Emily Clarkson (em_clarkson)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Arlo Rose… I thought Arlo was a boys name?
Because it is!
It's her bid to be ' different ' I'm guessing! Of all the beautiful names they could've chosen ...each to their own I guess! I've no doubt there will be some gushing breathless explanation as to why ! .....Now the hard work begins

Reactions: 8
I think Arla would be beautiful for a girl, but Arlo? Maybe it's because I know two people who have recently named their male puppies that... But each to their own

• Haha
Reactions: 19
She’s been hovering over that post button for days hoping she’ll get as much attention as she can now it’s all gone quiet over molly mae 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I think Arla would be beautiful for a girl, but Arlo? Maybe it's because I know two people who have recently named their male puppies that... But each to their own
i agree, Arla would be really pretty! i get that gender-neutral names are currently on trend, and there are girls named Arlo, but it's still a masculine name which Em undoubtedly chose to be "different". sure, Rose is very feminine, but middle names generally aren't used, and generally speaking, people will expect Arlo Andrew to be a boy. and guaranteed that is exactly what she wants! she will have seen all the media attention Molly Mae has received and all the hype all over social media due to the name she chose for her baby girl - Em has likely already filmed a reel about sexism and names not belonging it a specific gender blah, blah, blah with her bestie Alex Light on standby waiitjg. to leap to her defence and race it her stories to slate anyone who questions Em's choice in name.

and that, ofc, will result in loads of articles about "Jeremy Clarkson's granddaughter" - a caption which will result in Em writing a furious post about how her daughter is her own individual person etc etc - and highlighting the way she is speaking about about criticism and her courage in single-handedly fighting for defender equality to ensure that names - just like clothes/toys/colours etc - are no longer categorised by gender, obvs with photos of her baby and a link to her IG splashed across every article to increase engagement! she's been exploiting her daughter for attention since the moment she announced her pregnancy - it won't be any different now she's given birth and has an actual live baby to use as a cute prop for photos and dramatic stories about equality and women not being the property of their father/men etc etc. 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Heart
Omg - brace yourselves

Several newspapers have articles along the line of "Jeremy Clarkson’s daughter gives birth"

And a LOT of comments about the name Arlo being a boys name.

Faux outrage loading

🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Omg - brace yourselves

Several newspapers have articles along the line of "Jeremy Clarkson’s daughter gives birth"

And a LOT of comments about the name Arlo being a boys name.

Faux outrage loading

🤣🤣🤣🤣
like i said earlier, she will have pre-filmed a reel all ready to share, ranting about sexism and gender stereotypes and how names don't belong to boys or girls, knowing some people will comment on her choosing a traditional "boy" name for her daughter, purposefully to attract the attention of the media so loads of articles are published about her - especially with all the recent focus on Molly Mae naming her daughter Bambi and the resulting criticism, Em will be aiming to outdo her in terms of media attention.

and then, ofc, the articles won't be able to resist referring to her daughter as "Jeremy Clarkson's granddaughter", cue more faux outrage about her daughter having her own identity and not being a possession of her grandfather, as though she hasn't been suing her kid as an accessory since the moment she announced her pregnancy. obvs she will exploit her becoming a mother as a way to increase engagement and lure in a larger audience - plus her bff Alex Light will also be on standby, ready to create her own reels about baby names being gender neutral etc as a show of support, thus also using the birth of Em's daughter for content - and that's not even to mention the way they will undoubtedly use it as a topic to rant about in their upcoming podcast episodes. it's all so predictable. 🙄🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 4
She’s been hovering over that post button for days hoping she’ll get as much attention as she can now it’s all gone quiet over molly mae 😂😂
Has to make something so magical into a circus doesn't she..it must be exhausting constantly living in the drama she creates!

Reactions: 3
Em is going to be absolutely furious as these headlines! mentioning Jezza's name before hers, referring to her as his daughter and announcing that he is a grandfather before mentioning that she is a mother, when she deserves all the attention on her!

outraged rants incoming.....!

Screenshot_20230205_162031.jpg

Screenshot_20230205_161949_com.android.chrome_edit_412037424515772.jpg

Screenshot_20230205_161938_com.android.chrome_edit_412029688854315.jpg

Screenshot_20230205_162045_com.android.chrome_edit_412078765164203.jpg

Screenshot_20230205_162123.jpg

• Haha
Interesting choice. Arlo means 'from the hill fort' or 'between two hills' depending on where you think it's from. There also is a German meaning which is 'famous throughout the land'. I always associate names ending with 'lo' as masculine, but to each their own 🤷‍♀️

Regarding the whole “Jezza headlines” topic… it’s not at all sexist to refer to her as that? Emily is no one in her own right. If you said “Emily Clarkson” to a random person from the UK (ie the audience of those newspapers) the likelihood is they’d have no clue who you’re talking about. If you said “Jeremy Clarkson” they’d most likely know. So it makes sense to say “clarkson’s daughter” otherwise the headline just sounds like “random lady gives birth” especially as Clarkson is such a common surname.

it’s not about sexism or being a man / woman. I bet most people don’t know who Alex Jones is, so if he was to do anything noteworthy newspapers would have to write “Felicity Jones’s brother”.

I guess what does bother her is that she’s achieved nothing and despite all her efforts she’s still a nobody, as evidenced by the headlines

Reactions: 18
Well we called it, she had the baby when we said.

So relieved she’s posted to let us know she’ll be away from social media but back in a bit. I was getting worried about how society would cope without the subway and symprove ads.
---

Em and Alex running through their baby name choices

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.