Emily Clarkson (em_clarkson)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"but we still let them hurt us"

No Em, you can't relate, please stop pretending. You're engaged about to be married after being loved up since late teens. Putting a question box to get engagement in between #ad is so sneaky.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Omg....

The bleeping finger in the forehead - is just so cringe

Fwiw - I have NEVER needed male approval, or anyone else's for that matter. As for the scummy men in her stories.....either made up, or the women need to stop dating low value/scummy men.

And who on earth would take man/dating/relationship advice from a woman who is marrying a man who makes iceberg lettuce look interesting. Ffs

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Not an Emily Clarkson fan (I don’t dislike her or anything) but her content lately has been intriguing to me. Something doesn’t sit right that she decided to tack on the stories of abuse as a collective endnote. It feels a bit like they’re being swept under the rug.

Reactions: 7
So today’s content is Em being so QuIrKy and ReLaTAbLe again with her skirt, she’s just so random and funny!

the request for jewellery recommendations, what do we reckon? Is it;
1. An attempt to up engagement via responses
2. Hoping for freebies
3. Both

4AA2D55E-A632-4C83-96B6-A6BB1E892AA7.jpeg

Reactions: 3
So today’s content is Em being so QuIrKy and ReLaTAbLe again with her skirt, she’s just so random and funny!

the request for jewellery recommendations, what do we reckon? Is it;
1. An attempt to up engagement via responses
2. Hoping for freebies
3. Both

View attachment 1245010
Both - and then she will show a nose ring for £146478 and a 20% swipe up discount code for the sheep/fans

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’ve been following Emily for a few years but just found her insufferable lately so I’ve now unfollowed. It’s either constant adverts or her attacking people. Also imagine not buying the right size / not pulling them all the way up and bashing a business from it?

Just wanted to say, in terms of body positivity - Danae Mercer does it far better than Em/Alex
I agree to a point, but all Danae does is contort her body in weird ways and extremely over edit photos and call it content.

Attachments

Reactions: 6
I’ve been following Emily for a few years but just found her insufferable lately so I’ve now unfollowed. It’s either constant adverts or her attacking people. Also imagine not buying the right size / not pulling them all the way up and bashing a business from it?

I agree to a point, but all Danae does is contort her body in weird ways and extremely over edit photos and call it content.
I do like Danae, more so her reels and posts debunking how influencers pose to change their bodies. But in reality, she’s exactly the same as Emily in that she’s thin, white and privileged.

I do like Danae, more so her reels and posts debunking how influencers pose to change their bodies. But in reality, she’s exactly the same as Emily in that she’s thin, white and privileged.
slightly off topic but…

the world of influencing is dominated by privileged, (predominately white) wealthy people. For a myriad of reasons I suspect, but the fact the media is dominated by the same demographic is one factor. Societal snobbery is another. We prefer to listen to middle class people with home county accents as the standard for voices of authority and intelligence.

there are a few exceptions perhaps; the likes of Mrs Hinch. Mrs Hinch is from a fairly working class/lower middle class background. And she definitely has experience in body/weight issues. I’m not a fan by any stretch but she is a rarer example of someone who has become a successful influencer and has had a working class background. But the serious body positivity stuff etc. isn’t an issue she really (to my knowledge) has waded in to much or led from the front. She mostly sticks to her interiors and fairly superficial stuff. And my personal belief is that it’s because 1. She just doesn’t have the confidence to do it as someone who has genuinely struggled with it and 2. Her voice (and others like hers) are drowned out by the likes of Em, Alex, Danae. And perhaps 3. Are we, as a society - prepared to seriously listen to Mrs Hinch and others like her? Are we prepared to take regional accents seriously? Are we prepared to critically assess someone’s credentials as opposed to how well they present themselves? The ugly truth is I think as a whole - we aren’t. But maybe we should be.

