Emma Drew #4 New house, same manky bed. Unpack the boxes? Nah, I’ll still nap instead!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was off the assumption her take home was 6 figure after everything was done and paid. I’ve clearly taken that wrong then.
It’s a very common marketing ploy. Million pound business etc.... makes it sound much better and is technically true

Reactions: 5
Bir behind today, but she didn’t take advantage of the charity shop. They have as much access to eBay as she does and could have looked it up too. They got the item for free and have reduced overheads. HOWEVER, Emma has been know to passively aggressively for after people reselling on person what accounts... exactly what she plans to to do. That’s not on!

Reactions: 8
Bir behind today, but she didn’t take advantage of the charity shop. They have as much access to eBay as she does and could have looked it up too. They got the item for free and have reduced overheads. HOWEVER, Emma has been know to passively aggressively for after people reselling on person what accounts... exactly what she plans to to do. That’s not on!
She was absolutely vile to someone on insta about a year or so ago for reselling on a personal account. I can't remember her name for the life of me ... think it was Amy (?) Along those lines anyway. She actually left IG some time after Princess Emma of Hypocritus' epic rant.

Reactions: 4
I help in a charity shop. We would never sell something as a designer garment unless we had some proof it was genuine. We don't want to upset trading standards. Similarly with our E bay shop. Some one complained about a fake designer handbag we sold and we were given a warning by Ebay. If other people want to take the risk fair enough. I think if someone gives the charity the price they want they can do what they like with it.
I don't think Emma would know what her profit is for last year if she has unpaid invoices and still has to do her vat returns.
I feel cold a lot due to an underactive thyroid. If you are reading this Emma it might be worth getting it checked. It can also make you very sluggish. I enjoyed the blogging story, something she is good at and passionate about.

Reactions: 4
I was off the assumption her take home was 6 figure after everything was done and paid. I’ve clearly taken that wrong then.
Emma always refers to it as a six figure blog - no mention of what the 6 figures were. However I suspect she is well aware that people who have no/little understanding of accounts/business will think it is her income and be more ready to buy into her blog. She also has other income that doesn't come under the Drew Media umbrella like freelancing so that will be in addition.I don't know what deposit they had but those figures from Drew Media alone would not appear able to totally support a mortgage of a size you could think she required.

Plus whatever she says she has continued to resell for part of 2019 on her personal account and no it has not been just personal items - nope Emma you never had a size 6 Ted Baker dress. Buying to sell on is a business in both ebay and the Tax Man's eyes. She hasn't defrauded the charity shop as someone else said the charity may have decided not to have an ebay presence - many don't while others just accept items and don't want to spend the time doing research - its often a waste of time. In my retirement I sell as a small business on ebay and every shop in my previous home town knew that as its obvious if you spend maybe £50+ a week in there for say all sizes of shoes/clothes and I just fronted up with what I do. I will dothe same here when I start again in April. Some (1) had a problem so never went in there again, others had no concerns and some kept me things eg among other things I sell hats - charity shops hate hats they don't move quick, store well and need display items so they were very glad to get rid of them at a fair return. BUT you must declare your income, do a tax return and pay tax as required.

Reactions: 2
Emma always refers to it as a six figure blog - no mention of what the 6 figures were. However I suspect she is well aware that people who have no/little understanding of accounts/business will think it is her income and be more ready to buy into her blog. She also has other income that doesn't come under the Drew Media umbrella like freelancing so that will be in addition.I don't know what deposit they had but those figures from Drew Media alone would not appear able to totally support a mortgage of a size you could think she required.

Plus whatever she says she has continued to resell for part of 2019 on her personal account and no it has not been just personal items - nope Emma you never had a size 6 Ted Baker dress. Buying to sell on is a business in both ebay and the Tax Man's eyes. She hasn't defrauded the charity shop as someone else said the charity may have decided not to have an ebay presence - many don't while others just accept items and don't want to spend the time doing research - its often a waste of time. In my retirement I sell as a small business on ebay and every shop in my previous home town knew that as its obvious if you spend maybe £50+ a week in there for say all sizes of shoes/clothes and I just fronted up with what I do. I will dothe same here when I start again in April. Some (1) had a problem so never went in there again, others had no concerns and some kept me things eg among other things I sell hats - charity shops hate hats they don't move quick, store well and need display items so they were very glad to get rid of them at a fair return. BUT you must declare your income, do a tax return and pay tax as required.
She did sell her previous house which I imagine had equity as they bought it a few years back, probably where most of the deposit came from.

