Emily Norris #3 A laundry shoot? Just chuck it down the stairs love!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is deffo a helicopter parent! Atleast her kids are getting life experience already, they're paying for their own family home as employees of Emily Norris. I don't think she does attachment parenting, I think she's just clingy and needy towards her children. I think she's the new version of tiger parent... Not push for academic success but for Instagramable success.

Reactions: 9
I can’t believe how rude she was about un schooling, basically talking about how bad it is that children can’t read ect. It’s not even about that, it’s about not forcing them to learn to read and allowing them to learn in their own time and through doing things they enjoy. She claims she does research on children’s learning and development, but yet she has no clue at all, she’s so ignorant.

Reactions: 7
See I don't buy that she is this OTT attached mum who suffers separation anxiety etc. Surely the thing that would drive that is fear and paranoia. If that is the case, why does she expose them and have people critique their behaviour, watch them bathe, get into bed, show their underwear drawers, their bedrooms, their breakfast etc. She knows what sickos are out there first hand. Why does she endanger them by making them into minor celebs and having her address easy to find and that big open field at the back. (It isn't a scenic countryside like she is trying to portray). Surely if her boys came first she would remove them from the internet! I am not a helicopter mum but no way would I expose my children like she has. It makes me shiver to think of doing that and knowing its my children that pay the bills. I mean, no good mum would do what she does. It would just be a flat out no. She is a narcissist and fame hungry and them boys are just used to create an image so she can make lots of money in the profession that she got a degree in. Its all a scam. Money first. Money second. Money third.

Reactions: 11
See I don't buy that she is this OTT attached mum who suffers separation anxiety etc. Surely the thing that would drive that is fear and paranoia. If that is the case, why does she expose them and have people critique their behaviour, watch them bathe, get into bed, show their underwear drawers, their bedrooms, their breakfast etc. She knows what sickos are out there first hand. Why does she endanger them by making them into minor celebs and having her address easy to find and that big open field at the back. (It isn't a scenic countryside like she is trying to portray). Surely if her boys came first she would remove them from the internet! I am not a helicopter mum but no way would I expose my children like she has. It makes me shiver to think of doing that and knowing its my children that pay the bills. I mean, no good mum would do what she does. It would just be a flat out no. She is a narcissist and fame hungry and them boys are just used to create an image so she can make lots of money in the profession that she got a degree in. Its all a scam. Money first. Money second. Money third.
Spot on. It freaks me out on her behalf how exposed these kids are. I wouldn’t be able to sleep at night.

Reactions: 5
I sit there sometimes and think to myself, would I have liked growing up having my every move from conception to teenage years and beyond on the internet, even if it meant I got some nice holidays, gifts and a big house from it? The answer is no, no I wouldn’t, I’ve always been very private, even as a child and I’d be gutted to grow up and realise that so many strangers had watched me online, I wouldn’t feel comfortable in my own skin. I also think it would make me paranoid and I’d be worried about stalkers. What if someone tried to start a relationship with me because they had stalked me online from being young?

also like you say, there’s a whole issue here around the information that people can find out, their address, their school, their likes and dislikes, their hobbies. There’s just no way I could feel comfortable with that. Even a lot of celebs who are in the limelight themselves, don’t allow their children to be or they hire body guards in some cases...

Reactions: 9
I can’t believe how rude she was about un schooling, basically talking about how bad it is that children can’t read ect. It’s not even about that, it’s about not forcing them to learn to read and allowing them to learn in their own time and through doing things they enjoy. She claims she does research on children’s learning and development, but yet she has no clue at all, she’s so ignorant.
I took HUGE offence when she said unschooling. My ears pinged up like a dog 🤣

I unschool my children, they can all read, they can all write but most importantly I am proving them the best childhood they could possibly ask for.
It’s not a case of sitting then in front of a tv all day. Oh wow, I have really taken a dislike to her now.

Reactions: 6

I unschool my children, they can all read, they can all write but most importantly I am proving them the best childhood they could possibly ask for.
It’s not a case of sitting then in front of a tv all day. Oh wow, I have really taken a dislike to her now.
She was being so rude! There’s absolutely nothing wrong with un schooling and she shouldn’t pass judgment. Personally I think it’s a fabulous choice to make as a parent and I wholly support anyone who does it. School isn’t the be all and end all and if she thinks it is then that just shows how uneducated and ignorant she is herself.