The more confident, self assured, middle class who have grown up watching their peers receive accolades publicly and their voices being amplified in the way the working class/ethnic minorities haven’t, don’t struggle the same way and they benefit from the knowledge they’ll be taken seriously. Em can open her insta account and talk about serous issues because she comes from a privileged background and it’s always been that way for her.

which is just one reason why the likes of Em irritates me so much. She drowns out the voices of other people; people with lived experiences, people who are better informed, but less well connected. Less listened to. Less confident.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
slightly off topic but…

the world of influencing is dominated by privileged, (predominately white) wealthy people. For a myriad of reasons I suspect, but the fact the media is dominated by the same demographic is one factor. Societal snobbery is another. We prefer to listen to middle class people with home county accents as the standard for voices of authority and intelligence.

there are a few exceptions perhaps; the likes of Mrs Hinch. Mrs Hinch is from a fairly working class/lower middle class background. And she definitely has experience in body/weight issues. I’m not a fan by any stretch but she is a rarer example of someone who has become a successful influencer and has had a working class background. But the serious body positivity stuff etc. isn’t an issue she really (to my knowledge) has waded in to much or led from the front. She mostly sticks to her interiors and fairly superficial stuff. And my personal belief is that it’s because 1. She just doesn’t have the confidence to do it as someone who has genuinely struggled with it and 2. Her voice (and others like hers) are drowned out by the likes of Em, Alex, Danae. And perhaps 3. Are we, as a society - prepared to seriously listen to Mrs Hinch and others like her? Are we prepared to take regional accents seriously? Are we prepared to critically assess someone’s credentials as opposed to how well they present themselves? The ugly truth is I think as a whole - we aren’t. But maybe we should be.

The more confident, self assured, middle class who have grown up watching their peers receive accolades publicly and their voices being amplified in the way the working class/ethnic minorities haven’t, don’t struggle the same way and they benefit from the knowledge they’ll be taken seriously. Em can open her insta account and talk about serous issues because she comes from a privileged background and it’s always been that way for her.

which is just one reason why the likes of Em irritates me so much. She drowns out the voices of other people; people with lived experiences, people who are better informed, but less well connected. Less listened to. Less confident.
I couldn’t read and not reply to this…

Mrs Hinch doesn’t have the same privilege as Clarkson in terms of a famous dad, but she’s certainly not an accidental influencer. The whole thing was meticulously planned. She and her husband were both in sales, she tried a few different types of account at the start, and they actively approached Gleam. The person she shows on her insta is a character she plays.

Her body image issues are so sad, frankly it’s terrifying, and she’s an awful awful role model for young women. She edits her body, alters every single part of her, even when advertising make up and clothes. It’s dangerous and she’s never called out on it because she portrays this ‘accidentally famous, don’t know how it happened to little old me, still learning this world’ image.

Sorry to derail. But there aren’t over 500 Hinch threads for no reason.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Just the concept of being an influencer makes my skin crawl. It undermines mental health, fosters envy and feelings of inadequacy.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Mrs Hinch doesn’t have the same privilege as Clarkson in terms of a famous dad, but she’s certainly not an accidental influencer. The whole thing was meticulously planned. She and her husband were both in sales, she tried a few different types of account at the start, and they actively approached Gleam. The person she shows on her insta is a character she plays.

Her body image issues are so sad, frankly it’s terrifying, and she’s an awful awful role model for young women. She edits her body, alters every single part of her, even when advertising make up and clothes. It’s dangerous and she’s never called out on it because she portrays this ‘accidentally famous, don’t know how it happened to little old me, still learning this world’ image.

I was hoping someone would construct a good response!
100% this.

Hinch is one of the worst of the influences

slightly off topic but…

Hinch is an awful person. Her lies are appalling

• Heart
slightly off topic but…

It's your last paragraph that resonates with me and you said it perfectly. Its what irrates me the most about Em, she has led a very sheltered privileged life and to think she can speak on behalf of soo many when she hasn't actually experienced it for herself and lived through it really winds me up. She is definitely one of the shouty you will agree with me or I will come for you brigade and AlexLight has sadly joined her. They are both emotionally manipulative and their true agenda, imo, is to profit from the vulnerable that blindly follow them. Alex and her relentless plugging of her latest awful swimwear line that now features her besty is becoming increasingly tiresome day in day out!

• Heart

im not arguing the case for Hinch being an example of a “good” influencer, she’s just a example of a working class one, that’s all.

why are the vast majority of influencers in the U.K., white and middle class/upper middle class?

Reactions: 6
Even without going deep into the privilege and class issues, the reason she is so unlikeable is because she flits from one relevant topic to another thinking she has the absolute final word in deciding its right and wrongs.

As an influencer with no real background in ANY of these issues why is she so bold to assume her point of view is the right one? A lot of people have called her out on this and she shouts her argument again and then says if you don't like it you can unfollow.

I suppose her account doesn't really have a purpose if shes not shouting about current issues, but she could still discuss current issues without giving such a biased, strong and judgemental view of the situation and allow others the space to disagree and engage in debate.

