Emily Clarkson (em_clarkson)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I dunno I kind of agree with it! When I was younger my fri and sat nights were LIFE. I’d spend the day shopping, tanning, doing hair, nails makeup etc for a night out to possibly flirt or get with a guy who probably had skid marks in his pants 🤣
"Your future is to either be known as a slag for a gribbly one night stand..." It wasn't what she was saying, it was absolutely the way she decided to say it.

Reactions: 4
I thought it sounded like the type of indirect ramble someone would post when their man's just had a one night stand

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I dunno I kind of agree with it! When I was younger my fri and sat nights were LIFE. I’d spend the day shopping, tanning, doing hair, nails makeup etc for a night out to possibly flirt or get with a guy who probably had skid marks in his pants 🤣
oh yeh completely! My issue isn’t what she’s saying so much as, 1. She’s co opting other people’s experiences. If Em has been in a long term relationship since her teens then presumably these aren’t her experiences to talk about. She’s just borrowing the because she knows lots of women *have* had them, and it makes her more relatable to tap into it 2. Calling one night stands “horrifically sordid” and using the word “slag”. Why are one night stands sordid? Why do we need to use misogynistic language? Why can’t we just say a girl would be judged for one night stands instead of perpetuating words use to slut shame?

she’s had a few wines and I think the real em came out a bit there. The judgmental, self righteous Em that she hides from the gram.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Is all this ranting because of that bbc article she shared which says single guys only change their bedsheets every four months? And how it’s gross that women have to pick up the slack or sleep in crusty sheets?

🙄 as someone who has also only been with one guy for my entire dating life, I couldn’t get worked up about something like this, having, you know, never experienced it..?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Can we also acknowledge that she has a black Labrador called Zulu…?!!? WTAF. You’d think she’s keep that one to herself

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Can we also acknowledge that she has a black Labrador called Zulu…?!!? WTAF. You’d think she’s keep that one to herself
christ on a bike…

Guess we all know now why Em needs a manager…

a couple of wines and she’s make zero sense, been vaguely sexist, vaguely slut shamed one night stands and told us all about her dog with a name with vaguely racist undertones.

imagine if she had a whole bottle to herself! Looks like they are going out this evening so maybe the tit show will continue 🍿

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I feel like she tries to use long words to sound knowledgable but it just means her sentences make no sense. I get halfway through her stories and lose the will to live

Reactions: 7
She also makes a big thing about people adopting, not buying dogs.

When they bred the yellow lab, and the black lab is the puppy they kept

• Wow
She also makes a big thing about people adopting, not buying dogs.

When they bred the yellow lab, and the black lab is the puppy they kept
Ah so she can’t even make the excuse that they adopted the dog and it already had that name. They actually thought that it was an appropriate choice all by themselves!

I think she means well but she really is naïve, immature and very privileged.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Ah so she can’t even make the excuse that they adopted the dog and it already had that name. They actually thought that it was an appropriate choice all by themselves!
Exactly.

Shes an utter utter prick.

She has school bully vibes.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think she means well but she really is naïve, immature and very privileged.
Agreed plus she loves to jump on the latest bandwagon same as her annoying mate Alex! She's clearly led a sheltered life and has limited life experience but is desperate to be relevant! Unfortunately you can't steal other people's reality like she does ( for engagement and to profit from ) and pretend you can relate when it's very very obvious you don't have a clue what you are going on about!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Agreed plus she loves to jump on the latest bandwagon same as her annoying mate Alex! She's clearly led a sheltered life and has limited life experience but is desperate to be relevant! Unfortunately you can't steal other people's reality like she does ( for engagement and to profit from ) and pretend you can relate when it's very very obvious you don't have a clue what you are going on about!
Alex obviously has genuine eating disorder to draw upon which is sometimes helpful, but she also comes from an extremely privileged background and so is very out of touch with reality in many respects. The two of them separately are irritating but together are unbearable!

• Heart
Just wanted to say, in terms of body positivity - Danae Mercer does it far better than Em/Alex

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.