Em Sheldon #5 Orange copycat, small FLAT, filler for free, reno happening? Let’s see!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My other half who has no interest in most social media never mind influencers, when I have told him about her antics he has genuinely been perplexed as to why she doesn’t want to listen to constructive criticism to improve her ‘brand’.

The issue is she has no brand and sees her followers as her personal money generators instead of fans and supporters. It is more than evident in how she speaks to people who ask questions and offer opinions.

My partner cannot understand how cheeky she is to people.

Reactions: 5
My other half who has no interest in most social media never mind influencers, when I have told him about her antics he has genuinely been perplexed as to why she doesn’t want to listen to constructive criticism to improve her ‘brand’.

The issue is she has no brand and sees her followers as her personal money generators instead of fans and supporters. It is more than evident in how she speaks to people who ask questions and offer opinions.

She shouldn't bite the hand that LITERALLY feeds her. Without her following, she would have nothing.

I am glad to see her followers are dwindling. https://socialblade.com/instagram/user/emshelx

Reactions: 2

It’s mad isn’t it. She’s had so many pointers on how she could improve things but seems to be hell bent on destroying any career as an influencer! The numbers don’t lie and hers are on a downward spiral both in terms of engagement and followers. She just can’t seem to see that the problem is her.

The lack of self awareness is just astounding. To accept three free meals in two days and then preach about giving food to homeless people is sick. It’s the same as when she told people to tip!

There are loads of fools out there but she is the biggest. I hope she put a big deposit down on her flat and her mortgage payments aren’t massive because she isn’t pulling it back now. This year really exposed her.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Prime example of her using her followers SOLELY as money generators is the fact that she will show a producy and HIDES the name of the brand to make you swipe up. Imagine the only way to get any traffic to an aff link is to trick your loyal followers. I actually laugh at how out of her way she has to go to not say or show the brand name. She is so desperate. Others may do the same but not anyone I follow.

Reactions: 7
that MAC powder looks grim. I bet MAC are thrilled by her recommending it, with a clapped out dirty compact 🤨

The air bed pictures are just cringe. No self respecting person sleeps on a air bed for month unless they are doing a major renovation. and she really isn’t! She has now admitted the work could take 6 months lol. Well she’s been in three, so let’s see what’s happened by feb. My gut is that there is no electrical work planned at all. She’s just waiting for a free bed.

So in a 24 hour period: 28 stories consisting of-

14 aff links
2 more coat pictures without the aff link
9 food pictures of what she is eating/drinking
1 morning thoughts
2 other

says it all really.

EDIT: I looked at roughly 10 other influencers similar sizes and bigger accounts. The bigger the account the less stories. Also it is a sunday. Many accounts posted less than 5 stories and others that posted on ave 20 stories had 2 aff links max and not one other account had a single food picture. 😳

Last edited:
  • Wow
This is so wrong. She’s advertising Arlo which is owned by her boyfriend and it’s not marked as an ad nor the relationship disclosed.

utterly devious witch

25F206F0-77CB-4474-A68C-81AC2BDECF22.jpeg

Reactions: 3
She never discloses when she mentions this brand! And she’s got the nerve to try and call people out for non disclosure.

What is she on about in her latest stories?! Does she really expect people to believe that 1000s of people message her for links when she can’t even get 1000 likes on most of her content?! The speed at which she replies to anything does not tie with someone receiving 1000s of messages daily. Em everyone and their dog knows why you post 10 times more affiliate links than anyone else. And it’s not to help people who love to sale shop.

Also what people are talking about at the moment is whether this virus will mean we can’t have a normal Christmas and how sad that is going to be. No one is talking about leather leggings.

Even that picture from three years ago is sloppy. Her dress is wonky at the back! She’s always been a train wreck.

