Elle Florence #15 Bottle Blonde and Chanel by the Pond, How Long until Fisherman Figures Out the Con?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find it funny that she idolizes Europeans and thinks she’s European yet there is nothing European about her. I can’t really think of one thing. I mean, everyone in the US eats waffles and drinks beer and cooks pasta. When I look at Elle, the word “European” never crosses my mind. I work with a lot of Europeans (French, Italian, Spanish, German, Belgian, Austrian, Greek, Hungarian, Romanian, Swiss are just a few of the European nationalities I work with) and also travel to Europe often for work. Indeed, there are many aspects about Europeans that I’d say make them stand out vs. North Americans. When it comes to Elle though, I’d say she’s American with delusions of being European yet she fails spectacularly!
Elle is as European as the cast of Jersey Shore is Italian. Which is to say, not at all.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I also find it funny how she insists she was bullied because she was "foreign." Like, really? I'm sure people couldn't care less that she was born in NY and lived in Belgium until she was like 3. People bullied her because she's bleeping weird.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
If she ever needs to start over again, I think she should move to Hong Kong. It would be a total fresh start. Also I would really like to see what it's like there.
Not sure how true this is but I heard from a friend of mine who worked all over East Asia that older (30+, which isn’t old in the grand scheme of things but many cultures are very picky about a woman’s age) white women struggle a lot with dating there. The expat men living there are usually already married or want to date an East Asian woman, and a lot of locals have no interest in dating outside their culture unless you’re in your 20s and conventionally attractive in that barbie way (skinny, blue eyed blondes), and even then, a lot of the richer guys don’t want to marry outside their culture. Rich Chinese guys apparently only marry Chinese women. I doubt Elle would go after someone who isn’t a lawyer or banker in Hong Kong and somehow I don’t think she’d do well there. Not talking down at her, because I wouldn’t meet those standards either but luckily I’m in a happy relationship and not looking for a rich husband like Elle. ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Elle would be considered fat by Asian standards. I'm way skinnier than Elle (I'm 5'3'' and 125 pounds), and I wear XL in Asia. Elle wouldn't even fit in any of the clothes there.

I honestly think Elle should just move back to Vancouver. She moved to Seattle to manhunt which is unbelievable. But Greater Vancouver has a population of 2.5 million. She acts like Vancouver is some hick town with no men. Vancouver has no shortage of men, nor rich men as a matter of fact. Vancouver is the most beautiful, elegant and cosmopolitan city in North America and I bet it has a high density of well heeled rich guys. In fact, I bet plenty of rich guys from all over the world have houses or condos there. She doesn't see that her unhealthy relationships with men is causing all these problems. If she can't net a rich guy in Vancouver, it's her dating skills that needs honing, not the city.

• Heart
I want to see Elle move to Europe! She has a Belgian passport. Why not move to the "motherland" and be among all the superior Europeanfolk that she idolizes so much? Why not get a job in Brussels "advising on EU law" like she did when she was 19, rofl.

Methinks it's because once she gets to Europe she'd actually be terribly out of place.
She'd really know what it is like to feel like am outsider then...

I also find it funny how she insists she was bullied because she was "foreign." Like, really? I'm sure people couldn't care less that she was born in NY and lived in Belgium until she was like 3. People bullied her because she's bleeping weird.
Haha yes fully agree. And not to belittle those who truly suffer bullying for no reason but, for example, I remember that the people that were picked on when I was young were often pretty mean so it was hard to feel bad for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Elle would be considered fat by Asian standards. I'm way skinnier than Elle (I'm 5'3'' and 125 pounds), and I wear XL in Asia. Elle wouldn't even fit in any of the clothes there.

I honestly think Elle should just move back to Vancouver. She moved to Seattle to manhunt which is unbelievable. But Greater Vancouver has a population of 2.5 million. She acts like Vancouver is some hick town with no men. Vancouver has no shortage of men, nor rich men as a matter of fact. Vancouver is the most beautiful, elegant and cosmopolitan city in North America and I bet it has a high density of well heeled rich guys. In fact, I bet plenty of rich guys from all over the world have houses or condos there. She doesn't see that her unhealthy relationships with men is causing all these problems. If she can't net a rich guy in Vancouver, it's her dating skills that needs honing, not the city.
Right just clothes sizing will be a huge culture shock for her. When I buy "one size" items of clothing from Asia they just barely fit me and I'm smaller than Elle.

You are very right, she thought it was the city's fault when really it is her own fault. She thought she needed a new pool of men when really her attitude needs to be changed.

