Emma Hill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone here got a reply from her? Or a DM? I am so lucky! She not only replied to my smart (hater in her words) comment but she also DM'd me LOL I didn't bother reading what she has to say, neither I will.
God, you must have rattled her cage! What did you say?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Has anyone here got a reply from her? Or a DM? I am so lucky! She not only replied to my smart (hater in her words) comment but she also DM'd me LOL I didn't bother reading what she has to say, neither I will.
She really has no class whatsoever.

Reactions: 5
I’ve DMed her a few times about her touting sustainability when she shops at H&M and has 10 of the same blazers. Her response was basically “progress, not perfection. And I shop from the conscious line”. Yeah, okay hun. Still not sustainable.

Aja Barber has a great post today about how white women keep taking these sponsorships from H&M and other fast fashion brands while parroting sustainability and how they get the benefit of the doubt because they’re “trying to do better”.

Reactions: 8
I’ve DMed her a few times about her touting sustainability when she shops at H&M and has 10 of the same blazers. Her response was basically “progress, not perfection. And I shop from the conscious line”. Yeah, okay hun. Still not sustainable.

Aja Barber has a great post today about how white women keep taking these sponsorships from H&M and other fast fashion brands while parroting sustainability and how they get the benefit of the doubt because they’re “trying to do better”.
Aja says a lot of good stuff about sustainability but she's full of hypocrisy. She'll support problematic people who are her riends while tearing into other influencers (who she conveniently doesn't know). She always has an excuse for why it's ok for so-and-so to work with fast fashion brands but not someone else. She also said she wouldn't do ads (that's why she has a patreon) but then... does ads on Instagram. Quite skeezy when she got people to sign up to her Patreon so she doesn't have to do ads on social media but now wants to cash in on both platforms (without disclosing propely). Major eyeroll.

I hate that people like Emma continue to work with H&M and other fast fashion brands especially when they've "boycotted" other brands (like Everlane) for not been sustainable enough. Weird position to take.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Aja says a lot of good stuff about sustainability but she's full of hypocrisy. She'll support problematic people who are her riends while tearing into other influencers (who she conveniently doesn't know). She always has an excuse for why it's ok for so-and-so to work with fast fashion brands but not someone else. She also said she wouldn't do ads (that's why she has a patreon) but then... does ads on Instagram. Quite skeezy when she got people to sign up to her Patreon so she doesn't have to do ads on social media but now wants to cash in on both platforms (without disclosing propely). Major eyeroll.

I hate that people like Emma continue to work with H&M and other fast fashion brands especially when they've "boycotted" other brands (like Everlane) for not been sustainable enough. Weird position to take.
OoOo I’m intrigued! Please continue!

❤❤❤
Sorry, you are the first person I know who isn’t in awe with Aja, so pleased to see this ❤

It's because Aja has created a toxic space where if you dare to question her (no matter how likely) she'll get get 200k
OoOo I’m intrigued! Please continue!
If you follow Aja for any length of time you'll see her account is more about drama and less about educating people. Which is fine except she's created this toxic environment where, if you disagree (even politely) with anything she says, she takes it personally, and rants about it at length in her Stories. She has such a large following that of course they rush to her defense by being abusive to the person who dared disagree with Aja. Doesn't matter if that person is being polite or has a valid point or is more educated on subject than Aja. It's REALLY toxic.

Theres a bunch of examples where Aja is a hypocrite. Like calling people out about being racist and severing ties with people who say/do things that are harmful (fair). But then continuing to be friends with people who have done this. I can't remember her name (Kate someone?) interviewed a woman and asked what percentage native American she was... Somehow Aja is still friends with that woman yet pops off when a stranger on the internet says something she doesn't like.

I used to follow Aja and then I realised how toxic she is as a person (after reading solve stuff on Reddit). She's forever justifying why it's ok for her to be abusive towards others.i get why she's so angry but sheesh is she nasty to others. There are much better people to follow if you want to learn about sustainability without the daily toxic drama Aja brings.

• Heart
It's because Aja has created a toxic space where if you dare to question her (no matter how likely) she'll get get 200k

If you follow Aja for any length of time you'll see her account is more about drama and less about educating people. Which is fine except she's created this toxic environment where, if you disagree (even politely) with anything she says, she takes it personally, and rants about it at length in her Stories. She has such a large following that of course they rush to her defense by being abusive to the person who dared disagree with Aja. Doesn't matter if that person is being polite or has a valid point or is more educated on subject than Aja. It's REALLY toxic.

Theres a bunch of examples where Aja is a hypocrite. Like calling people out about being racist and severing ties with people who say/do things that are harmful (fair). But then continuing to be friends with people who have done this. I can't remember her name (Kate someone?) interviewed a woman and asked what percentage native American she was... Somehow Aja is still friends with that woman yet pops off when a stranger on the internet says something she doesn't like.

