Emma Drew #4 New house, same manky bed. Unpack the boxes? Nah, I’ll still nap instead!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There is just no way she has had surgery.
She is up and enthusiastic and if she had an opportunity to lay in her pit all day after an op and milk it I just can't believe she wouldn't take it!

Reactions: 10
There is just no way she has had surgery.
She is up and enthusiastic and if she had an opportunity to lay in her pit all day after an op and milk it I just can't believe she wouldn't take it!
She’s got a bruised hand and mark that looks like she’s had a Canula in. And also a huge plaster on top of her arm. I’m sure she’ll share when she’s ready

She’s got a bruised hand and mark that looks like she’s had a Canula in. And also a huge plaster on top of her arm. I’m sure she’ll share when she’s ready

She has invited me to talk about it and guess by keep mentioning her 'big news' and flowers and her big secret. So if she didn't want people to speculate I'm sure she would have waited until she was ready to share...

Reactions: 4
I think those patches are pain relief patches. I’d imagine whatever it is was relatively minor given that she’s up about and was in a day. I hope she’s well either way the nosy witch in me can’t help but wonder what it was for

Reactions: 5
She has invited me to talk about it and guess by keep mentioning her 'big news' and flowers and her big secret. So if she didn't want people to speculate I'm sure she would have waited until she was ready to share...
Wasn’t telling you to not discuss it?? Was just saying I’m sure we’ll all find out at some point

Reactions: 1
Why would you admit Mcdonald Tony was naked in the mirror. The last image I need on a Friday - just retake the picture?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
OK I feel I need to apologise. I was so angry about the post that alleged Emma posted to a closed insta group that she had a gastric bypass on Sunday that I went a bit OTT. BUT let us consider real life experience. I had a private gastric bypass actually now 11 years ago. As yet I have spoken to many who have had that procedure in the last 10 years. No one has ever not had to do the liver shrinking milk or controlled calorie diet for at least 14 days prior to op even 25 whose surgery was in the last 8 weeks. Nothing changed there then. BUT Emma's posts in the last month have not shown she has been doing that. Maybe she sought to hide it. Will we ever know and more important when her "maybe" vlog comes out will she say she deceived us and why.

However I have been so upset by her that I have spoken over the last 2 days to 24 surgeons who carry out WLS - yep I can access because of my previous career and personal wls journey. None of them would entertain a patient who failed to adhere to the milk/controlled calorie diet. The period varies for example Luton and Dunstable can ask potential wls patients to do this diet for 3-6 months some like Shaw Summers ask for 14 days but charge a scale for surgery dependent on your actual weight. Believe me it matters it can cost you big time. Plus all of them were whoa no to gifting a procedure to any one, well they thought never, they all emphasised there are stringent rules around that for medical folks. BUT all of them said that you had to be aware that there are firms that see a profit opportunity and will just write off any problems.

If she did get it gifted then I'm all over it. If she paid herself then well done Emma but its not the easy way out and on your own postings I honestly doubt you will be successful but hope you may. Go ahead and prove me wrong and I will be delighted but listen up there are no bloody nope days in long term WLS management. Yes be off the case now and again but your op isn't a golden bullet you need to learn new eating skills your bypass has a sell by date. It helps for a while but over time unless you stick to plan it can stretch and you can eat more. Plus and why do we hear so little about this your bypass means you need to take supplements for ever. There are so many likely problems that can occur and yes some can and sadly do die. I have known folks who did all of this. Hopefully if you have had this done you have actually done all the research as believe me there are no affiliate links for this. You have significantly altered your body and to reap the benefits there are rules and they need to be adhered to. I have seen patients who had it done, did duck all to follow the rules and oh yes massive weight loss then gain. We had one patient had it done at 54 stones at vast expense to the NHS then 2 years later moved areas to our practice just to try to get the surgery again as in 20 months they had lost 30 stones and then gained 37 stones. True story. Bugger their luck that one of the partners had been down the WLS track.

I'm going to dip out of this now. WLS is not an easy option and it boils me up that folks think it is. If she has had it done in whatever circumstances I hope she does well. If she has had it gifted then no I don't wish her or the company well. Let us leave it there.

Last edited:
OK I feel I need to apologise. I was so angry about the post that alleged Emma posted to a closed insta group that she had a gastric bypass on Sunday that I went a bit OTT. BUT let us consider real life experience. I had a private gastric bypass actually now 11 years ago. As yet I have spoken to many who have had that procedure in the last 10 years. No one has ever not had to do the liver shrinking milk or controlled calorie diet for at least 14 days prior to op even 25 whose surgery was in the last 8 weeks. Nothing changed there then. BUT Emma's posts in the last month have not shown she has been doing that. Maybe she sought to hide it. Will we ever know and more important when her "maybe" vlog comes out will she say she deceived us and why.

