Emily Clarkson (em_clarkson)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 1681004

Folks we have an update - it’s not that Em is “too much” for some of us anymore, it’s just all down to our internalised misogny that we find her annoying and morally questionable. *They* did it to Eve too *mic drop*. Em is *literally* just like Taylor Swift.

now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to self reflect and close my eyes because they hurt from rolling into my head so much.
I think a few key words missing from her little tirade are bitter and jealous. Hopefully having a baby will open her eyes to what is actually important in life so she grows up, because at this present moment she offers nothing of any substance.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Her rants make her sound so self pitying, entitled and very. very bitter

And I for one have always liked Taylor swift and her music 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 11
All that money, all that education, all the potential to be something.

Thick as mince this one

🙄🙄🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Even her hypothesis on how female celebs are treated… it’s not exactly right, it’s not her original idea (it’s not even jameela’s) and she’s not even articulating a complex phenomenon very well.
To be clear, she’s right that there’s a trend of the media specifically tearing down young female celebs. (Her idol, Bryon Gordon, actively participated in this in her gossip column actually, but I doubt we’ll ever hear em grill her on that)

what is grotesque is how Emily seems to be grabbing at this phenomenon to soothe her own ego, and dismiss legitimate criticism of her, her behaviour and the way she runs her account. She obviously reads tattle and knows of the criticisms levied at her here, but she never addresses any of them. She doesn’t address why she works with fast fashion when she claims to be a feminist. She doesn’t address why she has decided to work with symprove despite weak evidence it does anything beneficial. Instead she sweeps it all under the rug and thinks of it as “trolling” or her being “too much” or attributing it to internalised misogyny. Easier to do that than face some unpleasant truths I suspect.

the underlying theme of all of Em’s posts - is that they are always, all about her.

Whether she’s promoting a product and pretending it’s great (then it’s about making her money), talking about some social issue (then it’s really about making her seem like the good guy) and then with this instance it’s a bit more on the nose.
She’s obviously drawing parallels between people, disliking Taylor swift and comparing this to herself. Taylor Swift is a decent person and good musician is what Em is saying, with the subtext that she herself is also a good person and the only reason she’s disliked is because of internalised misogyny.

The matter is a very real, serious and difficult issue to tackle. Women can be some of the worst perpetrators of misogny and this makes it harder to call it out - because it can’t be sexist if it has a female stamp of approval, right? It’s a grey area, it’s hard to identify and it’s complex. Most of us will have some of it. But that doesn’t negate some real, well articulated criticisms of how Em is hypocritical and co-opts issues she has no real right to speak on.

Its pretty vile of her to hijack a discussion of it to flatter her own vanity. Also a bit egotistical to compare herself to Taylor Swift, a genuinely talented and creative musician and one of the most successful artists of this century. But then that’s Em down to a T.

On a side note, I remember nearer the start of this thread someone mentioned Em had gone on a rant about being trolled/criticised or spoken badly of somewhere and a lot of tattlers were confused because her thread wasn’t very active at the time. It was felt like she was bigging herself up at the time (she’s a fairly small time influencer), but also that she must’ve been referring to another forum. So I don’t think it’s just tattle that’s driving these rants tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Even her hypothesis on how female celebs are treated… it’s not exactly right, it’s not her original idea (it’s not even jameela’s) and she’s not even articulating a complex phenomenon very well.
To be clear, she’s right that there’s a trend of the media specifically tearing down young female celebs. (Her idol, Bryon Gordon, actively participated in this in her gossip column actually, but I doubt we’ll ever hear em grill her on that)

what is grotesque is how Emily seems to be grabbing at this phenomenon to soothe her own ego, and dismiss legitimate criticism of her, her behaviour and the way she runs her account. She obviously reads tattle and knows of the criticisms levied at her here, but she never addresses any of them. She doesn’t address why she works with fast fashion when she claims to be a feminist. She doesn’t address why she has decided to work with symprove despite weak evidence it does anything beneficial. Instead she sweeps it all under the rug and thinks of it as “trolling” or her being “too much” or attributing it to internalised misogyny. Easier to do that than face some unpleasant truths I suspect.

the underlying theme of all of Em’s posts - is that they are always, all about her.

Whether she’s promoting a product and pretending it’s great (then it’s about making her money), talking about some social issue (then it’s really about making her seem like the good guy) and then with this instance it’s a bit more on the nose.
She’s obviously drawing parallels between people, disliking Taylor swift and comparing this to herself. Taylor Swift is a decent person and good musician is what Em is saying, with the subtext that she herself is also a good person and the only reason she’s disliked is because of internalised misogyny.

The matter is a very real, serious and difficult issue to tackle. Women can be some of the worst perpetrators of misogny and this makes it harder to call it out - because it can’t be sexist if it has a female stamp of approval, right? It’s a grey area, it’s hard to identify and it’s complex. Most of us will have some of it. But that doesn’t negate some real, well articulated criticisms of how Em is hypocritical and co-opts issues she has no real right to speak on.

Its pretty vile of her to hijack a discussion of it to flatter her own vanity. Also a bit egotistical to compare herself to Taylor Swift, a genuinely talented and creative musician and one of the most successful artists of this century. But then that’s Em down to a T.

