Emma Hill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder why Emma has not made the previous shed/workspace into a "storefront" walk-thru storage shes not using at the moment.
I always cringe at the sight of her ending clothing pole, she's not going to use 150 different jeans in one season, she is just a hoarder and should just accept that.
I think at some point, the shed/studio, the basement and second bedroom were all storage spaces for her hoard, but as we know she'd go through phases of throwing out things only to reaccumulate them... the last we saw (pre 4 month break) was Simon poking around in the attic/loft space with her clothes stored there as well.
Even though she's only showed us a relatively modest "lockdown haul" we all know she bought much more than that... so for all we know, the basement, studio etc are hiding piles of things again! (Out of sight, out of mind) lol

Has anyone seen the black blazer from her collection with the curated? I'm sure it'll sell well but frankly it's so boring. She most definitely has had multiple similar versions of the "most perfect/absolute favourite blazer" (all gone now BYEEE)

I bet her new wardrobe rails will start to bend again, but also quite sure she won't show us her wardrobes for a bit because "privacy" haha

Reactions: 5
Has anyone seen the black blazer from her collection with the curated? I'm sure it'll sell well but frankly it's so boring.
I'm actually kind of into her blazer tbh; it seems a bit thicker and wool like than others, but still a bit of slouch. And as it's navy it looks a bit more fresh. However, I'm not normally a blazers gal and think I've just been influenced 😓 EVERYONE and their nan is doing the slouchy blazer thing lately, so I guess if ever there was a time for Emma to launch a blazer it would be now. She's up against the arket and & other stories blazer everyone seems to be rocking.

Reactions: 2
Ugh her new video just grates on me. i used to think she looked so put together all the time, now I think she just looks boring. Who would wear suit jacket and trousers with tennis shoes? I've never seen people do that in real life. Also how depressing that she only wears blue if it is in her jeans. I mean I get comments that I don't wear a lot of color but I've got olives and other greens that I wear, blues, reds, and polka dots so I'm doing better than Emma. Sure it is easier if your jackets and shoes are neutral but that doesn't mean you can't wear a t-shirt with color.

Reactions: 3
Ugh her new video just grates on me. i used to think she looked so put together all the time, now I think she just looks boring. Who would wear suit jacket and trousers with tennis shoes? I've never seen people do that in real life. Also how depressing that she only wears blue if it is in her jeans. I mean I get comments that I don't wear a lot of color but I've got olives and other greens that I wear, blues, reds, and polka dots so I'm doing better than Emma. Sure it is easier if your jackets and shoes are neutral but that doesn't mean you can't wear a t-shirt with color.
Yes!!
Colour is not your enemy Emma!!
The video strangely made me feel sad for her.
How long do you think it'll be before Simon's Disney prints get replaced? They have more than 3 colours!!! Haha.

Reactions: 6
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I see very little reason to own more than 2 or 3 blazers (unless you're wearing suits every day to work). A dark neutral, a heavier woolen one for cold weather, and maybe a lighter one for warmer months. I doubt Emma regularly rotates through her massive collection of identical blazers, and if she does, there are simply too many for her to be getting good cost-per-wear out of them. But I can't wait (eyeroll) for her to explain why her basic-ass design is the ne plus ultra of blazers.

Regarding color, I think a while ago someone --very gently and complimentarily--commented on her IG that she should wear more color b/c she can pull it off and colors can boost your mood. Emma snapped back that neutrals make her happy and that it was rude of them to assume otherwise. I wonder what she's going to do when this minimalist/neutral fashion zeitgeist passes (and it will, eventually).

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I see very little reason to own more than 2 or 3 blazers (unless you're wearing suits every day to work). A dark neutral, a heavier woolen one for cold weather, and maybe a lighter one for warmer months. I doubt Emma regularly rotates through her massive collection of identical blazers, and if she does, there are simply too many for her to be getting good cost-per-wear out of them. But I can't wait (eyeroll) for her to explain why her basic-ass design is the ne plus ultra of blazers.

Regarding color, I think a while ago someone --very gently and complimentarily--commented on her IG that she should wear more color b/c she can pull it off and colors can boost your mood. Emma snapped back that neutrals make her happy and that it was rude of them to assume otherwise. I wonder what she's going to do when this minimalist/neutral fashion zeitgeist passes (and it will, eventually).
Right? I feel like I have too many blazers and I own 4 or 5? A cropped black, a normal black blazer, a dark grey, a checked one, and a dark red with pin stripe and it is more than sufficient for me. How does Emma who doesn't work a job that requires a suit need so many?

I don't get her snapping at people who are complimenting her and suggesting she wears color. She should be happy her fans like her and care enough to even suggest that! I'm always really touched when someone has taken the time to think about something they think would look nice on me, even if I don't end up liking it I at least try it.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
She appears to have a minimalist style/wardrobe but in reality she still has the same ridiculous amount of clothes/accessories, just that they are all identical(and beige)
Do people really think this? She's far from minimalist when it comes to her clothing! Her wardrobe is always stuffed full and she's always making new purchases/getting gifted new things. One of the rails in their wardrobe was sagging due to how many jeans she owned - I can't imagine she (or any of her followers watching) truly believes she's minimalist in any way shape or form.

