Elle Florence #15 Bottle Blonde and Chanel by the Pond, How Long until Fisherman Figures Out the Con?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's all fun until people start getting offended at every little thing and start with the virtue-signaling. If you're uncomfortable with the tenor of the discussion, then don't come here. Thanks for all the comments/info about the strabismus. They've been informative but really, it won't be a big deal if it was another person. Same goes for the teeth. Or her career choices. This is a discussion about Elle and no one else. 🤷‍♀️

Back to regular programming...

She's not posting vacation updates because she's hyper-focused on getting that ring! :LOL:

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Wait hang on...that cat as a dependent story was hilarious! Obvi a joke, probably :sneaky:
I won't lie, I have my cat listed as my child on my IKEA card. Nothing happens bc of it, it doesn't hurt anyone.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Admirable that she studied for and passed the Bar exam but it's doubtful that it improves her employment chances in Seattle. She can't compete against recent local law school graduates whose training is more up-to-date, and she certainly can't compete against attorneys her age who graduated an American law school at the same time she did but have steadily worked as attorneys ever since. As far as her chances of finding a job similar to the one she had in Vancouver - that's hardly likely to happen either: not only would they prefer someone familiar with American regulations but even a superficial check into her background is pretty certain to land her application in a rejection folder. Let's face it: she was by far not an exemplary employee and her former agency was likely very happy to get rid of her. A stellar reference is not exactly in the cards for her. It's indicative that while she bragged to no end about working as an "attorney", she never said a word about her job specifically, other than vaguely referencing securities field. No doubt she annoyed her supervisors by routinely leaving early, taking two-hour lunch breaks and likely doing only a bare minimum she could get away with, and she annoyed other investigators by routinely walking into the office carrying a Chanel bag, wearing a Sentarel coat, her hair freshly blow-dried at a salon and all-too-often carrying Nordstrom bags while they, on the same salary, struggled to pay rent while repaying their student loans. No wonder she didn't seem to have made any friends among her former co-workers or have participated in any activities with them.

At this point, it's hard to imagine what career avenue may be open for her. By the age of 30, when most people are just starting to progress in their careers, she successfully ruined hers. If I were in Ginette's shoes I would be very disappointed in my daughter.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Admirable that she studied for and passed the Bar exam but it's doubtful that it improves her employment chances in Seattle. She can't compete against recent local law school graduates whose training is more up-to-date, and she certainly can't compete against attorneys her age who graduated an American law school at the same time she did but have steadily worked as attorneys ever since. As far as her chances of finding a job similar to the one she had in Vancouver - that's hardly likely to happen either: not only would they prefer someone familiar with American regulations but even a superficial check into her background is pretty certain to land her application in a rejection folder. Let's face it: she was by far not an exemplary employee and her former agency was likely very happy to get rid of her. A stellar reference is not exactly in the cards for her. It's indicative that while she bragged to no end about working as an "attorney", she never said a word about her job specifically, other than vaguely referencing securities field. No doubt she annoyed her supervisors by routinely leaving early, taking two-hour lunch breaks and likely doing only a bare minimum she could get away with, and she annoyed other investigators by routinely walking into the office carrying a Chanel bag, wearing a Sentarel coat, her hair freshly blow-dried at a salon and all-too-often carrying Nordstrom bags while they, on the same salary, struggled to pay rent while repaying their student loans. No wonder she didn't seem to have made any friends among her former co-workers or have participated in any activities with them.

At this point, it's hard to imagine what career avenue may be open for her. By the age of 30, when most people are just starting to progress in their careers, she successfully ruined hers. If I were in Ginette's shoes I would be very disappointed in my daughter.
As a mom of an adult daughter I would be disappointed in Elle. As you said it is admirable she devoted herself and passed the bar exam but this part-time job doesn't cut it. She must really be betting on getting married and being a stay at home mom which is funny because of all her education. She is no girlboss more like momboss wannabe 😂

The comment earlier about shopping and leaving early. Yes it happens and I'm sure Elle wasn't the only one but that says dysfunctional workplace to me. It's called being professional. Coming back with a bag of clothes and shoes says not serious. I think Elle did not pick up on social cues and just decided to go crazy with it. Every video she would show her coffee breaks (yes more than one) and lunchtime shopping (even if you shop who has the time to get a fitting room). No wonder she stayed at the one job for years but then she never got new experiences or skills.

