Emily English - emthenutritionist

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For I found this thread… I have been through a few phases with her. I’m back to following and I have to say I do find her sweet and compelling. I think she seems pretty genuine and has a sense of humour. Also…. I found her bf extremely weird, cringe and creepy at first but now I think he’s sweet! It seems to me he’s obsessed with her which I like. He looks like a wanker but then seems to be sweet and just really into her. I’m aware that it seems no one else agrees! 😂

Reactions: 1
Sure naturally she isn't brown skinned , the amount of time she was on the sun is so damaging for the skin !? ☹ how could someone who is translating healthy lifestyle and habits do not care about the sun overexposure . I don't get it
Looks like she’s wearing fake tan tbh. What a trashy outfit to wear to a wedding though…

Reactions: 10
She always looks sunburned , I use fake tan but it looks different to her skin.
It’s probably a mix of both so. Looks too perfect around the underarm area to be all natural. She’d look so much better if she embraced a more natural look

Reactions: 3
Looks like she’s wearing fake tan tbh. What a trashy outfit to wear to a wedding though…
And the way she's posing is all about her, she's almost on top of the bride covering her whole side. Total narcissist vibes.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Anyone else noticed there's been no sign of the boyfriend since it was mentioned on here that he gave Andrew Tate vibes? 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I followed originally because someone recommended her account and I thought the meal ideas seemed really nice and supposedly low calorie but I think she is being disingenuous about her portion sizes / calorie counts, has anyone else noticed this?

The halloumi hummus bowl shes just posted, she’s claiming it’s only 360kcal per bowl. But in the video she’s put 3 chunky slices of honey-fried halloumi, a good tablespoon of hummus and a load of avocado onto the bowl she’s eating from (all high calorie ingredients) amongst the salad. In the recipe in the caption she’s put 1 block of halloumi (doesn’t specify low fat) and says it makes 4 bowls (personally I definitely can’t get 12 slices from one block of halloumi…). I’m sure it’s possible for the recipe when divided by 4 to only be 360kcal but the portion would be absolutely tiny and the portion she is showing herself eating in the video is certainly much bigger and probably double that, so I’m not sure if she even eats this or just films for content and then eats a tiny bit.

Ive noticed this on a few recipes since following (she posted a “super low calorie” pasta tomato soup thing the other week and then her bowl had half a pack of tortellini in it…) and it’s getting on my nerves a bit!

I realise I probably sound like a myfitnesspal calorie counter obsessive but I’m actually not - as I said I wanted to follow her for healthy recipe ideas that are nutritious and reasonably low calorie without having to think about every last detail. I do wonder if there are people out there taking these recipes as 100% and then wondering why they don’t look as slim as her. Think it’s quite damaging ultimately and wish food and fitness influencers would be more honest about how they maintain their physiques.

Attachments

Reactions: 12
I followed originally because someone recommended her account and I thought the meal ideas seemed really nice and supposedly low calorie but I think she is being disingenuous about her portion sizes / calorie counts, has anyone else noticed this?

The halloumi hummus bowl shes just posted, she’s claiming it’s only 360kcal per bowl. But in the video she’s put 3 chunky slices of honey-fried halloumi, a good tablespoon of hummus and a load of avocado onto the bowl she’s eating from (all high calorie ingredients) amongst the salad. In the recipe in the caption she’s put 1 block of halloumi (doesn’t specify low fat) and says it makes 4 bowls (personally I definitely can’t get 12 slices from one block of halloumi…). I’m sure it’s possible for the recipe when divided by 4 to only be 360kcal but the portion would be absolutely tiny and the portion she is showing herself eating in the video is certainly much bigger and probably double that, so I’m not sure if she even eats this or just films for content and then eats a tiny bit.

Ive noticed this on a few recipes since following (she posted a “super low calorie” pasta tomato soup thing the other week and then her bowl had half a pack of tortellini in it…) and it’s getting on my nerves a bit!

I realise I probably sound like a myfitnesspal calorie counter obsessive but I’m actually not - as I said I wanted to follow her for healthy recipe ideas that are nutritious and reasonably low calorie without having to think about every last detail. I do wonder if there are people out there taking these recipes as 100% and then wondering why they don’t look as slim as her. Think it’s quite damaging ultimately and wish food and fitness influencers would be more honest about how they maintain their physiques.
I agree! I’ve been on a weight loss journey for a while now and her recipes didn’t work for me. The calories don’t add up unless your eating a small portion of the larger bowl she posts. It’s misleading

Reactions: 9
Yes her recipes are always made with plenty of olive oil,avocado,and other healthy fats which is great but not for every meal and if you want to loose weight . Plus all that milky matcha /coffee also got enough of calories ...
Maybe she only eats once a day and films 'what I eat in a day ' for the gram only because no chance she eats it all and stay lean .

Reactions: 2

That looks yum, but there's no way that bowl is 360 calories, she's flat out lying. That's terrible if her viewers have to double check her calorie counts because she's unreliable. She should post the correct, truthful count or don't post it at all.

Reactions: 5
She's started to not give quantities as well. A recent recipe just said 'feta cheese' rather than giving an exact amount so no idea how you could say the cals.

• Wow
Reactions: 8

That post is so strange. She has the calories for 1/4 the recipe but in the video she shows the portion with half the pack. She claims the entire recipe is 340kcal but 1/2 pack tortellini she used is 376 kcal alone without the other ingredients. It's so misleading.

And who would even eat 1/4 pack for lunch that's a toddler size portion!

Attachments

Reactions: 7
I think she is using TikTok to try and get people to jump on her recipes thinking they are low cal and thinking they won’t check. It’s sly

Reactions: 5
I like her recipes and have made some but they’re a right faff…agree it’s disingenuous not to post the correct calories, I’ve often looked at the recipes and thought ooh that’s good for 400 cals or whatever she claims it is but that explains it

Reactions: 6
I like her recipes and have made some but they’re a right faff…agree it’s disingenuous not to post the correct calories, I’ve often looked at the recipes and thought ooh that’s good for 400 cals or whatever she claims it is but that explains it
Yeah I often think the portions look tiny too, was one recipe where it serves 2, had decent cals but required 1 chicken breast… to serve 2 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Creepy boyfriend is back! I have unfollowed. Sick of the constant ads and hardly ever declared! She is always tagging brands and is never transparent.. the tiny ad at the beginning of her posts, never in her stories. I’m sure these restaurants she eats out in pay her. It’s so contrived. Like others say, I don’t believe her cal content either. What a shame, why do they all go this way!
Edited to add, I forgot the main reason! The eating/nodding dog combo 😩 my pet hate on Instagram, they look so stupid! I believe you loved your recipe, I don’t need to see you congratulating yourself on it.

Reactions: 11