However I have been so upset by her that I have spoken over the last 2 days to 24 surgeons who carry out WLS - yep I can access because of my previous career and personal wls journey. None of them would entertain a patient who failed to adhere to the milk/controlled calorie diet. The period varies for example Luton and Dunstable can ask potential wls patients to do this diet for 3-6 months some like Shaw Summers ask for 14 days but charge a scale for surgery dependent on your actual weight. Believe me it matters it can cost you big time. Plus all of them were whoa no to gifting a procedure to any one, well they thought never, they all emphasised there are stringent rules around that for medical folks. BUT all of them said that you had to be aware that there are firms that see a profit opportunity and will just write off any problems.

If she did get it gifted then I'm all over it. If she paid herself then well done Emma but its not the easy way out and on your own postings I honestly doubt you will be successful but hope you may. Go ahead and prove me wrong and I will be delighted but listen up there are no bloody nope days in long term WLS management. Yes be off the case now and again but your op isn't a golden bullet you need to learn new eating skills your bypass has a sell by date. It helps for a while but over time unless you stick to plan it can stretch and you can eat more. Plus and why do we hear so little about this your bypass means you need to take supplements for ever. There are so many likely problems that can occur and yes some can die. I have known folks who did all of this. Hopefully if you have had this done you have actually done all the research as believe me there are no affiliate links for this. You have significantly altered your body and to reap the benefits there are rules and they need to be adhered to. I have seen patients who had it done, did duck all to follow the rules and oh yes massive weight loss then gain. We had one patient had it done at 54 stones at vast expense to the NHS then 2 years later moved areas to our practice just to try to get the surgery again as in 20 months they had lost 30 stones and then gained 37 stones. True story. Bugger their luck that one of the partners had been down the WLS track.

I'm going to dip out of this now. WLS is not an easy option and it boils me up that folks think it is. If she has had it done in whatever circumstances I hope she does well. If she has had it gifted then no I don't wish her or the company well. Let us leave it there.
Firstly we don’t know for a fact she’s even had it
Secondly we don’t know what her prep for it was and just because she posted she was in Nando’s or wherever doesn’t mean she was eating it.
Im no Emma fan but I think going out of your way to speak to 24 surgeons about it is a BIT OTT to be honest.

i doubt its been gifted, as I said above there are strict rules which is why the reality stars all go to the same place in turkey for enhancing surgery so they can promote them. iF she’s had WLS firstly, good on her, secondly I think it will be for a tv show following her progress or something along those lines if she has had it done.

either way I’m really not bothered as it doesn’t affect me

Well done on your weight loss by the way.

Reactions: 17
Firstly we don’t know for a fact she’s even had it
Secondly we don’t know what her prep for it was and just because she posted she was in Nando’s or wherever doesn’t mean she was eating it.
Im no Emma fan but I think going out of your way to speak to 24 surgeons about it is a BIT OTT to be honest.

i doubt its been gifted, as I said above there are strict rules which is why the reality stars all go to the same place in turkey for enhancing surgery so they can promote them. iF she’s had WLS firstly, good on her, secondly I think it will be for a tv show following her progress or something along those lines if she has had it done.

either way I’m really not bothered as it doesn’t affect me

Well done on your weight loss by the way.
No you are quite right we don't know and I said that and agree with you. I am sorry that you felt my research was OTT. It wasn't just to post that fact on here I actually wanted to ensure that i didn't come on here and post a response that I hadn't substantially researched. I do however need to clarify that in no way did I go out of my way to speak to 24 surgeons that bit was very easy given my NHS role prior to retirement and my involvement with the WLS community. I just sent an email out asking for feedback, 24 replied. I do truly care about WLS and how it is seen. I hold my hands up every time that i have had wls. I say immediately in any post that I have had it done, paid for it myself and why and yes I hope I make it plain what a failure I was in managing my weight - 35 stones+ is a disgrace for anyone. I suppose my history could be seen as a success but I don't think so. I0 years pff nothing.

As you say if she has had it done in one way good for her but she has previously slammed anyone who suggested it as an option for her. Like you I doubt it has been gifted but she is such a tightwad you wonder. As you say it doesn't affect you and I'm glad for you. However it does me and so many others. We will see what comes out and how the long term plays out. It will be interesting as any TV programme will probably see long term as a year maybe 2. At 11 years out and aged 66 my long term will not be as long term as many but for me 11 years is not long term at all. Rather it is life long, a total struggle to maintain each and every day. Will 30+ Emma be ready for that if she has had it done? Well you hope so. Nope days, lazy arse attitude well we will see.

