Em Sheldon #7 Flat reno troubles & takouts galore, my bath can’t fit through the door!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I literally never follow this girl but she just came up on my TikTok FYP and I don’t understand how someone so irrelevant just literally pops up everywhere it’s so annoying

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Hatd cluttered worktops. Yeh course you grubby twit.
Has she never heard of putting stuff away? What a stupid idea having the plug in the cupboard. We have a blender and always put it back in the cupboard..same with the toaster. She is so...lazy?

Reactions: 7
LMAO ‘Matt asked for....’ cock lodger decides alot of stuff. Don’t think I’ve ever heard her say he cooks though??

also there is no way her kitchen is staying clutter free. She’s a damn mess and it will be a damn mess

Reactions: 8
LMAO ‘Matt asked for....’ cock lodger decides alot of stuff. Don’t think I’ve ever heard her say he cooks though??

also there is no way her kitchen is staying clutter free. She’s a damn mess and it will be a damn mess
He has a lot of say but doesn't seem to contribute much... does he work?? does he contribute to the mortgage or bills? does he ever cook for her?? does he ever buy her nice gifts?? Doesn't seem like it the way she drones on. She wants to be a "boss babe" but it seems Matt takes advantage of that walks all over her, doing duck all.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
He has a lot of say but doesn't seem to contribute much... does he work?? does he contribute to the mortgage or bills? does he ever cook for her?? does he ever buy her nice gifts?? Doesn't seem like it the way she drones on. She wants to be a "boss babe" but it seems Matt takes advantage of that walks all over her, doing duck all.
Exactly. Seems to have a lot of opinions and demands but don’t really see what he’s contributing. she says she bought the flat and is paying for the renovation alone yet all of his wants are being incorporated. duck that tit. She’s a doormat. Or at least is painting herself as one.

Reactions: 6
Exactly. Seems to have a lot of opinions and demands but don’t really see what he’s contributing. she says she bought the flat and is paying for the renovation alone yet all of his wants are being incorporated. duck that tit. She’s a doormat. Or at least is painting herself as one.
Yeah. I mean, my husband paid for our house and I contributed with ideas of the design but I actually help out by cooking, cleaning, etc. Matt seems to do nothing. It is hard to know what is true though as we only see Em's side. If Matt is that useless, she needs to grow a backbone and tell him to start helping. Their relationship going by her SM seems very one-sided, especially in the romance part of things which is sad.

Totally. I mean people are free to arrange their finances and living arrangements as they want but like you say Matt doesn’t seem to contribute. Never seen him cook. She says he doesn’t do Valentine’s Day or make a fuss of her birthday which she’s clearly bothered about. She tells us he laughs at her or say Matt wants x or y. It all sounds awful. But we’ll never know as I don’t doubt that she lies and makes tit up which makes him look bad. What a pair.

Reactions: 4
Sounds like Matt needs to grow the duck up and start taking women's concerns over safety seriously. If I told my husband I had "worried" about that while out running, he wouldn't laugh, he would be horrified. Parents need to start educating sons on women's safety from a young age.

this post of hers really angers me, given the sad news in the UK and the current movement around Women’s safety why does she have to jump on the bandwagon with these posts that if I’m honest, i doubt it happened - like the post with the woman in the park shouting at her kids, she gets challenged and changes her story. Also throws shade on Matt to make herself look “good” from these stories

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It angers me that she jumps on the bandwagon every time too! The post about her primary school teacher is interesting but I hope she's not lying as it's quite a claim!

Also she's definitely running out of content and ideas.. In the past week she shared the same mothers day link on twitter 13 times! Literally spamming.

Reactions: 9
It angers me that she jumps on the bandwagon every time too! The post about her primary school teacher is interesting but I hope she's not lying as it's quite a claim!

