Emilywalters_journal #9 Buying £20 brownies like she’s minted yet sells second hand babygrows on Vinted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why does she not realise this stuff she keeps going to get and then claiming money back from that app is only a bargain if you actually need the stuff you’re buying? Not to mention the fact you’re using more petrol with all these unnecessary trips 🤷🏻‍♀️
This is always my thought - it’s only a bargain if it’s something you NEED otherwise it’s a pointless waste of money!!

Reactions: 15
Hoping she bought some more sleepsuits or some vests as Asda currently have spend £20, get 30% off in their baby event.

That could equal 9 sleepsuits for Amelia for (just over) the price of 6!

But then she'd have no excuse to put her in too small ones or only change her once every 48 hours then. 🤔
Hubby still gets his 10% off on top of that too!

This is always my thought - it’s only a bargain if it’s something you NEED otherwise it’s a pointless waste of money!!
This is what I said when she drove to M&S just for the free £5 biscuit pig thing.
Probably cost her more in fuel.

Reactions: 11
The amount of food they must waste, just because it's "free" or 50% off is ridiculous.

There again, from those videos yesterday, maybe it's not wasted.

Reactions: 5
View attachment 999494
I am genuinely embarrassed for her the way she’s going on about earning pennies. What normal hard working human being has time to spend completing survey’s for actual pennies? I’m sure she thinks she’s being relatable but she’s not at all.
I do - not that anyone particularly knows about it as I don’t have any social media followers to earn from.
I’m single mum & I work full time and my divorce has left me with a lot of debt. So I find time each day to do some surveys and earn a few extra pounds a day. Last year, amongst other things, the money I “earnt” on survey sites, along with my Tesco points, paid for a weekend at Alton Towers which cost me absolutely nothing.

I have no shame in doing it as it’s helping me give my kids things I wouldn’t otherwise be able to afford. Likewise secondhand clothe & sports gear because kids grow super quick and there’s some amazing bargains to be found.

I’m not trying to defend Emily here as I agree she’s a beggy b and only out for herself. Seeing her with that trolley full of food last week just proves that. She claims to be broke but could afford to go and spend all that money to wait for the cash back - I couldn’t even afford to go out and buy any of that last week.
Also she was one of the ones trying to profit from the Freetrade app and now they’ve completely changed the rules which is unfair on those that were able to share it previously before all these “influencers” took advantage.

There are 100’s of people in the debt free community on IG, with very little following, sharing this kind of info, for very little gain, because they understand how hard it is when you are truly broke and drowning in debt. Then along come the likes of Emily & Yasmine Camilla or whatever she’s called who share it
View attachment 999494
I am genuinely embarrassed for her the way she’s going on about earning pennies. What normal hard working human being has time to spend completing survey’s for actual pennies? I’m sure she thinks she’s being relatable but she’s not at all.

I do. Single mum with a full time job and a lot of debt after my divorce. It’s actually amazing how quickly they add up. Along with my Tesco reward points the money I “earnt” paid for a weekend away at Alton Towers last year amongst other things.
I’m not trying to defend Emily here, just pointing out that for those of us who are genuinely broke & struggling these survey sites are a bit of a lifeline in helping me give my kids things I can’t ordinarily afford just now. I have zero social life so I just sit and do them while I’m watching tv in the evening.

What is really frustrating is seeing the likes of Emily & Yasmine Camilla (I think that’s her name anyway) sharing this info and gaining so much personally from it because of their large followings.
If they genuinely wanted to help they’d be sharing all the other ways that you can save money or earn gift vouchers. And how to cut food bills etc - combined with her meal planning from her SW days Emily has the potential for some great money saving meals content but she only ever shares stuff that she can gain from personally without putting any effort in.
There are hundreds of people in the debt free community on IG, with very little following, sharing info about Shopmium & survey sites etc as they genuinely want to share a lifeline for those of us on the bones or our arse. Then these “influencers” come along and share with their thousands of followers, without declaring how much they gain financially from it, and as was seen with Freetrade when they all did it the rules get changed and those of us who weren’t taking advantage are penalised.
No doubt after Emily showing how she bagged a whole trolley of food for free last week Shopmium will be changing their rules next & Go Henry, who were offering a great £20 incentive if you opened an account for your child, which made for a great Christmas present for each of mine last Christmas will be stopping that now since some “influencers” have shared that they’ve made up children in order to take advantage and open multiple accounts 🙄 (actually surprised Emily hasn’t cottoned on to this one yet imagine all the boxes or Brownies she could be buying)

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
She cracks me up. Admitted she's only been out to get those things specifically this morning, no covid about today. Also found lovely baby clothes but didn't buy those. Hand to mouth 😑

Still in same twating baby gro
And she's trying to say it still fits, her poor feet look really tight in it.

