Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rondoodle

VIP Member
This comment is not just about Em but this generation of influencers in general...but seeing as we are here having this discussion I'll leave it here. Em, maybe it will give you some food for thought.

Being criticized in any way isn't fun. But it is a part of life and its how we grow and better ourselves. I come from a professional corporate background. Regular appraisals are the norm as is being pulled up on things you can do better. You have a line manager. And then their manager and then a head of department and so on. People are there to help you to do better and a part of that is being able to accept that you aren't always right and you haven't gone about things in the best way.

I'm my own boss now. I have 4 people who work for me. But I can't imagine what it would have been like to go to being my own boss from university. How to do you learn anything?! How do you learn self appraisal? I don't know.

And then you get to a place where all you want is validation and people to tell you how wonderful you are. Your self esteem becomes linked to this. I'd say most of the people who do this in comments are either young (teenagers) or people looking to get noticed, other influencers. Its all fake. No one thinks that the coffee you are holding is AMAZING. They just want a slice of the pie.

Em, just do your job properly. Declare everything. Try and be a bit more picky about who you work with. Stop trying to make a quick buck with fast fashion swipe ups. Pick a niche and stick with it. Iron your clothes. Tidy up before you take pictures. Stop moaning about mundane shit. Try and live without the constant need of your family to validate you. You'll grow. I promise. You don't need a bunch of yes men around you. You need to take some time out to self reflect.

Reactions: 5

Rondoodle

VIP Member
I get the impression that she just begs for a hotel room (Shangri-La in this case) and then fills her case with a whole load of tat that she needs to take pictures with for 'ads'. No thought goes into anything. The product is not presented in an interesting way. Her captions are utterly tedious and basically lies. She never uses anything she advertises. Its just lazy lazy work.

Influenza_life

Chatty Member
I would let things take its course naturally. If someone is dodging taxes, they will be caught at some point. Independent business owners and influencers etc, tend to be watched more closely and have random audits.

Did you take the complaint down from here? I am sure she doesn't love it being up on here as when you search her name on Google, it comes up on the second page.
Nope I’m leaving it up. If she’s going to go on TV and get exposure for claiming that reality stars aren’t following the rules people should be able to see how shady she is. She’s a hypocrite and I really don’t like them.

She’s a public figure she and if there’s a complaint about them that is shared so I’m not taking it down. Also they never mention in their correspondence it should be confidential so I haven’t breached any of their rules, they’ve just contacted me as whiny Em Sheldon has contacted them to complain. As I said previously follow the rules and you won’t have to worry.

Rondoodle

VIP Member
Saw this on the Alice Liveing thread... I bet I know who our anonymous lifestyle influencer is. She bloody loves having a whinge to the 'press' doesn't she! Funny isn't it. Em I think you're the saddo as your life consists of endless amounts of free shit, gifted events, even your washing tablets are gifted! You have no substance girl. You know NOTHING about me or my life. But I know loads about you because you choose to plaster it all over the internet!

For one lifestyle influencer in her twenties, who wishes to remain anonymous, gossip sites have proved devastating.

‘I found Guru Gossip about four years ago – and got into a bad way reading it,' she says. 'But someone hacked the website and showed user names and emails and I saw that they were mostly bloggers who hadn’t ended up successful – which, honestly, did make it hurt less.’ (This tallies with a point from Cavangh on what pulls people to these sites: 'Celebrities and Instagram influencers have more power and status than most of us. Tearing them down to your social equals may feel a little like reasserting some of your own social power, making you feel less low status.')

The content of the comments is far-ranging. ‘On Tattle Life, I've been slated for my voice, what I wear. My family are criticised. It's every little thing. It feels like you’ve been physically abused and battered. Intellectually, I know these people are saddos, but it does take a couple of weeks to fully realise that.’

She also claims that certain site members have attempted to create IRL implications, reporting her to the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) for alleged misconduct, with regards to paid-for posts. (A spokesperson for Tattle Life said that they cannot comment without being directed to the specific mentions in question.)

As to why she did read the forums, when she heard of them? ‘It’s human nature to read this stuff when someone tells you about it. But I don’t read them, anymore.’

