Emma Hill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not wishing to derail but just had a look at Brittany Bathgate and Lizzy Hadfirld and I’m genuinely baffled at how they have so many followers. What’s the attraction? Both dull as tit IMO.
agreed I don't see the attraction at all they are all so so boring.

Reactions: 4
Not wishing to derail but just had a look at Brittany Bathgate and Lizzy Hadfirld and I’m genuinely baffled at how they have so many followers. What’s the attraction? Both dull as tit IMO.
I'm subscribed to Lizzy. I see watching her as a challenge to understand dialect or mumble English better. 🤣 I've kind of a soft spot for her. I tried to watch Brittany a few times and she bores me to death.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Brittany has a unique and consistent point of view and at least has been more successful at curating her whole life around it. However, if you are not super petite and into the super shapeless/minimalist aesthetic, it will not appeal. And her personality is boring AF.

I used to have a soft spot for Lizzy too, but she's increasingly becoming more and more of a blogger clone. She's young, has a nice body, and has cultivated that "expensive-bookish-rich-girl-chic" look that is trendy right now.

Emma doesn't know what she wants, doesn't understand true style, and is just grasping at straws.

Reactions: 2
I think Brittany has an aesthetic she has carefully honed after years of evolving a personal style. Lizzy is more mainstream and less about a particular silhouette or aesthetic, more about a luxe androgyny that is more sexy than Brittany’s look, which is almost anti-provocative. Emma is jeans & blazers and the latest ‘it’ accessory, which is accessible but really boring.

Reactions: 7
Brittany has a unique and consistent point of view and at least has been more successful at curating her whole life around it. However, if you are not super petite and into the super shapeless/minimalist aesthetic, it will not appeal. And her personality is boring AF.

I used to have a soft spot for Lizzy too, but she's increasingly becoming more and more of a blogger clone. She's young, has a nice body, and has cultivated that "expensive-bookish-rich-girl-chic" look that is trendy right now.

Emma doesn't know what she wants, doesn't understand true style, and is just grasping at straws.

Do you know other social media people with that "expensive-bookish-rich-girl-chic"? I wouldn't mind having a look.

Reactions: 1
Do you know other social media people with that "expensive-bookish-rich-girl-chic"? I wouldn't mind having a look.
Sunbeamsjess is the original "expensive-bookish-rich-girl-chic," but her style is a lot more grungey than chic. It's quite inconsistent - it goes from androgynous to a truck load of freepeople bohemian real quick. But she is pretty well off, so gives that air of being able to spend all of her time reading, much like Lizzy. I do like Jess though, she seems fairly unproblematic, chill and smart, and can actually talk about books properly as she's an English Lit grad. I think other bloggers are aspiring to be her at the mo.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
She should not do handbag reviews her LV bag review was so boring and really not that helpful. I watch other YouTubers for their bag reviews bc that's all they do.

She should not do handbag reviews her LV bag review was so boring and really not that helpful. I watch other YouTubers for their bag reviews bc that's all they do.
Well.... she doesn't really go anywhere or do anything particularly interesting, hence... handbag reviews! Lol. Also does it count as a business expense if she bought it to review? ;)

Edited to add: I didn't manage to screenshot those stories with the affiliate links but OMG as you guys have said-she looked absolutely miserable. I'm not sure if she thinks this is a good look, because it is 100% not. Why would anyone be inspired by boring beige clothes on a miserable person?

Reactions: 5
She doesn’t even drink why does she look so rough in her posts. Great figure and blood shot eyes

I know it sucks to have people comment on your weight, but for real Emma. You have society’s ideal body type. Just delete the comments or stop mentioning it, or I don’t know, come up with an explanation. You don’t owe one to anyone, but people are going to ask how you lost such an obvious amount of weight so quickly because guess what DIET CULTURE and society’s general fatphobia. It must suck to be skinny and acceptable and not have to worry about how your fatness is perceived by others 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I don't get her tactics, she wants people to stop mentioning her weight loss, and yet, she keeps constantly bringing it up as a topic.

Reactions: 13
At this rate I have to applaud Emma. She's posted "transtional outfits", five of which are just a t-shirt, blazer and jeans. She's making enough money from posting the same outfit over and over again to afford to buy a gazillion beige toned things.

I also do wonder what "got lots of wear" means for a blogger. Does that mean they wore it once a week, one a month, or once at all? They always seem surprised to have used it outside of just for a blog post - a bit like Kendall Jenner being surprised she used rooms in her house in her recent Architectural Digest video.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Remember when she did her whole wardrobe "minimization" clearout earlier this year? She's probably replaced all of those things by now with new purchases. While I was trying to find the minimization video to see how many blazers she had, I unintentionally came across another video where --surprise!--she's wearing a sweater almost identical to her new cheap H&M one. It's like lather, rinse, Depop, repeat with her!

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 8.09.07 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 8.20.08 PM.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.