Elle Florence #18 From Joe to Rick, now married to a hick: husband at last, baguette arriving fast 🥖

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I found this interview Elle did --

She says her mother was "a financial whiz in a male-dominated environment in the 80s". Hmmm what sort of financial whiz would allow their 30-something child to be an unemployed grifter for years on end? Would a financial whiz really have an out-of-wedlock baby with a man from a foreign country?

Her best advice is to "Be careful what you wish for, and especially, who you wish for. Surround yourself with good people who want the best for you, who you can trust. I learned this one the hard way!". Is that a thinly-veiled reference to Rick? She needs to stop. He didn't force her to get engaged, she was a willing partner in that farce!
Elle is clearly still bitter about Joe dumping her and Rick breaking the engagement. She chose to drop everything for Rick. And she chose to treat Joe like an accessory. If she had treated Joe better maybe they'd have gotten married. Had she not dropped everything for Rick she'd at least still have her stable job in Van.

I have a friend that reminds me of Elle. But instead of expensive bags she brags about her expensive trips with her husband and their big house. She made a rash choice once out of desperation due to how things would look to everyone else. (Similar to how Elle was worried about being 30 and not engaged) and then she ended up putting herself 6+ years behind in her career bc of it. Normally I don't care when people do what in their life. There is no rule book. But I love when people like elle and my ex friend who are so concerned about appearance make a rash choice (out of a desire to keep up with appearance) and screw themselves out of what they really want.

Also Elle should be heeding her own advice. Can't imagine the life she has now is what she really wanted for herself. She got the husband she wanted but I'm sure she's gonna realize how hollow that husband victory is when she realizes she trapped a guy that doesn't really care about her.

Reactions: 2
Elle, just so you know, when we ay treat Joe better, it doesn't mean cook more pasta and gift him your gifted standing table yoke. We mean get an apartment that you both can afford 50/50, as a Queen of shopping don't gift his Ma a rat for Xmas, don't constantly have a camera in his face when he says he doesn't want to be filmed, actually listen and understand what he is saying and asking of you...etc Basically threat him as an equal and not a credit card.

Reactions: 9
Rick was the guy who blew smoke up her ass. He bought into her "speshulness" just as she did.
Oh that's right, he posted on Gurugossip about how we could all learn from Elle's grace and fortitude in the face of all the hardships she's faced. He was as deluded as her mother.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Weren't we supposed to start getting videos this week? 🤔 Was she taking 3 months off from the date she made her last video (presumably sometime in the last week of December) or from the date she posted her last video (January 20)? If its the latter, guess we have another month to go!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Weren't we supposed to start getting videos this week? 🤔 Was she taking 3 months off from the date she made her last video (presumably sometime in the last week of December) or from the date she posted her last video (January 20)? If its the latter, guess we have another month to go!
She’s probably taking more time off now because of her Canadian/European heritage. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I noticed that Ginette and Elle have the same leopard coat. I'm sure Fisherman appreciates seeing both of his roommates waddle around in the same old lady floral dresses and matching coats. He probably can't tell them apart. By now he's realizing that the 'career oriented lawyer' ;) he dated is now only interested in pumping out babies and being a stay at home mom. Yeah Fisherman, Elle pulled a long con job on you. She was hoping after she passed the bar you'd propose but decided to take matters into her own hands. I wonder if she's broken the news that she won't be going back to work or if she's waiting for another oopsie pregnancy.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She updated her law firm page to reflect her new married name, so I guess she plans to keep up the illusion of being employable. 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Would you hire Eleanor Le Coque Grumpstump to be your lawyer?
Exactly. Zero US practice experience. Basically zero Canadian practice experience since she didn't practice law after articling. She had a law-adjacent job for years and taught an online course for notaries in training.

I wonder why this firm doesn't care? I guess maybe because they're all independent contractors? I can't imagine she has billed a dime for her time there.
---
Revisiting Elle's inflated CV has got me feeling nostalgic. I suppose it was just about 3 years ago exactly that she pretended to be a Seattle business a few weeks into her short-term Airbnb stay and tricked a local media site into promoting her jewelry business as one that sourced from local suppliers. The callout online was ruthless and completely warranted. I wish I had screenshots!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
She updated her law firm page to reflect her new married name, so I guess she plans to keep up the illusion of being employable. 🤷‍♀️
I guess she is back from maternity leave ready to take on new clients 😆 she updated her bio to include she enjoys spending time with her husband and baby daughter.

I don’t think Elle will come back to YouTube or Instagram. She got what she wanted a husband and baby, and now I think she will just fade away and live her out-dated house in the suburbs/fishing for holiday life. Not exactly what she wanted and nothing to show off. Even with Rick we got a few wedding planning/dress shopping videos and that didn’t work out. She really went the no internet showing to not jinx it approach with this one and I think she now sees how much happier she can be if she stops posting so much online. She knows she has nothing to brag about now anyways.

YouTube was her place to show off. If her and Joe had worked out…omg we would have had a million wedding planning videos and baby shopping hauls. But I think all the broken relationships online and constant moves to less attractive houses and views have humbled her a bit.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
She's claiming hiking and fishing as hobbies on the law firm's website. Very unprofessional but also lies. Yeah, parading around the wharf in your hooker heels while heavily pregnant is not exactly fishing, Eleanor. What a weirdo!

Screenshot_20230403-120118.jpg

• Haha
The whole point of these lifestyle YouTubers is that their lives are meant to be the right combination of relatable and aspirational. Elle was never relatable and she's certainly not aspirational these days. The reality is that most of her viewers likely have lives that are similar to, or better than, Elle's. So her whole I'm-better-than-everyone bs just doesn't work anymore. She's thoroughly mediocre. The writing is on the stick-on wallpaper.

Reactions: 11
I follow Joe on Instagram still, mostly bc I liked a lot of his underwater photography. Anyway it looks like he just proposed to his gf on a beach somewhere and the ring looks big. I hope Elle is seething

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.