Elle Florence #18 From Joe to Rick, now married to a hick: husband at last, baguette arriving fast šŸ„–

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Even in her birth announcement post, she had to emphasize how the baby arrived "swiftly." You can stop, Elle. The baby arrived "swiftly" as much as you are a "lawyer" and as much as Rick is a "professor of ethics." :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Fisherman: Jewel-ee-anna
Elle: Guu-eee-le-aa-ana (in Italian accent)
Ginette: Zee-zee
Everyone else: Gigi
The poor kid is going to be Guliana Gorilla on the playground. What were you thinking, Elle?!!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
There is NO way Fishy had any input on the babyā€™s name. I agree with @boredstrom, Elle probably told him what she wanted and he just went with it. His own first name is as generic as they come, he probably wanted to name his daughter something common and more easier to pronounce like Katie or Amy.

I donā€™t know Giuliana this is a step up from Vera, which I thought was so old sounding, but I guess after the troll account (either here or the old forum, canā€™t remember), she couldnā€™t use that name anymore. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ Also wasnā€™t it Elle who condescendingly described her mother looking too ā€œMediterraneanā€ while Elle liked to assume she was more white European looking?! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ Since when did Elle embrace being Italian more than French?!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Also wasnā€™t it Elle who condescendingly described her mother looking too ā€œMediterraneanā€ while Elle liked to assume she was more white European looking?! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ Since when did Elle embrace being Italian more than French?!
How is there a difference? Mother and daughter are practically twins. Also, was there a racial hierarchy implied in her statement? Like, I am whiter so better? She has no friends of color, which in my book makes her uninteresting. She lacks curiosity and interest to explore the social life of the multicultural cities she lives in.

She is so boring and basic.

Reactions: 9
USER=111915 said:
@boredstrom[/USER], Also wasnā€™t it Elle who condescendingly described her mother looking too ā€œMediterraneanā€ while Elle liked to assume she was more white European looking?! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ Since when did Elle embrace being Italian more than French?!
Thatā€™s despicable if she equates being ā€œwhiterā€ than her ā€œmediterraneanā€ mother via her ā€œsupposedly Frenchā€ father as superior. Newsflash Elle- you were born out of wedlock so by your own outdated, backward standards, you would have been shunned by society. How dare she put down the parent who actually stuck by her šŸ˜”

Reactions: 7
Not sure why this didn't occur to me before, but isn't that terrible book/movie Gigi about a 16 year old girl who is being groomed by her crazy aunts to chase and lock down wealthy men in Paris?

Oh Elle . . .

• Haha
Thatā€™s despicable if she equates being ā€œwhiterā€ than her ā€œmediterraneanā€ mother via her ā€œsupposedly Frenchā€ father as superior. Newsflash Elle- you were born out of wedlock so by your own outdated, backward standards, you would have been shunned by society. How dare she put down the parent who actually stuck by her šŸ˜”
Her mother is just your average white boomer though? I've never thought she looked Mediterranean, at all.

I find all of Elle's mentions of her heritage awkward and thirsty, regardless of the parent. You're not Belgian or French or Italian, you are an American with an American passport and birth certificate. Why that drives her crazy is beyond me.

Reactions: 12
To give Elle the benefit of the doubt, I think she was just being tone deaf and bratty when she made that comment. I forget how the conversation led up to that point, but I think Elle felt that her mother was ā€œunderminingā€ (which Ginette wasnā€™t AT ALL) Elleā€™s European heritage so she made that statement to reiterate how she is European. Despite never having lived there! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

I will say that I think the baby is cute and I hope Elle understands what she signed up for. A child isnā€™t a doll you can just play dress up with!

Reactions: 3
Not sure why this didn't occur to me before, but isn't that terrible book/movie Gigi about a 16 year old girl who is being groomed by her crazy aunts to chase and lock down wealthy men in Paris?

Oh Elle . . .
Yes, it is about a young woman being groomed to be a courtesan. Leslie Caron, who plays Gigi in the film, is lovely and talented, but the movie is rather cringeworthy. It opens with an elderly man singing the song, "Thank Heaven for Little Girls", while ogling girls and young women in a park. If Elle is even aware of this film, she probably thinks it is awesome.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
I'm not sure anything will get real for Elle until the dark sad day that Mama G tells her the bank account is empty.
Considering her reaction to previous events, nothing gets through to this woman. Like when Rick dumped her, she popped up in Seattle and was excited to start anew. No mention or reflection on ditching her career and entire life to marry a man she'd known five months. She acted like it's something we've all been through! She was straight onto the next girlboss move (finish inside me/luxury Airbnb on mom's dime). Now she has a baby and husband and in her mind it's the perfect life. Yet she's unemployed, has no career prospects, he's a crazy conservative (maybe), she has no friends and they rely on her mother for money.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I'm not sure anything will get real for Elle until the dark sad day that Mama G tells her the bank account is empty.
Someday it will and sooner than later. Heck even the Vanderbilts ran out of money within 3 generations or so. If you only spend and don't invest and you don't have a cash generating company, you can't have generational wealth.

Ginette is not that rich either - hence Elle was looking at mortgages for a Vancouver home.

Yet she's unemployed, has no career prospects, he's a crazy conservative (maybe), she has no friends and they rely on her mother for money.
Elle doesn't seem to get that she's not fit to be a lawyer but never worked consistently at any job. Any job and career needs dedication and effort.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Elle is the definition of missed/wasted opportunities,if she was likeable or modest it would be sad.

Reactions: 7
Saying a baby arrived swiftly makes it seem it just slid out and right into the doctorā€™s arms. What a strange choice of words for an equally strange visual.
Itā€™s strange terminology to use. I think she is trying to imply the baby came early without actually saying it since itā€™s a lie. We have all speculated she lied about her due date being later.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Itā€™s strange terminology to use. I think she is trying to imply the baby came early without actually saying it since itā€™s a lie. We have all speculated she lied about her due date being later.
My money is on this!

Reactions: 3
Saying a baby arrived swiftly makes it seem it just slid out and right into the doctorā€™s arms. What a strange choice of words for an equally strange visual.
Right!! I am picturing lil' Gigi shooting out and onto the floor of the Alfa Romeo as Fishy is driving them to the hospital. šŸ¤£

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.