Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Clarity456

VIP Member
Personally I find it more triggering when I see women being compared to other women in terms of size etc
That just came across to me like you were saying its more triggering the comparison because it's your opinion and kind of rubbishing the feelings that people have said emily evokes in them previously...

I think she’s a 5”2 or 3 from memory but body shapes can make two women of the same clothes size and height look completely different, there is so much variation! If you’re the size you fit into and feel comfortable in, wear it, don’t let Emily tell you indirectly what size you are.
Unfortunately, it's not that simple. Emily claims to be a size 12 which is what I am. When emily does underwear try on's her body looks significantly larger than I had believed mine to be. Part of me does think she squeezes herself into wrap dresses and things with elasticated waistbands but at the same time since I started watching her at the start of the year this has caused me to think as great as she looks, I'm now questioning myself, as I want to be slimmer than that. So I have been dieting the past month and will be hammering the gym when they re-open to try and maybe get down to an 8/10. I was happy-ish as a 12, but unfortunately Emily (and my own aparrently) current body is not my goal so if that's how I really look - which I'm still not sure of as potentially Emily is being optimistic given that she has quite comfortably fitted into UK size 15 jeans just last week -I do want to lose some weight. I don't really buy into the "different sizes look different on different people" opinion either. Like that surely defeats the purpose of sizes? You have to fit into some paramter or they wouldn't exist thats why in general, 12 - 29" waist, 10 - 28" waist, 8-26-27" waist and so on and so forth.

I'm not sure either why her doctor would tell her to lose weight. I've been weighed a few times by a doctor and been heavier than I should have been, but never been told to lose weight. Depends what she was at the doctor for but given the restrictions around even going to a GP surgery at the moment, I'm unsure.
She went for period pain...

If Emily wants to lose weight then of course that's her choice and she should do what's right for her. I don't think anyone here has body shamed her at all and I think we just want transparency. I've struggled with body dysmorphia my entire adult life and felt huge when I was a size 6 and now, at around a 12, I'm not even sure how I truly look given how many Instagrammers edit photos and nothing seems realistic. But when I see someone who is also a size 12 saying their doctor has told them to lose weight, it makes me think goodness, maybe I'm unhealthy, maybe I should be eating less. Its a bit of a slippery slope from there.
THISSSS!! A thousand times over!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3

Clarity456

VIP Member
hahahaha party drugs... ketamine, GHB, coke, pills.

not an actual crack head 😂😂😂😂🤣🤣 god this made me lol.
Sorry it's just when you said a "right druggy" I don't normally call weekend offenders druggies but that might just be me lol 😂

Was her boyfriend the same? He seems kinda sensible!

• Haha

Dont swipe up!

VIP Member
Yeah and her own brand is about being “mid size” yet she seems to be another sell out on insta to be skinny =popular .
Such a shame when they do this though
They make all the huns believe they look fine and that stretch marks and cellulite etc is all fine and your all beautiful as you are blah blah blah and then they go and lose the weight leaving the huns all mid size still whilst she is skinny and laps up all the comments about looking amazing

Tea10Sugar

ERM.... I'm a size 12 and wear a small at primark.... if it's an XL you wear I don't think the hashtag #size12style is quite accurate....
Agree. I used to be a size 16-18 and the XL knickers were really baggy around my erm important bits lol 🤣
so not sure how she is saying they fit her …..

• Heart

ann88

Chatty Member
I really think it would be easier if she just just shared her measurements (bust, waist, hips, height) and then she can say - when I order/buy from this brand I wear size blah

blossombloss

Chatty Member
Maybe she used to photoshop her face?
I was quite shocked when she put up that photo of her at the gym that she had photoshopped. Christ putting in all that work in the gym and still photoshopping, honestly feel so sorry for girls still doing that.

glamapuss

I Think she looks so much better with a dress at that length ! She looks nice . Still think she’s a twat tho lol
I agree, that length is much better on her. She looks good in that colour too.

I feel sits a more flattering length looks classier and complements the curve if you have some meat on you. Super short things unfortunately I don’t think look good on many people... those tacky short things she was wearing look awful and I think if you saw her on a night out wearing it she would be forever pulling it down.

Dollybird

VIP Member
I’ve followed this girl for a long time but recently unfollowed. I thought she was quite refreshing like a lot of people have said it in this thread but then it got stale. The main reason I unfollowed her is because of the whole “I’m 30/31” and making out she’s gone over the hill for being over 30. I’m sure your skin care doesn’t need to change drastically because on Monday you were 30 and on Thursday you are now 31. Just thought it was a bit of a wrong message to put out.
Totally agree ! Plus 31 isn’t old , she makes out it’s at least 90 lol

JDC

Has her accent always been like this?... when she says certain words like 'So' she pronounces it like 'Soy' 🥴 & she starts a sentence then sings the rest of it 🙉🙉🙉

ann88

Chatty Member
I like Emily and I follow her but I do agree she’s bigger than a 12. I’m similar height to her and a 10-12. It’s telling she isn’t trying on topshop size 12 jeans isn’t it.... I don’t really care what size she is but when you always wear stretchy clothes or you are sizing up if it has a zip and no stretch.... then you are maybe a bigger size than you think. Also no one wants to wear Spanx every day.. wtf! Who is is wearing Spanx to squeeze into boohoo loungewear🤣🤣
Exactly, she seems to be squeezing herself into size 12 but only with the help of shapewear!

