Elle Florence #15 Bottle Blonde and Chanel by the Pond, How Long until Fisherman Figures Out the Con?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe she's finally learning that people find her off-putting, pretentious, and annoying... and is staying off the internet.

Reactions: 11
Isn't it crazy to think Elle probably has less subscribers now than she did in her hey day and she never has brands wanting to work with her.

Reactions: 6
Nothing from Elle is so long, no Instagram posts, no vlog of the trip to Florida. Maybe the trip made Mr Fisherman see a bit more clearly who Elle is compared to his friends. Have the broken up?
Could she be "unwElle" again?

• Haha
No, I think she's a major coddler and just looks at her daughter with googly eyes, saying, "You're so resilient, smart, and beautiful, mon cheri..."
Agree that Elle's mom is a coddler and enabler and comes off like an idiot. Sorry but being a giggly shy 60 year old isn't cute or endearing. She didn't guide Elle very well and seems very dependent on Elle. Yes it's her only child but you can still give guidance and not pander or just smile silently while Elle does silliness like get engaged to Rick. Also don't forget the mom was the one who first spread the fake news about vaccines. Also her dresses are very low cut and at a certain point less is more.

Reactions: 12
Yeah I doubt she could handle being back at square one. In her mind she should have been at least engaged 5 years ago.
And instead of making sure she finds a good partner that respects her and likes her for her, she's busy worrying about being behind. She"s focusing on the simple goal of the wedding thinking that will bring happiness when really what happens after she's married? She won't magically be happy.

Reactions: 8
And instead of making sure she finds a good partner that respects her and likes her for her, she's busy worrying about being behind. She"s focusing on the simple goal of the wedding thinking that will bring happiness when really what happens after she's married? She won't magically be happy.
In Disney they end at happily ever after, and we all know that this is her frame of reference.

Reactions: 9
Nothing from Elle is so long, no Instagram posts, no vlog of the trip to Florida. Maybe the trip made Mr Fisherman see a bit more clearly who Elle is compared to his friends. Have the broken up?
I doubt they broke up. As annoying as she is, she makes it really easy for him to stay…discount (maybe free) rent, free home cooked meals, physical intimacy, etc. I doubt he sees her as The One, but if he’s stayed for as long as he has, he’s probably lazy and is staying out of convenience. I agree with the notion that she’s probably disappointed he didn’t propose on this last trip.

Plus if they broke up now, he needs to rebuy all the ikea furniture he sold. 😂😂😂

The mighty have fallen. If Elle had better self esteem she wouldn’t waste her time on this guy and wouldn’t obsess over that RING. Also who wants to be proposed to in the Redneck Riviera?! LMAO 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Counterpoint to your discount rent, free home cooked meals, and physical intimacy:

Constant packages arriving to the home, baby talk, Disney and Hallmark movies, codependency with mom, selfish behavior, having zero personality of her own, etc. The only thing she has learned from Joe/Rick/Special Someone/Dean is that she shouldn't film her partners but she's still the same old spoiled, annoying, pretentious brat.

Reactions: 12
He has no reason to leave. If you were a boring 40-year-old Fisherman, wouldn't you be delighted your girlfriend happily accompanies you to all fishing expeditions and cares about looking guud at said expeditions? Also, he may not care about her crazy shopping as long as she doesn't reach for his credit card and he may be absolutely fine with her having no job and scamming Karens with her alibaba pearls. He may even find her 'entrepreneurial spirit' inspiring. Come on, he's no Zuckerberg.

• Heart
  • Haha
I'm not as optimistic as you guys lol. I think Elle is undateable in the long term. And she always goes for super incompatible guys.

Throughout her entire life, her only dating criteria has been "white male."

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I'm not as optimistic as you guys lol. I think Elle is undateable in the long term. And she always goes for super incompatible guys.

Throughout her entire life, her only dating criteria has been "white male."
Oh I don’t think he’s going to marry her and I don’t think he’s in love with her. He’s just with her because she’s there. Also he’s been with her for almost 2 years (??? Correct me if I’m wrong); if he really couldn’t stand her he would have left already. As much as some Tattlers want this to happen, I’d be shocked if he proposed and even more shocked if he went through with it and had a baby with her.

