Emily Clarkson (em_clarkson)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve often thought about this… not entirely sure but wonder if it’s because they have the backing and support of family money to give it a go, whereas us normal folk have to just go out and make money? I’m not sure… interested to hear other peoples thoughts
Oh it definitely opens doors for them, take Alex lights current mediocre clothing range for example, the money to start that off has come from somewhere, I suspect her wealthy parents...she's built a following by playing the girl next door eating disorder card but she couldnt keep up the pretence for long and has now become a sales rep for many many brands not in keeping with her original audience...and she has certainly shown her true colours in the last year with her rude and dismissive attitude when challenged and her strange friendship with Em in the last few months has all been part of that.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Oh it definitely opens doors for them, take Alex lights current mediocre clothing range for example, the money to start that off has come from somewhere, I suspect her wealthy parents...
Alex mentioned this week that her parents are the creators/owners of Tessuti.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Alex mentioned this week that her parents are the creators/owners of Tessuti.
I don't think that was a secret tbh. But I'm sure their influence has helped with the creation of her clothing line, which let's be honest is dull and at best mediocre in its design and the colours are as uninspiring as she's become

I think money is one aspect of it - it’s definitely the most obvious/tenable.

but there’s also the networking, the confidence to hold your head up as an equal at business meetings etc.

I remember comedian Luisa Omielan did a documentary on privilege. She went to oxbridge to try and understand why graduates did so well in their respective fields, if it was all down to money, intelligence. She went to a debating hall and had a bit of an “aha” moment when she saw pics of previous debates - they’d invited big names like the Dalia lama to listen to students debate. Her point was that, when important people listen to you and validate you and pay attention to what you say - of course you have the confidence to go out to the world and speak your mind and put yourself out there.

and that isn’t limited to the likes of the dalai lama and oxbridge students. If your parents/peers enjoy a stable, comfortable social class and they validate you and listen to you… then you will enter the world ready to come out on top. Confident to just air your views and advocate for yourself. You’ve been groomed for it from birth. That path has been navigated for you.

and being middle class in the U.K. will automatically mean you get “listened to” or treated better by wider society and the media. Look at the media treatment of say, Maddie compared to Ben Needham. Look at the likes of Jeremy Kyle panelists and how they were viewed - when Kate moss does drugs it’s glamorous. When Bojo has multiple kids by multiple mothers it’s acceptable. Open a daily mail article that demonises the working class on any given day, heck look at some of the tattle threads on unpopular opinions, demonising people who “make a profession out of claiming benefits” but nowhere near the same level of scrutiny or scorn for tax avoiding dentists.

Anyone else think there was literally nothing embarrassing about a guy running out to give her back a bit of her shopping she’d forgotten? If anything it was nice of him to do, I’d have been so annoyed if I’d had dinner planned out and got home only to realise I’d left an ingredient in the shop.

the way she hyped it up, taking a selfie video whilst still on the street (mentioning her jumper alluding to some horrific wardrobe malfunction)

Part of me just believes she’s just ridiculous and OTT, but the fact she mentioned how her jumper made it look like she wasn’t wearing any bottoms (like, so? How was that relevant?) made it seem like the story was going to involve some horrific wardrobe malfunction, so it made me think she said it on purpose to make sure people kept watching the full stories for the engagement

either way - she someone managed to turn a guy returning a cucumber into *nine* stories… and no em, the stuff you do on a weekly basis is not that funny or quirky or embarrassing. This cucumber story was just the latest in a scraping of the barrel content moment.

jesus this girl is pathetic

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Anyone else think there was literally nothing embarrassing about a guy running out to give her back a bit of her shopping she’d forgotten? If anything it was nice of him to do, I’d have been so annoyed if I’d had dinner planned out and got home only to realise I’d left an ingredient in the shop.

the way she hyped it up, taking a selfie video whilst still on the street (mentioning her jumper alluding to some horrific wardrobe malfunction)

Part of me just believes she’s just ridiculous and OTT, but the fact she mentioned how her jumper made it look like she wasn’t wearing any bottoms (like, so? How was that relevant?) made it seem like the story was going to involve some horrific wardrobe malfunction, so it made me think she said it on purpose to make sure people kept watching the full stories for the engagement

either way - she someone managed to turn a guy returning a cucumber into *nine* stories… and no em, the stuff you do on a weekly basis is not that funny or quirky or embarrassing. This cucumber story was just the latest in a scraping of the barrel content moment.

jesus this girl is pathetic
That’s the type of story you’d overhear young teenagers telling and finding it hilarious, while you sit there thinking oh god I hope I wasn’t that irritating at that age 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 13
That’s the type of story you’d overhear young teenagers telling and finding it hilarious, while you sit there thinking oh god I hope I wasn’t that irritating at that age 🙈
shes incredibley immature. The way she was giggling and screeching into the camera, I was baffled. She’s only a couple of years younger than me but id feel like she was some annoying teen I was babysitting if I was in a room with her

Reactions: 7
She's a privileged woman that's grown up in a strong family and struggled to find her feet. She's had confidence issues which she has turned into massive life struggles in her mind.

She's a privileged woman that's grown up in a strong family and struggled to find her feet. She's had confidence issues which she has turned into massive life struggles in her mind.
if physically assaulting subordinates who are socially and professionally below you with no way to retaliate, alongside using racially infused slurs is “strong” then yeah, her family are strong all right

Glad it wasn't just me that was totally not amused by her odd pointless cucumber story!