Also she's definitely running out of content and ideas.. In the past week she shared the same mothers day link on twitter 13 times! Literally spamming.
she jumps on the bandwagon but makes it all about herself so it immediately loses its authenticity. I applaud women for sharing their personal experiences. I’m sure most of us here are women and have all to some degree experiences an unpleasant experience which we may or may not feel comfortable about. However with Em, rather than raising awareness for a movement, to me in just comes across as attention seeking and to be honest it never feels genuine most of the things stories she shares just feel like lies.
I’ve given up on Twitter what did she share about the teacher??

she jumps on the bandwagon but makes it all about herself so it immediately loses its authenticity. I applaud women for sharing their personal experiences. I’m sure most of us here are women and have all to some degree experiences an unpleasant experience which we may or may not feel comfortable about. However with Em, rather than raising awareness for a movement, to me in just comes across as attention seeking and to be honest it never feels genuine most of the things stories she shares just feel like lies.
No I absolutely agree with you and it's important to share experiences. She's posted a few different 'experiences' and it's hard to know if they're genuine or not.

Here's the thing from twitter. Hope it's been attached correctly
Screenshot_20210313_090543.jpg

Reactions: 3
Another thing to add to the well known list of absolutely didn't happen. Alongside buying a bed. The mother in the park incident. Nobody wearing a mask apart from her in the supermarket, maple being her dog and thousands more.

Reactions: 5
Another thing to add to the well known list of absolutely didn't happen. Alongside buying a bed. The mother in the park incident. Nobody wearing a mask apart from her in the supermarket, maple being her dog and thousands more.
If it's true it would be pretty easy to find online. Our head teacher in secondary school was arrested for indecent images of children, it was about 10 years ago but a quick Google brings it straight up.

Reactions: 4
If it's true it would be pretty easy to find online. Our head teacher in secondary school was arrested for indecent images of children, it was about 10 years ago but a quick Google brings it straight up.
And if I'm wrong and she is telling the truth I'll simply change my story and say that the internet tells half a story

I agree with you. I felt really uncomfortable with what she shared on Twitter because of how she did it. It is good women are speaking out and communicating experiences, some of which are very hard to read and are serious upsetting situations.
I think what Em shared was a mixture of fear (where she runs and getting in taxis which every women has to be honest) and then a few tales about her school teacher and being told off for wearing a hoodie that was too tight. I’m not diminishing what she’s saying (if true) but I felt she was sharing this to join in rather than being authentic because she lies so much and she didn’t preface it with why she was sharing. It was like Mother’s Day tweets then bam, heres my experience of something inappropriate. It’s just not the way to do it.

I think Ruby Holley did really well with her approach in contrast as she talked about the news but acknowledged it was triggering for many people and for people to take care. I feel that’s responsible. We don’t need every influencers hot take or recollection of an unsolicited bum squeeze (Which pretty much every woman has experienced). We need to leave space for women who have suffering serious crimes so we can hear them.

And on the schools front, I bet if you ask anyone in their 30s and over and they will have a tale about a pervy teacher or something like that. My school had a rumour about a music teacher getting off with a pupil on a school trip and then he was suddenly never seen again. Our headteacher committed fraud and stole money and was arrested. My husband trained with a football team where a prolific pweirdo worked as the coach and was found years later to have been abusing boys (my husband was not affected luckily). That ended up with the news. its of course shocking these people get anywhere near positions of power or children but dangerous people exist in society.

I’m not sure why Em shared the story about her teacher. It could be triggering to someone who suffered sexual abuse but her need to share and look like she has some incident to join in with seems to trump any consideration for others.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I agree with you. I felt really uncomfortable with what she shared on Twitter because of how she did it. It is good women are speaking out and communicating experiences, some of which are very hard to read and are serious upsetting situations.
I think what Em shared was a mixture of fear (where she runs and getting in taxis which every women has to be honest) and then a few tales about her school teacher and being told off for wearing a hoodie that was too tight. I’m not diminishing what she’s saying (if true) but I felt she was sharing this to join in rather than being authentic because she lies so much and she didn’t preface it with why she was sharing. It was like Mother’s Day tweets then bam, heres my experience of something inappropriate. It’s just not the way to do it.

