Emma Hill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, surely it’s better that she buys second hand? Whether they are this season or 10 years old, someone else clearly doesn’t need them anymore so it’s better that they go to the landfill that is Emma’s wardrobe rather than an actual landfill.
But also, does Emma really need another pair of sunglasses? Just because it’s secondhand doesn’t mean she needs it.

Reactions: 10
So in the new video she even admits she slimmed down during lock down so why was she so snippy when people said she looked great and asked if she lost weight? I mean I know weight is a touchy subject but if she's willing to discuss it, why be snotty in your replies? I figured based on her response she wouldn't have discussed it at all

Reactions: 6
Oh, and another thing. She really should’ve waited for an actual Old Celine Sangle bag. After Hedi took over, they changed their leather suppliers and the quality of it now no longer justifies the heavy price tag. It’s noticeably lower quality.

Reactions: 7
It really irked me how she pointed out the two week delivery time on those Asos marketplace shorts. Yes she did admit that she ordered during the pandemic 'but things were starting to open up again so two weeks is...'. Good lord, these influencers are only seeking one instant gratification to be replaced by the next. You must have almost nothing going on in your life if you are that aware of a two week delivery time for a pair of shorts during a time when you don't even leave the house and you still have 100 other clothes items to wear.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It really irked me how she pointed out the two week delivery time on those Asos marketplace shorts. Yes she did admit that she ordered during the pandemic 'but things were starting to open up again so two weeks is...'. Good lord, these influencers are only seeking one instant gratification to be replaced by the next. You must have almost nothing going on in your life if you are that aware of a two week delivery time for a pair of shorts during a time when you don't even leave the house and you still have 100 other clothes items to wear.
I’ve never personally used ASOS Marketplace, but it’s global, right?

Vestiaire Collective has long delivery times too. I guess if it’s luxury, it’s worth the wait, but for some jean shorts, she’s got to whine about it.

Reactions: 2
She seemed so low-energy in that video, like she really didn't want to be there. Also, if it's true that she lost weight during lockdown, I couldn't tell. In fact, it looks like her jawline has completely disappeared. Maybe it's just the camera? The difference between how she looks on video vs her iPhone pics is very apparent here.

Also, Emma forever trying to catch up with the blogger train: the cutaways with those dumb bobby socks.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
At first glance this comment thread probably wouldn't go noticed, but when you think about it, why did her follower feel the need to apologise for causing offence? It was a perfectly valid observation/question and not in any way offensive.
Emma's reply is very reasonable of course (no criticism here)

But maybe others have also picked up on vibes from her previous style of replying to messages/comments... which is sad, that a follower would feel afraid of offending her (even if not justified)
Who knows!

She seems to be nicer in replies of late, so maybe removing YT from her "workload" is indeed helping with her stress.
wow that is a very sweet response from Emma

I see we're back to doing hauls, but it's OK cos they aren't from Zara anymore. #sustainable
I watched the first 5 minutes, after 2 new bags and 2 pairs of sunglasses I tuned out. Nobody needs £1700 worth of bags and sunnies when they already have the ginormous collection she has. I'm sure she's bought similar cat eye sunnies at least twice before. It doesn't make it more sustainable if you're going to throw something out in order to replace it with a designer pair.

When you're throwing out donating 5-10 bin bags of things every season, you need to stop buying things!!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I see we're back to doing hauls, but it's OK cos they aren't from Zara anymore. #sustainable
I watched the first 5 minutes, after 2 new bags and 2 pairs of sunglasses I tuned out. Nobody needs £1700 worth of bags and sunnies when they already have the ginormous collection she has. I'm sure she's bought similar cat eye sunnies at least twice before. It doesn't make it more sustainable if you're going to throw something out in order to replace it with a designer pair.

When you're throwing out donating 5-10 bin bags of things every season, you need to stop buying things!!
how does she have the money?

Reactions: 1
how does she have the money?
She has over half a million followers so brands will gift/lend. But it’s the drive to consume it sparks in others and the normalising of excessive shopping that she’s been called out for. All bloggers do it but others were more careful with ‘hauls’.

Now there’s lots of capsule wardrobes/edits/second hand/shop your own wardrobes going on in the insta world to rein it back in a bit.

She has over half a million followers so brands will gift/lend. But it’s the drive to consume it sparks in others and the normalising of excessive shopping that she’s been called out for. All bloggers do it but others were more careful with ‘hauls’.

Now there’s lots of capsule wardrobes/edits/second hand/shop your own wardrobes going on in the insta world to rein it back in a bit.
she just wears the same thing over and over though, nothing is original

The look book/summer staples is just so boring. Also if you want to buy comfortable shoes why would you buy ugly chanel ones? I know my comfortable shoes arent the most attractive but why waste all that money just for the designer logo? Those sandals legit look like the boot I had to wear when I broke a bone in my foot. Plenty of much more affordable brands have actual support.

Reactions: 3
The look book/summer staples is just so boring. Also if you want to buy comfortable shoes why would you buy ugly chanel ones? I know my comfortable shoes arent the most attractive but why waste all that money just for the designer logo? Those sandals legit look like the boot I had to wear when I broke a bone in my foot. Plenty of much more affordable brands have actual support.
They’re also veeeery trendy. All the bloggers have them. For someone so obsessed with preloved/second hand, there are def other options that she could’ve gone for. And pretty sure these sandals are already showing up on Vestiaire.

Reactions: 5
They’re also veeeery trendy. All the bloggers have them. For someone so obsessed with preloved/second hand, there are def other options that she could’ve gone for. And pretty sure these sandals are already showing up on Vestiaire.
hers will be up there soon fear not, she isobsessed with being in fashion

Woof. The story with the striped sweater. For someone who took a break for like 3 months, she’s looking so haggard.

• Haha
Yikes! Emma's clearly trying to copy Brittany Bathgate, Lizzy Hadfield, et. al with these underlit, grainy photos, except what you have to know is that unless you have youthful vitality exploding out of your pores and/or you know your angles, the result is gonna look tired, old, and sad, ie. what everyone described above.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Not wishing to derail but just had a look at Brittany Bathgate and Lizzy Hadfirld and I’m genuinely baffled at how they have so many followers. What’s the attraction? Both dull as tit IMO.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.