Elle Florence #5 Granny Aesthetics, balancing unemployment and the art of scamming

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The truth is, this is not 1960s and the world is no longer packed with men who earn enough to be the sole breadwinners AND provide a comfortable middle class lifestyle for their families. Unless you inherited a property and you don't have to pay for a mortgage, you will need two people working (with at least one of them being employed full time) to maintain a lifestyle Smelle is used to. If the guy has a well paid job thanks to his university education, he'll also have some student debt to pay back.

Speaking of debt, someone wrote Smelle got to study for free thanks to her European citizenship. That's not quite right, at the time she studied in England, university fees for Brits and Europeans were around £3.5k a year. Her mother either paid it cash or Smelle could have received a loan from the UK government which comes with a very low interest rate. I know this is minuscule compared to US university fees but I wanted to set the record straight.

Smelle isn't amazing or rich enough for a super wealthy guy to be interested in her. Also, having spoken to my middle class male friends and colleagues, not a single one of them is interested in sponsoring their girlfriend/ wife so she can sit at home and do nothing. If the women are able- bodied and have no medical conditions, these men see no reason why they wouldn't work. Some of them will obviously stay at home to care for children because childcare in the UK is ridiculously expensive and the men will then become temporary sole breadwinners but when their kids go to school, women are expected to join the workforce again.

Reactions: 10
Is it unreasonable to think that Elle is perhaps a little afraid of ending up like her mom (I.e. no husband / long-term relationship, alone).
If she is (and I am sure she is on some level) she hasn't figured out a very good plan to keep that from happening.

Reactions: 8
Oh yeah, Elle is for sure afraid of being alone and I can definitely believe on some subconscious (maybe conscious) level she’s afraid of ending up like her mother. Which is odd to me because unless Ginette is different off camera or tells this to Elle privately, I don’t get the impression she’s miserable being single. However it could be because Ginette has Elle.

The way I see it Elle’s relationship woes are of her own doing. She refuses to live honestly unless under extreme pressure/duress, and even then it’s not without an occasional white lie or hyperbole. If Elle were a guy and was talking to one of my single girlfriends, I’d call him a scumbag. If she ends up alone (which is starting to look like it), I wouldn’t feel bad for her in the slightest.

Reactions: 9
Oh yeah, Elle is for sure afraid of being alone
Even more than she is afraid of being alone, she's afraid of people knowing she's alone and its against her will. Particularly people from her past who were jerks to her but probably don't even remember her now.

She's also afraid that once her Mom is gone and the inheritance is spent, she's not going to have a way to support her lifestyle on her own. On an existential level, Mr Next is to prove the naysayers of her past wrong, but on a purely practical level, he is meant to replace Ginette as an ATM.

Reactions: 15
Bit early but this is my suggestion for the next thread title:

Eleanor Florence #6: Sneaky scammer, never the dumper. Thinks she's so clever, but Tattlers know better

This was partially inspired by the title of this thread (and I will link/credit them once the time comes).

Almost time for a new thread and gonna shamelessly plug a title that I was inspired to create many pages earlier. Please vote and feel free to add any ideas you have.

1) Eleanor Florence #6: Sneaky scammer, never the dumper. Thinks she's so clever, but Tattlers know better

2) Elle Florence #6 Gold Digger Downgraded To Pickmeisha (thanks @LuvYoutube!)

Is it unreasonable to think that Elle is perhaps a little afraid of ending up like her mom (I.e. no husband / long-term relationship, alone). Surely, Elle has thought about the future and what it would look like not having her best friend by her side anymore. Perhaps it’s this fear that has contributed to these quick pursuits of relationships? Maybe as much as she loves her mom, and as much as she says that she’s used to being alone, maybe she thinks it’s all a short-term sacrifice to achieve any semblance of a relationship in the end? Or at minimum, a child/co-dependent?
I feel like a lot of people have those fears so that's not unreasonable. Elle has a very small family (basically her and Ginette) and if momma G were no longer in the picture, she would definitely be alone. Elle doesn't seem to have a lot of close friendships either so I actually can understand and sympathize with her wanting to find a partner and have her own family. I don't believe in pressuring women when it comes to finding a partner but assuming you want a traditional set-up (marriage and then biological children, which I think Elle does want), your time is somewhat limited by your biological clock for the children part.