• Haha

bubbletea123

VIP Member
I disagree .. I’d let my older brother stay at my house anytime and I’d fill it with alcohol . Knowing it would still be there on my return as it woUldnt be to his taste 😂
I wouldn’t feel the need to advertise it on social media ..
for the ‘lame ‘love you , you’re so kind, what a fab person you are ‘ comments ..
It’s Your brother / Family do it CPs you want not cos you want IG /Twitter approval
She constantly fishes for praise and approval. It is so sad.

Em, stop being so obvious.

Instagram story:
Going on about how she worked at Morrisons and All Saints as a student. Pretty sure she mentioned that as we said she never had a real job.

Then one of Yorkshire, saying you'll know when someone is from Yorkshire as they won't stop telling you.
We mentioned how she always goes on about how proud she is to be from there

Last edited:

skippyskip

Absolutely never happened Em
Of course it didn't happen. Em posted this to show solidarity (AKA suck up) to influencer Saffron Barker who is on Strictly. Saffron sobbed her way through her VT due to the very upsetting fact she has 4 ALIVE GRANDPARENTS. She was dancing to supposedly her one nan's favourite song ("oh is it dear?" Nan replied when told this) then when the dance was over she ran crying hysterically to Nan in the front row. some people remarked that this ludicrous scene ( so obviously creating content and pushing for more votes) was extremely over the top and unnecessary... they were then of course accused of TROLLING a 19 year old girl. Yes, 19, not 9...an adult...
So of course Em pipes up with this nonsense the very same weekend!!!

Sparkelbob

She’s an absolute embarrassment. Try getting an actual job and doing a proper day’s work. She’d struggle. Spoilt fucking brat.

Influenza_life

Chatty Member
I wouldn’t call shilling anything and everything and affiliate linking to death freebies is grafting. Virtually everything she gets and uses is a freebie she even takes her grandparents for dinners to places she gets free food. Nothing about her shows her grafting.

Grafting is working hard, grafting is not accepting freebies, begging, shilling all sorts of shit to your audience. Her true self is someone who is grabby and grubby and thin skinned. There is nothing she can do that will make me forget her always trying to get anyone who is critical of her in trouble with their employers by reaching out to the employer/brand on Twitter.

Nothing will change my opinion of her. She’s cheap, tacky and not a very nice human.

Rondoodle

VIP Member
I think this is what really gets to me. Is it a crime to comment on the world around you? Influencers are immensely proud of themselves for creating a new way of marketing for companies yet anyone that dares to discuss this, its impact on society and those who are younger are written off as saddos, unhappy, jealous etc. Its bloody frightening isn't it. I mean through history, people have stood up for what they believe is right and god knows where the world would be if they hadn't!! I mean if these narcissists were able to accept criticism about what they put out publicly, how they try to deceive publicly, then forums like this actually wouldn't exist. Again, if they stopped being so shady, begging for stuff etc there would be much less to comment on.

The whole mindset of wanting to get this place shut down because people disagree with you is frankly quite horrifying. Shutting down people who have views different to your own and who challenge your practises. I know you aren't that smart Em but you may want to go and read a history book about stuff like this. This applies to all influencers.

Without the constant stream of gifted events, cleaning, beauty, clothes etc people like Em would have nothing. Nothing to do all day. Even though they like to think that we are impoverished jealous cave dwellers, we are not! I own my own home (in London). I have a successful career. I pay for everything that I have worked hard for. I have friends, lots of them. I have children (SHOCK HORROR EM). And actually they are one of the reasons that I like to pay attention to these scumbags. Because I don't want my daughter growing up watching people bleat on about how they NEED a jumper. How obsessed they are with a facecream or fake tan. How autumn has rolled round again and all the jumper dresses and cosy teddy coats from last year need to be replaced with new tat. How they need to log on and fuel what is basically a shopping addiction. I need to shield her and teach her.

Rant over.

• Heart

Influenza_life

Chatty Member
Just want to put this out there 😬

52A70224-DC9C-4E09-8DAF-4DBEF20425CF.jpeg CE1D2ECA-54C4-4805-806C-7BCCAA089132.jpeg

Her grubby money grabbing deceitful ways are hopefully finally coming to an end! Be good to see what that orange beggar has to say in response to this....