I hope her new business is going to be successful and she won’t fall into the footsteps of Elle Darby etc with overpriced tat that’s poor quality..

Clarity456

VIP Member
I know of her, in the way of being in a previous social scene. She was a right druggy, she comes across really squeaky clean with her Instagram so I guess it’s kinda funny.

If I really could be bothered I’d try find photos, maybe another month in lockdown may take its tole on my boredom 😂😂 but she was super skinny, like collarbone sticking out and skinny arms skinny.
Jesus Christ! 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

When you say druggy do you mean party drugs like coke, speed, MDMA etc or do you mean really really sinister stuff, like crack and heroin? 😱

• Haha
Reactions: 2

blossombloss

Chatty Member
That just came across to me like you were saying its more triggering the comparison because it's your opinion and kind of rubbishing the feelings that people have said emily evokes in them previously...

Unfortunately, it's not that simple. Emily claims to be a size 12 which is what I am. When emily does underwear try on's her body looks significantly larger than I had believed mine to be. Part of me does think she squeezes herself into wrap dresses and things with elasticated waistbands but at the same time since I started watching her at the start of the year this has caused me to think as great as she looks, I want to be slimmer than that. So I have been dieting the past month and will be hammering the gym when they re-open to try and maybe get down to an 8/10. I was happy-ish as a 12, but unfortunately Emily (and my own aparrently) current body is not my goal so if that's how I really look, I do want to lose some weight. I don't really buy into the "different sizes look different on different people" opinion either. Like that surely defeats the purpose of sizes? You have to fit into some paramter or they wouldn't exist thats why in general, 12 - 29" waist, 10 - 28" waist, 8-26-27" waist and so on and so forth.
Different sizes do look different on different people, people will hold fat in other area, height, how much muscle you have. I don't mean to dissuade you from losing weight at all, but I do think it's why people shouldn't actually compare their body to anyone elses because someone could easily wear a 12 and look different to another person wearing a 12 because of many factors. Sizes are just general like you said, but they aren't an exact science and more than often based on a certain body type and the rest of the us just have to subscribe to it. Also sorry I keep editing, but BMI is still something docs use, even though it's been shown to be really unhelpful because it subscribes to a certain body type. It may exist, but that doesn't mean it's right.
I do think Emily squeezes herself into stuff, but also think she does fit some 12 stuff. Even though she's put on weight her belly has remained quite fflat so things would fit differently on her as it does to someone else who may gain weight elsewhere.

Also (and this isn't directed at you) but I think sometimes doctors can just be lil shits. She's free to report her experience of what her doctors said to her, but just because you also happen to be the same clothes size as her, doesn't mean you need to lose weight. Idk why her doctor told her that, but if it makes other people question whether they should lose weight think about how shocking that must have been for her. It's the doctor setting the slippery slope not her, but also just remember that was her doctor to HER. I don't think she's trying to make anyone feel bad, probably just felt shit that the doc told her that. And if there's one thing influencers love, it's good old attention that says "nooooooooooo, you are perfect" :) :) :)

Last edited:

glamapuss

She will need to be careful because if she stops showing high street brands on her try ons then she will lose some of her market
i am surprised nobody has done a collaboration with her... I think that would work much better as her styling is good as she deffo has a good eye for pairing items.

But her own designing and making stuff...nahhh must be from China or something or stuff you can get off the market in bulk 🤷🏼‍♀️

GossipHun

I think Emily comes across as really genuine tbf. I'm a 14/16 and struggle to find clothes that suit my shape... plus or curve ranges often start at an 18 and "normal" ranges dont cater for women with boobs/bums/hips etc because they're designed for smaller sizers.

blossombloss

Chatty Member
I think her fiancé and his mates are pretty hot to be fair 😅😂 Emily is a pretty girl though so I do think they’re well suited.
Haha fair, none of them are my type but when I saw her post that I had to go back and look at them again because I didn't even register them the first time!
I agree her and boyfriend are well suited, they do seem to have a lovely relationship too!

Clarity456

VIP Member
I had to laugh when she was saying today that her skins been so bad whilst putting her heliocare on with the dirtiest beauty blender I ever did see 🤣 no shit sherlock

• Haha

Clarity456

VIP Member
ERM... Why did she submerge a full bottle of body oil moisturiser in the bath? 🤔 am I missing something?