Em Sheldon #6 crappy reels, begging for meals, repetitive swipe ups have no appeal

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why would you make a home account to document your ‘Reno’ (HATE that term btw I feel like she’s really ruined that for me haha!) and then just post pictures of your ‘forever home’ and comparing what money can get you in London v Yorkshire, no wonder it’s got barely any followers it is just stupidity.
She really is thick... I think she seriously regrets her choice in house tbh...

Reactions: 7
She really is thick... I think she seriously regrets her choice in house tbh...
Definitely, I would certainly regret buying that having seen the headlines about people wanting to leave London.

Most of the stuff she shares isn't even that nice. She shared one house in Harrogate where I grew up and honestly it looks like the tackiest modern glass box, that's been absolutely squeezed into a plot. It would look more at home in Malibu than Yorkshire. She has no taste.

Reactions: 5
Definitely, I would certainly regret buying that having seen the headlines about people wanting to leave London.

Most of the stuff she shares isn't even that nice. She shared one house in Harrogate where I grew up and honestly it looks like the tackiest modern glass box, that's been absolutely squeezed into a plot. It would look more at home in Malibu than Yorkshire. She has no taste.
I think that’s shown in her dress choice... her home taste is just as bad 😂😂

Reactions: 4
It’s really bizarre. I spend my whole time thinking wtf has this got to do with her flat. It’s like she is on holiday showing no content but boasting about the next holiday that will be on 5 years time, saying how much better it will be.

It is constant. No home account I follow behaves like this. It just proves how deeply unhappy she is. Boasting about an imaginary future.

Reactions: 6
She is so strange she constantly talking the future and what she wants to do.. the living in New York, the cotswolds.. she seems to have no focus in life and not enjoying the here and now

Reactions: 7
It's such a shame. I know the here and now isn't particularly great for a lot of people, but it could be so much worse for her. I would genuinely be interested if she was sharing more stuff about decisions she was making about interiors etc but she doesn't seem to actually share much of that at all. I guess its probably because like with a bed and a sofa she hasn't actually made any decisions or ordered anything.

Reactions: 3
The majority of her decisions are based around what will get her content an how things will look on Instagram, her inauthenticity is so obvious and why I believe she is struggling to gain traction on her home account. People can see through it. None of her decisions are rational from a home owners perspective.

Putting glass over that outdoor area that has waste pipes, to create an office space whilst also paying for a pod to go into her garden as office space when she apparently has a 3 bed flat.

An awkward island in a kitchen that renders the rest of the open space in the kitchen redundant.

Renovating a newly renovated kitchen and bathroom. Buying a new identical bath.

Expensive tiles because she believes it will lead to her not having to pay as much on her mortgage 😂

That is to name just a few. Not one of these decisions is rational.

She is just so strange. Banging on about death the whole time. Her forever home too. Its just a load of fake positivity to cover up how unhappy she is isn't it.

The home account thing is so odd. Why on earth has she made it private? She really hasn't gained many followers since she did it either.

The majority of her decisions are based around what will get her content an how things will look on Instagram, her inauthenticity is so obvious and why I believe she is struggling to gain traction on her home account. People can see through it. None of her decisions are rational from a home owners perspective.

Putting glass over that outdoor area that has waste pipes, to create an office space whilst also paying for a pod to go into her garden as office space when she apparently has a 3 bed flat.

An awkward island in a kitchen that renders the rest of the open space in the kitchen redundant.

Renovating a newly renovated kitchen and bathroom. Buying a new identical bath.

Expensive tiles because she believes it will lead to her not having to pay as much on her mortgage 😂

That is to name just a few. Not one of these decisions is rational.
She is bloody fascinating isn't she!!! Like seriously, I find watching her behaviour quite amazing because it is just so damn weird.

She also needs to stop banging on about the outdoor space and that ‘it’s sooooo rare in London’ she always tries to make out she’s the elite when she quite clearly isn’t. London is a huge CITY so OBVIOUSLY it’s not going to have an acre of land with it is it?! The same way that if you lived in the CITY of Leeds (in her precious Yorkshire) you also probably wouldn’t have a large garden??
Does it also wind anybody else how she calls it Yorkshire instead of Leeds? Why would you say the county you’re from and not the city or town. Always trying to make herself sound better than she is it’s bizarre and she’s nuts.