Reactions: 3
She was being so rude! There’s absolutely nothing wrong with un schooling and she shouldn’t pass judgment. Personally I think it’s a fabulous choice to make as a parent and I wholly support anyone who does it. School isn’t the be all and end all and if she thinks it is then that just shows how uneducated and ignorant she is herself.
I have to admit the schooling system currently is awful. My son had months of anxiety trying to earn reader of the week, excelling in subjects with no recognition. Earning a pen license(?!)
The list goes on... I deregistered him, deschooled & tried to get him into a routine. Just couldn’t it reminded him too much of school.
Took him to the GP as I was concerned. He wouldn’t talk to her. Wouldn’t look at her, he was not sleeping, not eating & she referred him to CAHMS.
A year later, she couldn’t believe it. He changed into a completely different lad. Outgoing, sleeping much better, has found himself again. Whether Emily wants to believe unschooling is awful or lazy, it saved my son.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

She's a stuck up judgemental cow who clearly looks down her nose at others, she just tries to hide it. I'd love to know what her real opinions are when the camera isn't rolling

Sorry if this offends you Norris, but I can put my hands up high & say quite proudly my children are not spoilt little brats. If that’s your type of parenting, letting them getting away with everything, throwing balls to glass, back chatting, not letting you in a conservatory for you to just laugh, I pity you.

Then she’s got her begging bowl out for people to subscribe. I would sooner put conditioner in my eyes.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I sit there sometimes and think to myself, would I have liked growing up having my every move from conception to teenage years and beyond on the internet, even if it meant I got some nice holidays, gifts and a big house from it? The answer is no, no I wouldn’t, I’ve always been very private, even as a child and I’d be gutted to grow up and realise that so many strangers had watched me online, I wouldn’t feel comfortable in my own skin. I also think it would make me paranoid and I’d be worried about stalkers. What if someone tried to start a relationship with me because they had stalked me online from being young?

also like you say, there’s a whole issue here around the information that people can find out, their address, their school, their likes and dislikes, their hobbies. There’s just no way I could feel comfortable with that. Even a lot of celebs who are in the limelight themselves, don’t allow their children to be or they hire body guards in some cases...
Me too! It will be interesting in a few years to hear of kids of mum floggers in the future. I can gurantee that Emily doesn't sit there allll day playing lego/games with her tilted head and vacant smile with Jackson and her other kids. I can imagine that she plays for about 2 mins, gets the shot for insta or YouTube and then goes and sits back on her phone. How messed up will these kids be knowing that your parents used you for money and it was mostly lies. Told to lie about loving the taste of sugar free cereal or baked pea crisps etc and then not even getting paid properly for it! Every toy that they played with was used to make money. I hope they get sued so badly!! Best not spend all the money on an interior designer and house reno Scamily, save a lot for your solicitor when your kids are older and no a few thousand won't cut it. 25% each of all earnings is what they will be after. Its only fair. Bye house!

Reactions: 4
I have to admit the schooling system currently is awful. My son had months of anxiety trying to earn reader of the week, excelling in subjects with no recognition. Earning a pen license(?!)
The list goes on... I deregistered him, deschooled & tried to get him into a routine. Just couldn’t it reminded him too much of school.
Took him to the GP as I was concerned. He wouldn’t talk to her. Wouldn’t look at her, he was not sleeping, not eating & she referred him to CAHMS.
A year later, she couldn’t believe it. He changed into a completely different lad. Outgoing, sleeping much better, has found himself again. Whether Emily wants to believe unschooling is awful or lazy, it saved my son.
Yes, there’s so much of the schooling system that I don’t agree with. I used to work in schools and I have a degree in that sector and it was so eye opening. The year two sats for example, I have seen some schools do it well and not put pressure on the child, but then I’ve seen others reduce 6/7 year olds to tears because they feel like a failure, all for a box ticking exercise. That should be scrapped. I remember myself being reduced to tears because I was struggling with joined up writing (I have dyspraxia, but I was diagnosed as an adult), the amount of pressure placed upon me just to write in a certain way was disgusting.
Im so glad your son is happy now and is doing well, Emily is just an ignorant old goat.