Lechat

VIP Member
the fact her mother and brother are involved in this nonsense is strange! My family would tell me to give my head a wobble with all that second account shite.
her brother filmed her at shoot she did the other day, as she re posted his Instagram stories. I just find that odd... like he’s standing there videoing his sister posing for the camera... I dunno why it just creeps me out.

Shilling and Shitting Cereal, the desperate times of Em Shelly Shel could be the next thread title!

• Heart

Lechat

VIP Member
Very good points Ron and Influenzer.

I hate how Em makes out people on here are saddos etc. It’s the ‘othering’ mechanism that is used to shut down debate. Because we are not singing their praises, our voices should be ignored and we can be called names. It’s a sneery disgusting attitude that says a lot about influencers: Of course Em would never understand the danger of this mentality as all she cares about is being allowed to shill without barriers. She’s pissed the ASA picked her up because the ASA is pretty bloody useless with out members of the public reporting breaches.

The other point i will make is I have nothing to hide. I would say to Em’s face what has been said on here and I would stand by my criticisms of the influencers industry and the damage it does.
I would love to see influencers debate some real life people and see if they can handle the feedback rather than hide behind their filtered screens blocking people.
And as for the mental gymnastics since Clemmie Hooper was outed on here, it’s hilarious that influencers are blaming the existence of tattle as the reason she joined?!! Bullshit. I’ve noticed many haven’t commented as it makes than look dumb that they hated on tattle yet influencers are clearly using it.

Influenza_life

Chatty Member
Wow this is v interesting! What did you flag to ASA?
All her affiliate swipe up stuff. On the ASA website it’s clear all affiliate stuff should be marked as an advert so I highlighted how often she does this and they spent a month looking into it.

Could probably do this for other influencers too...

Rondoodle

VIP Member
I've not watched her for ages but her declutter came on autoplay. She is literally the most vile person with all of that excess stuff in her bathroom. 25 or so bottles in the shower. Who the hell can get through all of that? The planet is dying because of over consumption. People cant afford to buy products to keep themselves clean. But Em is parading her 25 shampoos and conditioners to the world. She is a tone deaf disgusting human.

• Heart

Lechat

VIP Member
Influencers = scam artists. No morals & no ethics. All the content Em has ‘produced’ today has been ads yet again. She does not feature or promote anything unless she was paid to or it was gifted!

skippyskip

She went to an ad / press / gifted event about peanuts. I mean the event clearly had a charity element (about testicular cancer) but I still can’t understand the relevance to her audience of young women? She really will go to anything for content.

Oh and just saw she’s back in Leeds again. Considering all the stuff London has to offer a person in their twenties, you have to ask why is she constantly back home?
She needs to go back so she can remind us yet again that she's from Yorkshire (in case you didn't know) and then slag off London whilst she's at it. She will bang on about the fresh countryside air which would be understandable if we actually saw her out in it. Instead all we see is her in Leeds (a major city) or posing in her bedroom.
The air in London would be cleaner if spoilt lazy people like Em stopped taking unnecessary taxis everywhere when we have an extensive (mostly!) reliable transport system
Em will never explore London as she doesn't want to go near any "sketchy areas" as she calls them. She is an ignorant snob and a half

• Haha

Influenza_life

Chatty Member
of course she jumps on the bullying bandwagon. She spends her life accusing the world of bullying and why am I not surprised that she’s playing the victim now. It’s her favourite game. The stupid attention seeking bitch.

KYLIE

VIP Member
Omg this girl actually posted that the cereal she is plugging makes your shit hard. I have no words. None at all.

Influenza_life

Chatty Member
It’s the sheer lack of shame. Hey I’m not going to spend any money but spend yours and I’ll make some money off that. I don’t understand who the fuck buys the tat she advertises. I’ve seen that grandad jumper about 856 times on her already and it’s only 2 weeks into autumn/winter and it looks fucking ugly every time she shows it.

Tesco value Em has no content as she does nothing in her life apart from exercise, open up freebies, eat and spend time with her family. She only seems to have two friends.

Honestly it’s time this whole influencer culture was cancelled. All of them are a waste of space and add zero value.