Emma Hill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Remember when she did her whole wardrobe "minimization" clearout earlier this year? She's probably replaced all of those things by now with new purchases. While I was trying to find the minimization video to see how many blazers she had, I unintentionally came across another video where --surprise!--she's wearing a sweater almost identical to her new cheap H&M one. It's like lather, rinse, Depop, repeat with her!
Apparently she has deleted her depop account (there was a security breach some time back) but "hasn't had the time to reupload...and hasn't got anything to depop atm.." suure.. so she's either just hoarding things in her attic,or throwing things out or donating them.
She appears to have a minimalist style/wardrobe but in reality she still has the same ridiculous amount of clothes/accessories, just that they are all identical(and beige)

Or maybe she's still selling things but on a stealthy secret account somewhere. Remember when she got flak for selling gifted press samples?
Regardless-minimalist, sustainable, environmentally friendly or conscious...these are not adjectives that apply to Emma

Reactions: 7
Oh, she is for sure hoarding. This is the same person who had a closet rail bending under the weight of her clothes... and a second closet for the rest. One massive clearout won't cure that.

I also can't with her justifying her massive wardrobe because "It's for my job"... So your job is to own multiples of the same thing so you can "inspire" people with the same boring outfit on repeat? I guess it's easier to dub yourself "queen of the blazers" and call it a day than to actually deliver good style.

Reactions: 7
Oh, she is for sure hoarding. This is the same person who had a closet rail bending under the weight of her clothes... and a second closet for the rest. One massive clearout won't cure that.

I also can't with her justifying her massive wardrobe because "It's for my job"... So your job is to own multiples of the same thing so you can "inspire" people with the same boring outfit on repeat? I guess it's easier to dub yourself "queen of the blazers" and call it a day than to actually deliver good style.
She could easily put more focus on content such as 'blue jeans in 10 ways, casual to smart' or whatever with different items of clothing that most people will own or that inspire versatile but modest wardrobes. Owning 50 blazers that you wear in 3 and a half ways that all look almost the same.. definitely doesn't make you fashion inspo.

I do feel like because her style so simple (which is perfectly fine, so is mine) she just buys to feel better and to have something to look forward to. Having 10 versions of the same thing isn't as exciting as a statement piece of clothing so let's just buy another black cashmere sweater/get it for free as a brand deal. Like I said about her Asos marketplace complaint that the denim shorts took two weeks to arrive... you must have nothing going on in your life if you're that annoyed about the delivery time for a pair of shorts.

Any time she talks about 'good quality basics' I just have to roll my eyes because she's got at least 5 of each and continues to buy more and for her having 'basics' doesn't change a thing since they get swapped out after a few months anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
For someone who supposedly lost weight during lockdown, her older jeans don’t seem to fit any differently than before. Maybe she got a neck lift or something. She definitely has been stretching her IG photos though.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
For someone who supposedly lost weight during lockdown, her older jeans don’t seem to fit any differently than before. Maybe she got a neck lift or something. She definitely has been stretching her IG photos though.
really??? How can you tell she’s been stretching her photos? That’s awful if she is!!! She can’t complain about people mentioning her weight if she’s ‘elongating’ her pics:eek:

Reactions: 3
There are worse offenders than Emma when it comes to doctoring photos, but that said, I feel like everyone does this now, especially when shooting with an iPhone. You're always going to get some distortion. One obvious giveaway is when the subject's feet look bigger than their head, like here:

Conversely, you can see by the angle of the side table that she took this photo from high up, so her head looks bigger and her body looks smaller:

She also positions her body in ways that will flatter her, like posing with one leg toward the camera, twisting her torso or standing on tiptoes:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CAF5rGgJjqL/

Reactions: 6
There are worse offenders than Emma when it comes to doctoring photos, but that said, I feel like everyone does this now, especially when shooting with an iPhone. You're always going to get some distortion. One obvious giveaway is when the subject's feet look bigger than their head, like here:

Conversely, you can see by the angle of the side table that she took this photo from high up, so her head looks bigger and her body looks smaller:

She also positions her body in ways that will flatter her, like posing with one leg toward the camera, twisting her torso or standing on tiptoes:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CAF5rGgJjqL/
Very true! Danielle Bernstein comes to mind as a flagrant editor of her photos. But yeah, the feet are usually a dead giveaway and we’ve seen her house and where she takes a lot of photos in her videos so you can just tell proportions are off sometimes. Plus, you’ve got that filter (or app maybe) that automatically makes you skinny in videos now. And her older pairs of jeans don’t fit any differently than before! Unless she’s lying and went out and bought smaller sizes of all her jeans 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Very true! Danielle Bernstein comes to mind as a flagrant editor of her photos. But yeah, the feet are usually a dead giveaway and we’ve seen her house and where she takes a lot of photos in her videos so you can just tell proportions are off sometimes. Plus, you’ve got that filter (or app maybe) that automatically makes you skinny in videos now. And her older pairs of jeans don’t fit any differently than before! Unless she’s lying and went out and bought smaller sizes of all her jeans 🤷🏻‍♀️
True about the jeans. Then again, she always bought her jeans and trousers too small! Perhaps we don't notice any weight loss because they aren't pulling at the seams and buttons now. :p

• Haha
Reactions: 4
True about the jeans. Then again, she always bought her jeans and trousers too small! Perhaps we don't notice any weight loss because they aren't pulling at the seams and buttons now. :p
🤣🤣🤣 I was thinking exactly this as I clicked post reply!

