Elle Florence #15 Bottle Blonde and Chanel by the Pond, How Long until Fisherman Figures Out the Con?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How much more would Elle have to lower her expectations before a man proposes? Special Someone, Rick, and Eric are already way worse than Joe and even Chris. You'd think that something would've worked out by now. I almost feel sorry for her.
She really is that unattractive, isn’t she? I know that’s really mean to say, but if it’s true that Eric left and it clearly didn’t work with Rick I really don’t know who she could date anymore. A mail order groom?! No amount of free home cooked meals, cheap rent, and easy sex could convince them to stay. Yeesh.

God, I hope burning her beautiful brown hair with bleach was really worth it. 🙄 That was a huge mistake on her part and now look what happened.

If she really wants to get married she needs to go to a freaking shrink to tighten that loose head of hers and realize how much she is getting in the way of her own romantic life.

BTW, I don’t believe in soulmates nor do I believe you need to be married to be happy. Just seeing Elle go crazy on these worthless men makes me disgusted. I can’t believe women like her do this to themselves all for the sake of a “happily ever after” that doesn’t exist in real life.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Elle has no self respect so men don't respect her. Respect comes before love. She also thinks that having a big wedding will solve life's problems. It doesn't. Marriage and kids only makes life more complicated. No man wants the burden of being responsible for her happiness.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
If she has been dumped again then Elle is undateable. She was already desperate but now she will be 100% unhinged.
Make peace with it. Go with the flow. Move in with Ginette. Buy every bag. Spend thousands at Sephora. Stop running from who you really are. Embrace being a pampered spinster.
The only things she really cares about are shopping, dining out and bragging. If she just quits social media, she can spend every day doing what really loves.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
No man wants the burden of being responsible for her happiness.
Especially with how much she ties that happiness to $5000 bags, $400 sweaters and $100 candles. No one wants to pay those bills to keep anyone happy. Any guy shallow enough to not mind taking down those bills isn't going to do it for someone who looks 45 at 33.

I love how her youtube banner says 'uploads every Monday and Friday' and yet she only has 5 uploads in 2 months . . . Come on Elle, underpromise and over-deliver! Isn't that what you were trying with Rick?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
She really is that unattractive, isn’t she? I know that’s really mean to say, but if it’s true that Eric left and it clearly didn’t work with Rick I really don’t know who she could date anymore. A mail order groom?! No amount of free home cooked meals, cheap rent, and easy sex could convince them to stay. Yeesh.

God, I hope burning her beautiful brown hair with bleach was really worth it. 🙄 That was a huge mistake on her part and now look what happened.

If she really wants to get married she needs to go to a freaking shrink to tighten that loose head of hers and realize how much she is getting in the way of her own romantic life.

BTW, I don’t believe in soulmates nor do I believe you need to be married to be happy. Just seeing Elle go crazy on these worthless men makes me disgusted. I can’t believe women like her do this to themselves all for the sake of a “happily ever after” that doesn’t exist in real life.
She really doesn't need a man compared to most people. Not saying any woman does, but Eleanor has more than enough support from mommy whether it's in the form of handouts, luxury trips and gifts, or emotional support. Ginette acts like the sun shines out of Elle's ass, and continues to support her daughter's messy life choices despite how unfruitful they are. What does Elle even need a man for, given she doesn't care about actual compatibility? Mommy can easily fund the lifestyle she wants.

Reactions: 10
She really doesn't need a man compared to most people. Not saying any woman does, but Eleanor has more than enough support from mommy whether it's in the form of handouts, luxury trips and gifts, or emotional support. Ginette acts like the sun shines out of Elle's ass, and continues to support her daughter's messy life choices despite how unfruitful they are. What does Elle even need a man for, given she doesn't care about actual compatibility? Mommy can easily fund the lifestyle she wants.
At this point I think the need for a man is all about proving the mean girls (including all of us) wrong.

Elle, in all honesty, we don't really like being right every time you make things worse in your ill-advised attempts to land a man. A better way to prove us all wrong would be to stop sabotaging your life.

