Emily Clarkson (em_clarkson)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I completely respect all your opinions on p3 , I just feel we shouldn’t demonise women for posing top less and monetising off it . The sport is more explicit and I just don’t buy it , it’s not aimed at me lol With the sun the girls were unedited back in the day and boobs were natural , I remember seeing a model with stretch marks on her hip and was like wow I have them too . Rather than the airbrushed pics of celebs at the time , now Instagram models editing their pics . Boobs are fabulous , there was a good range of small boobs and big boobs , they also had a plus size page three called Lucy vixen who looked amazing and v popular with fans etc .
I test shot for page three myself , I felt safe and I never once felt pressured . They used to operate a “woman only” closed set and no men allowed . I didn’t make the cut but I found the whole experience to be empowering and liberating . But that’s just my opinion , I’m sure it would be others worst nightmare lol

I agree that you cannot be a feminist in being pro woman in one sentence and in the next , bashing other women’s career or appearance choices . Men are gonna sexualise women whether clothes are on or off . I’ve never felt vulnerable on a photoshoot but I’ve felt scared for my life in public being cat called or followed when I’m fully clothed in public etc

we need to look at the misogyny of men here rather than bash women . However ,every single person is entitled to their opinion and that’s why I bloody love tattle ❤
no one is basing or criticising the page 3 models though

Reactions: 1
I hate that she advertises tu clothing - aka fast fashion, whilst simultaneously claiming to be feminist. Or rather, co-opting feminist stances to boost her image.

there is no real way for fast fashion to be sustainable. It doesn’t matter how much they try and greenwash or how many policies they put in place - if they are creating frequent, cheap clothing lines with factories abroad - its categorically
Unsustainable

The industry requires an entire overhaul of its supply chains - the supply chains that exploit and underpay female garment workers more often than not, making it both a sustainable and a feminist issue.

so the fact Em can go on camera and rave about how “great” the clothing is, makes her a direct perpetrator of these problems. An active participant in patriarchal systems - so she can make some money.

And she has the nerve to get all political and holier than thou. Em, the worlds problems don’t rest at the feet of dodgy politicians. Project onto them all you want - YOU are part of the problem and have no right to pretend otherwise.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I hate that she advertises tu clothing - aka fast fashion, whilst simultaneously claiming to be feminist. Or rather, co-opting feminist stances to boost her image.

there is no real way for fast fashion to be sustainable. It doesn’t matter how much they try and greenwash or how many policies they put in place - if they are creating frequent, cheap clothing lines with factories abroad - its categorically
Unsustainable

The industry requires an entire overhaul of its supply chains - the supply chains that exploit and underpay female garment workers more often than not, making it both a sustainable and a feminist issue.

so the fact Em can go on camera and rave about how “great” the clothing is, makes her a direct perpetrator of these problems. An active participant in patriarchal systems - so she can make some money.

And she has the nerve to get all political and holier than thou. Em, the worlds problems don’t rest at the feet of dodgy politicians. Project onto them all you want - YOU are part of the problem and have no right to pretend otherwise.
Well, for these "feminist" types - you know, Em/MM - they like to pretend to give a tit.

But when a real issue (Women being stoned to death for not wearing the garments required by men, women having to prostitute themselves in order to live) they are eerily quiet. And do precious little to help (other than some virtue signalling rants on Insta)

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Wow. Emily Clarkson. First person to ever get pregnant 🙄
Quoting myself. Like a loser

Seriously. Em. Have a word with yourself.

Women get up and go to work (while pregnant) often in uncomfortable work uniforms, putting in long hours, long commutes AND running a home.

Get a bleeping grip. Leggings and jumper/top is all you need for dancing around your kitchen pretending you give a crap about your followers.

Reactions: 8
Quoting myself. Like a loser

Seriously. Em. Have a word with yourself.

Women get up and go to work (while pregnant) often in uncomfortable work uniforms, putting in long hours, long commutes AND running a home.

Get a bleeping grip. Leggings and jumper/top is all you need for dancing around your kitchen pretending you give a crap about your followers.
What's she done now? I unfollowed her and don't want to give her the viewing figures by going back to look!

Reactions: 3
She was promoting Tu clothing so it wouldn’t surprise me if this was an angle to potentially plug their clothing ranges and any potential maternity wear? Who knows.

the head in the toilet bowl selfie… dear Lord get a grip woman.

she rationalises that she’s doing this to “raise awareness” so people know they “aren’t alone”. It’s not at all vain guys, it’s not to be dramatic and attention seeking. It’s to ✨raise awareness✨

I just don’t buy that for a second. Maybe that’s what she tells herself. The reason she does it, is because it cultivates a type of fake friendship with her insta audience. She speaks to them directly, acts like she’s just your bestie sharing personal details of her life with you. It creates a sense of trust which she then utilises to make money. You trust her when she recommends a product because, she’s your bestie right? You follow her because she echos back what you like to hear, validates your experiences.