Glad you went for a walk when your having a bad mental health day, Emma.
This is exactly what I do whenever I’m having a bad day.
Its hard But you have to push through.

Reactions: 7
She was absolutely vile to someone on insta about a year or so ago for reselling on a personal account. I can't remember her name for the life of me ... think it was Amy (?) Along those lines anyway. She actually left IG some time after Princess Emma of Hypocritus' epic rant.

Are you talking about amymoneysaver? She had a reseller account I followed on my personal Insta and she just disappeared. I loved watching stories of what she'd found in charity shops, she found some great stuff! Her account was one of my favourites and much more interesting than boring old Emma Drew and her tedious to do lists!

Reactions: 1
Oh Emma...
7CA69824-66E3-4BB1-9E99-B55FECCC7F36.png
55829F54-AD1E-4E5B-8D00-8E9D08D41239.png

Proof she has purposely bought an item to resell on a personal account. Tut tut 🤣

Reactions: 3
Are you talking about amymoneysaver? She had a reseller account I followed on my personal Insta and she just disappeared. I loved watching stories of what she'd found in charity shops, she found some great stuff! Her account was one of my favourites and much more interesting than boring old Emma Drew and her tedious to do lists!
Yes! She was a teacher and her fella was loaded. She was lovely but Emma was vile. Never mentioning her name but you knew that it was aimed at her. She changed her account to a business one shortly after and was stung with the fees and whatnot and vanished shortly after. I really enjoyed her feed and thought that she was a really nice person

How can ‘Take IG photo’ make it on to a to do list?! 🙄

And take advantage of a charity shop like this??
I don't agree with what Emma does all of the time, don't even get me started on falling for her 20 cogs thing but this list... It does seem silly but I do the same.

I suffer with my MH & have health issues. It makes it difficult to separate things in my brain as in my brain it all mixes up and then I get stressed, to see it written down in black and white I can do.

However how she calls that 'work' is beyond me!

She clearly reads on here going for a walk, opening her curtains, having a wash, eating healthy and drinking water. Stuff I’ve not seen her do so I’m glad she’s taking things on board and sees that actually we do want her to help herself and be the best she can be!

I think she should push herself to a no takeaway January!! Veg on over half her plate every night I bet we would see a totally different Emma by the end of the month. On the days where she chooses a nope day push yourself to make dinner your top priority on your list.

I’ve said it before you give out what you get. If you whinge about every inconvenience your life will be miserable if you try to look at things positively your life will be more successful. Also success is not measured on earnings but how happy and meaningful your life is.

Reactions: 3
Yes! She was a teacher and her fella was loaded. She was lovely but Emma was vile. Never mentioning her name but you knew that it was aimed at her. She changed her account to a business one shortly after and was stung with the fees and whatnot and vanished shortly after. I really enjoyed her feed and thought that she was a really nice person
That definitely sounds like the lady I was to talking about because I thought she was a teacher too. I think she was based around Devon/Cornwall. I didn't know Emma had done that to her, such a shame as she had a nice account. I think I'm going to unfollow Emma. Her posts are tedious and childlike and I don't relate to the content she posts at all. Hope Amy reads this and starts her account up again

That definitely sounds like the lady I was to talking about because I thought she was a teacher too. I think she was based around Devon/Cornwall. I didn't know Emma had done that to her, such a shame as she had a nice account. I think I'm going to unfollow Emma. Her posts are tedious and childlike and I don't relate to the content she posts at all. Hope Amy reads this and starts her account up again
That's her! She also hinted at a few troubles at work as well. We are both work in the same field you see so I had a great deal of sympathy for her. Emma never mentioned her name but it was obvious that she was gunning for her.

I unfollowed her a long time ago but I can't resist the odd sneaky peek.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.