Emma Hill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her depop is https://www.depop.com/emmahillblog/

My first thought was: Nah, if she's strapped for cash, selling her tit isn't going to make a big difference. But wow, I added up all the items she recently posted for sale and it comes to over £13,500! I still think she's mostly getting rid of things b/c she's running out of space, but putting 13k back in her pocket is nothing to sniff at.
She should be giving that money to charity.
Especially if some of the items are gifted. After last year, for the marathon asking us all to donate but never did any training??? It’s like she wants the easy way out of everything.

Reactions: 8
I hope she purchased these items otherwise that would be infuriating. I cannot even imagine having £13k worth in my wardrobe let alone not liking it and getting rid of the stuff. Pure privilege.
The Dune boots, Weejuns, Sezane bag, the Tods loafers, the Paige boots, the Chloe Nile, the Arket loafers AT LEAST were all gifted. I think the Sezane tote was too. Pretty sure the Everlane items might’ve been as well.

Reactions: 4
Vile behaviour if she isn’t donating the money to charity for the gifted items she’s sold.

Not surprising though, I’m sure she’s been called out before for selling gifted items? I could be wrong but I’m sure she mentioned it in an old vlog, it was gifted make up/beauty stuff she’d sold on maybe?

Reactions: 6
The Dune boots, Weejuns, Sezane bag, the Tods loafers, the Paige boots, the Chloe Nile, the Arket loafers AT LEAST were all gifted. I think the Sezane tote was too. Pretty sure the Everlane items might’ve been as well.
I also came here to say that the Chloe Nile, which she sold for £300, was definitely a gift. She did say something in the past about selling gifted beauty/makeup but I can't remember if she said the money went to charity or not. Now, what she does with her money is her business, but if she has to write "AD" in her posts and videos that feature a gifted item, she really ought to call it out when she sells that item.

As a tangent, I think a common refrain from bloggers (small-time bloggers, I should add. Emma doesn't fall into this category) is that gifts are sometimes their only form of payment from brands they work with, so they should be allowed to re-sell said gifts for a profit. But last time I checked, a handbag won't pay rent or put food on the table. Brands need to actually pay content creators and content creators should in turn demand payment rather than freebies for their work.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
She’s doing a Depop sale. Looks like some of the stuff for sale was gifted - the Sezane bag and Dune boots. The Sezane bag was in a post only like 2 or 3 weeks ago.
So many things were gifted or she had a gift voucher for... to add to your list- the tod's loafers, leopard weejuns, chloe nile.. balenciaga bag...yellow shoes..pretty sure the Gucci Jordaans were also gifted..and that's only the stuff I can remember!
It annoys me that I know this!! 🤣But she definitely showed them in vlogs, and I only remember because I have some of the same things.
I know she has to make a living but I've lost absolutely all respect for her. She's actually become really unlikeable.

I also came here to say that the Chloe Nile, which she sold for £300, was definitely a gift. She did say something in the past about selling gifted beauty/makeup but I can't remember if she said the money went to charity or not. Now, what she does with her money is her business, but if she has to write "AD" in her posts and videos that feature a gifted item, she really ought to call it out when she sells that item.
Sorry for the double post, I've just seen this! In the past when she's sold gifted make up/cosmetics, she has justified it by saying she "invests back in the brand" by using the money to buy more items from the brand. She got called out for selling a palette that had been gifted (I think it was Tom Ford).
This 🙄🙄🙄emoji must have been created expressly for terrible excuses like this!

For her own sake I hope she accurately declares all this in her tax returns.

Sorry for the double post, I've just seen this! In the past when she's sold gifted make up/cosmetics, she has justified it by saying she "invests back in the brand" by using the money to buy more items from the brand. She got called out for selling a palette that had been gifted (I think it was Tom Ford).
This 🙄🙄🙄emoji must have been created expressly for terrible excuses like this!

For her own sake I hope she accurately declares all this in her tax returns.
Right I thought that was her policy and I think it is BS. So instead of advertising the product they actually want you to advertise you are buying something else and trying to promote that instead? I wouldn't be surprised if companies were taking her off their PR lists bc she clearly doesn't understand the point of the PR list. If Tom Ford wanted you to talk about their eye brow pencils they'd have sent that instead

Why would anyone feel the need to watch this video? All you need to see is in the screenshot; the other 6 minutes is her swaying from side to side in her studio with a drab voiceover about investing in neutrals and her 3-color rule.
Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 8.54.52 AM.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I have completely forgotten about her for a while until I saw the thread name popping up lol! So irrelevant now this person.

They must be a bit strapped for cash if she’s selling all the gifted stuff! Surely brand PRs would know this and cross her off their lists!

Reactions: 7
They must be a bit strapped for cash if she’s selling all the gifted stuff! Surely brand PRs would know this and cross her off their lists!
I would hope so but Tamara and Frow are just as bad. How do they get away with it? Couldn't even have the decency to donate it to charity.

I doubt brands care what influencers do with their gifts after they've posted about it, or putting any stipulations in a contract about not re-selling them. Perhaps if it was a flashy, big-ticket item like a car or something, but Sezane doesn't give a tit if someone like Emma makes a couple bucks off a gifted handbag, especially when she's selling it well after that sponsored ad.

Reactions: 5
I doubt brands care what influencers do with their gifts after they've posted about it, or putting any stipulations in a contract about not re-selling them. Perhaps if it was a flashy, big-ticket item like a car or something, but Sezane doesn't give a tit if someone like Emma makes a couple bucks off a gifted handbag, especially when she's selling it well after that sponsored ad.
True - for them the gifted items are an expense they can write off - but it still seems a bit tacky.

This is rich coming from her! How many unnecessary new things has she bought in lockdown? Second hand or not, what's her justification?🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Also doubt she will shill Missoma anymore...all about greenwashing now, so no doubt she will jump on the mejuri bandwagon like all the other "conscious" influenzas.

A disclaimer that I have no idea what kind of company mejuri is, but I just can't unsee her blatant copying of others!!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.