Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

2xblended

VIP Member
It's really interesting to hear that Portia isn't like Ellen. I'd always read the opposite, but who knows which bit of goss is accurate.
I feel awful for Portia. The rumours have always been that Ellen is abusive and controlling to the point of giving Portia an eating disorder. Sounds like divorce is on the horizon now that the truth is coming out. I agree with @Lemsipmax #freeportia
I read Portia's book about her eating disorder and she says Ellen cured her from it. As I recall, she was suffering from it during her Ally McBeal days, which was before she met Ellen. She started recovery after she came out and found happiness in that relationship.

Would be happy for the show to end. There was a blind gossip item suggesting that when they do their giveaways, they (staff) steal some of the merch for themselves. There are perks to the job and then there's just blatant theft.

• Wow
Reactions: 3

totallytaz

Chatty Member
It’s always come across like she’s part of some Hollywood in crowd and she’d have some leverage wether you’d make it into the crowd or not. She makes me uneasy too.
I completely agree, I think many want to be in her good books.
18F19887-FC24-472D-9F7A-DD2A416781D0.jpeg

1001 others

VIP Member
I must admit, she had me fooled. I thought she was a genuinely nice celeb and interviewer, but now to hear so many stories of the way she's treated people is pretty disappointing.
A friend of a friend (production assistant) had a run-in with her early in her career and nobody believed her when she tried to tell them what Ellen is really like. I saw an interview with one of her former bookers who doesn't have one nice thing to say about her.

• Sad

CBellanna

A friend of a friend (production assistant) had a run-in with her early in her career and nobody believed her when she tried to tell them what Ellen is really like. I saw an interview with one of her former bookers who doesn't have one nice thing to say about her.
It's a shame as she had the chance to be likeable, if that makes sense? Her persona is easy to love and entertain. But that's the case for many celebs, I guess. Thanks for the ☕

Lemsipmax

Isn't Portia exactly the same as Ellen, though? I've heard she's full of herself and treats people badly, and she certainly hasn't stopped Ellen from being a horrible human being (as her spouse, she may be the only one in a position to do so).
Ah! I don't know. She just always looks haunted. I'm sure they're both surrounded by folk blowing smoke up their arses.

Woolmercardington

VIP Member
I couldn't agree more with you Vikka. The reason this crap won't die is that, it's one thing that these batshit QAnon followers start the rumours, but it's another when "normal" people read them, believe them and then spread them further.

As you say about the Tom Hanks thing, every innocent social media post about Hanks is swiftly followed by cries "p*edo". Most of which are coming from people who have seen it posted elsewhere and are then followed up with replies of, "OMG! I had no idea he was a p*edo!"

I think so many of them are so used to screaming the P word that they forget they are flippantly accusing people of the most vile crimes imaginable based on nothing but deliberately engineered internet rumours.

I guess it's easy to believe some things as other decade old rumours have turnt out to be true (eg Weinstein, Ellen's real character etc)
And those rumours came from people in the business. Not Internet hobbits. Even Family guy creator Seth Macfarlene openly joked about Weinstein being a sexual predator at the Oscars. Not to mention joking the same thing about Kevin Spacey in his show.

Last edited:
  • Heart

JulesyEire

Chatty Member
I have read a few comments in the daily fail, she is under house arrest and saw a pic of what suspiciously like an ankle bracelet (tracking device) ?? Anyone??

totallytaz

Chatty Member
Ellen has finally taken responsibility and apologised... for her staff’s behaviour, not her own, and is proceeding to have someone fired.

That’ll really cease those terrible error of judgements and misconceptions made by many that SHE is mean!

Hey everybody – it’s Ellen.

On day one of our show, I told everyone in our first meeting that The Ellen DeGeneres Show would be a place of happiness – no one would ever raise their voice, and everyone would be treated with respect.

Obviously, something changed, and I am disappointed to learn that this has not been the case. And for that, I am sorry.

Anyone who knows me knows it’s the opposite of what I believe and what I hoped for our show.

I could not have the success I’ve had without all of your contributions.

My name is on the show and everything we do and I take responsibility for that.

Alongside Warner Bros, we immediately began an internal investigation and we are taking steps, together, to correct the issues.

As we’ve grown exponentially, I’ve not been able to stay on top of everything and relied on others to do their jobs as they knew I’d want them done.

Clearly some didn’t. That will now change and I’m committed to ensuring this does not happen again.

I’m also learning that people who work with me and for me are speaking on my behalf and misrepresenting who I am and that has to stop.

As someone who was judged and nearly lost everything for just being who I am, I truly understand and have deep compassion for those being looked at differently, or treated unfairly, not equal, or – worse – disregarded.

To think that any one of you felt that way is awful to me.

It’s been way too long, but we’re finally having conversations about fairness and justice.

We all have to be more mindful about the way our words and actions affect others, and I’m glad the issues at our show were brought to my attention.

I promise to do my part in continuing to push myself and everyone around me to learn and grow.

It’s important to me and to Warner Bros. that everyone who has something to say can speak up and feels safe doing so.

I am so proud of the work we do and the fun and joy we all help put out in the world.

I want everyone at home to love our show and I want everyone who makes it to love working on it.

Again, I’m so sorry to anyone who didn’t have that experience.

If not for COVID, I’d have done this in person, and I can’t wait to be back on our stage and see you all then.

Stay safe and healthy.

Love,

Ellen

• Sick
Reactions: 2
This reminds me that there was a thread on LSA not long ago saying that Ellen is actually bisexual, not lesbian, and has cheated on Portia with men.

• Wow
  • Haha

Lala1988

Shes a narcissist so she cant admit how badly she treated all her staff. Did you see the way she outed Maria Careys pregnancy and put her in such an uncomfortable situation. She just doesn't care about anybody but making herself look 'woke' and like butter wouldn't melt!

Woolmercardington

VIP Member
The ankle tag nonsense has been debunked. It all comes from that QAnon conspiracy rubbish. They're desperate for certain (anti-Trump) celebs to be revealed as child abusers.

MarinaScorpio

Chatty Member
It's strange that none of the famous friends have come out to support her. For example, it's well known that she is good friends with Jen Aniston and J Lo. :unsure:

Lemsipmax

I see Drew Barrymore has just got her own show. One of the first guests will be Reece Witherspoon! Probably followed by Jennifer Anniston and Kristen Bell!!😂

F

FamHam

I was sure that the hidden camera thing was fake. She was so mean to that person over a keyring.

But the person was wearing very unflattering clothing so didn't seem like it was an actor or fake.