Em Sheldon #5 Orange copycat, small FLAT, filler for free, reno happening? Let’s see!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
how is she getting 500-600 likes on her posts?! I have 650 followers and get around 350 likes LOL.

she reminds me of a 40yr old desperately trying to look 23 again - that hair is a disaster and her face is just so weird!

• Angry
Reactions: 6
This is crazy and desperate. And actually a bit disturbing that she is resorting to making money from unsuspecting people like this. She should be banned from this group by the admin!

Reactions: 8
God just think how many Facebook groups she’s probably in to add Her aff links too. Shocking

• Angry
Reactions: 7
In terms of being an "influencer" she is the sleazy car sales man version. Always conning people.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Someone has mentioned her doing this previously but she is still at it. I can’t stand it. Probably the number one reason I have no respect for her. How is she not absolutely ashamed of herself!!??! 😡
Yesss, I HATE it when she does this. She must make a fair share of money from aff links, unfortunately. Probably from people who do not realise she does. I wish someone would set up an IG account calling her and other shillers out.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Someone has mentioned her doing this previously but she is still at it. I can’t stand it. Probably the number one reason I have no respect for her. How is she not absolutely ashamed of herself!!??! 😡
Its just so unhelpful isn’t it. Refusing to say the brand, ensuring some one clicks through her link so she gets aff link money. She really is the dodgy salesman of the influencer world.

Reactions: 7
What is with the duckface pout? Look at the colour difference between her face and hands/arms!!

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Wow her hands are SO orange! :sick:

So just to be clear she gets money every time someone swipes up on her stories? Sorry I don't really have much clue how it works?

Wow her hands are SO orange! :sick:

So just to be clear she gets money every time someone swipes up on her stories? Sorry I don't really have much clue how it works?
yep that’s right. By design, the swipe up is an affiliate link. That means the link deposits something called a cookie in your browsing history which tracks what you buy. if you make a purchase the cookie tracks that data, ie. What you bought and how much. Then the brand will give the influencer commission on that purchase. Can be a small amount but some brands offer affiliate commission of 10%, which is why you’ll see Shel pushing certain brands and designer stuff as it comes with higher commission.

the problem is these cookies can remain on your device for 30 days (or maybe longer) and might even pick up purchases of other items you make (not just what you swiped up for). It’s very shady as the customer is not getting any information on the cookie which falls under the GDPR rules (because it’s collecting your data). I think it’s a matter of time before a case is bought by the ICO about this.

Reactions: 1
yep that’s right. By design, the swipe up is an affiliate link. That means the link deposits something called a cookie in your browsing history which tracks what you buy. if you make a purchase the cookie tracks that data, ie. What you bought and how much. Then the brand will give the influencer commission on that purchase. Can be a small amount but some brands offer affiliate commission of 10%, which is why you’ll see Shel pushing certain brands and designer stuff as it comes with higher commission.

the problem is these cookies can remain on your device for 30 days (or maybe longer) and might even pick up purchases of other items you make (not just what you swiped up for). It’s very shady as the customer is not getting any information on the cookie which falls under the GDPR rules (because it’s collecting your data). I think it’s a matter of time before a case is bought by the ICO about this.
I genuinely think instagram bringing in the swipe up feature was one of the worse things they have done. Influencers do even less work now and it’s just become an influencer marketing tool. All they need to do is a swipe up rather than curate a blog post to try and work brands into. The stories also make it super easy to spam your audience whereas other platforms like twitter they don’t get the same opportunity as can only out one link per post.

Reactions: 4
I genuinely think instagram bringing in the swipe up feature was one of the worse things they have done. Influencers do even less work now and it’s just become an influencer marketing tool. All they need to do is a swipe up rather than curate a blog post to try and work brands into. The stories also make it super easy to spam your audience whereas other platforms like twitter they don’t get the same opportunity as can only out one link per post.
fully agree with you! It’s made influencing so lazy and most of them just promote whoever is offering the most commission which em clearly does. and the spamming is so annoying. They don’t care though, they almost seem entitled to make money this way now.

Reactions: 2
Thanks, that makes a lot of sense and is sort of what I thought happened, although the cookies thing seems well dodgy.

Presumably this is a lot cheaper than traditional forms of advertising too so you can see the attraction for brands.

I would love to know how many people actually use her links, surely its not that many as she gets so few likes on her posts?

I reckon she must be making LOADS this way. She posts so many links. Throw enough mud and some of it will stick! Plus now we can see that she posts her links all over the place even in private facebook groups.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.