Emma Hill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find her very hypocritical I don’t know about anyone else but I’d say I have an average sized wardrobe of clothes for summer and winter I don’t need to switch it round for different seasons and put things in storage like her good self! I don’t need a day out of my life to organise my my wardrobe 4 times a year, I know this is her job to advertise clothes but if you are sending the message of sustainability surely she should just buy less stuff stop redoing all of the rooms in your house be happy with what you have got! If not stop trying to force a message onto people when you my not living it yourself!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I find her very hypocritical I don’t know about anyone else but I’d say I have an average sized wardrobe of clothes for summer and winter I don’t need to switch it round for different seasons and put things in storage like her good self! I don’t need a day out of my life to organise my my wardrobe 4 times a year, I know this is her job to advertise clothes but if you are sending the message of sustainability surely she should just buy less stuff stop redoing all of the rooms in your house be happy with what you have got! If not stop trying to force a message onto people when you my not living it yourself!
^^^ all of this.

I can’t stand how she constantly says she’s trying or that she’s been on this journey for 3-4 years. Like girl, stop buying fast fashion and stop doing sponsored content with fast fashion brands. Get creative, even if that means she might have to take a pay cut. She can’t authentically talk about sustainability when taking sponsorships from brands who don’t care about their workers or the environment. Great! She’s stopped buying from Zara, but what about H&M and Mango? She said she has a bunch of Celine bags on her wishlist. Do you not have enough bags yet? Also, funny. She goes on about how she can’t wear heels anymore because she hurt her foot after the marathon. What does she buy with her Vestiaire voucher? Celine heels. She already has the Prada suede heels...that she’s not wearing because she doesn’t go anywhere that requires them. And what about Deb? Is Emma helping her make better buying decisions?

She always leaves off the caveat of “if you can afford to shop more sustainably...”. Low income people are not keeping fast fashion brands afloat, it’s rich people who can choose to shop better and don’t. She talks nothing about capitalism or race, which is probably good because she’d come off sounding like an idiot.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I just wonder why someone who's developed a taste for designer handbags and who can afford to splash out on really expensive things (and that's without getting into the false ~sUsTaInAbILiTy~ rhetoric) would even want clothing from H&M and Mango. The designs are derivative and the quality is shite. Like, if you wouldn't want it second-hand, why buy it at all? Are they cutting her paychecks so fat she can't afford to walk away? You'd think by now she would have upgraded to higher-end partnerships, instead of continuing to promote the worst of the worst fast fashion. Like @poopettemetis said,

Low income people are not keeping fast fashion brands afloat, it’s rich people who can choose to shop better and don’t.
Emma's target demographic is probably like her: a bit older, more financially stable, and possessing the means to indulge in nice purchases. She's driving those people to Mango and H&M when there are much better choices out there.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Emma's target demographic is probably like her: a bit older, more financially stable, and possessing the means to indulge in nice purchases. She's driving those people to Mango and H&M when there are much better choices out there.
I think the reality is she is driving those people away. She seemed fresh and interesting at first but she really has nothing to offer. I unfollowed long ago since she is so inconsistent with her content and her message. Pushing Mango and HM is appealing to her base, that actually envy her, and want her look but not the real price tag.

Reactions: 4
I think a lot of her followers like the second hand thing because it’s cheaper than buying brand new her videos about the Chanel handbag and buying on vestiere were quite informative! Now she just seems to buy second hand for the sake of it which kind of defeats the point!
I kind of wouldn’t mind this whole moody cool thing If she was actually cool but in reality she seems very self obsessed and unhappy and it’s kind of obvious!

Reactions: 9
I think a lot of her followers like the second hand thing because it’s cheaper than buying brand new her videos about the Chanel handbag and buying on vestiere were quite informative! Now she just seems to buy second hand for the sake of it which kind of defeats the point!
I kind of wouldn’t mind this whole moody cool thing If she was actually cool but in reality she seems very self obsessed and unhappy and it’s kind of obvious!
And not to mention she recycles (LOL) the same tips - make a list, check the website often, pay a little more for something of quality, do your research...