On a side note, I remember nearer the start of this thread someone mentioned Em had gone on a rant about being trolled/criticised or spoken badly of somewhere and a lot of tattlers were confused because her thread wasn’t very active at the time. It was felt like she was bigging herself up at the time (she’s a fairly small time influencer), but also that she must’ve been referring to another forum. So I don’t think it’s just tattle that’s driving these rants tbh.
But it's tattle she comes back to constantly and has hunted down people that use here.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
To be honest I think most influencers use the trolling narrative to garner sympathy. But when people actually have opinions, not trolling, but perhaps genuine legitimate concerns about what they are promoting/their message etc. then they can't actually handle it. What she needs to understand is, if she comes at her audience with such strong opinions and beliefs, then she has to understand that not everyone is going to agree. Not everyone is going to want what she is selling and that her 'career' is sustained on her having to sell things in order to make money, and people may question that. You can't allow yourself to be an 'influencer' and promote products and deliver strong ideologies without people responding, positively or negatively, it doesn't make people trolls!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
But it's tattle she comes back to constantly and has hunted down people that use here.
Yep - her ranting about people who disagree with her (not trolls Em!) And Tattle is what drives folk here.

Interestingly, she's not got THAT big an audience - but the ONLY reason she has/is making as much money is because of what 🤔
That's right, her name!

Now - remind me - why has Emily not changed her surname since her marriage? Could it be that Emily Andrews has no interest, therefore no money?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Yep - her ranting about people who disagree with her (not trolls Em!) And Tattle is what drives folk here.

Interestingly, she's not got THAT big an audience - but the ONLY reason she has/is making as much money is because of what 🤔
That's right, her name!

Now - remind me - why has Emily not changed her surname since her marriage? Could it be that Emily Andrews has no interest, therefore no money?
Expect a ranty post about how sexist it is to expect a woman to change her name after marriage…

She’s written before about how her blog, admittedly something she only thought was written by her mother -
”I was so lucky to be actually approached to write it, the idea, although being a distant dream, had never occurred to me as an actual possibility so it was all a bit weird in terms of the process (normally you write the book and then take it to an agent who finds you a publisher, I did it all back to front)”.

this is really unusual, especially a 23 year old writing a mediocre and not especially high profile blog.

people know Jeremy Clarkson but her mother, Frances Cain, is well connected. She was Jeremy Clarkson’s manager when his media career was taking off and arguably the main reason he was successful. She was his manager for years before they divorced in 2014. She’s very low profile. I’d say she’ll have definitely utilised her own connections to help em, and her dads name and connections doesn’t hurt either.

Reactions: 4
Do we know how many people she's actually tried to find? I remember someone (sorry I can't remember who) mentioned their friend was essentially attacked by her and her friends/family. Such odd behaviour

Reactions: 5
Expect a ranty post about how sexist it is to expect a woman to change her name after marriage…

She’s written before about how her blog, admittedly something she only thought was written by her mother -
”I was so lucky to be actually approached to write it, the idea, although being a distant dream, had never occurred to me as an actual possibility so it was all a bit weird in terms of the process (normally you write the book and then take it to an agent who finds you a publisher, I did it all back to front)”.

this is really unusual, especially a 23 year old writing a mediocre and not especially high profile blog.

people know Jeremy Clarkson but her mother, Frances Cain, is well connected. She was Jeremy Clarkson’s manager when his media career was taking off and arguably the main reason he was successful. She was his manager for years before they divorced in 2014. She’s very low profile. I’d say she’ll have definitely utilised her own connections to help em, and her dads name and connections doesn’t hurt either.

*being read by her mother 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Do we know how many people she's actually tried to find? I remember someone (sorry I can't remember who) mentioned their friend was essentially attacked by her and her friends/family. Such odd behaviour
It was my friend. The abusive messages were so bad my friend deleted all her social media. She even got a friend request from the mother!!

• Wow
bloody hell.

what made them target her?!
She had been commenting on here. She hadn't posted anything negative on Emily's sm or sent her a message. But randomly she sent my friend 2 dms containing my friends username here and then very quickly after that the abuse started.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I know of someone she went after - accused her of being on here.
Had an abusive message on Insta - but she had no clue how/why Em went after her.

• Wow
  • Sad
I don't think that's the only person she tracked down either. Someone I know got a message about being on this thread as well (but isn't actually on Tattle, so is the wrong person 😂) That's what brought me to her thread as I thought it seemed like harassment..
She also "tracked" someone I know, who wasn't actually on Tattle.. quoted myself to show

• Wow
It was my friend. The abusive messages were so bad my friend deleted all her social media. She even got a friend request from the mother!!
it's interesting that Em and so many other influencers create platforms dedicated to ING their own opinions, but anyone who disagrees with them or even has a slightly different opinion, and those who use alternate public platforms like tattle to share their own opinions are immediately labeled trolls and bullies, because Em et al simply cannot cope with anyone daring to disagree with her/criticise her/share opposing opinions to her own.

yet the comments and discussions on tattle remain on tattle - it's entirely Em's choice to dedicate her time scrolling thu these threads, and using what she reads to fuel posts and rants about bullies and trolling etc - failing to realise that she is the only one actively seeking out specific individuals and flooding their DMs with nasty, abusive messages to the point she's encouraging her family and friends to join in with the bullying and being so nasty that people actually feel their only option is to deactivate their account. if anylendared to treat Em so abhorrently, she'd be ranting about it immediately, pushing that #bekind mantra and lapping up sympathy and support from her followers. but really Em, who is the bully in this situation. anonymous strangers discussing their opinions of you on an anon forum, that you never have to read unless you specifically chose to, or your behaviour of sending personalised, abusive messages directly to individuals - especially while simultaneously using the hashtag #bekind. total hypcisy. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.