Emma Drew #5 WLS, can’t eat a thing. Except cheese, beans and meat from a tin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Been for a 40 min walk 💪💪 She does realise that at that point in the day a lot of people have been up and about for hours, some to work, some have got the kids up and off to school and then gone on to work! I walk a 40 minute walk just getting to the train station and then from the train station through town to work. She’s so bleeping useless. Don’t give me “40 minute walk 💪💪”.

It would be slightly better if she had an iota of self awareness and was like “yeh I know it’s not great but small steps I’m getting there”, instead we get 💪💪

Now she’s going to inhale a pancake and sack the rest of the day off and she genuinely thinks this is an inspirational aspirational life?!

Reactions: 9
To be fair to Emma, getting out of bed and no napping within 2 hours is 💪! She has no idea of the real world, she's eaten a pancake and done a 40 min walk by 11am 🤣

What would she ever do if she had to get a job?!

I hope she's hasn't changed her mind about IVF, she would not cope with night feeds and someone needing her attention all the time!

Reactions: 8
Sorry yes but what is the inflammation called? is it grastitis? My husband had 2 rounds of IV antibiotics to try and settle it but developed stones seemingly not long after which were taken out as an emergency.
Pancreatitis - horrible thing, it’s so painful!
I’ve had them for years (can’t have the op yet) but eventually they’ll have to come out, wondered if her GB was slightly swollen during surgery. Either way hope it’s nothing too sinister 🙃

Although I think her food choices have been stupid post op, and she seems to be making her own rules, and her attitude is questionable etc I think it’s good she’s walking everyday.

She reminds me of myself when depression is spiralling really bad and you can barely face doing anything. I wonder if mental health is or has been an issue which is why food and exercise has been neglected for so long. Simply if you don’t love yourself you’re not going to take care of yourself, I think that’s quite sad really.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
She has eaten bloody loads today! I haven't even stopped for breakfast yet and it's 2pm lol!

Reactions: 5
So she’s still not got her head around the restricted diet... just goes to show she wasn’t in the least bit prepared for this surgery, physically or mentally. Wonder who’s fault it’ll be when she lands herself back in hospital.

rice, chicken and coleslaw, is that really the best choice?? I know she said she didn't eat much but coleslaw with all that rich mayo surely can't be on her diet sheet!

Reactions: 6
rice, chicken and coleslaw, is that really the best choice?? I know she said she didn't eat much but coleslaw with all that rich mayo surely can't be on her diet sheet!
Seemed like she ate loads of chicken?

Pancakes too before eating that.

Reactions: 5
I’m surprised she can tolerate coleslaw at this stage- the issue being that cabbage is difficult to digest, especially in a healing stomach and the richness of the mayo might cause dumping or the foamies.

It’s more a case of things to avoid- empty calories like sugar, carbs, alcohol, very high fat food.

Slider foods- those which are very quickly digested. Junk food- pizzas, burgers, hot dogs etc. They’re usually of questionable nutritional benefit.

Pancakes, cookies & tacos? ....err nah! She’s eating like every day is a treat day.

The first 12 months are the best chance at breaking those old habits and achieving the highest losses possible before the honeymoon period is over. After that, the weight gets harder to lose as the stomach/sleeve settles wider.

I am mortified (but not shocked) over Emma's choices of food for today. :cry:

Old habits will never be broken. :oops:

Only she will learn when she is in pain or on the loo all the time. :sick:

Oh and Emma, don't moan about us gossiping when you parade your unhealthy habits around for all to see. 👍

Reactions: 14
She’ll be the first to moan when she doesn’t lose weight but she’s eating utter crap. I am gobsmacked by what she’s eating and her portions!

Reactions: 7
If she can't find the motivation now after chucking all that money at this she never will.
I know I keep saying it but I just can't believe Emma made a convincing case for surgery.

I know it's subjective with mental health but if I'm feeling low the last thing I do is parade my duck ups on Instagram to thousands. I would be having a crisis in private right now but Emma doesn't think she is failing because she's a princess/100k a year guru, and knows best.

The NHS would never have operated on her. Shes clearly shown no attempt at chaninging her eating habits . The NHS make you go through counselling and show you can lose weight before they operate. Obviously when choosing her surgeon she went for the one that doesnt care if your foing to stick to it.

That dress! Cath Kidston does beautiful clothes and she picks the sort of dress my 3 year old niece would wear to nursery.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.