Emma Drew #4 New house, same manky bed. Unpack the boxes? Nah, I’ll still nap instead!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She has not had any major WLS as 4-7 days later she is saying she is off out (doable but I felt like shite for a week or more) and mentions lunch out. Well unless she is just having thin soup she won't be eating out anywhere. Maybe jello. I think I started purees at week 3 so liquid until then - that was with a bypass. Think gastric band is the same and gastric sleeve too. So back to gastric balloon insertion where you can move from liquids to food as you feel able (had to look that up). Of course if you are like my friend she had a cheese burger from McDonalds when she landed at the freaking airport, had it done abroad, no surprise that was a major stomach ache for her she thought she was going to die, and no wls success story for her.

Reactions: 2
She has not had any major WLS as 4-7 days later she is saying she is off out (doable but I felt like shite for a week or more) and mentions lunch out. Well unless she is just having thin soup she won't be eating out anywhere. Maybe jello. I think I started purees at week 3 so liquid until then - that was with a bypass. Think gastric band is the same and gastric sleeve too. So back to gastric balloon insertion where you can move from liquids to food as you feel able (had to look that up). Of course if you are like my friend she had a cheese burger from McDonalds when she landed at the freaking airport, had it done abroad, no surprise that was a major stomach ache for her she thought she was going to die, and no wls success story for her.
She might have made the decision to have it and possibly started having tests beforehand but no I don't think she has had it done yet.

If she has; then she is lazier than I thought. On SW, people her size lose like 7-14lbs a week and they eat food. She doesn’t understand nutrition or food so how is surgery going to help her in the long run. I wish her well with it but it seems a cop out
It just seems like a typical lazy Emma solution. Why would she invest time and effort into learning about food and changing her lifestyle if she can go and have a surgery. I guess, if she thinks it’s a quick fix that will allow her to continue the way she has so far she will be grossly disappointed (and I guess putting her health on the line)

Reactions: 3
It just seems like a typical lazy Emma solution. Why would she invest time and effort into learning about food and changing her lifestyle if she can go and have a surgery. I guess, if she thinks it’s a quick fix that will allow her to continue the way she has so far she will be grossly disappointed (and I guess putting her health on the line)
I agree Emma may have made the decision (if she has indeed made that decision we don't know) but WLS is not a quick fix and you will never succeed, as in keeping it off, if you are not going to work at it damn hard and that means learning about food and changing her lifestyle. 10 years on I can testify to that. I could always diet and loose loads but I didn't learn the lessons so back it all went and more. What did it for me? It was purely and simply money. I was offered an NHS procedure for both WLS and skin removal. I refused both as I knew that I had to be accountable to me no-one else and I knew that I would never ever waste the very very large amount of money I was going to spend and that would be it for me. Plus I know how to work hard at projects not take a bloody nap every five minutes or have nope days. This has been a major project well thought out and implemented with a rod of iron. Emma never does that for anything. That damn wall wouldn't have lasted 10 minutes in our home even though we may have had someone in to paint it if we were both busy but that is what 6 figure incomes are for.

Reactions: 2
I’d look forward to seeing Tony lose weight as Emma has had a bypass. He’s ABSOLUTELY piled the weight on since marrying her, hopefully for him he’ll be able to get some weight off.

Reactions: 6
She's been posting about it on instagram to a 'closed' list of people. No idea how I made it onto that list. I do not know her personally in any way whatsoever.
Do you interact with her on there at all? Maybe you slipped through the net and she doesn't realise you're there 😉

I knew it! I wonder if all those takeaways she had last month were her saying goodbye to all her favourite foods. The shift in mindset she is going to need is going to be massive - good luck to her, I hope she is a success story.

Reactions: 1
She's been posting about it on instagram to a 'closed' list of people. No idea how I made it onto that list. I do not know her personally in any way whatsoever.
Sounds a bit Coleen Rooney this, very odd

Reactions: 5
Sounds a bit Coleen Rooney this, very odd
its not really - you can just set close friends and choose to only share more private stuff with that group - or share normal stuff like her blog with everyone ... saves her having a business and personal account I guess .... good chance she'll be able to work out the above person though if she's not set many people as 'close'

anyway, if true all the best to her she's obviously taking steps to improve herself

its not really - you can just set close friends and choose to only share more private stuff with that group - or share normal stuff like her blog with everyone ... saves her having a business and personal account I guess .... good chance she'll be able to work out the above person though if she's not set many people as 'close'

anyway, if true all the best to her she's obviously taking steps to improve herself
I think the odd part is the poster isnt close to emma at all and doesn't seem to know her so its either an error on emmas part which seems odd when its such a personal thing shes obviously keeping quiet that she wouldn't double check the group was tight, hence us making the wagatha christie joke ;)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.