Emily Clarkson (em_clarkson)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Rolled my eyes SO hard. She needs to grow up. I had my two babies pre Rihanna and have never been bothered about my body/weight. I had a baby for gods sake. I don’t look at my friends and pick apart their body/weight post baby. It’s the most irrelevant and pointless exercise. I support them as a fellow mother and friend. Their weight is the last thing on my mind.

She’s the problem going along with the bounce back culture which is essentially what the whole Rihanna comments are about.

Reactions: 5
my favourite part of that reel is Em's story claiming that she only filmed it as a joke - but then decided it was "funny" so decided to upload and share it! as if it wasn't specifically filmed with the intention of it being used as content. sure, Em. 👌🏻🙄

Reactions: 8
Rolled my eyes SO hard. She needs to grow up. I had my two babies pre Rihanna and have never been bothered about my body/weight. I had a baby for gods sake. I don’t look at my friends and pick apart their body/weight post baby. It’s the most irrelevant and pointless exercise. I support them as a fellow mother and friend. Their weight is the last thing on my mind.

She’s the problem going along with the bounce back culture which is essentially what the whole Rihanna comments are about.
That's the phrase I was looking for ' bounce back culture ' ...there was a similar thing noted on her mates thread earlier today ...the awful Alex Light...she makes a habit of regurgitating old quotes from decades past and introducing them to a whole new generation of vulnerable people who don't need to read or see this information...but same as this numpty she thinks its clever and it gets her attention so sod anyone that might be triggered! Roll on the day that these awful toxic creatures are cancelled!

Reactions: 7
That's the phrase I was looking for ' bounce back culture ' ...there was a similar thing noted on her mates thread earlier today ...the awful Alex Light...she makes a habit of regurgitating old quotes from decades past and introducing them to a whole new generation of vulnerable people who don't need to read or see this information...but same as this numpty she thinks its clever and it gets her attention so sod anyone that might be triggered! Roll on the day that these awful toxic creatures are cancelled!
urgh, i already commented about Alex's post on the relevant thread. she is an absolute nightmare. rolling out toxic phrases and slogans from 90s/00s diet culture - quotes that she has specified triggered her in the past a d contributed to the development of her eating disorder, yet is now sharing them with her followers, many of whom are younger and this will be the first time they are introduced to her many of these phrases - the majority she has lifted straight off a pro-ana tumblr. it's language she deems problematic, yet is literally contributing to the problem by repeating old weight loss slogans and Kate Moss quotes which aren't used much today and introducing disordered ideas to a whole new generation of vulnerable kids. 😡

• Heart
oh, and just in case anyone had missed the fact that Em is pregnant, she now can't film a couple of stories from without it featuring a moment of pausing...hand over mouth...*gulp*...."i was almost sick!" WE. GET. IT. EM. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
I’ve had to unfollow her.

It’s the problem with these influencers who have never worked a proper job. Their entire personality becomes girlfriend/fiancé/wife/mum to be/mother. They never have the opportunity to be them at work & mum at home, because the boundaries are so blurred ie making money from every single element of your personal life.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
she seems perfely able to energetically dance about each week for her feel good friday stories, yet ofc she has to follow that up with a reminder that she is PREGNANT and SICK and suffering so much with vomiting that she is simultaneously peeing herself. just a coincidence that her extreme nausea coincides with days she doesn't need to film herself dancing about for content - or when she needs to film an #ad playing football. many pregnant women undoubtedly wish they could turn their "being VERY VERY SICK" on and off as it suits them, and their need to sympathy and attention. 👌🏻🤦🏻‍♀️

*just a reminder, in case anyone has missed it, Emily Clarkson is pregnant. the first
woman ever to concieve a child. and she is suffering with nausea and sickness so extreme it is worse than that experienced by any woman in the whole entire world. like, ever. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’ve had to unfollow her.

It’s the problem with these influencers who have never worked a proper job. Their entire personality becomes girlfriend/fiancé/wife/mum to be/mother. They never have the opportunity to be them at work & mum at home, because the boundaries are so blurred ie making money from every single element of your personal life.
I remember thinking it sounded pretty sad when she said in an interview that after school, she basically upped and left the U.K. to go live in Dublin with her now husband. She’d met him in her teens, maybe around age 16?

so instead of pursuing her own interests or own career… she goes and lives at his beck and call.

they moved to London around 2015 (presumably for his career since that roughly corresponds when he got a job in London). That’s when she started her blood which got exposure from media interviews she did. Interviews that she only got because of who her father was.

so we have a woman who has lived at home her whole life until she decided to go move in with her boyfriend and since her job was, by her admission, a €5 per hour gig, she must’ve been relying on her boyfriends income.

she then ups her life again - to support him in his career, living with him again. She starts a lifestyle blog - not based on pursuing any interest or hobby but rather just as a medium to share her opinions. And this gig is supported by her father’s fame.

