Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Oh for Christ’s sake. Some of these comments are why men don’t get convicted of rape and serious sexual assault. It’s the same reason why loads of young girls got exploited because everyone assumed as girls they were asking for it. This is why we still have to say to women, we know some men are rajed, so don’t have a good time when you go out just incase. Ffs.
Most women share posts about ‘being kind’ or ‘girls supporting girls’ ‘straightening crowns’ and all that bollocks, but when it comes to a women reporting something around sex, we are still saying women ‘ask for it’, ‘because she’s wearing a bikini’ ‘coz she’s wearing a low cut top’. And if that woman is attractive, she especially can’t be upset by the attention, or there’s something dodge as to why it’s being discussed, as if only ugly women can be upset at sexual assault because no one would expect anyone to go near them. I’m so angry at some of these comments. God help if any of you get on a fucking jury.
You only have to read and hear what she is saying; in the past, that she learnt early on that being ‘sexually overt’ got her attention especially when other girls were having a go at her for having tits and stuff. How many women learnt that as a teenager if the girls don’t like you, the boys will. and how many of those girls did we all see at school and (much to my shame) laugh about, but wouldn’t be mates with ourselves, the ones with the boyfriend with the car? No one ever questioned why those boys got the vulnerable young pretty girls 🤷🏻‍♀️ and no girls ever gave those girls a chance to have girl mates, apart from them seeking similar girls to hang out with, the ‘slags’
And for those of us between the ladette era and things now, where ‘cool girl’ was the thing, with lads mags about etc. We had it drilled in to us, fit girls get love and she found it gave her what she needed. And that was so wrong.
But just because she is quite overt about her sexuality now, it doesn’t mean that she is asking for the things she gets sent. I mean, Sarah millican also talks about sex, but we don’t seem to be saying (if she got those messages) that she asks for it.
And despite the people here saying it doesn’t happen, look at any young influencers insta. It’s full of old men and oddballs commenting ‘so sexy, I’m single’. Just coz it’s open and it’s on a hash tag it doesn’t mean you have a right to comment. And just coz a women shared a snap where she feels good, then it doesn’t mean it’s open season.
Most importantly though, why aren’t women saying more of ‘who the fuck sends rape threats over text, that’s not normal’ when women receive them from seemingly normal people. Coz if a bloke came into the workplace and started saying that out loud, we would all be concerned and people would be raising hell about the weirdo doing that. Even if it would never actually happen. Look at how local social media stories go, the apparently dodgy old man sat in the park etc, there tonnes of people calling out behaviours that don’t even happen and spreading crap about something innocent and people jump on the pervert bandwagon. I’ve had to tell my lovely kind dad not to talk to babies in the park when he takes his grandkids, because of people like that.
But seemingly, send rape threats over a phone or to a famous person and it’s ok? That’s mental point of view for people to hold. But yet reading this thread people obviously view things that way. And then we question why sexual exploitation is still happening now and we still have issues around women being raped beaten and killed by men- because women like some on this thread make it seem to men that we will still put up with it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Some of these comments are absolutely pathetic.

Emily, or indeed any woman, can wear a bikini and put the photo on Instagram
They can talk about sex
They can wear a short skirt
They can even have an Only Fans

It doesn’t mean that they are giving permission for anyone to send unsolicited messages.

She has never asked for it and anyone who thinks that has an absolutely warped mind and is absolutely part of the problem

I have never had an opinion of her either way but I applaud her for bringing this into the limelight

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 50

LittleBirdie

VIP Member
Does anyone else feel she was about to get negative press or has been caught doing something she shouldn’t so has pulled this out instead. Something is not sitting right with it. The whole comment about playing a character in Inbetweeners I understand but what was her excuse on Celebrity Juice. That was all her! And then her stand up show was 70 percent talking about sex. None of this makes sense. I feel like she’s cried wolf and it’s backfired so she’s now using sexual assault as a way out.
It comes across that you’re suggesting because she talks about sex or is sexually liberated, she “asks for it” when it comes to dick pics. If so, it genuinely makes me feel sad. I would expect that women should be able to say what they want, wear what they want and have sex as they want without any man thinking he can send an unsolicited dick pic. We’re obviously all entitled to our opinions but women get blamed for mens actions all too frequently.

It may be driven by publicity but regardless, on this occasion I agree 100% with what she’s saying.