Nothing wrong with wanting to be respected and treated like an equal, and having standards. But Elle clearly wants to be put on a pedestal and have money thrown at her, all while the guy throws words of adoration at her. All she cared about in Van was if the guy made enough money.

Play shallow games, get shallow prizes.

Reactions: 6
I find it funny that she idolizes Europeans and thinks she’s European yet there is nothing European about her. I can’t really think of one thing. I mean, everyone in the US eats waffles and drinks beer and cooks pasta. When I look at Elle, the word “European” never crosses my mind. I work with a lot of Europeans (French, Italian, Spanish, German, Belgian, Austrian, Greek, Hungarian, Romanian, Swiss are just a few of the European nationalities I work with) and also travel to Europe often for work. Indeed, there are many aspects about Europeans that I’d say make them stand out vs. North Americans. When it comes to Elle though, I’d say she’s American with delusions of being European yet she fails spectacularly!
As someone who lives in Sweden I really dislike Elle and other YouTubers who make all these silly videos about Europeans. First of all Europe is a continent made up of many countries and cultures. Swedes have little in common with Italians for example. Secondly the world is much more blended now so it's not like European countries are so incredibly exotic. Yes some customs stay the same but we have McDonalds here and people aren't biking around in Scandinavian "cool girl" outfits. Just two examples but honestly life is not vastly different between say Gothenburg and Pittsburgh. The emphasis on being European shows lack of curiosity and a simple mind about the world. Elle lived in England so she really should know better but as people have pointed out it's about being special and different. Says insecurity and desperate need to one up others to me. Sad that Elle is in her 30s and still trying to prove something to internet strangers.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Not sure how true this is but I heard from a friend of mine who worked all over East Asia that older (30+, which isn’t old in the grand scheme of things but many cultures are very picky about a woman’s age) white women struggle a lot with dating there. The expat men living there are usually already married or want to date an East Asian woman, and a lot of locals have no interest in dating outside their culture unless you’re in your 20s and conventionally attractive in that barbie way (skinny, blue eyed blondes), and even then, a lot of the richer guys don’t want to marry outside their culture. Rich Chinese guys apparently only marry Chinese women. I doubt Elle would go after someone who isn’t a lawyer or banker in Hong Kong and somehow I don’t think she’d do well there. Not talking down at her, because I wouldn’t meet those standards either but luckily I’m in a happy relationship and not looking for a rich husband like Elle. ;)
I can’t see Elle thrive anywhere in Asia as much as she “loves” dim sum. 🤣🤣🤣 As mentioned multiple times on here she seems very Eurocentric, not to mention she’s close-minded and sheltered. And I don’t mean close-minded in that she’s a blatant racist (although her admiration towards Europe and dating mainly white guys (the last two I wouldn’t touch with a 10 foot pole) makes me wonder…) but it’s very obvious she’s not adventurous to trying new things or experiences unless a man makes her.

Heck, she isn’t even thriving in the US, I can’t see her last somewhere like Tokyo, Singapore, or HK, all of which are more globalized compared to other major Asian areas.

Right just clothes sizing will be a huge culture shock for her. When I buy "one size" items of clothing from Asia they just barely fit me and I'm smaller than Elle.

You are very right, she thought it was the city's fault when really it is her own fault. She thought she needed a new pool of men when really her attitude needs to be changed.

Nothing wrong with wanting to be respected and treated like an equal, and having standards. But Elle clearly wants to be put on a pedestal and have money thrown at her, all while the guy throws words of adoration at her. All she cared about in Van was if the guy made enough money.

Play shallow games, get shallow prizes.
I agree about the clothing sizes running small in Asia. Elle would have a difficult time justifying in her head and her audience why she’s an XL in Asia when all her life she’s claimed to be XS in North America. 🤣🤣🤣 TBH, I’m not sure if she’d like the clothing sizing in Europe, either. They’re also less likely to do vanity sizing there than over in North America, especially in the US.

Lol, she needs an attitude adjustment in all areas of her life, not just dating.

Reactions: 7
Do you guys think she will ever give up on finding someone? At this point I don't know how she could even attempt another relationship.

Reactions: 5
Since she did that internship/study in Hong Kong, she will know what to expect living there. I would love to see videos from when she was there! She likely felt very foreign & special whilst there, lets be honest she tends to stick out like a sore thumb anywhere.
I really think she should try a match making company to find a guy. They'll do all the hard work for her and weed out the frugal outdoorsy types. Also spending money will kinda guarantee a genuine interest of a future including a ring.
That is a very good point about clothes size, she for sure wouldn't like that.