so for a girl who comes out with statements like “every woman is a feminist to the extent that they don’t want to sit at home, make a lasagne for their husband then open their legs on demand.”

that certainly seems like a fairly derogatory way of describing a lifestyle which she herself has pretty much adopted? She’s always been dependent on men in some form. She has never pursued any passions or credible career on her own merit. She’s never pursued an education of any sort, even though she has a ton of opinions on everything. She’s never really travelled or volunteered or lived apart from her boyfriend to my knowledge. She’s never been indepdent, or carved out her own friendships groups or life. It’s always centred around hubby by the looks of things.

so yeh, despite her protestations that the daily Mail made her look silly for talking about her wedding… that kinda was her personality for a while. It was all about wedding, and being a wife. And now it’s all about being pregnant and being a mother. For someone who claims to be progressive and forward thinking and open minded.. for someone who puts out the impression that she is forward thinking and subversive…. She’s certainly chosen an extremely traditionally route in life. One that feeds into and supports misogynist social frameworks. But dare point that out to her and you’ll be called troll, naturally.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Couldn't sleep last night so was listening to podcasts. Had the misfortune to put the latest episode of the one she does with the other muppet Alex Light. God it was painful to listen too. Both talking over each other, both unnecessarily dropping the f bomb, both cackling pointlessly at nothing remotely funny. It was interesting to hear how she was laughing at her supposed ' friend' Alex when she made the weird statement about wanting to bite dull Dave her husband. Emily properly took the piss out of her in a really mean way to the point Alex repeatedly had to ask her to stop. Neither of them are funny or witty and both struggle to string a coherent sentence together which doesn't involve the repeated use of the word like! Oh and yep in the 20 minutes or so that i persevered through she mentioned she was pregnant 3 times !

• Haha
Reactions: 11
to summarise: "I'm going to make a HUGE deal out of the fact that I'm pregnant, use it to get myself work with brands, and remind everyone constantly, with emphasis on how hard it is for me, and how much i am struggling with sickness and nausea and tiredness, and how vulnerable i am, but i cannot BELIEVE that anyone would have the audacity to send messages to let me know that being a parent will be difficult and share "horror stories" of how I won't have time to read books and will feel uncomfortable in my body etc, because i only want to hear how AMAZING it will be to be a mother, and exploit my daughter for content and #ads! thanks for all the positive messages that have reassured me the nausea is only temporary and I will get thru it - I have screenshot every single one of those DMs of support - but anyone who shares an experiences which aren't positive and don't tell me that my life with a baby will be total perfection, and reassure me that I will simultaneously be able to sleep and read and love my post-pregnancy body, i will simply delete your messages and block you because - despite my daily reminders that i am pregnant - i don't wanna hear about your dramas. i share because I want sympathy and attention and love and for brands to reach out and send me freebies - not for people to tell me that they relate because they also experienced nausea, as nobody can possibly relate because mine is definitely WORSE, or ask what I plan to name my daughter, because it's none of your bleeping business! i'm VULNERABLE and do not want to be asked such personal questions or hear any parenting "horror stories" about not being able to read three books in a day, and although I have tried to rise above it and ignore your negativity, i am writing this because I desperately want more messages of support and adoration. oh, and just in case you forgot over the course of reading my whingy post - I AM PREGNANT, and totally overlooking the fact that nobody would be sending these messages if I didn't make such a huge bleeping deal about it every single day, and regularly remind the world that i am SO, SO SICK". 🙄🙄

Screenshot_20221204_142832.jpg

• Sick
  • Heart
She's going to be even more insufferable when this kid is born. It'll be harder for her than anyone else on the planet (all while she doesn't have a job and she'll probably hire a nanny). Give me strength.

1670165180953.png

Classy girl.
No one cares about your arse, put it away.

• Sick
Reactions: 4
to summarise: "I'm going to make a HUGE deal out of the fact that I'm pregnant, use it to get myself work with brands, and remind everyone constantly, with emphasis on how hard it is for me, and how much i am struggling with sickness and nausea and tiredness, and how vulnerable i am, but i cannot BELIEVE that anyone would have the audacity to send messages to let me know that being a parent will be difficult and share "horror stories" of how I won't have time to read books and will feel uncomfortable in my body etc, because i only want to hear how AMAZING it will be to be a mother, and exploit my daughter for content and #ads! thanks for all the positive messages that have reassured me the nausea is only temporary and I will get thru it - I have screenshot every single one of those DMs of support - but anyone who shares an experiences which aren't positive and don't tell me that my life with a baby will be total perfection, and reassure me that I will simultaneously be able to sleep and read and love my post-pregnancy body, i will simply delete your messages and block you because - despite my daily reminders that i am pregnant - i don't wanna hear about your dramas. i share because I want sympathy and attention and love and for brands to reach out and send me freebies - not for people to tell me that they relate because they also experienced nausea, as nobody can possibly relate because mine is definitely WORSE, or ask what I plan to name my daughter, because it's none of your bleeping business! i'm VULNERABLE and do not want to be asked such personal questions or hear any parenting "horror stories" about not being able to read three books in a day, and although I have tried to rise above it and ignore your negativity, i am writing this because I desperately want more messages of support and adoration. oh, and just in case you forgot over the course of reading my whingy post - I AM PREGNANT, and totally overlooking the fact that nobody would be sending these messages if I didn't make such a huge bleeping deal about it every single day, and regularly remind the world that i am SO, SO SICK". 🙄🙄

