Emma Hill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In the comments on a grid post (of all old clothes) today she’s said they’re not doing any decorations this year as there doesn’t seem any point ‘because Christmas won’t be as it usually would’ - what? I mean each to their own, it’s just the way it’s worded is so odd!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
In the comments on a grid post (of all old clothes) today she’s said they’re not doing any decorations this year as there doesn’t seem any point ‘because Christmas won’t be as it usually would’ - what? I mean each to their own, it’s just the way it’s worded is so odd!
Wish she would cheer up!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Surely its even more of a reason to decorate

Reactions: 11
God she’s depressing 😢

Surely Christmas is what you make it? I understand not everyone likes the Christmas period for their own reasons but she really needs to cheer up!!!!!! Doom and gloom in her grey, black and beige life 😔

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I get that not everyone wants to celebrate Christmas, and that's totally ok. But this is someone who only 2 years ago was doing vlogmas, ooh-ing and aah-ing over a Christmas tree, going ice skating, and all that typical holiday cheer stuff. What happened to you, Emma? She could just be very guarded about her personal life now, but I really wonder how happy she is. Poor Simon, living with her must feel like a prison.

I honestly believe she’s not putting up Christmas decorations because it won’t fit in with her new aesthetic. Boring, dull and plain.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
How did I miss that her latest vid came out 3 days ago??

She’s so sustainable even her bland content is being recycled. Same tips, same pushing of Pinterest, same basicness.

• Haha
How did I miss that her latest vid came out 3 days ago??

She’s so sustainable even her bland content is being recycled. Same tips, same pushing of Pinterest, same basicness.

I took a lot from that video..... mainly that I need to spend at least an hour a day looking at pinterest for my "mood board".....

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I'm not sure who finds Emma relatable anymore. 30-somethings with expendable cash who don't have kids, social lives, or real jobs? Who can devote an hour a day to curating their Pinterest mood boards and rehaul their wardrobe every season? Come to think of it, that perfectly describes other influencers and not much else.

Reactions: 13
I'm not sure who finds Emma relatable anymore. 30-somethings with expendable cash who don't have kids, social lives, or real jobs? Who can devote an hour a day to curating their Pinterest mood boards and rehaul their wardrobe every season? Come to think of it, that perfectly describes other influencers and not much else.
Uh no. There's plenty of us who are late 30s, early 40s who don't have and don't want children but are in a long term relationship. The difference is we actually do something with our lives instead of sitting on social media all day. Id like to see influencers like Emma sharing other aspects of their personality (if they have them?) instead of sharing hauls and telling us to look at Pinterest for hours. I like fashion but I don't spend my life curating my capsule wardrobe.

Reactions: 4
Uh no. There's plenty of us who are late 30s, early 40s who don't have and don't want children but are in a long term relationship. The difference is we actually do something with our lives instead of sitting on social media all day. Id like to see influencers like Emma sharing other aspects of their personality (if they have them?) instead of sharing hauls and telling us to look at Pinterest for hours. I like fashion but I don't spend my life curating my capsule wardrobe.
Apologies if my post sounded offensive; truly didn't mean it that way, as I'm in the same demographic. The key difference, like you mentioned, is that we have jobs, friends, and rich inner lives that don't revolve around wardrobe hauls and how to deck ourselves in cashmere and vintage designer handbags. Emma used to give us a glimpse of her personality and life, but she's decided to shut that part down, so all we get is bland, repetitive content.

Reactions: 9
She literally has never had anything exciting going on in her life. Even before COVID. You could count on one hand how many friends have featured in her vlogs over the years. I’m always weary of people who hardly have any friends. Used to absolutely love her but after seeing the way she replies to nice comments from her followers, I think she thinks she better than everyone else.

Reactions: 7
I mean, "exciting" and "interesting" is subjective, but to be fair, she and Simon have gone on several trips abroad, which they documented for their viewers. She ran the London Marathon (even though she hid the truth about her training the whole time leading up to it), and I didn't even mind some of the mundane, day-to-day stuff, as it kept her relatable. Even though she only had one friend, she didn't seem like the completely boring recluse she is now.

I know we can’t shop atm but if I was spending the amount she does on bags and shoes I’d want the whole experience of going into the shop! Even before lockdown she said she prefers online shopping I know some of her bag purchases are second hand but not everything designer she has is.
I used to think good on her for not attending all the blogger events and not being the type to do the same campaigns as everyone else...standard jo Malone or some designer mascara that they were all sent on same day and I still do, but now she’s just turned into someone that thinks they are just to cool for everything when it seems her reality is quite the opposite. There’s nothing cool about sitting miserable in your house with all your designer purchases never only going out to take a couple of photos, she’s even to cool for Xmas decorations now 😆😆😆

Reactions: 6
I know we can’t shop atm but if I was spending the amount she does on bags and shoes I’d want the whole experience of going into the shop! Even before lockdown she said she prefers online shopping I know some of her bag purchases are second hand but not everything designer she has is.
I used to think good on her for not attending all the blogger events and not being the type to do the same campaigns as everyone else...standard jo Malone or some designer mascara that they were all sent on same day and I still do, but now she’s just turned into someone that thinks they are just to cool for everything when it seems her reality is quite the opposite. There’s nothing cool about sitting miserable in your house with all your designer purchases never only going out to take a couple of photos, she’s even to cool for Xmas decorations now 😆😆😆
Regarding not attending events I think its because she suffers from social anxiety. Its probably why she prefers online shopping too

Reactions: 4
Regarding not attending events I think its because she suffers from social anxiety. Its probably why she prefers online shopping too
That explains a lot I didn’t relaise she had actually said that! I will still be un following her now though as she has become just one of those faceless Instagram accounts that have the same outfit on repeat

Reactions: 3
Agreed, I think she takes herself way too seriously.
She genuinely seemed to enjoy Christmas and fun and being happy in the past, it would be really sad if she thinks she has to give that all up because she's now a BB wannabe.

Reactions: 9
I mean, "exciting" and "interesting" is subjective, but to be fair, she and Simon have gone on several trips abroad, which they documented for their viewers. She ran the London Marathon (even though she hid the truth about her training the whole time leading up to it), and I didn't even mind some of the mundane, day-to-day stuff, as it kept her relatable. Even though she only had one friend, she didn't seem like the completely boring recluse she is now.
What's the tea on the marathon training!?!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.