Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FavouriteChild

VIP Member
Personally I think WLS is barbaric and can't understand why she'd voluntarily remove part of her digestive system. But her continued obsession with food suggests that it's just not going to work for her.
I do Slimming World and there are some girls I follow on Instagram and YouTube that either were or are the same size as Emma. One is Debbie's World and the other is Kate SW . They are perfect examples of how if you haven't dealt with you emotional attachment to food you gain it again. Debbie is 16st down and keeping it off . Kate who is constantly struggling with her "relationship with food" lost 13st and then gained half of it back on last year from binge eating. Difference with Kate to Emma is that although it's bad for her health Kate hasn't had WLS so isn't at risk of doing all the additional damage Emma is.

Reactions: 1

EyeSpy88

VIP Member
Asked not to focus on Emma's WLS and others posted they didn't want to read essays so just reading now so as to do what I was asked
no one can tell you what you can/can’t post apart from mods on here if they choose to remove! Post what you wish and if people don’t want to read it they can easily scroll on!

Bleachscale

There is a fantastic book called, How we eat now by Bee Wilson.

It is a great read, it’s easy to read but covers so many issues that the modern world has with food.
If you are even a tiny bit interesting in food It is a must read.
Thanks, definitely am 😀

CactusCat

Thoughts on the pink chair she has purchased? I have tried those types of chairs instore before, they aren't very sturdy if they are the cheap ones.
I like it ha ha. If its only for her dressing table she won't be in it long anyway I guess if it's not too sturdy.

SunshineSally

Chatty Member
Are you talking about amymoneysaver? She had a reseller account I followed on my personal Insta and she just disappeared. I loved watching stories of what she'd found in charity shops, she found some great stuff! Her account was one of my favourites and much more interesting than boring old Emma Drew and her tedious to do lists!
Yes! She was a teacher and her fella was loaded. She was lovely but Emma was vile. Never mentioning her name but you knew that it was aimed at her. She changed her account to a business one shortly after and was stung with the fees and whatnot and vanished shortly after. I really enjoyed her feed and thought that she was a really nice person

MarthaJay

Chatty Member
I have to say I'm another one who find's some of Martha's interactions a bit.....intense, especially just after the WLS became official news and we were all just in here to make "omg, wtf" posts and she was reaching out to various real life surgeons etc to discuss Emma.

Not saying "don't contribute", but the "chill out" was definitely warranted. It takes the fun away being lectured, we all have the means to properly research it if we want to.
Got it this time no more lectures or anything at all

• Sad

Anotherct

VIP Member
Do you think she’s reading here. Her latest story suggests she might!
if so I’m making a direct appeal to you to sort your life out. Get your health and happiness sorted and please stop being whingey, immature and childish. You are over 30 now Emma but we feel like you sometimes forget the last digit. Only you can make a change and we are trying to help.
Yeah she does because as soon as one of her insta mates (living thrifty) or whatever is mentioned, she obviously tells them because they post status’ about being mentioned

Anotherct

VIP Member
Don't get your hopes up! I don't think she knows how to write her own content, when she does it's utter shite. Plus I doubt she'd have affiliate links to a private doctor so why would she bother
And I don’t really see WLS as content for the average person like me. Weight loss on SW/MFP/ calorie counting yes, but not surgery. Do we think she’s been approached for surgery and is only doing it for a blog content?

Youtubegossip

VIP Member
haha no, Emma thought this too and not gonna lie I thought she was a numpty for thinking it 😂🙈 of course it doesn’t mean not spending ANY money, just means no extras. So food, bills and petrol are exempt as they’re necessities but no take out, eating out, clothes etc.
Haha sorry! I’ve honestly never even heard of it before. Apologies for being dumb 😂

I imagined people stockpiling for a year. Fair play to anyone that can do that, that’s a hard challenge. I enjoy going out for a glass of wine or dinner too much to even consider it

MarthaJay

Chatty Member
To be taking things back to your colleagues and peers in the WLS community, backing up facts etc, you have lots of relevant experience and perhaps Emma would have benefitted from reaching out to people with experience like yours but she didn’t... just don’t stress yourself out over her situation or people on here making comments out what Emma says about her situation. It’s not that serious!
No I agree not for her but others read this and it may be for them but I take your point. I keep trying to dip out but I care. However will try harder to leave it be.

LS932

try to stop thinking of food as being good or bad - food has no moral value, and eating something delicious doesn’t make you naughty at all
I know this, I was just trying to explain a point that you don’t have to feel like you’re being denied certain things.

Laur91

VIP Member
But weight loss surgery only works if you’re willing to work for it. Her eating habits are disgusting and no amount of surgery will help with that if she doesn’t change . She hasn’t even tried to lose weight for longer than a week. She should join SW and it’ll drop off her all whilst eating healthy too
Agree with all of the above but this is a Emma so that’s why I think it’s weight loss surgery for the exact reasons you’ve mentioned - she’s too lazy to do SW or the like. In her mind it will be a quick fix!

Anotherct

VIP Member
She has the same car as me and NOTHING from ikea fits in it. We went to ikea (We live 30 mins away) and still had to get them to deliver everything we bought 😂 it’s £39 if you’re in the catchment area, I can’t imagine they will be if it’s that much of a drive

Anotherct

VIP Member
I've struggled with emotional eating, I was eating so much until recently, I'd eat breakfast, snack all day at work and have a full meal for lunch, then snack before dinner, have dinner, then sit and eat until I went to bed, and it was all chocolate and sweets and ice cream 😫. I wasn't massive by any means, only about 13 stone probably (I don't own scales though). I recently left my now ex-fiancee and it's just suddenly stopped, I've had a tub of ben and Jerry's in the freezer for over a week and it's still half full (!!!). I hadn't realised how miserable and lonely I was with him and I was just using food as a coping mechanism, now he's gone I don't feel the need in the slightest to sit there and scoff an entire bar of Cadburys to make me feel less crappy. I still need to work on my food choices but never realised the impact my shitty relationship had on it.

Not saying you should all go and leave your partners 😂😂 but just advice to look at the bigger picture. I never even made the connection that I was eating out of loneliness and being unhappy in my relationship 😬.
Haha I know what you mean. I left ex’s and the emotional eating stopped but recently we’ve been thrown a lot of shit news (family health etc so it’s been triggered again) but for some reason I joined SW online and feel at peace with food. Maybe it’s because I know I’m on some sort of healthy eating diet thing but I don’t have to contend with the pretentious nobs at a group or a leader that’s 10 stone bigger than me. I like SW, I don’t like the idiots that go to group and follow it though, it’s like a weird social cult for women who don’t work 😂