Also I want to say, I don't think any of us have issues with people doing surveys or that shopping thing, it's more it's just an obvious way for her to make money off it. I do believe they likely struggle for money, she's barely doing ads compared to what she used to do, not getting much for free and she's losing followers. It's more she's doing all this stuff to make money rather than content. Like, what she's just got, show it being used, what else is she putting with the food to make a cheap healthy meal. No, just going to throw up a million links so she makes some cash.

Reactions: 12
Emily is definitely the type to have a shared Facebook with her hubby. Emsanddave Walters. Very surprised she hasn't already.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I do. Single mum with a full time job and a lot of debt after my divorce. It’s actually amazing how quickly they add up. Along with my Tesco reward points the money I “earnt” paid for a weekend away at Alton Towers last year amongst other things.
I’m not trying to defend Emily here, just pointing out that for those of us who are genuinely broke & struggling these survey sites are a bit of a lifeline in helping me give my kids things I can’t ordinarily afford just now. I have zero social life so I just sit and do them while I’m watching tv in the evening.

What is really frustrating is seeing the likes of Emily & Yasmine Camilla (I think that’s her name anyway) sharing this info and gaining so much personally from it because of their large followings.
If they genuinely wanted to help they’d be sharing all the other ways that you can save money or earn gift vouchers. And how to cut food bills etc - combined with her meal planning from her SW days Emily has the potential for some great money saving meals content but she only ever shares stuff that she can gain from personally without putting any effort in.
There are hundreds of people in the debt free community on IG, with very little following, sharing info about Shopmium & survey sites etc as they genuinely want to share a lifeline for those of us on the bones or our arse. Then these “influencers” come along and share with their thousands of followers, without declaring how much they gain financially from it, and as was seen with Freetrade when they all did it the rules get changed and those of us who weren’t taking advantage are penalised.
No doubt after Emily showing how she bagged a whole trolley of food for free last week Shopmium will be changing their rules next & Go Henry, who were offering a great £20 incentive if you opened an account for your child, which made for a great Christmas present for each of mine last Christmas will be stopping that now since some “influencers” have shared that they’ve made up children in order to take advantage and open multiple accounts 🙄 (actually surprised Emily hasn’t cottoned on to this one yet imagine all the boxes or Brownies she could be buying)
I could have written this entire comment.

Thrifty_clair is a Shopmium ambassador and she used to get everyone to comment on her grid posts with their referral and every week she'd share one in her stories so other people would benefit from her following, which I thought was a really kind and easy way to pay it forward.

Emily will be on GoHenry next, I guarantee it, and I bet she won't be telling them how much of a pain it is to cancel! (source: I signed up in November for my actual child)

Reactions: 9
And she's trying to say it still fits, her poor feet look really tight in it.

Also I want to say, I don't think any of us have issues with people doing surveys or that shopping thing, it's more it's just an obvious way for her to make money off it. I do believe they likely struggle for money, she's barely doing ads compared to what she used to do, not getting much for free and she's losing followers. It's more she's doing all this stuff to make money rather than content. Like, what she's just got, show it being used, what else is she putting with the food to make a cheap healthy meal. No, just going to throw up a million links so she makes some cash.
I know and I do believe the comments on here are aimed at the way she's trying to make money off her followers by doing ads little as possible rather than aimed at people in general.

I agree about the content too. if they're struggling as much as she implies they are she could be doing so much more. Like with the Tefal ad, she could have used it as an opportunity to cross post and create a budget meal to share with her followers.
Actually rather than give her content ideas I should pull my finger out and post on my own IG page

Reactions: 7
Her latest stories are just a bit weird, to me. Showing Amelia sat up on her knee for the first time ever!

But also, facing her away from her at a closed door(?) while talking to her in the dark, with her phone on the floor to record. You'd at least turn her round so she could see your face and interact?!

Reactions: 10
Her latest stories are just a bit weird, to me. Showing Amelia sat up on her knee for the first time ever!

But also, facing her away from her at a closed door(?) while talking to her in the dark, with her phone on the floor to record. You'd at least turn her round so she could see your face and interact?!
It's all for our benefit. Like the ones of her in the cot kicking her legs 🙄 and all the stories about the baby grows

It's for tattle.
Because all she does it read here.
Also the reason she's reposted what she gets from people using her referral code as it was said on here that she neglected to tell people she'd get 10% of what they make 😂

Reactions: 6
If Amelia wants to know what's behind the door then put her on the floor and let her explore! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Someone who is on the bare bones of their arse does not:
A) spend 1.30 on a loaf of bread when you can buy two loaves of cheaper for that price.
B) use half a loaf to make 3 slices of toast, when you can just scrape off the burnt. Especially with it being thick bread.

When Ella can't have any bread now we'll know why.

Reactions: 17
She definitely took bread out the packet to make it seem like she used half a loaf, did she duck burn it that many times 🤣

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.