Speaking of Elle comparing things to the Holocaust (basically belittling the Holocaust), in “VLOGMAS DAY 24 - #HAWAIIMAS” from I think 2017 (she has now deleted this vlog, but some generous Tattlers have posted this entire Vlogmas series which I downloaded and saved), at 8:50 she uses “Sophie’s Choice” as a metaphor for having to either continue using a too-small piece of Christmas wrapping paper to wrap a present, or opting to cut a new piece and risk using up the entire roll.

She compares cutting a new rectangle of Christmas wrapping paper to choosing which of someone’s two children need to be sent to the Auschwitz gas chamber, and which of the two gets to be sent to the children’s labor camp.

My own grandmother (in-law) was born after the Holocaust as the 11th child to an Auschwitz-survivor mother, whose first TEN children were gassed at Auschwitz. My great-grandmother-in-law sent her oldest daughters to watch after the eight little ones, believing the guards’ lies that they were all heading over to set up bunks at the childrens’ quarters. My great-grandmother-in-law sent her oldest daughters to be gassed alongside her younger children, all TEN of them dying together on their first day at Auschwitz after unloading from the train car, and she lived with that guilt until the day she eventually died.

In Elle’s mind, this is the same guilt one feels when having to cut a new piece of Christmas wrapping paper, instead of continuing to use a piece that was too small.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
Elle’s putting all her energy into getting that ring! I wonder what she thinks comes after a proposal and wedding, because life is not a Hallmark movie. Has she ever stopped to think why a man would want to marry her and pay for her very expensive upkeep? She’s not exactly bringing a lot to the table as far as we can tell, unless he’s looking for Ginette’s nest egg.

Reactions: 9
Meh. Elle is a stupid, anti-vaxx, conspiracy theory, anti-Semitic nutjob. Anyone who likens vaccine requirements to the Nuremburg trials is bleeping off her rocker and is fair game. I'll make fun of her all I want. I would never make fun of someone who isn't an asshole because teeth and eyes are something you can't help. But Elle is a selfish asshole so she's fair game imo.
Seriously.

And FYI my teeth are crooked as they’ve shifted over the years. I don’t gawk at myself on a viewfinder, use tons of plastic surgery and Botox (and lie about it), or make claims that my teeth aren’t fit for Invisalign because of my genetics or some BS that Elle claimed.

People get so offended over things when it has absolutely nothing to do with them. If you don’t like what’s being said, don’t read it (advice even Elle should probably take) or put people on the ignore list. 🙄
Elle’s putting all her energy into getting that ring! I wonder what she thinks comes after a proposal and wedding, because life is not a Hallmark movie. Has she ever stopped to think why a man would want to marry her and pay for her very expensive upkeep? She’s not exactly bringing a lot to the table as far as we can tell, unless he’s looking for Ginette’s nest egg.
She’s never had a stable romantic relationship as far as we know. The only stable relationship she’s ever had is with Ginette. I wouldn’t doubt that she expects marriage to be just another extension of her relationship with her mother, aka someone to take care of her and love her unconditionally. I’m not sure how she expects this guy to love her unconditionally considering she is changing herself so much to make herself look good to him.

• Heart
She’s never had a stable romantic relationship as far as we know. The only stable relationship she’s ever had is with Ginette. I wouldn’t doubt that she expects marriage to be just another extension of her relationship with her mother, aka someone to take care of her and love her unconditionally. I’m not sure how she expects this guy to love her unconditionally considering she is changing herself so much to make herself look good to him.
Do we think Ginette gives her any advice? Somehow I feel like mama G has no idea what she’s doing and is encouraging her smelly princess to be desperate and to do whatever she can to bag a man. She wouldn’t be indulging Elle as much if she didn’t support that behavior.

