Emily Clarkson (em_clarkson)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she's got a taste for the attention and is milking it for all its worth...and the ability to forecast when she's going to be sick so she can go out and do the fun things is a gift!
definitely. She relies a lot on outward validation by her own admission. This whole account was made so she could come out with trite statements and get comments calling her a great person and an inspiration. Now she’s pregnant she’s getting the validation in the form of sympathy now too.

poor kid, being born and surrounded by crappy adults.

Reactions: 5
the daily sickness update is beyond boring. like, WE GET IT. Em is pregnant and is struggling with nausea and sickness, yet the endless details and when and where she was sick, selfies of her posing next to the toilet, complaints that she can't eat a single thing followed immediately by a day of dancing around her kitchen or recording the podcast or posing for pregnancy photoshoots - note that the days she describes her sickness as "super severe" with the impression that it is totally debilitating are always days when she doesn't have any scheduled work events or birthday meals or baby showers etc to attend, thus ensuring she can cope with eating various creamy pasta dishes as it suits her, with absolutely no issue - only to claiming the next day that she can't keep down water or leave her bed. it doesn't add up that the nausea would only be an issue specifically on the days that she has nothing to do other than chill in bed and take "woe is me, super sick" selfies for content - yet she'll be dancing energetically around the kitchen every Friday without fail to celebrate people's wins. seems a major coincidence that she is able to predict that every single Friday she will be feeling well enough to sing and danc and bounce around the kitchen.

it's also weird that she feels she needs to focus the majority of her content on reminding the world that she is pregnant and sick and vulnerable - as though anyone could possibly have forgotten - even going to the extent of showing the toilets she *may* be sick in later. just why?! 🙄🙄
😆😆😆😆😆

Guess who is reading Tattle

Hi Emily! Grow up. Nobber

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think she's got a taste for the attention and is milking it for all its worth...and the ability to forecast when she's going to be sick so she can go out and do the fun things is a gift!
Yes to go his! She’s absolutely soaking it up

Reactions: 2
Oh god.

Of COURSE she did an indulgent pregnany photoshoot in the nude.

em: SoCiEtY iS oBsEsSeD wIth WoMeNs BoDiEs SpeCiaLlY pOsT pArTuM

also Em: takes a minimum of five photos of herself and bump per day, stages nude pregnancy photoshoots, mentions she is pregnant on the hour.

society might be obsessed with women’s (pregnant) bodies Em but.. so are you? So why are you lecturing on it..?

• Sick
Reactions: 11
Do we really need the poo/vomit stories? That’s not why I go on social media 🤮

Edited - spelling errors made post sound like nonsense!

Did we really need the photo with her bag of vomit with no warning before it, not a particuarly nice sight while i'm mindlessly scrolling over breakfast

• Sick
Reactions: 9
she doesn’t have anything interesting to post other than daily sickness woe-is-me.

you’d be forgiven for assuming she is an interesting and well rounded person because of the podcast, and the range of other projects she dips her toes into. But the reality is, she isn’t the mastermind of any of this. Her management is.

her and Alex don’t research or do the work for their podcast. Daisy Grant is the producer and editor of the show. No doubt there is writing and management behind the scenes who direct Em and Alex, reach out to potential guests, draft topics and research them etc. These two shallow, vapid women just get given the script and giggle into a mic with their crappy attempt at banter.

• Heart
Did we really need the photo with her bag of vomit with no warning before it, not a particuarly nice sight while i'm mindlessly scrolling over breakfast
it's all so unnecessary! like, we get it - she is regularly struggling with nausea. it's not like she ever gives anyone the opportunity to forget that - or the fact that she's pregnant! yet every time she shares yet another posed pregnancy photoshoot of herself and her bump, or yet more stories with photos of her attending events and parties or eating huge meals of rich, creamy, cheesy foods that would likely make the average person feel nauseous - let alone an individual with such super severe HG! - or dancing about energetically in her feel good friday stories, or recording the latest podcast episode, she has to follow it up with posts reminding everyone how sick she is, and that despite having the ability to seemingly turn the nausea on and off as it suits her, and the content she wants to creat/events she wants to attend/her baby shower/fancy meals out etc, she then has to emphasise in great detail all episodes of public vomiting, and photos of herself bedridden for a day following every fancy dinner or event in case anyone mama gets to forget that she is pregnant! 🤦🏻‍♀️

and note how the days her nausea is so severe she can't leave her bed are always timed perfectly with it being a day she doesn't have anything planned, as opposed to HG ever resulting in her having to cancel her plans - or a day she can barely manage to eat dry crackers coinciding with a fancy meal out that she then has to cancel, or is unable to eat! she makes such a huge deal out of how important it is to share the "raw" side of pregnancy, and not just the highlights - yet it's totally ridiculous to claim she wants her content to reflect real life, when her daily life is so far removed from most people's reality! pregnant or not, the vast majority of the population aren't dressing up to eat at posh restaurants on a weekly basis. 🙄🙄

I'm still so mad at that photo. The thought process behind it- 'oh hey bebz, can you get a photo of me with my bag of vom for the gram, never mind me using the toilet or wiping my mouth or whatevs'. I dunno if it's just my personal aversion to anything vomit, but it comes across as unhinged!

