Emily Canham #4 She's that boring we can't even think of a title suggestion...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is how I interpret their relationship...

Personally I don't think he has thrown her out or broken up with her or anything like that. I think she genuinely is close with her family and was desperate to see them as soon as she could.

In terms of the relationship looking bad over lockdown - I think they're just very different in terms of how private they are. Emily wants attention for every tiny thing she can possibly milk. Whereas James only seems to want public attention for his music. Probably partly an age thing and partly personality type.

I think actually their relationship is fairly stable etc.

BUT, I don't think they're madly in love either. I think they get on well enough but they're not amazing together or anything.

James works hard and music is his number one priority and he doesn't give Emily as much attention or fuss as she'd like. This upsets Emily but James barely notices because he's so different and so much older that it wouldn't even have occured to him that Emily desperately wants to brag to her audience. For example, on her birthday James was probably working from home and couldn't spend the entire day fussing over Emily. He thought that having cake and singing to her in the evening was enough. Which realistically it is - the majority of older adults would just low-key celebrate their birthday in the evenings and chill. But being a youtuber who wants to vlog the whole day and show off "relationship goals", this was a let down to Emily and makes him look bad on her vlog.

I think Emily would be much happier with someone like Jake who is also into social media and makes Emily look adored. But she likes being with James because he's famous and linked to Mcfly, which makes her feel important. So she's always a bit sad and torn because she can't dump a member of Busted but he doesn't make her happy and he's oblivious to "relationship goals" etc.

I don't know why James is with Emily though... Maybe it's simply that she's beautiful and acts like a housewife which makes his life easy because all he wants to do is music.

Reactions: 21
And (I think) at the very start of their relationship they went to Venice(?) - there is only 1 photo of this trip on her socials, and it is just of her.

With both Jake and Charlie the relationship took centre stage, and she probably imagined it would be the same with James except maybe more 'glamorous' and #goals as he is semi-famous. She was obviously hoping she could milk that cow for a while instead she has to rely on her annoying little sister for content.
Can we talk about that Venice trip for a minute because I find it hilarious...Emily full on pretended that she was there to attend the Venice Film Festival, which was going on at the same time. I remembered thinking it was odd because she literally made no other mention to the trip or the Venice Film Festival except for a picture on Instagram which looks photoshopped, that's like going to the Oscars and not mentioning it. A few months lather she was humble bragging about how James had surprised her with a trip away to Venice. She's pathological in her attempt to look like she has a glamorous life online.

Reactions: 13
I would say no not at the moment sue can't bubble. She has been with someone else for three or four months now. If she went to her flat in London and quarantined for two weeks fair enough she can bubble but she can't at the moment because she hasn't been alone. Also she can only bubble with one household so she shouldn't have visited her sister and then gone to her parents.
Why do influencers think lockdown is over.. She didn't even consider the rules.. She doesn't even know if we still have to socially distance.. just cos resteraunts are open she thinks the virus has vanished

Reactions: 11
Noone knows for sure, but I know not many boyfriends emily can get can give her what James did. He from the looks spoiled her rotten. He's taken her magical places. He has beautiful homes, more importantly a ticket to the fame world. He knows people and definitely knows her boyband crush she's been obsessed with since she was like 10. I personally think James has done everything he can, he's been the good boyfriend but Emily being Emily and spoilt wanting more, never satisfied. James obviously knows she lies and I don't think he wants all that bullshit in his life and she doesn't deserve any of those nice things.

Think James just needs a quiet girlfriend who's not all about fame. I think it's become children sibling play with them who can get the most views and likes. That's what it has got to. James needs a stable, quiet, genuine woman. Not a stupid fake witch.
Is that you James??👋

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Emily Canham #5 - compulsive liar, maid service supplier, lockdown breach denier, oh my gosh you guys, this relationship is DIRE.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
He took her to summer time ball when they played with jonas brothers, and it seemed that she cared more about meeting Sophia turner and the Jonas brothers than supporting him. I just don’t think he likes the constant camrea in his face.

My brother met Jake at a V fest many many years ago and they made friends and had champagne breakfast together and apprently he wouldn’t shut up about Emily (my brother had no clue who he was or Emily was) so would deffo say he was madly in love.