• Sad
Yes, there’s so much of the schooling system that I don’t agree with. I used to work in schools and I have a degree in that sector and it was so eye opening. The year two sats for example, I have seen some schools do it well and not put pressure on the child, but then I’ve seen others reduce 6/7 year olds to tears because they feel like a failure, all for a box ticking exercise. That should be scrapped. I remember myself being reduced to tears because I was struggling with joined up writing (I have dyspraxia, but I was diagnosed as an adult), the amount of pressure placed upon me just to write in a certain way was disgusting.
Im so glad your son is happy now and is doing well, Emily is just an ignorant old goat.
yes the year 2 sats were awful. They said in the parent conference it wouldnt be pressured and they would make it so relaxed as if it wasn’t a test. But the work sheets you could see it was a test!

• Sad
Reactions: 1
yes the year 2 sats were awful. They said in the parent conference it wouldnt be pressured and they would make it so relaxed as if it wasn’t a test. But the work sheets you could see it was a test!
It really is, one school I worked in didn’t put too much focus on it, but obviously children aren’t daft and they knew what it was, but then another school I worked in was really pushing them (I have a feeling it was because they were rated as inadequate by ofsted), it was quite sad.

emily claims she isn’t a tiger mum, yet she favours school over any other type of learning and won’t even consider un schooling, oh and as someone else said, she also pushes them to be the perfect Instagram models.

It really is, one school I worked in didn’t put too much focus on it, but obviously children aren’t daft and they knew what it was, but then another school I worked in was really pushing them (I have a feeling it was because they were rated as inadequate by ofsted), it was quite sad.

emily claims she isn’t a tiger mum, yet she favours school over any other type of learning and won’t even consider un schooling, oh and as someone else said, she also pushes them to be the perfect Instagram models.
and funnily enough, her lockdown home schooling videos were alright. I mean, she didn’t fully concentrate on there learning escaping upstairs to erm.. work. The snack boxes were a good idea though.

has he always been this bratty or is it since Jackson came on the scene?
It was definitely after Jackson, her channel was blowing up because of how cute he was, he was bringing in the views and subscribers and I guess Ms Moneyface neglected Caleb. I remember one time Caleb walked in front of the camera and she pushed him out of the way saying “people want to see Jackson”

Guys, please don’t let Emily make you feel inadequate as a parent, whatever was said in that video I’m sure it’s not even worth watching. Emily knows she’s not a good mother and because she feels guilty she buys her boys excessive amounts of gifts to make up for her lack of love and quality time with them, how messed up must someone be to think money can buy love? She’s very insecure as a mum that’s why she’s obsessed with playing up this perfect mum image/mum hacks/parenting tips so people will comment “what an amazing mum” and then she’ll feel better about herself. We must be nailing it here plus with her thread getting busier her huge ego is bruised, she just needed another round of worshipping comments. Being a mother for what 10 years now(?) obviously hasn’t made her a better one, now that she’s rich all she does is buy ridiculously expensive things for them and giving them designer rooms, all physical stuff, still no proper love or emotional care or doing what’s best for them, she’ll still be a lousy mother after 20, 30 or 50 years. Anyone who can see through her bs (ie everyone here) is already a better parent than her. Period.

(On a side note, we are getting so close to the next thread, I cannot wait for the new title! #fhm-ily)

Last edited:
So judgemental coming from the woman who could have sent cake back to school in June when some year groups went back. but kept homing schooling so she could affiliate link and do loads of swipe ups for products she bought for homeschooling

So judgemental coming from the woman who could have sent cake back to school in June when some year groups went back. but kept homing schooling so she could affiliate link and do loads of swipe ups for products she bought for homeschooling
I thought it was really selfish of her keeping caleb off 'to play with Fraser'. Imagine Emily entertained Fraser like she claims to love doing. How about putting Caleb first. No wonder he is the way he is, classic middle child syndrome. I know it wasn't to do with coronavirus as a month later she holidayed with another family when we wasn't allowed. She made a fortune from home schooling. I could see the pound signs in her eyes as soon as it was announced.

Yes 100% Caleb that is why she won't say who it is. Imagine a 7 year old refusing to eat because it has pasta in it! Ooh please Emily.. share your wisdom and advice so my 7 year old can be a brat!
I thought it was less likely to be caleb, she usually has no trouble saying its him playing up. More likely to be the golden boy as she didn't name him! She wouldn't want to besmerch frasers good name 😂

That or they’re not logged in. She’s just desperate for the 1m subscribers. I hope and pray she never gets it!!!
Watched her video for a laugh because her talking about parenting always makes me laugh... anyway she said she was looking at the stats and apparently 55% of people that watch don’t subscribe, so 55% of people probably hate watch her then?🤣🤣

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.