Reactions: 7
I don’t think her audience seem to care - given her high views - but she has backed herself into a corner with the sustainability/green washing. From the outside she looks like a shopaholic, but is now channeling that into luxe second hand pieces, which we know barely see the light of day given her lifestyle!
Does she see herself as a collector (ie of Celine bags) or is perhaps insecure about her background and current lifestyle and is just filling a hole?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
She's trying to fill a hole because she's unhappy and unsatisfied and has a meaningless career. Shopping gives her a dopamine rush, especially when there isn't as much to look forward to these days.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I do think it's unfair Emma was targeted by that documentary about fast fashion when there are so many influencers doing the exact same thing as her. Only Emma was placed uner fire really and I imagine that hit her quite hard. It forced her to talk about sustainability when other influencers could get away with ignoring it. Although she did start talking about sustainability as a result nad then backed herself into a corner where she just looks like a hypocrite for talkinga bout these issues without following through by changing her shopping habits or the brands she works with.

I need to give it t her, her latest video on the clothes/shoes care kit was actually quite informative and watchable.

Reactions: 4
I need to give it t her, her latest video on the clothes/shoes care kit was actually quite informative and watchable.
You piqued my curiosity so I went and watched it too. I gotta say, even though most of it was common sense stuff, it was a good video and Emma came across as quite likable. A bit like the old Emma actually. Also, the longer hair is looking good. But since this is Tattle, I'll add that I rolled my eyes at her #consciousfashion hashtag...

• Haha
Exactly. I think, as with many influencers, she gets a lot of hate for shoving
She’s not “buying” anything. Her “secondhand butgrand” is 100% so she can keep up that Vestiaire partnership and keep those vouchers coming. Her latest “top and worst picks” was literally a Vestiaire ad but bc she had to spend 5 quid on each item bc they voucher didn’t cover a tiny portion, she make believes she too had to spend $ on these items. Beyond over the scam.

• Wow
That video title was such click-baity nonsense. How can she call those her "Best and Worst" purchases when she's barely worn any of them? It was a luxury haul, plain and simple. I can also guarantee that we will see many of those items on her Depop within the year (if not Depop, then worn a couple times and never to be seen again): the hideous brown Gucci handbag, Wandler bag, Nanushka hobo, and Celine pumps will not have any longevity in her wardrobe.

Reactions: 8
It was my first time watching one of her videos since she went MIA! I was shocked!! The formatting, everything she showed was basically black and then zoomed into it on a black background so you couldn't really make out any of the details, esp the chanel black on black sandals!
Also there was 2 black totes in there and she's thinking about getting another more neutral colour tote of the black Celine tote.... Is black not neutral enough?? I feel like the Celine heels were an impulse purchase simply bcos the label says Celine,(this has happened me before 🤦) they are sky high she's never going to wear them!! The Manolas were very pretty though!

I was shocked to see how many designer purchases Emma has made during the last months considering we've all been quarantined and had nowhere to wear all that stuff. I myself enjoy treating myself with luxury items but I took quarantine / "new normality" as a chance to save up a bit and rewear/rediscover what I already had in my wardrobe. She really has a shopping addiction and is clearly filling a void, because why would she buy multiple bags, luggage and heels when she is not going to wear any of it in the near future...? Quite sad really...

Reactions: 10
I was shocked to see how many designer purchases Emma has made during the last months considering we've all been quarantined and had nowhere to wear all that stuff. I myself enjoy treating myself with luxury items but I took quarantine / "new normality" as a chance to save up a bit and rewear/rediscover what I already had in my wardrobe. She really has a shopping addiction and is clearly filling a void, because why would she buy multiple bags, luggage and heels when she is not going to wear any of it in the near future...? Quite sad really...
Well, she had to get through her monthly Vestiaire vouchers. I hate to say this but Emma is just as bad as (it pains me to even utter the Essex name) Claire Chanelle w the “I picked up” aka I spent my voucher money on more items I don’t need and truly cannot afford. With Emma, look at Simon and how he dresses. That is their true budget. Emma is lux brand after lux brand due to her partnerships. If she actually had to spend her own money on these items, she would have one vs ten. Yawn.

• Heart
Well, she had to get through her monthly Vestiaire vouchers. I hate to say this but Emma is just as bad as (it pains me to even utter the Essex name) Claire Chanelle w the “I picked up” aka I spent my voucher money on more items I don’t need and truly cannot afford. With Emma, look at Simon and how he dresses. That is their true budget. Emma is lux brand after lux brand due to her partnerships. If she actually had to spend her own money on these items, she would have one vs ten. Yawn.
Simon does love his Burberry though 😉 His fashion sense makes my skin crawl 😬

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.