Reactions: 6
Speaking of Elle comparing things to the Holocaust (basically belittling the Holocaust), in “VLOGMAS DAY 24 - #HAWAIIMAS” from I think 2017 (she has now deleted this vlog, but some generous Tattlers have posted this entire Vlogmas series which I downloaded and saved), at 8:50 she uses “Sophie’s Choice” as a metaphor for having to either continue using a too-small piece of Christmas wrapping paper to wrap a present, or opting to cut a new piece and risk using up the entire roll.

She compares cutting a new rectangle of Christmas wrapping paper to choosing which of someone’s two children need to be sent to the Auschwitz gas chamber, and which of the two gets to be sent to the children’s labor camp.

My own grandmother (in-law) was born after the Holocaust as the 11th child to an Auschwitz-survivor mother, whose first TEN children were gassed at Auschwitz. My great-grandmother-in-law sent her oldest daughters to watch after the eight little ones, believing the guards’ lies that they were all heading over to set up bunks at the childrens’ quarters. My great-grandmother-in-law sent her oldest daughters to be gassed alongside her younger children, all TEN of them dying together on their first day at Auschwitz after unloading from the train car, and she lived with that guilt until the day she eventually died.

In Elle’s mind, this is the same guilt one feels when having to cut a new piece of Christmas wrapping paper, instead of continuing to use a piece that was too small.
Like I said above, she's a dumb anti-Semitic twunt. I'm over treating her with kid gloves. She should be taken to task for the bullshit she says and the ways she acts.

• Heart
I agree with everyone. I normally don't care about people's looks, bc most of the time we can't help that. But with Elle looks are fair game to me. She's a nasty selfish person, who is very vain. Elle is clearly a mean girl wannabe.

I'm sure if any of us met and tried to befriend Elle she'd be an awful friend. If she was thinner and prettier than one of us she's make passive aggressive comments about how lucky we are to be friends with a beautiful size 00 person like her. And if we were thinner or prettier than her she'd give some sort of back handed compliment, in her sickly sweet talking to Joe/bebe voice.

Seeing how she treated that chocolate shop employee when she got bonbons for her mom shows exactly the kind of person she is. And I had to deal with customers/patients just like her at my old job.

That on its own is enough to make her an unpleasant person. But her anti Semitic comments, her clearly European supremacist views (she always made it sound like she was better bc she was European) just make her all the more vile. Following the convoy clearly shows she doesn't seem to believe in facts or science either.

Elle is ugly on the inside and no matter how she looks on the outside, she will always be ugly to me. Any of my comments about Elle are only directed at her.

• Heart
I agree with everyone. I normally don't care about people's looks, bc most of the time we can't help that. But with Elle looks are fair game to me. She's a nasty selfish person, who is very vain. Elle is clearly a mean girl wannabe.

I'm sure if any of us met and tried to befriend Elle she'd be an awful friend. If she was thinner and prettier than one of us she's make passive aggressive comments about how lucky we are to be friends with a beautiful size 00 person like her. And if we were thinner or prettier than her she'd give some sort of back handed compliment, in her sickly sweet talking to Joe/bebe voice.

Seeing how she treated that chocolate shop employee when she got bonbons for her mom shows exactly the kind of person she is. And I had to deal with customers/patients just like her at my old job.

That on its own is enough to make her an unpleasant person. But her anti Semitic comments, her clearly European supremacist views (she always made it sound like she was better bc she was European) just make her all the more vile. Following the convoy clearly shows she doesn't seem to believe in facts or science either.

Elle is ugly on the inside and no matter how she looks on the outside, she will always be ugly to me. Any of my comments about Elle are only directed at her.
Someone needs to tell Elle that all white people are European by heritage...she's no more special than any other white Canadian or American. From the way she describes herself, you'd think she was some delicate and exotic species that no one else has ever seen before in Canada, and that led to her getting bullied growing up. Even today, Victoria is over 85% white and it would've had even less POCs back when Elle was a kid. Are we really supposed to believe that those mean girls hated princess Elle because she was of European heritage?