Maybe he would enjoy their relationship more if she didn’t have to film constantly, maybe he would of sat with her to open her cards if a camrea hadn’t been there?
I agree that a big part of why she is with him is just for the fame, an possibly about the camera thing but i know my boyfriend would take a couple birthday shots with me at least or blow up some balloons , its her birthday let it be what she wants for that day. Thats not about how much fame you want or how much you want to be in front of the camera, he's a singer im sure he doesnt hate media attention so much that he wouldnt take some birthday shots with his girlfriend for insta.
As for the other comment of how could he be a better boyfriend bc he was so great? I dont think he's terrible but i can list about 20 ways he could be a better boyfriend lol

This is how I interpret their relationship...

Personally I don't think he has thrown her out or broken up with her or anything like that. I think she genuinely is close with her family and was desperate to see them as soon as she could.

In terms of the relationship looking bad over lockdown - I think they're just very different in terms of how private they are. Emily wants attention for every tiny thing she can possibly milk. Whereas James only seems to want public attention for his music. Probably partly an age thing and partly personality type.

I think actually their relationship is fairly stable etc.

BUT, I don't think they're madly in love either. I think they get on well enough but they're not amazing together or anything.

James works hard and music is his number one priority and he doesn't give Emily as much attention or fuss as she'd like. This upsets Emily but James barely notices because he's so different and so much older that it wouldn't even have occured to him that Emily desperately wants to brag to her audience. For example, on her birthday James was probably working from home and couldn't spend the entire day fussing over Emily. He thought that having cake and singing to her in the evening was enough. Which realistically it is - the majority of older adults would just low-key celebrate their birthday in the evenings and chill. But being a youtuber who wants to vlog the whole day and show off "relationship goals", this was a let down to Emily and makes him look bad on her vlog.

I think Emily would be much happier with someone like Jake who is also into social media and makes Emily look adored. But she likes being with James because he's famous and linked to Mcfly, which makes her feel important. So she's always a bit sad and torn because she can't dump a member of Busted but he doesn't make her happy and he's oblivious to "relationship goals" etc.

I don't know why James is with Emily though... Maybe it's simply that she's beautiful and acts like a housewife which makes his life easy because all he wants to do is music.
I agree i just know i would not be happy in that relationship, she is young and she should really be with someone who she has loads of chemistry with, their relationship just seems like an old married couple, not sure why she'd stay

Reactions: 12

some photos there, nice to see James parents took in Gabby’s dog after she brought the dog over from NYC when she moved over to Southend.
Wowzas? Those are some strong genes his Dad has! Nice the little dog is cared for, but how could she leave him/her?

Emily Canham #5 - compulsive liar, maid service supplier, lockdown breach denier, oh my gosh you guys, this relationship is DIRE.
Winner! (Imo)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Not to defend him but he's most likely done the whole travel thing during the band's peak. When you have to travel for work, the last thing you want to do on your down time is travel some more, I think most would be happy to hide away in their homes for a bit. The life that Emily is looking for with James has long gone since she was what, 10 years old during his peak? The age gap really doesn't help.
True not so much the travelling but the amount of effort he seems to put into the relationship is very minimal

Reactions: 1
Persoanlly I don't really understand the critcism he got over her birthday. We don't know the whole story, frankly her blowing up balloons was probably because she needed content for the vlog.

A lot of guys might have made more fuss but I dont think he is a big gesture guy. You shouldn't change who you are for a relationship (unless of course you are an abusive piece of trash).

James's apparent lack of fuss over her birthday in many ways reminded me of how my dad is with my mum. He would take her out for a meal for her birthday but he wouldn't cook her a meal. He thinks birthday cards are a waste of money and balloons are terrible for the environment so he wouldn't do those things either 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Persoanlly I don't really understand the critcism he got over her birthday. We don't know the whole story, frankly her blowing up balloons was probably because she needed content for the vlog.

A lot of guys might have made more fuss but I dont think he is a big gesture guy. You shouldn't change who you are for a relationship (unless of course you are an abusive piece of trash).

James's apparent lack of fuss over her birthday in many ways reminded me of how my dad is with my mum. He would take her out for a meal for her birthday but he wouldn't cook her a meal. He thinks birthday cards are a waste of money and balloons are terrible for the environment so he wouldn't do those things either 🤷‍♀️
I get what your saying, but surely the whole point of celebrating someones birthday is doing what they like doing. My boyfriend hates balloons too and thinks they're annoying and showy, but you best believe that on my birthday its balloons galore!! It's because its what makes me happy, there are 364 other days he can moan about balloons, just not on my birthday. Same with James and Emily, if he cared enough to see her happy and to want her to have the best birthday she could, given the circumstances, he really really could have put a lot more effort in. I'm sorry to hear about your Mum, poor woman, hope someone cooks for her one day.