From your post I see I may not have come over very well and I apologise.

No you are quite right we don't know and I said that and agree with you. I am sorry that you felt my research was OTT. It wasn't just to post that fact on here I actually wanted to ensure that i didn't come on here and post a response that I hadn't substantially researched. I do however need to clarify that in no way did I go out of my way to speak to 24 surgeons that bit was very easy given my NHS role prior to retirement and my involvement with the WLS community. I just sent an email out asking for feedback, 24 replied. I do truly care about WLS and how it is seen. I hold my hands up every time that i have had wls. I say immediately in any post that I have had it done, paid for it myself and why and yes I hope I make it plain what a failure I was in managing my weight - 35 stones+ is a disgrace for anyone. I suppose my history could be seen as a success but I don't think so. I0 years pff nothing.

As you say if she has had it done in one way good for her but she has previously slammed anyone who suggested it as an option for her. Like you I doubt it has been gifted but she is such a tightwad you wonder. As you say it doesn't affect you and I'm glad for you. However it does me and so many others. We will see what comes out and how the long term plays out. It will be interesting as any TV programme will probably see long term as a year maybe 2. At 11 years out and aged 66 my long term will not be as long term as many but for me 11 years is not long term at all. Rather it is life long, a total struggle to maintain each and every day. Will 30+ Emma be ready for that if she has had it done? Well you hope so. Nope days, lazy arse attitude well we will see.

From your post I see I may not have come over very well and I apologise.
No need to apologise, likewise if I came across snappy it doesn’t translate well online sometimes . Just don’t like people getting upset and we don’t really know the ins and outs of it all yet :)
As I said well done to you for keeping your weight off that’s a brilliant achievement with or without WLS

Reactions: 5
Snow White make up brushes?! How old is she?!!

And also what is the point of telling us about stuff in a sale that is probably now over and we won't be able to buy the stuff?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She looks so old. At least a decade older than she is. She has childlike obsessions with Disney, cats, pusheen, notebooks, etc. She seems to endlessly buy tat and then spend her life ‘decluttering’.

I also find the idea of breaking up gift sets and then making hampers rather odd. I think I’d be a bit insulted receiving one. ‘Thanks for all the random bits you didn’t want?!’ Especially coming from someone who is apparently earning six figures.

I’m not entirely convinced she’s had any surgery yet, maybe it wasn’t weight loss surgery after all. I really wish her luck but I don’t think she has the tools to succeed yet. If she has had WLS, I hope she has a whole team of people helping her to learn about nutrition and everything she’ll have to do for the future. I can’t imagine having weight loss surgery and then going out and buying Nando’s and TGI branded products a few days later. She’s never once shown any real dedication to changing her habits.

Last edited:
She looks so old. At least a decade older than she is. She has childlike obsessions with Disney, cats, pusheen, notebooks, etc. She seems to endlessly buy tat and then spend her life ‘decluttering’.

I also find the idea of breaking up gift sets and then making hampers rather odd. I think I’d be a bit insulted receiving one. ‘Thanks for all the random bits you didn’t want?!’ Especially coming from someone who is apparently earning six figures.

I’m not entirely convinced she’s had any surgery yet, maybe it wasn’t weight loss surgery after all. I really wish her luck but I don’t think she has the tools to succeed yet. If she has had WLS, I hope she has a whole team of people helping her to learn about nutrition and everything she’ll have to do for the future. I can’t imagine having weight loss surgery and then going out and buying Nando’s and TGI branded products a few days later.
I said she looked in her forties, I was shocked to find out she was thirty!
Their obsessional behaviour is akin to some kind of autistic spectrum disorder (definitely in Tony's case, I can tell that from the video's I've seen him in)
Six months' time it'll all be in a decluttering post.

I’m not entirely convinced she’s had any surgery yet, maybe it wasn’t weight loss surgery after all. I really wish her luck but I don’t think she has the tools to succeed yet. If she has had WLS, I hope she has a whole team of people helping her to learn about nutrition and everything she’ll have to do for the future. I can’t imagine having weight loss surgery and then going out and buying Nando’s and TGI branded products a few days later. She’s never once shown any real dedication to changing her habits.
How old is she?

I think a lot will probably end up on Ebay. She looked quite hyper in the video. She must have drawers full of make up brushes and bath salts, not to mention to do lists, candles and bags. What ever she had done, she seems happier.

Emma, my full time office job, I currently have 57 emails at 4pm. I then get home at 6 and do my other full time job and have 76 emails to get through over the weekend (this was at 5 last night). Bore off with your ‘I’ve done 20 email bullshit’

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.