Thread title suggestion: Em Clarkson #2 Posing with my bag of sick, get me rich and famous quick!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I'm still so mad at that photo. The thought process behind it- 'oh hey bebz, can you get a photo of me with my bag of vom for the gram, never mind me using the toilet or wiping my mouth or whatevs'. I dunno if it's just my personal aversion to anything vomit, but it comes across as unhinged!

Thread title suggestion: Em Clarkson #2 Posing with my bag of sick, get me rich and famous quick!
it's also not the representation of the rEaLiTy of pregnancy, as generally speaking, anyone who is sick - pregnant or not - feels pretty rough, and the last thing they would prioritise is posing with a bag full of their own vomit and demanding their partner take a photo to share immediately on IG. while i wouldn't say i have etmetophobia - a fairly common phobia which Em is showing zero consideration for with her continual stories about vomit - even the idea of being sick makes me feel anxious. i absolutely hate it, and would likely be in tears afterwards - or at least want to rinse my mouth and clean my teeth etc, not pose for photos. it's not representative of real life - it is simply representative of Em's desperation for attention. 🙄🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 9
All her silly posts do is highlight how much she exaggerates her condition and how ridiculous and pointless she is ....guaranteed the majority of people seeing her holding her bag of sick looking like a silly twit will be reviled by her and not sympathetic.

She's the vomit version of the boy who cried wolf!

Reactions: 7
I started following her recently as a friend said her content was good from a feminist perspective, but I got quickly fed up with the "I'm sick" content. Not everyone I follow has to be directly relatable to me but it's at every avenue she's talking about it and it's a gross topic. I shouldn't know that you vomit in your sleep, nor do I want to hear it.

Final straw were the dogs arse and the poo stories. I do not need to be seeing or reading this. It is not good content

No.

Maybe I'll refollow after she's given birth. But maybe she's just a gross person?

I’ve unfollowed her. The vomit stories were totally unnecessary.

Similar to her podcast, she seems to be unable to step back and reflect on other people’s journeys. It feels for Emily, to display empathy towards another person she has to have the experience herself. I found it infuriating in her podcast that she was unable to listen and reflect but no we had to have a story to prove she understood from that person perspective because she had experienced it too.

Similar to her journey through pregnancy, I worked with many women suffering with HG and absolutely I could see from them how horrendous it was. Did I need to share my story? No, we are all fully aware of it.

Why does she have to show the rawness? duck, when the baby arrives it will be hard work at times. Do we need to see that? No. There is nothing wrong with showing the good stuff. You don’t always have to be a victim.

As Emily says on so many posts ‘if I’m too much to you, that’s your problem’. So why does she actually care? Why does she need to show the vomit. She’s not the first person to be pregnant and her symptoms are like many women that have to drag themselves into work.

I’ll hold my sympathies for the women unable to conceive or the women who would do absolutely anything to have pregnancy symptoms if it meant carrying a baby to full term.

• Heart
Can we also address the fact that her husband took that pic of her with the bag of vomit? My husband would flat out refuse and call me batshit crazy, these influencers lead such strange lives.

I’d love to know how that conversation went.

Andrew: ‘Oh babe, sorry you’ve just been sick, shall we get you cleaned up and go home?’

Emily: ‘Absolutely not, take my picture with the bag! I’ll stand over here and look forlorn.’

Andrew: ‘OK, if you’re sure. This is a bit weird.’

Emily: ‘No, it’s brilliant! Even when I’m sick, I’m quirky! And I have to prove that I’m the most sick pregnant person EVER.’

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Can we also address the fact that her husband took that pic of her with the bag of vomit? My husband would flat out refuse and call me batshit crazy, these influencers lead such strange lives.

Andrew: ‘Oh babe, sorry you’ve just been sick, shall we get you cleaned up and go home?’

Emily: ‘Absolutely not, take my picture with the bag! I’ll stand over here and look forlorn.’

Emily: ‘No, it’s brilliant! Even when I’m sick, I’m quirky! And I have to prove that I’m the most sick pregnant person EVER.’
I’m beginning to believe she’s dragging this sick thing out for clout I mean who would stop to take a pic with said bag of sick? 🤥 Pinocchio springs to mind

what's worse than the way her husband enables her attention-seeking bullshit is that her daughter will grow up thinking that it's totally normal behaviour. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.