I think Ruby Holley did really well with her approach in contrast as she talked about the news but acknowledged it was triggering for many people and for people to take care. I feel that’s responsible. We don’t need every influencers hot take or recollection of an unsolicited bum squeeze (Which pretty much every woman has experienced). We need to leave space for women who have suffering serious crimes so we can hear them.

And on the schools front, I bet if you ask anyone in their 30s and over and they will have a tale about a pervy teacher or something like that. My school had a rumour about a music teacher getting off with a pupil on a school trip and then he was suddenly never seen again. Our headteacher committed fraud and stole money and was arrested. My husband trained with a football team where a prolific pweirdo worked as the coach and was found years later to have been abusing boys (my husband was not affected luckily). That ended up with the news. its of course shocking these people get anywhere near positions of power or children but dangerous people exist in society.

I’m not sure why Em shared the story about her teacher. It could be triggering to someone who suffered sexual abuse but her need to share and look like she has some incident to join in with seems to trump any consideration for others.
You’ve absolutely nailed this 🙌 Jumping on every single bandwagon makes her appear insincere and takes away the impact of the one or two genuine experiences she might have had in relation to the many bandwagons shes leapt on.

Theres a lot of performative story sharing going on which you’re right we don’t need. Every woman (in the inclusive sense) will have an experience and some are more affected by their experience than others and so need to share, so let’s allow them to speak.

• Heart
You’ve absolutely nailed this 🙌 Jumping on every single bandwagon makes her appear insincere and takes away the impact of the one or two genuine experiences she might have had in relation to the many bandwagons shes leapt on.

Theres a lot of performative story sharing going on which you’re right we don’t need. Every woman (in the inclusive sense) will have an experience and some are more affected by their experience than others and so need to share, so let’s allow them to speak.
I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels this way! It’s absolutely due to her past behaviour, jumping on bandwagons and just being performative.
I really do feel for the many brave women sharing, and I hope they don’t get put off by influencers hogging the limelight because they want a few more likes and clicks

• Heart
I am so encouraged by all the brave women speaking up and have many of my own stories unfortunately like most women.

I did feel very uncomfortable reading Ems tweets.

She appears to have gone for the short and sharp shock factor which unfortunately ends up being extremely triggering to many people.

A story telling vibe or a dedicated thread with a trigger warning was more appropriate. I have seen many like this.

I get that there is a lot of anger and upset at the moment and rightfully so, and every single woman has a right to tell their story, I just feel in my opinion that people have a duty of care to those who may be currently going through it and others who may have experienced it and that involves at the very least providing a trigger warning amongst other things which Em hasn’t done here.

• Heart
There wasn’t any need really to share the story. I first saw the tweet when the poster above posted it for me and I must admit I was taken aback. I have two children myself one of primary school age and it was shocking. I can only imagine how triggering that would be to someone who was personally affected by the topic she discussed.
She misses the mark everytime because she is so self absorbed. I read the tweet to mean that it was years after she left school that this story came out. Now don’t get me wrong because if the story is true it is just sickening and makes me feel ill thinking about it, however she wouldn’t understand how triggering something like that could because she wasn’t personally effected by it and she has (thankfully) never experienced a situation like that. A simple TW to warn possible trauma victims of what the tweet was about would’ve sufficed.
i am pretty angry that a tweet like that was thrown about so flippantly with no regard to trauma victims/survivors, parents or just general people in amongst Mother’s Day shilling. It’s quite appalling really and shows she has no regards for anyone but herself, she tweeted that to get attention and it’s just vile.
And by the way Em, I Googled your tale and couldn’t find any relevant news articles about it, so if it’s some lie to get the attention you clearly crave, shame on you you vile girl.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.