Emma Johnson (Emma's Rectangle)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You're right. It'll take a long time to improve as a runner without covering multiple distances through the week.

It's also quite hard to be big into weights, big into yoga, big into spinning and big into running all at the same time because its hard to dedicate enough time to all of them (unless you are overexercising, sound familiar?!)

Her 10 mile time was alright for a beginner but for any improvement or to get to a sub 2 hour half she's going to need to let some of the other workout regime go to focus on running.

She has said it in videos before, she is very goal orientated but she also loses interest in things quickly, which makes sense with her attitude to health and fitness, but also a dangerous combination for disordered behaviour. I think there is no doubt now that she is demonstrating disordered behaviour.
I don't think anyone needs to bring pace into a running discussion. She's goal oriented and that appears to manifest in her distances covered, not time goals. I operate time/km not time/mile so not really sure what her times exactly equate to but I really don't think it's a big deal. She hasn't exactly mentioned a sub-2 HM - has she? I'll be honest I couldn't watch her whole vlog this week as it was so dull so I could be very wrong.

But yeah I agree I don't think she particularly enjoys running; she likes the caloric deficit it brings. Maybe I'm thinking into it too much, and I know people run for a whole host of reasons, but as a club runner who has a lot of peers who are runners, there's not one person I know who first and foremost doesn't just love running and Emma ain't that

Reactions: 7
I've watched Emma's videos for a good few years now and she has definitely started showing signs of becoming obsessed with exercise and working out. Fair play to her for losing all the weight but I feel she is going overboard now and setting a bit of a bad example to her younger followers who may be experiencing self esteem issues over their weight or bodies.

The ad thing is really starting to p*ss me off now. Yesterdays weekly vlog had an ad straight after she'd done the intro! I don't know how many there were in total but it seems to get more and more with every video. I understand that's part of how they raise their revenue but there comes a point where it starts becoming off putting and people will just stop watching, not just the ads but the whole video.

Reactions: 11
She also has massive body dysmorphia issues, I keep getting her loose skin video recommended. Her loose skin isn't bad, it's barely noticeable, she can wear crop tops and it doesn't hang when she bends over. I know someone who has a massive overhang of their stomach, loose arms, loose legs etc from the amount they have lost, and Emma preaching "love yourself, be proud of your loose skin" when she has so little is kind of a kick in the teeth to anyone who has such massive issues because their skin problems are so much worse than hers. She's speaking from a place of privilege and a place of a warped mirror viewpoint. She needs to reassess her mentality and possibly seek therapy, it's not healthy.

Reactions: 11
She also has massive body dysmorphia issues, I keep getting her loose skin video recommended. Her loose skin isn't bad, it's barely noticeable, she can wear crop tops and it doesn't hang when she bends over. I know someone who has a massive overhang of their stomach, loose arms, loose legs etc from the amount they have lost, and Emma preaching "love yourself, be proud of your loose skin" when she has so little is kind of a kick in the teeth to anyone who has such massive issues because their skin problems are so much worse than hers. She's speaking from a place of privilege and a place of a warped mirror viewpoint. She needs to reassess her mentality and possibly seek therapy, it's not healthy.
Couldn't agree more.

Also to whoever said earlier, why is her trainer not saying anything... literally, PREACH. I mean, its probably because 90% of PTs are deeeeeep in diet culture themselves, and just love being part of a body transformation because that stuff sells! She's probably gained loads of business from Emma losing a couple stone.

Haaaa even worse... her PT, Monika Chmielewska, has got her own bloomin' Youtube Channel too so of course there's vested interest in Emma being as exercise addicted as possible:

Reactions: 6
Couldn't agree more.

Also to whoever said earlier, why is her trainer not saying anything... literally, PREACH. I mean, its probably because 90% of PTs are deeeeeep in diet culture themselves, and just love being part of a body transformation because that stuff sells! She's probably gained loads of business from Emma losing a couple stone.

Haaaa even worse... her PT, Monika Chmielewska, has got her own bloomin' Youtube Channel too so of course there's vested interest in Emma being as exercise addicted as possible:

Her personal trainer should point out her toxic mentality around health and fitness to her, but this mentality is also paying her wages. I didn't know she also had a YT channel!

Reactions: 8
Yeah her new video and she says she had a lie in and then says she had a whole 8 hours sleep, what is she doing realistically that she can’t get 8 hours sleep a night 🙈

Reactions: 4
Yeah her new video and she says she had a lie in and then says she had a whole 8 hours sleep, what is she doing realistically that she can’t get 8 hours sleep a night 🙈
I’m a bad sleeper but I have a full time job outside of my home, she legit could have naps if it bothered her that much, I don’t get why Tim seems so passive to all her behaviour?

Reactions: 4
Don't ask why or judge but I'm really into vlogmasses at the moment and I'm watching Emma's from 2017 and she's got so much more of a personality in them

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The only reason she is too busy to upload is because she is addicted to exercising and spends her time spinning and running and training and doing yoga. She has no balance. She is totally all or nothing. She is NOT body positive and she is NOT an inspiration for sustainable, healthy weight loss/health and fitness.

Reactions: 8
I’ve been watching Emma for a good while and ever since the weight loss transformation it has become much less of a positive vibe in regards to her weight loss, in all her what I eat in a days she was avoiding sugar when she was baking and was always trying to make “healthy treats” and acting like sugar is the devil and was going to make her gain 10lbs and ruin her training 🙄 She seems to of calmed down on it recently (like when she made those kinder beuno cookies) but just seems like she’s excercising more to compensate for it

Reactions: 6
The fact she missed an upload essentially a day at work because she lost 2% mussel is very concerning that theres a clear problem

Also the fact she thinks a week of eating differently affects her muscle mass as though she's some jacked athlete needing marginal gains.

Reactions: 9
I found Emma through her weight loss journey video and I find her explanation of her 2% muscle loss quite troubling. Even more than that, why is her PT measuring her knowing that she’s just been on holiday? That’s not useful. Gyms have only been open for 6/7 weeks, to already be so focused on this sort of measurement rather than just her strength progression, for example, seems odd.

The fact she’s beating herself up like this should be a red flag to her PT

i started watching her reno videos, she has changed so much since then!!! i'm all for fitness but this girl has some issues as well as some forehead wrinkles....

Reactions: 1
She made a comment in that vlog which has made me think, she was going on about how she was on cut and they were expecting muscle not fat and that’s put her back a bit, this sounds (first of all so disordered and distorted) and secondly a bit like she’s gonna go down the body building route? Or bikini competitions? There are loads on Instagram that do it and talk that way, she keeps saying how she is goal driven and this is what makes me think this is why she’s soo fixed on this idea

Reactions: 3
She made a comment in that vlog which has made me think, she was going on about how she was on cut and they were expecting muscle not fat and that’s put her back a bit, this sounds (first of all so disordered and distorted) and secondly a bit like she’s gonna go down the body building route? Or bikini competitions? There are loads on Instagram that do it and talk that way, she keeps saying how she is goal driven and this is what makes me think this is why she’s soo fixed on this idea
People who lift usually go on cutting/bulking cycles even if they're not going professional, I'm not sure if she'd go fully down the bikini or bodybuilding route as she's even said she's not confident enough to lift in the gym without her PT there, I couldn't see her taking it that seriously

But I'm not surprised she's lost muscle, we've been in lockdown with no gym.. I really feel like she's beating herself up over this muscle loss/fat gain when it's entirely reasoned given the circumstances, and her PT really should have explained this to her so she didn't beat herself up for a day and a half when it's not that big of a deal...

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.