Do you guys think she will ever give up on finding someone? At this point I don't know how she could even attempt another relationship.
No because she’s needy and stubborn. As much as Ginette is the perfect “partner” for her, I don’t think Elle’s mother cuts it in Elle’s mind. Elle might not put a lot of thought into the type of men she pursues, but I get the impression she’s a naive romantic, especially given how much she loves Hallmark movies and how quickly she dates after a break up. 🙄

She also wants to be a mom herself and I doubt she’d be open to adopting or going to a sperm bank. I can see her “accidentally” getting pregnant, hoping that it would keep the guy around, but then end up repeating Ginette’s life.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
If he did dump her it will be interesting to see if she stays in WA or moves. The fact that she can't see that the problem is her is unbelievable.

I am also of the opinion that she either got dumped, or that there is at least some serious trouble in paradise.
It would be crazy if she moved again...I dont know where she would even move to.

Reactions: 6
Elle's much more likely to keep trying American cities. Better start studying for that Illinois Bar Exam Elle.

I can see her “accidentally” getting pregnant, hoping that it would keep the guy around, but then end up repeating Ginette’s life.
Would not be surprised in the least. In 30 years will we all be in nursing homes posting on gossip threads laughing at her daughter's youtube channel and how much her Mama Elle enables her bad decisions?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I think if she moves she might need to wait a bit so l she can get reciprocity for her license. She'll need to pick a state that way too. Some states need 3-5 years of practice in the old state before allowing reciprocity. some don't allow I don't think.

I know for pharmacist license there were rules about reciprocity so a lot of my out of state classmates either had to take multiple state law exams along with the general licensing exam, or has other rules to follow.

So her options may be limited /vary based on what state she wants to move to next.

I think if she moves she might need to wait a bit so l she can get reciprocity for her license. She'll need to pick a state that way too. Some states need 3-5 years of practice in the old state before allowing reciprocity. some don't allow I don't think.

I know for pharmacist license there were rules about reciprocity so a lot of my out of state classmates either had to take multiple state law exams along with the general licensing exam, or has other rules to follow.

So her options may be limited /vary based on what state she wants to move to next.
Or she could start seeing a professional who can help her work through her issues and learn to be a caring, generous, loving partner who can form one half of a healthy couple. While she's busy with that she could get her hair fixed, find some interests that she legitimately enjoys on her own, and then go and date one of the many awesome, caring, intersting men who actually inhabit the Seattle area where she's already settled and able to work.

But come on, what am I saying? We all know what Elle's going to do. She's gotta be sitting there right now trying to figure out if she has to take the Bar again if she moves to Denver.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I took a long break from gossiping about Elle so I'm not sure how it was discovered that fisherman had moved in. But I cannot believe with her track record that she moved in with another man without at least becoming engaged first.

Elle doesn't have standards. She doesn't want men to treat her as an equal. She follows men around, cooks for them, allow them to walk all over her, apparently deep kisses on first dates and moves in with them real soon. As soon as she dates men, she moulds into whatever interests they have. She is a pushover, not a girl boss. Hardly someone who inspires and keeps a man's interests and love.

I took a long break from gossiping about Elle so I'm not sure how it was discovered that fisherman had moved in. But I cannot believe with her track record that she moved in with another man without at least becoming engaged first.
There isn't any confirmation. Someone noticed he was selling furniture on facebook marketplace and so its just a solid theory. It would fit Elle's patterns for sure. But with Elle, you never know.

Sure, its a good bet that she is once again unw'elle and sing'elle, but would any of us really be that surprised if her silence is because she's just really lazy and doesn't have a good enough reason to upload? I count 5 uploads in the last 2 months which overlaps a period where we know she was still dating Fisherman. If she really kept to her schedule on her youtube banner it would have been 16 uploads.

She could toss up some spring 'luckbuck' this week and be talking about how she's wearing her new LL Bean boots on a fishing weekend next month . . . You never know with Elle.

Reactions: 13
I am also of the opinion that she either got dumped, or that there is at least some serious trouble in paradise.
It would be crazy if she moved again...I dont know where she would even move to.
Maybe California? Though I've heard the Bar exam there is very difficult.

Elle seems to like guys that have a high paying job and are kind of dorky, and wouldn't be considered conventionally attractive. The Bay Area has a lot of nerds, is mostly men, and all fit that description.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.