I could be dead wrong since she’s never actually shown the guy and we don’t know how he acts around her but I find it really strange there aren’t any bragworthy posts about him giving her gifts, going places with her, instagramming places of where they had their “firsts”, etc. A lot of YouTubers who don’t showcase their significant others (and there are a lot) will show at least some semblance of a loving partner being around and I don’t get that impression with Elle. In fact I am pretty sure people who are lurking on here think we’re probably making up that she’s in a relationship (even though it’s not a very good one, imo). 😂

Reactions: 10
He has no reason to leave. If you were a boring 40-year-old Fisherman, wouldn't you be delighted your girlfriend happily accompanies you to all fishing expeditions and cares about looking guud at said expeditions? Also, he may not care about her crazy shopping as long as she doesn't reach for his credit card and he may be absolutely fine with her having no job and scamming Karens with her alibaba pearls. He may even find her 'entrepreneurial spirit' inspiring. Come on, he's no Zuckerberg.
I agree. He's def not going to marry her. But until she starts pushing the wedding thing he's going to stay with her bc she's there. Her whole comments about canoodling on her love seat and her going on fishing trips with him might be all he needs. Some guys are boring and I think Eric fisherman is. He's prob happy having guaranteed intimacy and the fact that she seems to let him take her wherever and isn't making the kinds of demands she made of Joe, Rick and the Chris. Guys are pigs and instead of looking for the right person he's settling for who is ever there.

One of my friends is married to a guy who said he stayed in previous relationships longer than he should've bc as he put it "he wasn't going to say no to sex if someone was offering" . Which to me says he doesn't really respect women (letting her believe they had a future while still sleeping with her , when he knew he was leaving as soon as he found someone better doesn't scream respect to me). But that's a topic for another day.

Elle is using this guy so she can say she has a boyfriend and Lord it over single people , he's prob using her bc she's there and eager. I also get the impression that Elle is very cagey about her wants and just assumes she and the guy are on the same page. But a guy who doesn't want to get married but also doesn't want to be alone will ignore those hints until you say something more definite. And Elle is convinced she's lose out on time if she left, so she's not leaving.

Reactions: 10
I agree. He's def not going to marry her. But until she starts pushing the wedding thing he's going to stay with her bc she's there. Her whole comments about canoodling on her love seat and her going on fishing trips with him might be all he needs. Some guys are boring and I think Eric fisherman is. He's prob happy having guaranteed intimacy and the fact that she seems to let him take her wherever and isn't making the kinds of demands she made of Joe, Rick and the Chris. Guys are pigs and instead of looking for the right person he's settling for who is ever there.

One of my friends is married to a guy who said he stayed in previous relationships longer than he should've bc as he put it "he wasn't going to say no to sex if someone was offering" . Which to me says he doesn't really respect women (letting her believe they had a future while still sleeping with her , when he knew he was leaving as soon as he found someone better doesn't scream respect to me). But that's a topic for another day.

Elle is using this guy so she can say she has a boyfriend and Lord it over single people , he's prob using her bc she's there and eager. I also get the impression that Elle is very cagey about her wants and just assumes she and the guy are on the same page. But a guy who doesn't want to get married but also doesn't want to be alone will ignore those hints until you say something more definite. And Elle is convinced she's lose out on time if she left, so she's not leaving.
I would say she is so passive in all aspects of her life.

Reactions: 6
But a guy who doesn't want to get married but also doesn't want to be alone will ignore those hints until you say something more definite.
This reminds me of a saying by the late great comedian Patrice O'Neal: "Men want to be alone, but we don't want to be by ourselves." 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I would say she is so passive in all aspects of her life.
I'm sure she thinks she's avoiding scaring guys when dating by not being direct but it would really help her if when she dates people she just tells them "I'm looking to get married if you don't think you want to get married in the near future we are wasting eachothers time"

Like if that is what you want go for it instead of trying to "manifest" a husband

Elle and Fishy's relationship is definitely symbiotic-mutualism. Whether he is going to put a ring on it, I don't know. To be fair, Elle is not physically unattractive; she always finds someone who wants to date her. The difficulty lies in making them stay long-term, because of, well...everything that's been written on these threads so far.

I think Eleanor definitely has daddy issues and low self-esteem. She can't be alone and jumps from one relationship to the next. If she doesn't get married in the next few years, I think she will just want to get pregnant and will choose a life not very different from the one she and her mother have right now. Another codepent relationship for the next generation. That way, she won't be alone.

Also, her Disney / fairy-tale ambitions, I think, illustrate how far-removed from reality she can be. She's one of those people who can't read the room. That's why she doesn't have friends and can't keep relationships. Probably also why she felt like she was "bullied" in school.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.