Ellen DeGeneres

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One of the big mysteries in the world is why so many like her.

The A-listers like her as she's nice to them and gives them easy exposure.

I just get the impression shes not a nice person, plenty of blind gossip that says the same. Fake and insincere but millions seem to love and watch her.

Reactions: 22
The worse is I don't know why she LOVE the Kardashians. Oh wait.... because they all work for the same Master. cough cough Illuminati, cough yes I don't even know if I believe in that.

As for the A-listers, B-listers, C-listers, Ellen's powerful/famous, so they all like her. There's so many fake people out there that will LOVE anyone with power?

Anyway I kind of hate how she'll invite non-celebs and gift them with a big cheque and everyone acts surprise/shock/cries...
I mean, come on, you know if you get invited to Ellen (as a non-celeb), you're walking away with a cheque

Reactions: 13
Do you remember when she set up the hidden camera over the merch table and then called a lady out for taking more than one item. Awful thing to do.

@boredjess take a look at her first girlfriend. You might find that story interesting.

Reactions: 6
I was sure that the hidden camera thing was fake. She was so mean to that person over a keyring.

But the person was wearing very unflattering clothing so didn't seem like it was an actor or fake.

Reactions: 2
I find her funny at times but I hate how she cuts people off in interviews! Jimmy Fallon does the same or he'll laugh over them, its so annoying!

I prefer Seth Meyers out of the American lot as I think he's a lot better at interviewing and he actually lets the celebs speak.

Reactions: 5
I find her funny at times but I hate how she cuts people off in interviews! Jimmy Fallon does the same or he'll laugh over them, its so annoying!

I prefer Seth Meyers out of the American lot as I think he's a lot better at interviewing and he actually lets the celebs speak.
Jimmy Fallon is a pain in the ass. And there are so many blind gossips alluding to him having drug issues and affairs.

I like what I've seen of Ellen but I have read that she is horrible to be around. Who knows what is true though.

Reactions: 2
I've heard repeatedly that she's awful when the camera isn't on. I also saw this about her show (allegedly) and I can believe it.
ETA: I love that she supports so many wildlife charities, though. That's a brilliant thing to do with her platform.

Reactions: 7
I remember her having a genuinely kind and nice persona when I was growing up. But she has really only kept that impression to my parent's generation. I got turned off from her from all of her scaring people pranks and the way she makes people uncomfortable on air.
Now I've seen a whole bunch of people making videos about how she has apparently started a new segment of making fun of teenagers because they don't know how to use obsolete things because they've been made more convenient with technology. I find that using other people as the butt of a joke really distasteful.

I read somewhere that she doesn’t want to do the show anymore but her brother told her she has to because the world is such a miserable place and needs her to make people laugh 😐
She does look sooo fed up to me tbf

• Sick
Reactions: 4
There are a heck of a lot of articles out there about the 'real' her. Whether or not they're true I don't know but I don't get a great feeling about her. She does seem tired and bored ... and she doesn't even do her dance anymore. If she's had enough then she should just step away while she's at the top of her game and return for the odd special edition.

I do love all the real estate articles about her though - she has incredible taste in properties and is constantly buying and selling.

Reactions: 9
A former writer from The Ellen Show revealed that the 62-year-old treated her writing staff like, well, "s--t."

"We'd watch her in rehearsals, smiling and winning us over with her charm and comic timing," the anonymous writer revealed. "Then the director would yell cut, her face would fall, and she'd level a glare at the writers. 'Why do you keep writing these unfunny jokes?' she'd hiss." Fans were shocked by the allegations, but the rumors never tarnished her reputation.

in 2016 the rumors went mainstream. In her book Kathy Griffin's Celebrity Run-Ins: My A-Z Index, comedian Kathy Griffin mentioned a certain "talk show host" with "short blonde hair" . “I can’t prove it, but this person, who has short blonde hair, has a mean streak that all of Hollywood knows about.”

Later, the rumors of Ellen's "meanness" persisted. In 2017, Corinne Olympios, of The Bachelor fame, begrudgingly admitted that her interview with the talk show host made her "uncomfortable." "She's very aggressive, she was very cold when I saw her before the show, which I don't think I was supposed to, because everybody got very nervous when we bumped into each other and you could tell they were like 'oh, s--t.'"

I started noticing something was "off" about Ellen's persona while watching an interview she did with Katy Perry in 2017. At the time, the reports were focused on Katy's "odd" behavior, but for me, all I could concentrate on was Ellen's weird aggressiveness. She seemed annoyed by the pop star, as if she was quietly seething with contempt, which is weird considering the two have known each other for years. And it's not just me. Others on reddit have noticed it too, particularly when she interviewed the cast of Stranger Things. "Hi all I was just watching a video of the four boys playing the questionnaire game on the Ellen show and I noticed she seemed a little off and frustrated," a commenter wrote. "A lot of people in the comments noticed it too. Some said maybe the boys were a bit too loud and rowdy, but she reacted the same, almost rude."

During her misbegotten season of judging American Idol, Fox promoted it as Nice (Ellen) vs Nasty (Simon). But I heard from a VERY respected entertainment journalist that everyone knew that behind the scenes it was the complete reverse. Simon is known for being a mensch and Ellen a tyrant. It makes me sad given her trail blazing but I can separate that from the reality of what sounds like a miserable off camera personality.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
She didn't seem to like it when her first DJ amassed a huge fan base from being on her show ...

The writers behind these 'talents' are the ones who do (most of) the real work - a lot of people don't realise that. Sure, Ellen has a stand-up comedy background, but that's different to hosting a talk show. I remember when Joan Rivers got into a spat with her writers for not supporting their strike action, demanding their lost wages and overtime to be paid.

I agree with others here there’s just something about her doesn’t sit well with me.