It was definitely the covid vaccine issue that made me switch off, I'm very anti vaccine for myself (and I have big personal reasons for this involving a family death), I keep my views to myself and I would never judge anyone for having it, I understand its a very personal choice and I expect the same understanding in return. However she went on over weeks that anyone who hadn't had it was (and she used this word on several occasions) TWATS.

Same sort of thing the other day when she called women who have one night stands sluts 😩

In her quest to be quirky and bold she is alienating lots of people and followers that hold other views and shutting down discussion only harms the cause she thinks she's championing by further dividing people

Last edited:
  • Heart
It was definitely the covid vaccine issue that made me switch off, I'm very anti vaccine for myself (and I have big personal reasons for this involving a family death), I keep my views to myself and I would never judge anyone for having it, I understand its a very personal choice and I expect the same understanding in return. However she went on over weeks that anyone who hadn't had it was (and she used this word on several occasions) TWATS.

Same sort of thing the other day when she called women who have one night stands sluts 😩
I didn’t see her say that about one night stands? What an ugly outlook.

The vaccine thing pissed me off as well.

I don’t understand what she is actually an “activist” for? For advertising and money? There’s been a lot going on recently with Roe V Wade, Johnny Depp trial and Kim K. All serious topics yet she’s recording herself wearing the wrong size of underwear…

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I didn’t see her say that about one night stands? What an ugly outlook.

The vaccine thing pissed me off as well.

I don’t understand what she is actually an “activist” for? For advertising and money? There’s been a lot going on recently with Roe V Wade, Johnny Depp trial and Kim K. All serious topics yet she’s recording herself wearing the wrong size of underwear…
she’s not an activist for anything. She’s just a very opinionated privileged person, who isn’t well informed in her opinions, has a lot of them and wants to monetise them. She wanted an easy, well paid career. She didn’t have much intelligence or work ethic but had the connections to go down the influencer route. She has no real passion or experience in most of the topics she talks about.

the Johnny Depp trial is too nuanced for her to wade into … she’s an easy tumblr type feminism because that’s easy to sell. The Depp trial is hard because it’s obviously challenging the initial
perception of Amber as a victim of DV. There’s also the delicate and difficult topic of male victims of DV or intimate partner abuse I think it’s been referred to in the trial. In short, Em doesn’t have the brain cells or inclination to tackle it. It’s not going to up her engagement much or get her #ads so no incentive there either.

the roe v Wade stuff is maybe a bit too political for her tumblr style feminism. Money is her main goal here, she wants to keep it light and accessible.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
she’s not an activist for anything. She’s just a very opinionated privileged person, who isn’t well informed in her opinions, has a lot of them and wants to monetise them. She wanted an easy, well paid career. She didn’t have much intelligence or work ethic but had the connections to go down the influencer route. She has no real passion or experience in most of the topics she talks about.

the Johnny Depp trial is too nuanced for her to wade into … she’s an easy tumblr type feminism because that’s easy to sell. The Depp trial is hard because it’s obviously challenging the initial
perception of Amber as a victim of DV. There’s also the delicate and difficult topic of male victims of DV or intimate partner abuse I think it’s been referred to in the trial. In short, Em doesn’t have the brain cells or inclination to tackle it. It’s not going to up her engagement much or get her #ads so no incentive there either.

the roe v Wade stuff is maybe a bit too political for her tumblr style feminism. Money is her main goal here, she wants to keep it light and accessible.
You’ve hit the nail on the head 😅

Reactions: 5

Exactly this!

The AH/DP would be a good one for an intelligent person to speak about abuse/personality disorders etc.

But Em, would rather rant about one night stands

Reactions: 4
im not arguing the case for Hinch being an example of a “good” influencer, she’s just a example of a working class one, that’s all.

why are the vast majority of influencers in the U.K., white and middle class/upper middle class?

I’ve often thought about this… not entirely sure but wonder if it’s because they have the backing and support of family money to give it a go, whereas us normal folk have to just go out and make money? I’m not sure… interested to hear other peoples thoughts

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve often thought about this… not entirely sure but wonder if it’s because they have the backing and support of family money to give it a go, whereas us normal folk have to just go out and make money? I’m not sure… interested to hear other peoples thoughts
Unfortunately I think this applies to all aspects of life. If you have financial backing of any kind you’ll progress quicker. Starting from nothing, especially in the current economy, takes a lot longer.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.