Reactions: 9
“If you like the leather leggings I’ve been wearing”

I don’t think I’ve ever seen her in leather leggings?! And they’re £90. The only leather leggings I’ve seen “everyone talking about” is the topshop ones. But they’re only £36 so not worth the af link I suppose :D

• Haha
Unbelievable! Her posts last night saying she knows her content is boring but it easy to share the links on stories than messages. Pull the other one. At this point, her strategy is clearly trying to embed cookies on as many devices as possible. Guess those links really pay. She gaslights her own audience with her lies!

i don’t think Ive seen any other influence post as many aff links as she does. And it’s every day. Like take a day off one day. i hate most influencers but at least most get a balance right between actual organic content and ads. Em is pure ads and nothing else.
and then she goes on to say her content will soon be back to travel... lmao. I can’t see what freebie trips she will get now

What is she on about in her latest stories?! Does she really expect people to believe that 1000s of people message her for links when she can’t even get 1000 likes on most of her content?! The speed at which she replies to anything does not tie with someone receiving 1000s of messages daily. Em everyone and their dog knows why you post 10 times more affiliate links than anyone else. And it’s not to help people who love to sale shop.

Also what people are talking about at the moment is whether this virus will mean we can’t have a normal Christmas and how sad that is going to be. No one is talking about leather leggings.

Even that picture from three years ago is sloppy. Her dress is wonky at the back! She’s always been a train wreck.
She clearly write that in response to what she read here.

What I can’t understand in the 3 year old photo is why does only one shoe have a bow? 😂 Maybe I am missing something.

Unbelievable! Her posts last night saying she knows her content is boring but it easy to share the links on stories than messages. Pull the other one. At this point, her strategy is clearly trying to embed cookies on as many devices as possible. Guess those links really pay. She gaslights her own audience with her lies!

i don’t think Ive seen any other influence post as many aff links as she does. And it’s every day. Like take a day off one day. i hate most influencers but at least most get a balance right between actual organic content and ads. Em is pure ads and nothing else.
and then she goes on to say her content will soon be back to travel... lmao. I can’t see what freebie trips she will get now
I have never seen so many aff links ever it is constant. Other influencers I follow you barey notice as they are so few and lots of good quality content in between but the fact that aff links are Em’s main content 😳😂
Sharing links is not a full time job.

Reactions: 4
She chats the most unbelievable amount of tit. Her ‘content’ is dire at this point. She might aswell be selling sky tv in shopping centres. The desperation stinks. Also I think influencers should be made to declare cookies, it’s something that not everyone is aware of and it makes me sick that she’s constantly shilling things that she doesn’t even own. Emma you would not buy a £90 pair of leggings for yourself and we all know it.

• Haha
I 100% agree. I think all influencers should be made to mark ad on affiliate links and a disclaimer confirming cookies or a link to a privacy policy so it’s obvious that clicking that link will add something to your device.

i wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a breach of GDPR because the whole point of GDPR is that consumers are clear how their data is being used and any devices or cookies that store data about your behaviour online should be in scope, so why can Em Sheldon get away with embedding cookies on unsuspecting people’s devices??! It is not fair.

and yes she says she’s wearing those £90 leather leggings but uses a stick photo! More lies. She lies daily doesn’t she... not normal

Can someone enlighten a dummy like me about how affiliate links actually work? So if I swipe up on someone's link to say ASOS and then buy something, I assume they get commission from anything I buy, not just the item I swiped up on. But what if I swipe up on a link to ASOS and then I swipe up on another one to ASOS, does the second swipe up cancel the first one out?!

In my industry, we have to disclose where there are ANY arrangements where commission may be earnt or we can get into a lot of trouble. It seems to be a huge grey area with influencers though so are making money without being fully transparent. Yes they disclose aff link (in white on a white background) but is this enough? Surely it should be crystal clear about how long the cookies last for etc. There are some influencers that I am happy to give commission from my sale too so if it is the case that the swipe ups cancel each other out I would rather go to someone I like and use their link if it will cancel out all others. Or just clear my cookies pre purchase!!!

Reactions: 3

No influencer I have followed has ever shared as many links as her... Normally because they actually have proper adverts to shade which they do an "ad break" for.

No influencer I have followed has ever shared as many links as her... Normally because they actually have proper adverts to shade which they do an "ad break" for.
Or they share actual interesting content too. What does she even do all day!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.