Her behavior and integrity, however, would not be appealing to any decent person. She is lazy, vapid, and takes advantage of people she dates. She also misrepresents every facet of her life to look better than she actually is, scams people, and has a perpetual victim mentality whenever something doesn't go her way. Those traits all make her very unappealing to be a in a serious and long term relationship with. Eleanor Florence is also objectively not that eligible (looks basic without makeup post plastic surgery, no career development, doesn't seem to have much going for her practically speaking) so I'm not sure what she's banking on exactly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Even more than she is afraid of being alone, she's afraid of people knowing she's alone and its against her will. Particularly people from her past who were jerks to her but probably don't even remember her now.

She's also afraid that once her Mom is gone and the inheritance is spent, she's not going to have a way to support her lifestyle on her own. On an existential level, Mr Next is to prove the naysayers of her past wrong, but on a purely practical level, he is meant to replace Ginette as an ATM.
A lot of people get bullied when they were younger. Kate Middleton was bullied but I don't think she needs to prove those girls wrong now.

I'm thinking maybe Elle should study investment a bit and learn how to manage money. If she wants to get married and be a SAHM, maybe marrying an older guy (say in his 40s or 50s) would be better. I'm just being realistic and not indulging in fantasies (Elle's fantasies of living the cinderella life and marrying Prince Charming).

And I vote for title 2) Elle Florence #6 Gold Digger Downgraded To Pickmeisha

Ladies I love y'all for liking my post but can you make an actual post with a vote on your favorite title (if you haven't already)? :ROFLMAO:

If not, I'll just eventually choose the title/post with the most likes before the thread blows up.

1) Eleanor Florence #6: Sneaky scammer, never the dumper. Thinks she's so clever, but Tattlers know better

3) Elle Florence #6: UnwElle in SeattElle (thanks @boredstrom!)

Reactions: 1
Almost time for a new thread and gonna shamelessly plug a title that I was inspired to create many pages earlier. Please vote and feel free to add any ideas you have.

I feel like a lot of people have those fears so that's not unreasonable. Elle has a very small family (basically her and Ginette) and if momma G were no longer in the picture, she would definitely be alone. Elle doesn't seem to have a lot of close friendships either so I actually can understand and sympathize with her wanting to find a partner and have her own family. I don't believe in pressuring women when it comes to finding a partner but assuming you want a traditional set-up (marriage and then biological children, which I think Elle does want), your time is somewhat limited by your biological clock for the children part.

Her behavior and integrity, however, would not be appealing to any decent person. She is lazy, vapid, and takes advantage of people she dates. She also misrepresents every facet of her life to look better than she actually is, scams people, and has a perpetual victim mentality whenever something doesn't go her way. Those traits all make her very unappealing to be a in a serious and long term relationship with. Eleanor Florence is also objectively not that eligible (looks basic without makeup post plastic surgery, no career development, doesn't seem to have much going for her practically speaking) so I'm not sure what she's banking on exactly.
Omg, YES to this post. Couldn’t have said this better myself. I was going to write something to add to this but then I realized it would be mean and harsh. 😂 Anyway I don’t like to wish aloneness on anyone; I know it’s gotta deeply hurt for Elle to know she isn’t married and doesn’t have kids. But it’s difficult for me to feel that bad if she’s going to act and think the way she does.

I’m actually going to vote this time and say Title Number 2 😂

Reactions: 5
Omg, YES to this post. Couldn’t have said this better myself. I was going to write something to add to this but then I realized it would be mean and harsh. 😂 Anyway I don’t like to wish aloneness on anyone; I know it’s gotta deeply hurt for Elle to know she isn’t married and doesn’t have kids. But it’s difficult for me to feel that bad if she’s going to act and think the way she does.

