Em Sheldon #7 Flat reno troubles & takouts galore, my bath can’t fit through the door!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s posted the pink hair filter on stories now... I think she may be malfunctioning

edited to remove the video as I don’t think my upload worked and others have posted it already!

also- i occasionally stumble across “influencers” in the outdoors posing like this while taking STILL photos. I don’t get why Shelboy does it for videos-she looks bonkers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Would genuinely love to hear from anyone who is pleased that there is now a swipe up link to a bath mat

• Haha
Reactions: 9
If she was a chocolate she would eat herself honest to god 🤢 I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again she is the absolute WORST at hair Ads WHY do brands bother...there are thousands more influencers with better hair than her, I could list ten off the top of my head right now. I’d say she has low rates and brands are struggling? I can’t fathom why any brand would use her 🤷‍♀️😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
She literally makes me feel sick when I watch that video. All the fake laughing and gurning, It’s so uncomfortable to watch. Why is she doing it?? She looks tit and weird holding a frizzy lifeless piece of hair. She must be so fake and hard work in real life. How she gets paid work is beyond me, like I said I actually hate watching her, the most fake, greedy, grubby woman out there
🤮

Reactions: 10
She can't watch her content! Surely? She would see how awful she looked

Reactions: 6
Home updates.

I feel the island means there is a waste of space now on the right side of the kitchen.

Bathroom is done and won’t show it until final lights are put in but the holes were drilled too big and might need re-tiled.

Also obviously a before photo in there too from when they viewed the property so not their furniture.

Attachments

Oh my god, what a monumental waste of money. Couldn't she just change the doors on the original kitchen if all she wanted was the bloody same thing in a lighter colour?! Island blocks the view to the garden and just looks plonked in the middle of the room. And changed the hob to induction. And the sink to a 'bellway'! Girl, if you have this much spare money why not just buy another investment property!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
So interesting! All that expense of a new kitchen for basically the same kitchen in cream!

I don’t like the layout. The island makes the rest of the space unusable so the only dining area will be the island? No room for a proper table.
I hate the sink next to a tall unit, means you would get water and stains on that unit and constantly have to wipe it. Looks like she’s had to move the washing machine from the under the boiler in the end cupboard to next to the dishwasher. So loses more cupboard space?
is the hob going on the island or the back run of units? Basically looks like the island will be the main space to prepare food takeaways which if people are eating there and other crap dumped on it isnt great or hygienic.

she should have looked at moving the boiler to that undertakers cupboard if she could have given everything was ripped out. I just think the space is not very usable and actually a poor design for that flat

I hate how the sink is crammed next to the fridge, I feel like a sink should have counter space either side, can imagine washing up would feel cramped in that sink! But then I guess she lives off takeaway so probably never has to do any washing up.
All that money on a new kitchen and she couldn't get an integrated washing machine? It spoils the look. I preferred the old kitchen!

Reactions: 6
I also think the kitchen doesn’t go with the black framed doors. The blue kitchen was actually a better choice.

Reactions: 7
You need both sides of the sink with worktop space. One so you can put the dishes pre washing up and one so you can leave them on a rack to dry! Who planned this?!

Reactions: 8
bleeping awful isn’t it. Especially if she’s gone to a so called luxury kitchen company! It’s the kind of sink people with takeaways need when you’re just washing a fork afterwards!

just quickly mocked up what I would have done. id have closed the double doors to the bedroom/lounge. better to keep separate so it could be a bedroom.

make the bathroom come off the hall not the bedroom. Change to a simple shower over a bath, so no freestanding fancy tit.

then make the kitchen run along where the double doors are now, into the corner. If enough room a small island could be put in, but no overhang or bar stools as no space.

rest of space could hold small dining table and small sofa with tv on the wall to make a real family room. Up to owner if they use third bedroom as a bedroom or formal lounge but least you have the option of both. Whereas Shel has made her 3 bed a two bed. Hahaha.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Its just such a waste of time and money isn't it. She should have moved in and unpacked and got used to living there before doing this but she is just 'want want want' because she sees what others are doing and just jumped in head first without analysing the living space properly.
Half of that room is now redundant with that whacking great island in the middle of the room. What is she going to put there?!

Lechat, you're right in that the kitchen should have been moved round so that she could use the open plan space properly.

Imagine spending tens of thousands and ending up with this bleeping disaster! These people only live for instagram and its just actually really sad. Most people (well me) go home, have a life and are busy (in my case kids, running a business, general adulting boring chores etc) and don't have time to obsess about the colour of the kitchen cabinets or the finish of the bloody floor. Yes it is lovely when it all looks new and nice but this isn't what life is about!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
bleeping awful isn’t it. Especially if she’s gone to a so called luxury kitchen company! It’s the kind of sink people with takeaways need when you’re just washing a fork afterwards!

just quickly mocked up what I would have done. id have closed the double doors to the bedroom/lounge. better to keep separate so it could be a bedroom.

make the bathroom come off the hall not the bedroom. Change to a simple shower over a bath, so no freestanding fancy tit.

then make the kitchen run along where the double doors are now, into the corner. If enough room a small island could be put in, but no overhang or bar stools as no space.

rest of space could hold small dining table and small sofa with tv on the wall to make a real family room. Up to owner if they use third bedroom as a bedroom or formal lounge but least you have the option of both. Whereas Shel has made her 3 bed a two bed. Hahaha.
Yep, she has surely decreased the potential rental/resell value by putting in that island/tv wall and limiting the future occupiers flexibility to choose. If the wardrobe room becomes built in too then it's a total disaster for anyone but her.

Reactions: 3
The wardrobe room baffles me. My god, if I had a spare room i can think of so many other things to do with it! I would rather make it the dogs bedroom for gods sake! 99.9% of normal people would just rip this out if they bought the place. Because most people don't stand staring at themselves all day because they have lives!

Reactions: 3
Yes I totally forgot she’s putting a fire and the tv in the wall in the bedroom which basically means that’s not a bedroom at all anymore. Then the 2nd bedroom is just going to be full of wardrobes 🥴 so it’s 1 bed flat pretty much! And she reckons she’s going to rent it out in the future... no one is going to pay 3 bed rental prices on that flat

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.