Reactions: 1
I remember when she one time told the waist of that particular jeans was 26". I never in my life have fitted into a 26" and I was very thin and near underweight in my teens up to late 20s and the smallest size I had was 27" in a Levis 505 (was it I think, it wasn't the 501, didn't like the fit when I was too skinny) with light blue wash. My clothes size was an XS to S or 34 to 36 (German sizing). I don't know how those influencers make up their sizing or they have to be very short. Emma does struck me as some one with a powerful bone structure and enough flesh on her bones to be a size M.
But to be fair I think in her more recent videos (before her hiatus) she said different sizings, more like 29" and size M.

Reactions: 4
I remember when she one time told the waist of that particular jeans was 26". I never in my life have fitted into a 26" and I was very thin and near underweight in my teens up to late 20s and the smallest size I had was 27" in a Levis 505 (was it I think, it wasn't the 501, didn't like the fit when I was too skinny) with light blue wash. My clothes size was an XS to S or 34 to 36 (German sizing). I don't know how those influencers make up their sizing or they have to be very short. Emma does struck me as some one with a powerful bone structure and enough flesh on her bones to be a size M.
But to be fair I think in her more recent videos (before her hiatus) she said different sizings, more like 29" and size M.
Vintage Levi’s sizing tends to be slightly off to modern jeans sizing, so that COULD account for the discrepancy. When I buy mine, I always ask for the actual measurements. But I think you’re right that a lot of influencers say they’re wearing one size to seem more “acceptable” rather than just giving the size they’re actually wearing. HelloOctober used to do this. It’s like, provide your measurements and the size you’re wearing and let your followers gauge what might fit them.

Influencers bill themselves as these experts on fashion when they’re not.

Vintage Levi’s sizing tends to be slightly off to modern jeans sizing, so that COULD account for the discrepancy. When I buy mine, I always ask for the actual measurements. But I think you’re right that a lot of influencers say they’re wearing one size to seem more “acceptable” rather than just giving the size they’re actually wearing. HelloOctober used to do this. It’s like, provide your measurements and the size you’re wearing and let your followers gauge what might fit them.

Influencers bill themselves as these experts on fashion when they’re not.
I was quite recently in the men's section of a local department store and tried on the 501 in my usual 29", Lord, there was no way to fit in. It was a light wash not a black. When I try on the more cure fitted Levi's models the 29" or 30" waist is a good fit. I own no Levi's at the moment.

Emma MAYBE could have been a size 26 back in her 20s, but she has never been that small in recent years. For one, it isn't just the size you are but the way your body is built. I think you're spot on regarding her bone structure, which is why I'm always surprised just how slim she looks in old photos. She also naturally has very little waist definition, which limits the types of cuts you can wear. Secondly, I wonder if the jeans she claimed were 26" had some vanity sizing going on? No way they were vintage Levi's, as those run smaller. A vintage 26 is like a modern 24.

Emma MAYBE could have been a size 26 back in her 20s, but she has never been that small in recent years. For one, it isn't just the size you are but the way your body is built. I think you're spot on regarding her bone structure, which is why I'm always surprised just how slim she looks in old photos. She also naturally has very little waist definition, which limits the types of cuts you can wear. Secondly, I wonder if the jeans she claimed were 26" had some vanity sizing going on? No way they were vintage Levi's, as those run smaller. A vintage 26 is like a modern 24.
I agree with that my mom is tall and skinny skinny and back in the 80s/90s she wore Levi's in size 27 and she had to special order them from the jeans shop in our town . She wears a 25 now in non levis jeans ,so I would definitely agree there is no way Emma could be 26 in vintage Levi's.

I agree with that my mom is tall and skinny skinny and back in the 80s/90s she wore Levi's in size 27 and she had to special order them from the jeans shop in our town . She wears a 25 now in non levis jeans ,so I would definitely agree there is no way Emma could be 26 in vintage Levi's.
Oh shoot, y’all are right. My mistake, I was thinking the opposite 😳 it’s only Tuesday and my brain is ready for a weekend. Can I just take 4 months off with no explanation now?!?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Just to be honest, I am not sure if the said Jeans was a Levi's. I took Levi's as an example because this was the smallest waist jeans I owned and people are more or less familiar with their specific sizing.
I was thinking, maybe the jeans she spoke of was high-waisted and that would explain why the waist could be so tiny. When you would compare it to a low rise jeans like we wore them in the early 00's.
I also had Miss Sixty jeans in 27", though.
I just don't think that her recent body (as in the last five years) would fit in a 26" waist. And it is a miracle to me how. Edit: when I see jeans with 25" or 26" on the sales racks in store now I could've never fit into them when I was younger.

Ok I only wear Levi’s and just went to have a look, I’m petite and wear 26 mid rise in modern Levi’s, which mostly all have stretch.

29 in vintage 501s should but probably be 28, but I shrink them when they arrive and prefer them a bit looser since they have zero stretch and they are 100% cotton.

It would be nice if they weren’t so hung up on their sizes and appearing in the absolute smallest size at all times, since they are essentially there as online sales associates/ mannequins. It must be uncomfortable to sit down in such tight clothes.

It would be nice if they weren’t so hung up on their sizes and appearing in the absolute smallest size at all times, since they are essentially there as online sales associates/ mannequins. It must be uncomfortable to sit down in such tight clothes.
Yes, at times I would cringe inwardly while watching some of Emma's try ons, where the fly on her jeans would be bulging and the crotch area really strained. Vintage Levi's are particularly guilty of this, at least before you wear them in. And in my experience as a ruler-shape, 501s are the worst offenders thanks to the nipped-in waist and button fly. They're great if you've got a small waist, but on me, they just squish my abdomen and exacerbate the lower tummy area.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I wonder why Emma has not made the previous shed/workspace into a "storefront" walk-thru storage shes not using at the moment.
I always cringe at the sight of her ending clothing pole, she's not going to use 150 different jeans in one season, she is just a hoarder and should just accept that.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.