I used to follow Aja and then I realised how toxic she is as a person (after reading solve stuff on Reddit). She's forever justifying why it's ok for her to be abusive towards others.i get why she's so angry but sheesh is she nasty to others. There are much better people to follow if you want to learn about sustainability without the daily toxic drama Aja brings.
Yeah, I agree with a lot of what you’re saying and sometimes find myself questioning her reactions. I think she subtly gaslights a lot too, but then I think “well, I’m white and I can’t really police her tone” 🤷🏻‍♀️ I agree that her responses to anything other than glowing agreement are super snarky. Thanks for writing that all out. I tend to just engage in her sustainability content because it’s what I do for work.

ANYWAY! Back to Emma! More beige and tailored trousers. Again, I totally missed her “all black must haves” video. Are people that daft that they need a video telling them that black boots and a black belt and a black blazer are must haves in their wardrobe?

Yeah, I agree with a lot of what you’re saying and sometimes find myself questioning her reactions. I think she subtly gaslights a lot too, but then I think “well, I’m white and I can’t really police her tone” 🤷🏻‍♀️ I agree that her responses to anything other than glowing agreement are super snarky. Thanks for writing that all out. I tend to just engage in her sustainability content because it’s what I do for work.
That's part of the reason why it's so toxic. Aja has created this situation where any criticism of her or the "facts" she shares, no matter how valid, is framed as 'white people telling a black person how to feel.' That in itself is super manipulative. She's created a situation where her crappy actions cannot ever be challenged. I swear a lot of people following Aja are too scared to unfollow.

ANYWAY! Back to Emma! More beige and tailored trousers. Again, I totally missed her “all black must haves” video. Are people that daft that they need a video telling them that black boots and a black belt and a black blazer are must haves in their wardrobe?
Emma really does seem lost for content ideas. I know we've been stuck indoors for most of the year but is this not an opportunity to try new things?

Emma's getting almost too boring to criticize, which might possibly be her strategy. On her last video, someone way down in the comments called her out for recycling the same old content in every video, and her response was "I encourage you to unsubscribe then, as I can't please everyone." By becoming so bland and devoid of personality, she can keep her following in line, b/c everyone else will have left due to boredom.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Emma's getting almost too boring to criticize, which might possibly be her strategy. On her last video, someone way down in the comments called her out for recycling the same old content in every video, and her response was "I encourage you to unsubscribe then, as I can't please everyone." By becoming so bland and devoid of personality, she can keep her following in line, b/c everyone else will have left due to boredom.
I think she’s just as bored with her content as we are. She’s not even trying anymore. I’m so glad that a global pandemic has exposed “content creators” for what they are - uncreative bores with fancy laptops and cameras.

Reactions: 12
I think she’s just as bored with her content as we are. She’s not even trying anymore. I’m so glad that a global pandemic has exposed “content creators” for what they are - uncreative bores with fancy laptops and cameras.
She’s definitely phoning it in at this point, but as long as she’s raking in money from affiliate links and ads (for even less work than she put in before), it probably suits her just fine.

Reactions: 4
She’s definitely phoning it in at this point, but as long as she’s raking in money from affiliate links and ads (for even less work than she put in before), it probably suits her just fine.
At which point I have to ask, what has happened to ethics and integrity?
I can't tell if Emma is so depressed and anxious that she cannot create real content, or if she's just taking the easiest possible route to an income. If it's the latter then where's the sense of pride in one's work, where's the integrity gone? What kind of a life is this? So many shady influencers fall into this category and it really highlights how some people are entirely lacking in morals.
I should add that I've done nothing more than look at the titles of her videos since she disappeared in lockdown and wrote that snarky essay of a notice where she was basically telling anyone who asked about her whereabouts to piss off. I said at that time I wouldn't even hate watch her anymore and I meant it. Appalling behaviour.
I wouldn't even give her a pass if it did come out that she's having mental health problems again. It's no excuse to act like a rude witch to your followers. I have severe anxiety and I can assure you I don't snap at people the way she does. Inexcusable for an adult to behave that way, particularly to the people who are funding your lifestyle.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
She’s doing a Depop sale. Looks like some of the stuff for sale was gifted - the Sezane bag and Dune boots. The Sezane bag was in a post only like 2 or 3 weeks ago.

• Wow
She’s doing a Depop sale. Looks like some of the stuff for sale was gifted - the Sezane bag and Dune boots. The Sezane bag was in a post only like 2 or 3 weeks ago.
I was thinking she’s now strapped for cash (as in she’s not making enough money) 😂 or just doing it instead of making YouTube videos

Reactions: 4
Her depop is https://www.depop.com/emmahillblog/

I was thinking she’s now strapped for cash (as in she’s not making enough money) 😂 or just doing it instead of making YouTube videos
My first thought was: Nah, if she's strapped for cash, selling her tit isn't going to make a big difference. But wow, I added up all the items she recently posted for sale and it comes to over £13,500! I still think she's mostly getting rid of things b/c she's running out of space, but putting 13k back in her pocket is nothing to sniff at.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I hope she purchased these items otherwise that would be infuriating. I cannot even imagine having £13k worth in my wardrobe let alone not liking it and getting rid of the stuff. Pure privilege.

Reactions: 7
Wow - I didn’t look at everything on her Depop, but people are mad to have paid the prices for the quality. The Gucci belt isn’t that much more brand new and has heaps of wear. Plus the Chloe Faye bag has lots of wear for that price. Could get way better deals on Vestiaire for those!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.