Elle Florence #18 From Joe to Rick, now married to a hick: husband at last, baguette arriving fast šŸ„–

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is not even looking at the camera that much anymore. Her gurgly, phlegmy voice (Go see an ENT doctor, Elle!) compounded by her looking away from the camera for the most part of the video made the overall sound quality terrible.

Reactions: 7
She is not even looking at the camera that much anymore. Her gurgly, phlegmy voice (Go see an ENT doctor, Elle!) compounded by her looking away from the camera for the most part of the video made the overall sound quality terrible.
True. I thought it was odd that she wasn't staring at herself in the viewfinder as much. Sound was horrible, and so was the lighting. She was so washed out in some scenes, it hurt my eyes. But I'm not really surprised; guess we should be thankful she didn't leave a "3, 2, 1" in there. LOL.

[

• Haha
Not making eye contact...could it be that Girlboss is feeling a little less confident of her amazingness these days?

Reactions: 4
If you look at her IG, that's her description of herself, "creating content that balances practicality and aesthetics." It really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Nothing about her or her content is practical and her aesthetic is questionable.

I love that she's using the cabinet Joe refinished for the nursery and continues to wear the diamond bracelet he gave her.
I totally missed the cabinet refinish! Is the Vancouver video still up where she talks about it?

Reactions: 1
I totally missed the cabinet refinish! Is the Vancouver video still up where she talks about it?
It was during the apartment tour, I think? Elle only mentioned it in passing. When they bought it, it was a beech colour and Joe stained it. Elle had it in her "office" area and cluttered it up with knick knacks.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
How does having a baby work in the US if you have health insurance? Will they still have a big bill for the hospital stay etc even with insurance?

Reactions: 1
It depends on your insurance and what type of treatment and procedures you have received. The expenses can vary widely.
A recent study (https://19thnews.org/2022/07/cost-giving-birth-pregnancy-insurance/) found the average cost, after a good insurance plan pays out, is $2,800. That's if your insurance is through your employer and they contribute a lot to your plan from a large insurance company. If you purchase a plan without your employer subsidizing it or you work for a company that doesn't contribute a lot, you could pay a lot more. Fisherman works at a Jeff Bezos-owned aerospace company so I would assume the benefits are pretty good.

In Elle terms, the cost of birthing in the US is equivalent to a new Saint Laurent bag or 6-8 cashmere sweaters.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
A recent study (https://19thnews.org/2022/07/cost-giving-birth-pregnancy-insurance/) found the average cost, after a good insurance plan pays out, is $2,800. That's if your insurance is through your employer and they contribute a lot to your plan from a large insurance company. If you purchase a plan without your employer subsidizing it or you work for a company that doesn't contribute a lot, you could pay a lot more. Fisherman works at a Jeff Bezos-owned aerospace company so I would assume the benefits are pretty good.

In Elle terms, the cost of birthing in the US is equivalent to a new Saint Laurent bag or 6-8 cashmere sweaters.
Yeah my husband works at Amazon and the insurance is really good. It's the same insurance plan I have had elsewhere, but with Amazon, we never have had out of pocket costs because they supplement to cover those. Also, the time we had to go to the ER and my husband needed surgery they really rolled out the red carpet for us at the hospital (which seemed funny, but hey, I will take it). I am guessing her husband's insurance is comparable.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Yeah my husband works at Amazon and the insurance is really good. It's the same insurance plan I have had elsewhere, but with Amazon, we never have had out of pocket costs because they supplement to cover those. Also, the time we had to go to the ER and my husband needed surgery they really rolled out the red carpet for us at the hospital (which seemed funny, but hey, I will take it). I am guessing her husband's insurance is comparable.
Maybe that's why they got married.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Do we want to start a wager on what her ā€˜push presentā€™ will be?

Also ā€” Do you think theyā€™ll get a Tiffanyā€™s tiara for Baguetteā€¦ or will she simply just inherit Elleā€™s heirloom silver spoonā€¦. šŸ„„ šŸ‘‘

• Haha
Do we want to start a wager on what her ā€˜push presentā€™ will be?
If there isn't a push present, I'm pretty sure she will make herself scarce, accordingly -- to avoid dealing with any self-imposed embarrassment. Ofcourse this is all based on her own personal expectations of what she deserves.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Oh my god I cannot even bear the thought of Nouvelle Pearlā€™s new Baguette collection of pearls mixed with birth stones and matching pashminas ā˜ 

• Haha
If there isn't a push present, I'm pretty sure she will make herself scarce, accordingly -- to avoid dealing with any self-imposed embarrassment. Ofcourse this is all based on her own personal expectations of what she deserves.
Elle is the type to demand a push present, sulk when she doesn't get it, and then push her mother to buy her something expensive as a consolation and pass it off as a push present to her viewers.

"This lovely Chanel handbag came from my family and it's so nice" while flashing her ring finger, but we all know it's from mama G's purse.

Reactions: 9
We're still waiting for the engagement ring that he didn't buy her because they will design it together as he knows her so well and knew she'd want to be part of the design process.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
We're still waiting for the engagement ring that he didn't buy her because they will design it together as he knows her so well and knew she'd want to be part of the design process.
I bet we'll see it. She's so obsessed with appearances and papering over the cracks of her hasty engagement that she'll prioritize getting that ring done (with minimal participation from her spouse). In Elle world, getting a manicure and her belated engagement ring are the top priorities before the baby arrives. Hopefully, sixty-something Ginette is keeping up on her multivitamins and protein because she's about to be run ragged caring for a newborn.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I have a feeling baguette will be named Ginette. I can see Elle calling her Ginny or Ginnie or GG or baby G, or princess G lol cray cray

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Probably because she didnā€™t want to ā€œhurtā€ her little cabbage (aka Elle). šŸ™„ As much as I think Elle is responsible for her current behavior, I do think itā€™s Ginetteā€™s fault for not correcting her daughterā€™s eye when she was a baby or at least when she was really young. Elleā€™s lazy eye is so bad now, she canā€™t correct it now as an adult, itā€™s too late. šŸ¤Ŗ

Do you all really think her marriage with Fishy wonā€™t last? Personally I canā€™t see him doing any better. šŸ¤”
I think men tend to overestimate how well they can do.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.