I also agree some people take the comments directed at Elle too personally. Everything we say here is in the context of Elle and her behaviour, and not about anyone else. If she wasn't so pretentious and a liar, we wouldn't pick on her looks or size. No one needs to be a size 0 or look like a model, but when Elle is clearly lying about her size and plastic surgery regularly to deceive others and attempting to profit off of the false image she's presenting, criticism is fair game.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Let's also not forget that her lifestyle--namely her endless, mindless consumption--is VERY North American. There is nothing traditionally European about buying things you don't need and hoarding possessions. Her mom is way more European in this regard, as she rewears clothes and doesn't spend frivolously. Elle's shopping habits are anything but European.

• Heart
Let's also not forget that her lifestyle--namely her endless, mindless consumption--is VERY North American. There is nothing traditionally European about buying things you don't need and hoarding possessions. Her mom is way more European in this regard, as she rewears clothes and doesn't spend frivolously. Elle's shopping habits are anything but European.
Elle's lifestyle is actually just typical influencer. Keep buying things to make content and the cycle continues. Can't be a fashion influencer without having piles of handbags. I live in Europe and find the argument that consumerism is only in North America dull and not true. Every young person here is wearing Zara and always buying things to keep up with trends. As you say, the traditional way was about less is more but honestly no one is doing that anymore.

• Heart
Elle's lifestyle is actually just typical influencer. Keep buying things to make content and the cycle continues. Can't be a fashion influencer without having piles of handbags. I live in Europe and find the argument that consumerism is only in North America dull and not true. Every young person here is wearing Zara and always buying things to keep up with trends. As you say, the traditional way was about less is more but honestly no one is doing that anymore.
I do think that in the US people shop a lot more in general (I’m thinking of regular people, not influencers) and that Europeans are less obsessed with shopping for shopping’s sake, though maybe, as you say, things have changed somewhat. That said, many influencers consume a lot because it’s their “job”. In Elle’s case though, I get the feeling she would still shop as much as she does if she didn’t have a YouTube channel. It’s quite obvious she shops because she needs to fill a void and is insecure.

I think Elle hasn't posted bc she's pouting. She 1000% thought a ring was coming during this trip. Her "perfect white dress" her ice blue nails, the Cinderella shirt. She was counting on a proposal and a proposal photo shoot during this trip. She got all happy and bubbly like right before joe dumped her .
Eric put our girl out of her misery. Either propose or dump her already. She won't leave any other way. If you are hoping she gives up, she won't. Clearly she isn't good at picking guys who are ready to propose and will tolerate her long term.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Elle, is this guy really worth waiting for? He is taking his sweet time. Have you discussed the future of your relationship & what your ideal hope is? Worth an honest discussion to see if you both on same page, especially since you live together. Although would prob be best if you had the chat before moving in, better late than never though right!

I think the living together part is what always does her in; she seems exhausting to be around. The relationships just seem to implode shortly after.

Has she ever stopped to think why a man would want to marry her and pay for her very expensive upkeep? She’s not exactly bringing a lot to the table as far as we can tell, unless he’s looking for Ginette’s nest egg.
Her goal is to become a Stepford wife.

Do we think Ginette gives her any advice?
No, I think she's a major coddler and just looks at her daughter with googly eyes, saying, "You're so resilient, smart, and beautiful, mon cheri..."

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I wondered if that was the case. I’m surprised it doesn’t bother Elle as an adult being as vain as she is. Same with her teeth. She asked mama G for those expensive lingual braces back in the day but still has beaver fronts with her joker smile. 🤷‍♀️
I think in Elle's mind she is absolutely beautiful and perfect just the way she is 😬

• Haha
Nothing from Elle is so long, no Instagram posts, no vlog of the trip to Florida. Maybe the trip made Mr Fisherman see a bit more clearly who Elle is compared to his friends. Have the broken up?

Reactions: 6
I wondered if that was the case. I’m surprised it doesn’t bother Elle as an adult being as vain as she is. Same with her teeth. She asked mama G for those expensive lingual braces back in the day but still has beaver fronts with her joker smile. 🤷‍♀️
I think in Elle's mind she is absolutely beautiful and perfect just the way she is
Nothing from Elle is so long, no Instagram posts, no vlog of the trip to Florida. Maybe the trip made Mr Fisherman see a bit more clearly who Elle is compared to his friends. Have the broken up?
another breakup would push Elle over the edge

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.