Emily Clarkson (em_clarkson)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If the baby was being bottlefed would you have commented?! Doubt it ffs 👀🤬
I don’t give a tit if she bottle feeds or breast feeds. I just think it’s problematic to use a baby as content regardless of how it’s being fed.

Reactions: 7
We need a new thread & not for it to be Mumsnet -thanks
Dear lord… No one is judging her for feeding her baby. We are commenting on the fact that she is, like the majority of influencers, doing the standard obligatory announcement of the ‘I am breastfeeding’ picture.

Reactions: 4
Dear lord… No one is judging her for feeding her baby. We are commenting on the fact that she is, like the majority of influencers, doing the standard obligatory announcement of the ‘I am breastfeeding’ picture.
In fairness though this is one thing that does really help a lot of people to see. Our bf rates as a country are so low and seeing more influencers normalising it so new bf mums feel more confident to leave the house with their baby and don’t feel like they have to hide away as much can make a difference. ❤

Reactions: 7
In fairness though this is one thing that does really help a lot of people to see. Our bf rates as a country are so low and seeing more influencers normalising it so new bf mums feel more confident to leave the house with their baby and don’t feel like they have to hide away as much can make a difference. ❤
if mums feel comfortable breastfeeding it’s through education, through breastfeeding awareness initiatives and the hard work of grassroots level medical and social staff. Not because some vain, sheltered woman decided to post a picture of herself.

Reactions: 9
if mums feel comfortable breastfeeding it’s through education, through breastfeeding awareness initiatives and the hard work of grassroots level medical and social staff. Not because some vain, sheltered woman decided to post a picture of herself.
Exactly. Most z listers do it to show off and ‘look at me’ whereas normal mothers do it to feed their baby

Reactions: 6
Don't dispute this comment at all - and I agree that a fed baby is best. However, looking at it from another angle - for all the mums that can't breastfeed or struggled with it, it could also make them feel sad, a failure etc etc

I'd personally prefer it if people didn't feel the 'need' to announce how they choose to feed their baby, or seen to be making a point by including a picture which undoubtedly infers which route they are taking with feeding.

Live and let live by all means, but everyone I follow influencer wise who has had a baby recently, has showed pictures of them breastfeeding, rarely being bottle fed - which is also normal. It's almost as if to prove something.

Anyway, back to Tattle instead of Mumsnet! Sorry!

Reactions: 2
I agree, I struggled to bf due to a lack of support from my midwife and health visitor. Seeing influencers bf in public is great to normalise it for sure, but it doesn’t give those who are struggling any advice or help with it and no doubt makes them feel worse for not being able to.
People need to normalise that a fed baby is a happy & healthy baby. Doesn’t matter if bf or bottle fed.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
All this discussion on breastfeeding and nobody is picking up on the cruelty of naming her female child “Arlo” 😅

there are at least three “arlos” in my dog walking group and they are all male.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
All this discussion on breastfeeding and nobody is picking up on the cruelty of naming her female child “Arlo” 😅

there are at least three “arlos” in my dog walking group and they are all male.
Such an unattractive name ...she's set her child up for a lifetime of people saying " sorry what's your name? How do you spell that? Isn't that a male / dogs name? " all because she has this warped desire to be 'different ' 🥱

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Such an unattractive name ...she's set her child up for a lifetime of people saying " sorry what's your name? How do you spell that? Isn't that a male / dogs name? " all because she has this warped desire to be 'different ' 🥱
it wouldn't surprise me if she chose the name Arlo for her little girl specifically for the sake if content. she knows she will receive loads of "Arlo is a boy's name" type comments - both on social media and in real life, with people assuming her baby is a boy - and she has likely already planned - and potentially already filmed - the dramatic reels and stories she can create as a result, outraged and ranting about how names don't belong to certain genders etc etc. 🙄🙄

I don't see much issue in her naming her baby a typically boys name - esp when actually it's more on the unusual side. Blake Lively named her first daughter James

I don't see much issue in her naming her baby a typically boys name - esp when actually it's more on the unusual side. Blake Lively named her first daughter James
And she also has a typically boys’ name.
BUT look at how much of her private life does Blake plaster on the internet vs Em.

Reactions: 3
But it will be an issue for the female child because its a boys name!

Em will see herself as some great leader in the pursuit of changing the way names are used so girls can have boys names and vice versa but why can't things just be ? What is wrong with the tradition of us having given names depending on our sex? Why does everything have to be messed about with because certain individuals decide they want to be 'different'...

Em will see herself as some great leader in the pursuit of changing the way names are used so girls can have boys names and vice versa but why can't things just be ? What is wrong with the tradition of us having given names depending on our sex? Why does everything have to be messed about with because certain individuals decide they want to be 'different'...
100% agree!
What is she essentially challenging and changing? It’s a bit like putting your bed in the bathroom at home - very unique, challenges conventional thinking and makes people notice but in practice brings nothing but problems, your bed will stink of poo. In the same way her daughter will get into all sorts of situations from being mistaken for a boy to people just not expecting to see her if they arrange a meeting with “Arlo”. People putting her in boys’ teams / accommodation if it’s allocated based on a list. Future boyfriends explaining “no I’m not gay, Arlo is my GIRLFRIEND, no it’s not a nickname. Yep she’s actually called that”

100% agree!
What is she essentially challenging and changing? It’s a bit like putting your bed in the bathroom at home - very unique, challenges conventional thinking and makes people notice but in practice brings nothing but problems, your bed will stink of poo. In the same way her daughter will get into all sorts of situations from being mistaken for a boy to people just not expecting to see her if they arrange a meeting with “Arlo”. People putting her in boys’ teams / accommodation if it’s allocated based on a list. Future boyfriends explaining “no I’m not gay, Arlo is my GIRLFRIEND, no it’s not a nickname. Yep she’s actually called that”
lots of opportunities to be righteously affronted on behalf of her daughter though, which is what em is all about.

pretend adopting social causes and being perpetually angry because that enables her to delude herself into thinking she has a higher purpose in life and isn’t a total waster.
---
blake Lively is also a bit of a tool though lol

exactly this. sure, it is becoming more of a trend to use typically masculine names for girls - names like Lennon, Ezra, James etc - but in Em's case, it's very obvious that she chose a name which would cause people to generally assume that her child is a boy specifically so that she make a huge deal about challenging gender boundaries with stories ranting about assumptions and how name's don't belong to specific genders, ensuring loads of articles are printed about her to increase her audience on social media, because it benefits her - not only because it will create content and a topic for her podcast etc, but because it will increase engagement with people leaping to her defense, as it means more brands will reach out to her to work them and create ads etc. she's purposefully chosen a name which will make her daughter's life more difficult, simply because she can use the concept of using a "boy name" for her daughter to her own advantage. she could have opted for a more feminine version of the name if Arlo was a name she genuinely loves - even Arlie or Arla sound more feminine - but guaranteed she will be using "i have a daughter named Arlo" to create content. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.