Not sure what the relevance of the hoodie was tbh unless she was infering she was semi naked ? plus I found it hilarious that she stated' everyone ' was looking at her when the guy was calling out to her! I find that highly unlikely considering most people are plugged into something or on their phones these days!

She's such a nonsense!

Glad it wasn't just me that was totally not amused by her odd pointless cucumber story!

Not sure what the relevance of the hoodie was tbh unless she was infering she was semi naked ? plus I found it hilarious that she stated' everyone ' was looking at her when the guy was calling out to her! I find that highly unlikely considering most people are plugged into something or on their phones these days!

She's such a nonsense!
I struggled to understand too. Tbh I should just unfollow her now as it’s just a hate follow at this point.

I listened to the full, boring non-story because I was waiting for the part where the jumper became relevant and it never did. Which is why I think it was a bit of a strategic mention - she put it right at the start to try and hook people in. People skimming past stories doesn’t up engagement - the opposite I believe (unless anyone knows otherwise). People watching a full story counts as engagement (as does interactions such as responding to Qs, asking Qs and voting - hence why she does them so much). She’s managed and her content is managed, it’s not an unheard of tactic in media/PR/storytelling in general.

She’s been pretty vocal about her account being a source of income for her and it’s clear from all the ads she does that money is a priority - to get money you need to make sure your engagement levels are high. It’s the only explanation I can think of.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I struggled to understand too. Tbh I should just unfollow her now as it’s just a hate follow at this point.

I listened to the full, boring non-story because I was waiting for the part where the jumper became relevant and it never did. Which is why I think it was a bit of a strategic mention - she put it right at the start to try and hook people in. People skimming past stories doesn’t up engagement - the opposite I believe (unless anyone knows otherwise). People watching a full story counts as engagement (as does interactions such as responding to Qs, asking Qs and voting - hence why she does them so much). She’s managed and her content is managed, it’s not an unheard of tactic in media/PR/storytelling in general.

She’s been pretty vocal about her account being a source of income for her and it’s clear from all the ads she does that money is a priority - to get money you need to make sure your engagement levels are high. It’s the only explanation I can think of.
I think high engagement is a must for certain brands to be interested in her. And it's all tactics / smoke and mirrors with them all. A good example of her using her engagement was her hen weekend, she knew people would be watching what she got upto so was a perfect opportunity to slot an ad in amongst it all for that pro biotic drink. She likes to pretend she's authentic and one of the gals but her sole intent is to profit from the gullible that blindly follow her.

I posted on her mates thread yesterday, Alex light, her latest bikini line which Em is also promoting - £85 for a basic bikini!

• Heart
I think high engagement is a must for certain brands to be interested in her. And it's all tactics / smoke and mirrors with them all. A good example of her using her engagement was her hen weekend, she knew people would be watching what she got upto so was a perfect opportunity to slot an ad in amongst it all for that pro biotic drink. She likes to pretend she's authentic and one of the gals but her sole intent is to profit from the gullible that blindly follow her.

I posted on her mates thread yesterday, Alex light, her latest bikini line which Em is also promoting - £85 for a basic bikini!
every influencer and her grandma has a bikini line. I swear it’s because the design and manufacturing is pretty cheap?

the website says it’s sustainable and made in Bali in a “female led manufacturer” whatever that means? It’s still contributing to mass produced clothing, “paid fairly” is subjective and “female led” is vague - but at least it’s not being drop shipped from shein or made in a sweatshop in China, which is probably why it’s a bit more expensive.

Reactions: 5
every influencer and her grandma has a bikini line. I swear it’s because the design and manufacturing is pretty cheap?

the website says it’s sustainable and made in Bali in a “female led manufacturer” whatever that means? It’s still contributing to mass produced clothing, “paid fairly” is subjective and “female led” is vague - but at least it’s not being drop shipped from shein or made in a sweatshop in China, which is probably why it’s a bit more expensive.
She also rolls out the tired old line " it will last you years and years / it's an investment piece " ...seriously who wears the same old bikini for years and years? Plus chlorine and salt water will damage any item over a period of time, that question she swerved yesterday on her Q&A !

Errr her latest stories order… a post on how she’s sooo busy but has something really important to share, followed by a Gillette ad. Then the post after is about bowel babe.

surely a post about your so called friend dying and trying to raise money For charity should be the important thing to share, not the ad.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Errr her latest stories order… a post on how she’s sooo busy but has something really important to share, followed by a Gillette ad. Then the post after is about bowel babe.

surely a post about your so called friend dying and trying to raise money For charity should be the important thing to share, not the ad.
priorities, gotta get that #ad in first for the monies. People might skip the bowel babe story and miss her affiliated link, can’t risk that!

Reactions: 5

Sustainable yet flew abroad just for a photoshoot!? 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart

I was thinking that. If bowelbabe was really her close friend she wouldn't be posting how sad she is and then "kk busy day let's move". So self absorbed.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
priorities, gotta get that #ad in first for the monies. People might skip the bowel babe story and miss her affiliated link, can’t risk that!
Absolutely sickening, my heart is breaking for Bowelbabe & I'm not even her mate, unlike Em! As if she needs any more money isn't Daddy absolutely loaded for being an absolute thunderc*nt?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.