Reactions: 12
I get what your saying, but surely the whole point of celebrating someones birthday is doing what they like doing. My boyfriend hates balloons too and thinks they're annoying and showy, but you best believe that on my birthday its balloons galore!! It's because its what makes me happy, there are 364 other days he can moan about balloons, just not on my birthday. Same with James and Emily, if he cared enough to see her happy and to want her to have the best birthday she could, given the circumstances, he really really could have put a lot more effort in. I'm sorry to hear about your Mum, poor woman, hope someone cooks for her one day.
I agree when its someone elses birthday you do what they want! He didnt even take her out for a meal though like the previous person was saying about their dad. He didnt do one thing for her birthday when im sure he knew how much it wouldve meant for her, she was missing her parents a lot and he couldve blown up the balloons for her even if it was just for an insta photo op. He didnt even get her a gift, not one gift for your gf of 2 years? That is not "hes not a big gesture guy" and that starts to move into "not a good bf guy" he knows Emily cares about that. Name one thing he has made a fuss about for her? Doing a big gesture for someone shows that things in their life is a big deal to you, My bf is really shy and quiet and for my graduation he came and had signs and balloons and made a big fuss over me bc he knows that thats something id like

Reactions: 6
I agree when its someone elses birthday you do what they want! He didnt even take her out for a meal though like the previous person was saying about their dad. He didnt do one thing for her birthday when im sure he knew how much it wouldve meant for her, she was missing her parents a lot and he couldve blown up the balloons for her even if it was just for an insta photo op. He didnt even get her a gift, not one gift for your gf of 2 years? That is not "hes not a big gesture guy" and that starts to move into "not a good bf guy" he knows Emily cares about that. Name one thing he has made a fuss about for her? Doing a big gesture for someone shows that things in their life is a big deal to you, My bf is really shy and quiet and for my graduation he came and had signs and balloons and made a big fuss over me bc he knows that thats something id like
I do think he could have done more but I don’t think it’s right to say he did nothing and didn’t get her a gift. I don’t think their relationship is great but we don’t see much of it, I don’t doubt that he would have got her a gift. I just think she has chosen not to show it. I honestly think she loves the clout that she gets from portraying their relationship in the way that she does regardless of whether it’s entirely accurate or not

He got her a gift alright...it was a bleeping remote control Land Rover 😂 I think she was expecting a real one!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I would imagine Emily is quite high maintenance and has obviously been in relationships where she is the centre of attention and pandered to. Jake is a notable example of this - showering her with expensive gifts, being completely besotted and you could tell that he found her very attractive. Even Charlie to a certain extent - he did move in with her, sold his car, became her personal chauffeur and even ignored his work responsbilities to go on a last minute Disney cruise with her. Also her dynamic with Adam illustrates this - she picks him up and drops him whenever she feels like it.

James is a completely different ball game. Of course we will never know the reality of their relationship - maybe she has done a complete 180° and is super chilled/low maintenance or maybe he is very affectionate off camera.

The birthday vlog does not portray their relationship in a good light, but I'm sure Emily would have realised that (she's not silly). She likes to play the victim and all the speculation regarding her relationship with James will just drum up her engagement and make her seem 'oh so mysterious'.

Ps. Did someone actually write a song about her?

If she wasn't intolerable before, she will be now!

Reactions: 10
Ps. Did someone actually write a song about her?

If she wasn't intolerable before, she will be now!
100% an agreement she’s come to with them/they’ve probably paid her cause it’s essentially an ad innit
Easy promo for them to her young girl faN base and also a way for her to be like LOOK JAMES
Win win.

100% an agreement she’s come to with them/they’ve probably paid her cause it’s essentially an ad innit
Easy promo for them to her young girl faN base and also a way for her to be like LOOK JAMES
Win win.
they're trying to promoting the song through famous Emilys. Emily Atack got a tweet as well...so yeah, not really about you hun 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She definitely claimed a few months back that James had written a song about her. I think it was on Twitter or in a vlog. Which is why I was confused when she was giving out in the live that he hadn't. EmLie strikes again. The thing is, a good liar needs a good memory!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.