View attachment 1781610
Thing is I get it… it is annoying when people keep saying things like this when you’re pregnant. Butttt the thing I hate about influencers saying this, is as soon as they give birth and find having a baby hard they then moan about it on social media to be ReLaTaBle. Therefore doing exactly what they were complaining about 🤷🏻‍♀️🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Thing is I get it… it is annoying when people keep saying things like this when you’re pregnant. Butttt the thing I hate about influencers saying this, is as soon as they give birth and find having a baby hard they then moan about it on social media to be ReLaTaBle. Therefore doing exactly what they were complaining about 🤷🏻‍♀️🤣
yeah, in exactly the same way that Em is currently making a huge deal out of her nausea and sickness - there may be people trying to get pregnant who find her sharing those experiences of pregnancy as a "horror story" - yet it doesn't stop her sharing details that other people may find unhelpful! she will undoubtedly share her birth story in great detail too - and while i honestly hope the birth goes smoothly, and she doesn't have any negative experiences, if she does, the impact her story may have on other pregnant women who ate feeling anxious a d scared about giving birth won't stop her from sharing her story. and, as you say, she will undoubtedly document her experiences as a mother in great detail, and make reels about a lack of sleep, or issues with feeding and - later - dealing with toddler tantrums. it's totally okay for her to share her own experiences - whether negative or positive - because it's all content, and she is an influencer, thus can label it "work", but anyone sharing their experiences with her is a definite no. 🤷🏻‍♂️

She’s built an account which centres on the fact she appeals to common ideals and beliefs and cultivated a relationship with her following.

but she is only happy for this following to engage with her when it’s too agree with her and entirely on her terms.

if she doesn’t want people to have an opinion and share it (however well meaning) with her… then, could she just not… mention she’s pregnant every 5 minutes?

“society makes this hella scary already” er, does it? Isn’t the fact it’s a big biological event to experience? And it’s a huge change in lifestyle? Throwing “society” into her word salads to make it seem like she’s saying something profound 🙄🙄🙄🙄

She really is such a moron

Reactions: 5
so after that essay she shared in her stories about how it’s totally inappropriate for people to share their pregnancy and parenting "horror stories" with her, with a reminder that she will immediately block anyone who does - because she's "vulnerable" and only wants reassurance and support and people to share their positive experiences, she immediately mentions today that - again - she has been "very VERY sick" with huge emphasis on the "very" and a reminder situation is incredibly severe and dangerous.

she says that although she began filming the story with the intention of apologising for her endless pregnancy content and that she's sorry for sharing her experiences with sickness and nausea on a daily basis - duck it! she actually isn't sorry because reminding everyone that she's pregnant at every possible opportunity and talking about her experiences of being pregnant isn't "silly" and throwing up on a daily basis isn't a "hobby" and she refuses to apologise for basing all her content on her pregnancy, because although being pregnancy isn't her whole identity, she IS pregnant and hates living in a society where pregnancy is trivialised and women are supposed to carry on as normal - thus she is going to make a stand against that expectation, presumably by chilling out and reading three books each day, whilst telling everyone that she has suffered from the worst case of pregnancy-induced sickness in the whole world, ever, and has absolutely zero qualms sharing ever detail of her own pregnancy "horror story" - and basically, if people find it distressing or upsetting or scary, bad luck! 🙄🙄

I'm so glad I unfollowed her; even reading this thread is making want to drop-kick her, I don't know if I'd be able to restrain myself from violence if she was spewing this shite all over my IG feed. What a self-absorbed madam she is!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I don't know about anyone else, buy if I have been sick/feeling sick, then the last thing I want to do, is take a photo of myself.

Guess we can't all be self absorbed, attention seeking narcissistics can we Emily?
it seems totally unnecessary to mention that she is struggling with sickness every single day - as though she hasn't made such a huge deal out of that people somehow aren't aware. she already said that she knows she mentions it way too often, yet can't even get through a day without reminding everyone how sick she is - with emphasis on the "very, VERY". it's all for attention - either in the hope she will receive supportive, complimentary DMs or that she will receive negative DMs which she can then share for attention and make huge drama out of people being "mean" when she is so vulnerable, when in actuality, people are just bored of her describing her nausea in such graphic detail. but sure, her personality totally isn't defined by being a pregnant woman. 🙄🙄

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.