Do people really think this? She's far from minimalist when it comes to her clothing! Her wardrobe is always stuffed full and she's always making new purchases/getting gifted new things. One of the rails in their wardrobe was sagging due to how many jeans she owned - I can't imagine she (or any of her followers watching) truly believes she's minimalist in any way shape or form.
I used to wonder this about so many influencers too until I realized they meant "minimalist" in terms of the style, not the amount of clothing in their closet. Emma has said herself that she is not a minimalist in terms of someone who does capsule wardrobes and things like that. She may fool herself about a lot of things, but at least not about that!

Reactions: 4
Why does she need so many clothes when she doesn’t go anywhere or do anything? She styles herself like she goes to work...but she doesn’t? I liked it when bloggers who had actual jobs would share their outfit ideas and good high street finds etc.

this is all...play acting.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Why does she need so many clothes when she doesn’t go anywhere or do anything? She styles herself like she goes to work...but she doesn’t? I liked it when bloggers who had actual jobs would share their outfit ideas and good high street finds etc.

Once bloggers quit their full time jobs and became influencers full time is when it all went to hell. Play acting is exactly what it is because they have to market and sell these outfits to people who have actual jobs.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

I know! Even before lockdown she only went to Bluewater and KFC 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Once bloggers quit their full time jobs and became influencers full time is when it all went to hell. Play acting is exactly what it is because they have to market and sell these outfits to people who have actual jobs.
This is so true. I wish influencers wouldn't pretend they know about work outfits or 'back to school' style because it's been years since most of them had to do any of that, and when they do put together office-appropriate outfits they're never something most people would wear! It's either not practical, too fussy, or just plain not even office appropriate.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m surprised there’s been no mention of #secondhandseptember from our sustainable gal Emma. If she’s trying to rebrand, she’s doing a bad job.

• Haha
Her latest "5 Tips to Look Chic" video is the laziest style advice I've ever seen. Wear bland colors, keep your clothes clean, and wear sunglasses. Groundbreaking. Oh, and have a separate set of tailoring for work and play... so tone-deaf!

• Haha
Well that escalated quickly..
I'm not sure why influencers and their followers feel the need to police people's comments under the guise of "be kind". I absolutely agree there is no room or need for cruel, rude or unkind commentary. But negative feedback exists in every industry (ideally structured in a constructive manner), and that is what helps us grow and improve. Influencers are deluded if they think that everyone should agree with their view point because "you do you" and it is their page.
After all, they are "public figures", choosing to live in the public eye to make a living. Just as Emma herself suggests searching for reviews and feedback on things before buying (e.g. apparently googling eBay sellers and whatnot, in her previous "guides to buying unnecessary things online"), people are 100% entitled to state their opinion (positive or negative).

Attachments

Reactions: 3
I don’t think emma’s reply was too bad, the bumlickers however are disgusting. Hoping to get noticed by the influencers for their defence. They are attacking that poster for posting an opinion which wasn’t hurtful.

Reactions: 13
So...her latest H&M ad. And again, H&M is greenwashing. There’s no mention on the site that this particular H&M collab is made in Italy. The brand’s mainline that they sell on Net A Porter is though. H&M doesn’t even disclose if the items are imported or not, or made in XXX country. Also, the majority of items is made from polyester. I thought Emma was all about that natural fibers life. H&M then says the line is made with recycled materials, but doesn’t explicitly state what percentage of, I’m assuming, the polyester is recycled (i.e., 30% recycled poly, 70% virgin poly) which is technically misleading the customer and a big no-no if you want to content claim correctly.

I really want to know Emma’s response and explanation to that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I feel bad for the person who just made an honest comment. Can I not tell my favorite band that their new album isn't their best? YES I can tell them, and I don't think there is anything wrong by saying that. I hate when people make it seem like all critism is bad, without it we can't grow or improve. Sure maybe Emma will still wear it, but if others who don't like it said something maybe she'd improve her content. People need to realize once your hobby is a job, you can't really just do stuff for yourself. Sure you can still make art, or music, or clothing etc for yourself based on what you want. But you still will get feed back bc you are selling your work. Sure her work are videos encouraging people to buy stuff but it is still work. Not everyone likes everything and I don't think there is anything wrong with reminding people.

I think Emma's comment was a bit snippy about getting thicker skin, almost as if that comment would've bothered her before but not now as her skin is thicker? One time I wore a dress and my aunt though it was not flattering on me and she told me so. Did it hurt my feeling, NO because it doesn't matter it is just clothes. Do I still wear that dress? Sometimes, but I do understand now what she meant about it being unflattering and while I still like the dress when it comes time to get a new one, I have a better idea of what looks good on me.

I can't even imagine throwing a fit bc someone didn't like my clothes. Maybe when I was 13? But not now and im in my 30s just like Emma she needs to grow up.

And those stans going to Emma's defence in hope of some attention from her are gross too.

I wouldn’t be particularly happy if my aunt told me my dress wasn’t flattering though 😂

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.