Em is a special breed of influencer that hides her intentions behind a legitimate social cause. In this case, she’s just “raising awareness” to make sure no one feels “alone”. A public service announcement really, it’s just her being noble, not vain. It’s just a happy coincidence she makes money form doing it, and can pat herself on the back for being so progressive and enlightened.

some people don’t realise what she’s about, a lot of people see right through her.

Reactions: 9
I also think the tu clothing promotion is to possibly work with them. Ashley James (can’t stand her) does edits with them for their breast feeding friendly items. I can totally see em having her eyes on them and hoping to work with them.

As a mum myself I would much rather see genuine and normal mums modelling the clothing. I don’t need or care for some z lister doing it. I just hate “influencers”. They influence me NOT to shop with that company particularly when I am effectively paying for all the gifted items.

Reactions: 11
she rationalises that she’s doing this to “raise awareness” so people know they “aren’t alone”. It’s not at all vain guys, it’s not to be dramatic and attention seeking. It’s to ✨raise awareness✨
To raise awareness of morning sickness? Are we not aware of that already?

Reactions: 3
To raise awareness of morning sickness? Are we not aware of that already?
many people may have experienced morning sickness, the majority of people are aware of morning sickness - but nobody has experienced EM'S morning sickness, and Em's nausea and morning sickness is obviously the worst and most dramatic morning sickness EVER! y'know, just like she is the *only* pregnant woman to wear leggings and oversized jumpers, or to order loose, baggy dresses, and the only pregnant woman to fall asleep on the sofa in the early evening. hell, she is basically the first pregnant woman to exist in the whole entire world, thus she will use such a unique and unusual experience to her full advantage - to create content and snap up as many ads and brand deals with maternity clothes and #gifted baby items etc as possible. 🤦🏻‍♀️

look on the bright side Em, at least your pregnancy had miraculously cured your gluten intolerance! 👌🏻🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Omg the bloody symprove crap. Honestly she’s like one of those cringe shopping channel presenters. give it up, nobody wants to spend a smal fortune (£150 for 3 months) on a little bio drink when eating some yoghurt would probably do the trick for the vast majority of people.

my understanding is, the company suggest you need to do the full 12 week course to really see results and they suggest sticking to the product to keep everything in “balance”. But with good probiotics… it doesn’t take 12 weeks to start seeing results. The ingredients and probiotic strains in this product, are bog standard and nothing special.

Tons of influencers and d listers are being paid to promote this and it’s all crap. When, in the history of amazing products, has a product had to rely on being pushed by Zlisters? Good product stands on its own. If they need to overhype it through promotions then it’s probably not a good product.

it’s tone deaf that she keeps plugging this.

Reactions: 9
Omg the bloody symprove crap. Honestly she’s like one of those cringe shopping channel presenters. give it up, nobody wants to spend a smal fortune (£150 for 3 months) on a little bio drink when eating some yoghurt would probably do the trick for the vast majority of people.

my understanding is, the company suggest you need to do the full 12 week course to really see results and they suggest sticking to the product to keep everything in “balance”. But with good probiotics… it doesn’t take 12 weeks to start seeing results. The ingredients and probiotic strains in this product, are bog standard and nothing special.

Tons of influencers and d listers are being paid to promote this and it’s all crap. When, in the history of amazing products, has a product had to rely on being pushed by Zlisters? Good product stands on its own. If they need to overhype it through promotions then it’s probably not a good product.

it’s tone deaf that she keeps plugging this.
Plus the only people that constantly rave about it don't actually pay for the product themselves!

Reactions: 12
She’s a literalsnake oil salesman, and every bit as grubby.

The reality is, no one is quite sure how it gut biomes and probiotics relate or how impactful probiotics are. There’s not much that’s been conclusive.

A whole industry has sprung up with supplements promoting gut health - referring to this vague medical understanding and simplifying it for the average consumer. The market is unregulated as probiotics are considered food supplements, not medicinal. This means the arent subject to any rigorous form of testing or regulation that might apply if they were regulated as medicine.

the reality is the vast majority of probiotics do next to nothing, and that’s assuming what they list as ingredients are even what’s inside the pill.

gut health, like overall health, is a long term effort that can’t be maintained by a magic pill or shot of liquid.

the NHS have released guidance on it, which states “there's little evidence to support many health claims made about [probiotics]”

Em surely must understand this. Surely this social warrior and advocate for just causes, wouldn’t advertise something that she could quickly google and realise is mostly bollocks? Surely any halfway ethical person, wouldn’t just advertise anything for the sake of some money, despite deep down knowing it’s likely a placebo at best? Because that would make her an utter hypocrite and she’s *definitely* not that, she’s just “not for everyone” and anyone who dislikes her is just a troll and she’s just not for them, nothing to do with her being a piece of work at allllll.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
3BB73C53-9615-4744-B096-3AA8A4D5E864.jpeg

Folks we have an update - it’s not that Em is “too much” for some of us anymore, it’s just all down to our internalised misogny that we find her annoying and morally questionable. *They* did it to Eve too *mic drop*. Em is *literally* just like Taylor Swift.

now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to self reflect and close my eyes because they hurt from rolling into my head so much.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.