I’m actually going to vote this time and say Title Number 2 😂
I honestly don't know why Elle is so afraid of being alone. A lot of women have kids w/o a guy.

She's single and carefree now. Having a husband and children is a burden. I mean your husband could get sick, lose his money, lose his business, cheat on you, all sorts of stuff (I'm not being a pessimist, I'm just being realistic...) or even die. Children are fine and cute when they are younger but when they hit the teen years, they can be nightmares. And realistically 50% of all marriages end in divorce (again not being a pessimist but it's a fact).

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I honestly don't know why Elle is so afraid of being alone. A lot of women have kids w/o a guy.

She's single and carefree now. Having a husband and children is a burden. I mean your husband could get sick, lose his money, lose his business, cheat on you, all sorts of stuff (I'm not being a pessimist, I'm just being realistic...) or even die. Children are fine and cute when they are younger but when they hit the teen years, they can be nightmares.
TBF, I don’t like being single, as much as I hate to admit this because (and this is me being very self-critical here) I find my inclination as a personal weakness. I really admire people who enjoy being single and I wish I could be like them. My life would have been much less complicated if I preferred singledom to couplehood! So on some level I sympathize with Elle and her desperate attempts to get with someone, although I wouldn’t settle or throw my values out the window for a man.

I don’t know what it’s like to want kids because I never want them, but from what I’ve read and understand through friends who do want them/have them, the feeling is primal and doesn’t go away. So I can imagine it really sucks for her not to have a child or be a mom yet, esp when she goes by a life script that she should be having her first (or second) by now. I also think she doesn’t fully understand what having children really entails, mostly because she’s immature and tends to see things in rose colored lenses.

• Heart
Its pretty crazy to watch her vlogmas videos from her first xmas with Joe, before they lived together. He clowns around and plays along in the videos and seems to genuinely have fun. Granted Elle was shiny and new to him then, but then you contrast that with the Vlogmases from Xmas two after they had been living together for a few months and you can see he's so sick of being taken advantage of and all her bullshit.

I don't think anyone should ever marry someone they haven't lived with first (for the exact reason that Joe experienced), but Elle, if you want to get a husband, even for a short time, don't live with him before you walk down that aisle!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I vote for:

2) Elle Florence #6 Gold Digger Downgraded To Pickmeisha

May I suggest adding her last name/full name to all new threads. So they show up when people Google her. 😂

I vote for:

2) Elle Florence #6 Gold Digger Downgraded To Pickmeisha

May I suggest adding her last name/full name to all new threads. So they show up when people Google her. 😂
I plan to have Eleanor Florence Lecocq, given we've heard she uses Eleanor Florence for dating. ;)

Also I had to look up Pickmeisha cause of this thread haha but I agree it's the perfect word to describe Elle.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Shouldn’t there have been a video up today? What is this woman doing with her time? Could it be she really is studying for the Bar? 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Ladies I love y'all for liking my post but can you make an actual post with a vote on your favorite title (if you haven't already)? :ROFLMAO:

If not, I'll just eventually choose the title/post with the most likes before the thread blows up.

3) Elle Florence #6: UnwElle in SeattElle (thanks @boredstrom!)
I vote for 1) Eleanor Florence #6: Sneaky scammer, never the dumper. Thinks she's so clever, but Tattlers know better

Reactions: 4
Gosh these old vlogmasses are such a treasure trove of peak Elle. The one where she's showing Joe the cat face flats she bought on a whim one day and her ridiculous nails. Those shoes were freaking $500 and she mentions in the vid where she buys them that she made an exception and paid full price because they were so 'cute'

When she's showing them to Joe he's making little jokes about them, but you can tell he probably thinks they cost her something like 70 bucks, like one would expect goofy novelty flats with a cat face to cost. The warnings were there Joe, you just didn't do your due diligence!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Inspired by her hiking excursion:

Elle Florence: Over the hill in a full face of cakeup.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.