She also needs to stop banging on about the outdoor space and that ‘it’s sooooo rare in London’ she always tries to make out she’s the elite when she quite clearly isn’t. London is a huge CITY so OBVIOUSLY it’s not going to have an acre of land with it is it?! The same way that if you lived in the CITY of Leeds (in her precious Yorkshire) you also probably wouldn’t have a large garden??
Does it also wind anybody else how she calls it Yorkshire instead of Leeds? Why would you say the county you’re from and not the city or town. Always trying to make herself sound better than she is it’s bizarre and she’s nuts.
It winds me up so much. She's not even from Leeds - her mum's house is in a village east of Leeds, but then she'll post about Harrogate as if its 2 mins down the road when actually its quite a drive from there. I think in any city there will be houses with gardens, generally more on the outskirts but not necessarily. Whilst you could have flats in a rural village that have no private outdoor space.

London is actually much less dense than other major cities internationally, so private gardens are not as uncommon as Shelboy might think.

Reactions: 2
She is bloody fascinating isn't she!!! Like seriously, I find watching her behaviour quite amazing because it is just so damn weird.
I feel the same! I dont know anyone in real life nor other influencers that act the way she does.

I genuinely feel she has no authencity and you can kind of see how she tries to copy and emulate other influencers, leading a holy mess:

lydia millen - em tries to copy her smugness and clap backs
inthefrow - tries to copy her luxe image
josie/Freddy - tries to copy their girlyness and pink/beige themes
zanna - tries to copy the references to Yorkshire 🙄 (shel you are from Leeds hun)
alice living - tries to copy the fitness content (or used to)
emily Canham - tries to copy everything and kisses her arse

plus probably a million other examples. Remember she wanted to be a sky sports presenter, she only started the blog as part of her uni course and prob realised she could make money. I don’t believe she actually has a passion for her audience or is actually talented in any social media skills. She was just lucky to be blogging at the right time.

Definitely - and now with the home account like she's trying to copy all the successful home accounts too. Just comes across like she has no idea what her niche is and is just having a massive identity crisis. She's the bargain basement version 😂

Reactions: 1
It winds me up so much. She's not even from Leeds - her mum's house is in a village east of Leeds, but then she'll post about Harrogate as if its 2 mins down the road when actually its quite a drive from there. I think in any city there will be houses with gardens, generally more on the outskirts but not necessarily. Whilst you could have flats in a rural village that have no private outdoor space.

London is actually much less dense than other major cities internationally, so private gardens are not as uncommon as Shelboy might think.
What’s the name of the village where she grew up? I’m from round there...intrigued

I'm assuming its the same village as her office address is - as we all know she uses her mum's address for that which is in Barwick in Elmet.

Haha, the village is like 20 mins from Leeds city centre. It’s so close! not like she lives in the moors, out in the sticks of Yorkshire. She really needs to give the Yorkshire talk a rest.

Reactions: 3
Haha, the village is like 20 mins from Leeds city centre. It’s so close! not like she lives in the moors, out in the sticks of Yorkshire. She really needs to give the Yorkshire talk a rest.
I don't think she has anything interesting to really say. She bangs on about Yorkshire all the time, bangs on about the time she moved to Canada for a month years ago, talks about all the things she's doing to her flat for when she sells in the future. She has nothing interesting going on.

I'm sure i've done a Shel bingo before but basically her content consists of:
Talking about death
Talking about seizing the day/manifesting/being positive
Her eating
Her baking
Sharing gifted tat because she can't say no to anything
Telling the world she's worked out
Matt said, her mum said, her brother said
Over exaggeration about products she says she LOVES
10 gazillion affiliate links
And updated for 2021....a ton of adverts for food!

I love the way that when she receives things she pretends she didn't know it was coming. Like hun, you are staying at someone elses house so you must have given them the address!

I'm assuming its the same village as her office address is - as we all know she uses her mum's address for that which is in Barwick in Elmet.
Thanks - yeah that’s nowhere near Harrogate! 🤣 not to say it’s not nice - I’ve no idea what it’s actually like but there are definitely some lovely villages round there.

Thanks - yeah that’s nowhere near Harrogate! 🤣 not to say it’s not nice - I’ve no idea what it’s actually like but there are definitely some lovely villages round there.
Yeah it's really not! It is a nice area though, if I hadn't settled post uni in the Midlands I would have moved to Leeds. I don't know why she didn't buy up there, would have got so much more for her money and been actually close to some nice places and countryside.

Reactions: 1
Yeah it's really not! It is a nice area though, if I hadn't settled post uni in the Midlands I would have moved to Leeds. I don't know why she didn't buy up there, would have got so much more for her money and been actually close to some nice places and countryside.
Defo! For what she bought her flat for in london you could buy a massive detached 5 bed in a really nice area. I’m trying to buy in north Leeds at the moment, sadly my budget is nowhere near what she paid for her flat!! Bloody influencers!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.