• Heart
Reactions: 49

Emerald37

VIP Member
I couldn't stand her before and now my hate for her is even worse. She is a nothing but a slut. It's no wonder that that can't get her own boyfriend because who in their right mind would want to commit to that! She's the biggest slut going.
Any comment on how slutty Grealish is then..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I’m not a massive fan of Emily but her being axed from the inbetweeners reunion was complete bullshit. The fact that JB used his influence to ban her from the show speaks volumes about what a controlling twat he is and it’s deeply misogynistic behaviour. Shame on the producers for enabling it.
Also let’s stop the slut shaming shall we? Christ, let’s actually focus on the men who are the ones cheating and betraying their partners. Whilst I won’t applaud her behaviours we don’t know what lines she was being fed and what these men were saying to her “my relationship is over” etc etc

Reactions: 47

EllaBella89

VIP Member
My bottom line about it is, unless a woman asks for a dick pic, don’t you fucking dare. Unless a woman has made it clear she would like to engage in that kind of talk with you, don’t you fucking dare. I’m seriously fed up of certain men thinking they are owed a woman’s time, and she should be grateful for the attention. There was a time these men would be written off as socially awkward or incels, but the more you dig, the more you’ll find fathers, married men engaging in this shit. Boils down to the Madonna / whore complex a lot of them have, which is NOT the problem of the victim they’ve targeted with their bullshit. I’m not a fan of Emily’s, I find her profoundly unfunny, but I will always, always, always defend someone who is getting blamed for the bad behaviour of disrespectful morons with no self control.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

frillylilly

Chatty Member
I find Emily incredibly irritating but looking at the latest comments on this thread, it's no wonder women are having to make documentaries like hers.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
View attachment 1183093

Here's an idea ... stop getting your publicist to send pictures with your ***'s hanging out to national newspapers every ten seconds. This woman is an embarrassment. It's like she enjoys goading the weirdo men, so that it gives her an excuse to get a story about herself written. Does a diservice to women who have REAL issues with domestic violence etc. etc. Makes me feel sick.

1970 rang. They want their attitude back.
I don't rate her much but posting sexualised pics is NO EXCUSE for rape threats. None at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

House of Tea

VIP Member
I don’t like her, but she should not be blamed for what these perverts are doing to her. It is good she is highlighting it. Honestly, women have enough to do trying to navigate this sometimes scary world. She is the victim here.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

kev1974

VIP Member
I'm still trying to work out why we are supposed to care, it's 14 years - 14 years - since the end of The Inbetweeners that she had a bit-part in, and what has she done since then, a few episodes of Dancing on Ice and a shit chat show?

Absolutely outstanding success at staying in the headlines with no substance behind her whatsoever :ROFLMAO: Meghan Markle should bin off her expensive agents and just ask Emily what her secret is!

• Haha
Reactions: 38

Yupyupyup

VIP Member
Imagine being that much work that you have to shag family because no one else can be arsed with you 🤣

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35

Tinybelle24

The person named in the daily mail is Al Garner. His dad was married to Emily’s auntie. They all grew up together from a very young age. Unfortunately the uncle has recently died so I can’t imagine this has helped. He was the man in the paper with her who they called a Richard Gere look alike. The family was all so close but don’t seem to be now.
---
When the uncle died she did a whole post on Instagram for him calling him her uncle. Needless to say that has now been deleted.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 33

Sogdhitalley

VIP Member
What are your thoughts on her?
I used to really like her but lately I find her a bit try hard and desperate to be relatable.

• Heart

Tinybelle24

Emily? Martha? That you?
I like her. Saw her one woman live show "Talk Thirty To Me" and she's clever, funny and articulate. She is also natural and pretty, not like most of the up-their-own-ass influencer and reality show stars on tv today, and I certainly would put her over and above the disgusting piece of 💩 Katie Price who took delight screeching hollering in her rush to put her down for daring to talk about her. Great to hear she's now expecting her first child, happy time in her life, be pleased for her.
---

They're not related, stigma's only being attached cos they grew up as part of a a blended family. If they're happy, let them be. They're not doing anything illegal.
---

She's great, clever and funny.
---

Nuclear scientist

• Haha

Tyla73

VIP Member
Going after a man with a gf makes you a slut

annoys me how the men with the gfs get away with the shaming more, but the girls who go after taken men shouldn’t be held less accountable because of this
Yep, it’s not cool to pursue someone who is a relationship but a person can’t be stolen like a handbag. The person who is in a relationship is more accountable. It’s not Emily Atack who made promises of fidelity to Jack Grealish’s girlfriend is it? That would be him.

And slut is a horrible, misogynistic word whoever is using it.

JB is clearly also a scumbag in that situation and it takes two to tango but she was secondary character in the show so it doesn’t change anything that she wasn’t there.
The fact it doesn’t change anything about the show is irrelevant. Who is James Buckley to ‘ban’ her from anywhere, especially a paying job, just because he feels weird about the fact they snogged years ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Badirene

VIP Member
The comments are saying stuff like "it doesn't matter"... "is step cousin a thing"
"Not blood related so what does it matter!" Me, an adoptee reading this and wondering how some of my family feel about me 👀:sick:

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 31