Reactions: 10
Snark aside, I feel sorry for her. It must have been rough growing up and knowing that her dad didn't want anything to do with having her as a daughter. I can imagine young Elle wondering why her dad didn't want her and probably crying about it. Those sorts of things can stick with you for life and lead to the choices you make as an adult if your other parent isn't careful. Poor Elle is trying to desperately cling to a man--any man--because she's terrified of being walked out on.

Reactions: 9
Snark aside, I feel sorry for her. It must have been rough growing up and knowing that her dad didn't want anything to do with having her as a daughter. I can imagine young Elle wondering why her dad didn't want her and probably crying about it. Those sorts of things can stick with you for life and lead to the choices you make as an adult if your other parent isn't careful. Poor Elle is trying to desperately cling to a man--any man--because she's terrified of being walked out on.
Most people have some family issues, be it an absent parent, a parent who is bad at controlling their emotions, a sibling with an incurable illness etc. Which is why there's therapy available. It's not like Smelle has been struggling to make ends meet in the past decade, she would have been better off paying a professional to show her how to manage her daddy issues rather than buying a 5th Chanel purse.

Reactions: 11
At this point it's not possible for Elle to have an engagement that would make anyone jealous. If she ever manages to get engaged everyone will just assume that she settled or finally wore someone down. I think more than being happy she wants a life she thinks others will covet. It's juvenile.
Two years in Seattle and all she's done is financed a jewel toned car and gone fishing. This is why I don't feel sorry for her. Every opportunity is wasted. Another reason I don't feel sorry for Elle is that I don't believe getting married and having kids would make her happy. Her interest in other people is surface level. She wants to get married because she thinks having a partner makes other people think you're desirable.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
If she has been dumped again then Elle is undateable. She was already desperate but now she will be 100% unhinged.
Make peace with it. Go with the flow. Move in with Ginette. Buy every bag. Spend thousands at Sephora. Stop running from who you really are. Embrace being a pampered spinster.
The only things she really cares about are shopping, dining out and bragging. If she just quits social media, she can spend every day doing what really loves.
She can't quit because a huge part of her personality is bragging. Since she doesn't have a cohort of "friends" that she can show off to, social media is the next option.

Reactions: 6
I think Ginette did more than enough as a single parent - she provided Elle with a lovely house growing up, private schools, tutoring for law board exams, a lot of spending money, Tiffany's silver jewelry, debt free college, and whole closet full of Lululemon in high school. They went to places like Tahiti, Las Vegas and Hawaii for vacation - and ate the lived well when there. Ginette crossed off her I'd and dotted those T's as a single parent. Yes she loves her daughter and is a bit too lenient but we can't blame Ginette for Elle's horrible decision making or bad run in relationships.

Elle needs a therapist and to read some dating books.

Reactions: 13
How much more would Elle have to lower her expectations before a man proposes? Special Someone, Rick, and Eric are already way worse than Joe and even Chris. You'd think that something would've worked out by now. I almost feel sorry for her.
Who knows where the discussion is going to be when/if this gets posted, but Chris and Rick are about the same/the worst, IMO. Chris seemed like a total ass who got even worse once he got a bit of money (and presumably female attention) and Rick seemed like a total "nice guy" who thinks he's way smarter than he is but is actually way creepier than he thinks he is (sliding into Elle's DMs after 10(?) years of no contact, esp. when she's what... 10 years younger and was like 18 when they met... granted, even he must have been surprised by Elle's reaction to his DMs).

Anyway, I'd really love it if Rick came here and defended himself/Elle. His defense of Elle and description of his (swift-clip?) lifestyle a few years ago was one of the most entertaining things I read that year.

I'm not convinced Elle even cares about the people she dates.
Same. She just wants a ring. And I can't understand that (wanting an actual good partner--yes, I can understand that; just a ring/wedding--nope) so I can't feel sorry for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think Ginette did more than enough as a single parent - she provided Elle with a lovely house growing up, private schools, tutoring for law board exams, a lot of spending money, Tiffany's silver jewelry, debt free college, and whole closet full of Lululemon in high school. They went to places like Tahiti, Las Vegas and Hawaii for vacation - and ate the lived well when there. Ginette crossed off her I'd and dotted those T's as a single parent. Yes she loves her daughter and is a bit too lenient but we can't blame Ginette for Elle's horrible decision making or bad run in relationships.

Elle needs a therapist and to read some dating books.
But Spermbrows also needs to chill with the helicopter parenting. Smelle went to a university in England - her mother followed her there. Smelle went to Hong Kong for an internship - her mother tagged along etc. All of these events took place when Smelle was already an adult, so you can't say that she needed some parental supervision abroad. She couldn't even say she'd struggle to get around because she's a native English speaker who went to English-speaking countries plus every year hundreds of thousands of people move abroad for work and study and their mommies aren't going with them 🤔

If she ever needs to start over again, I think she should move to Hong Kong. It would be a total fresh start. Also I would really like to see what it's like there.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
But Spermbrows also needs to chill with the helicopter parenting. Smelle went to a university in England - her mother followed her there. Smelle went to Hong Kong for an internship - her mother tagged along etc. All of these events took place when Smelle was already an adult, so you can't say that she needed some parental supervision abroad. She couldn't even say she'd struggle to get around because she's a native English speaker who went to English-speaking countries plus every year hundreds of thousands of people move abroad for work and study and their mommies aren't going with them 🤔
A think all of the men Elle dated also realized that once the wedding is over, Mama G is following Elle right into their spare bedroom. Just another reason why they all stopped dating her?

Reactions: 7
If she ever needs to start over again, I think she should move to Hong Kong. It would be a total fresh start. Also I would really like to see what it's like there.
I want to see Elle move to Europe! She has a Belgian passport. Why not move to the "motherland" and be among all the superior Europeanfolk that she idolizes so much? Why not get a job in Brussels "advising on EU law" like she did when she was 19, rofl.

Methinks it's because once she gets to Europe she'd actually be terribly out of place.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
A think all of the men Elle dated also realized that once the wedding is over, Mama G is following Elle right into their spare bedroom. Just another reason why they all stopped dating her?
Lol, there are plenty of non-white men from non-Western backgrounds who wouldn’t mind this arrangement but I doubt Elle would consider these guys.

Reactions: 5
I want to see Elle move to Europe! She has a Belgian passport. Why not move to the "motherland" and be among all the superior Europeanfolk that she idolizes so much? Why not get a job in Brussels "advising on EU law" like she did when she was 19, rofl.

Methinks it's because once she gets to Europe she'd actually be terribly out of place.
I find it funny that she idolizes Europeans and thinks she’s European yet there is nothing European about her. I can’t really think of one thing. I mean, everyone in the US eats waffles and drinks beer and cooks pasta. When I look at Elle, the word “European” never crosses my mind. I work with a lot of Europeans (French, Italian, Spanish, German, Belgian, Austrian, Greek, Hungarian, Romanian, Swiss are just a few of the European nationalities I work with) and also travel to Europe often for work. Indeed, there are many aspects about Europeans that I’d say make them stand out vs. North Americans. When it comes to Elle though, I’d say she’s American with delusions of being European yet she fails spectacularly!

Reactions: 12
Thank you!! That is what I said upthread. I'm American born and raised but I've lived in Europe since 2008 and my fiancé is European (and my two past boyfriends were also European lol, one a Swede and one a Dutchman). Elle would stick out like a sore thumb here. The only "European" thing about her is her healthy relationship with food, imo. Europeans have Americans beat when it comes to that.

I live in a country famous for how its people dress and literally nobody here looks as dolled up as she does. Women here dress well, yes, but Elle always misses the mark in trying to emulate a "European" sense of fashion. The way she dresses is always like bad pageant hair and old lady coordinates. Let's also not forget that there are many countries in Europe where a good portion of the population is very trashy (lol) and not aspirational as Elle seems to think. She thinks "European = gud."

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.