Elle Florence #15 Bottle Blonde and Chanel by the Pond, How Long until Fisherman Figures Out the Con?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Rewatching Elle’s “Girlboss Breakup” video, and at 9:10 when she says “Bebe’s MY precious, and this [referring to the steak that Joe is seasoning] is YOUR precious? *hyuh hyuh hyuh*, and Joe sighing, and gritting his teeth saying “uh yeah”.

By this scene, he’s already contacted the landlord, a new place to stay, and started secretly packing all his stuff into suitcases. Meanwhile she’s still annoying him with her baby talk, hovering over him with a camera. Can you imagine what he’s thinking as he’s seasoning that steak? His soul was draining out of his body.

Nah, I asked my optometrist about this, and she says it’s just lazy eye, caused by weak eye muscles. That’s why they do that “stare at the tip of my pen as I move it around” test, to see if your muscles are working properly, or if one eye drifts away the way Elle’s do.
Honestly, I can’t fault her for this. It should have been corrected when she was a child.

Her mother was too much of a lazy, coddling, enabling doormat potato, and never took her to get it corrected, the way a caring mother would have. Some parents don’t have the means to, and for them, it’s not their fault either. For Ginette, it was clearly a case of laziness and coddling, because they clearly had the means. Look what it’s brought Elle now.
My ex friend who is "Elle-lite ™" has a mom who had the means to correct her lazy eye, but didn't all bc my former friend would've needed to wear an eye patch. And according to her mom "children are so cruel" but like "saving" your kid from a little bit of pain early on is just more detrimental I think in the long run. She got braces way later than any one else I knew and not bc of cost or deciduous teeth issues, just that she told her mom she didn't want braces so her mom dropped the topic. But once she saw how nice my teeth and our other friends were she insisted on braces. She had also finally decided "braces are cute" . Just insulting bc we had friends who couldn't afford it and she was just all "I think my braces make me look cuter"

It is one of those things I think generally caring mom's who are weak willed can just let their kid slowly turn into Elle all bc they don't want to upset their kids.

Reactions: 9
I have astigmatism in one eye and I know for a fact that my eyes don't do this (I'm surrounded by brutally honest ppl 😅 and I know they would have 1) immediately pointed it out and 2) told me to get it checked).
I have astigmatism and a somewhat lazy eye, I always thought it’s caused by the astigmatism. Until I took myself to a proper optometrist who told me it was myopia and gave me exercises to correct it. 🤣

Elle can work on her lazy eye - there are training exercises that help.

Reactions: 8
By this scene, he’s already contacted the landlord, a new place to stay, and started secretly packing all his stuff into suitcases. Meanwhile she’s still annoying him with her baby talk, hovering over him with a camera. Can you imagine what he’s thinking as he’s seasoning that steak? His soul was draining out of his body.
This made me actually LOL! I can imagine how spending enough time with Eleanor/Eleonore can suck the life out of anybody.

I can't even watch her videos for more than 10 minutes straight without feeling exhausted.

Btw, I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but Joe has made Managing Partner. (y)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
This made me actually LOL! I can imagine how spending enough time with Eleanor/Eleonore can suck the life out of anybody.

I can't even watch her videos for more than 10 minutes straight without feeling exhausted.

Btw, I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but Joe has made Managing Partner. (y)
Joe has his own law firm now, that's why he's a managing partner.

Reactions: 10

This is why I can't figure out what Fisherman is thinking, but I sure as heck know I am rooting for him!. Hang in there Fisherman and get us that shiny ring and Cabella's wedding!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I honestly don't think Elle would let her child get braces or an eye patch, maybe glasses but I won't hold my breath on that one either tbh.

I wore an eye patch and I don't remember being teased for it at all 🤷‍♀️ lol maybe I just could see it though 🤭

Reactions: 5
I really wonder if she has any self awareness and is embarrassed about her lazy eye and crooked teeth. With all the cosmetic surgery she’s done on her face you’d think she’d try and get her teeth fixed and see an eye doctor to do some eye exercises. It’s too late for her to do eye surgery but come on.

I guess if she had any inkling of self-doubt creep in her head all she needs to do is say “3,2,1” and play S Club 7 in her mind to drown out the negativity. 😂😂😂

Rewatching Elle’s “Girlboss Breakup” video, and at 9:10 when she says “Bebe’s MY precious, and this [referring to the steak that Joe is seasoning] is YOUR precious? *hyuh hyuh hyuh*, and Joe sighing, and gritting his teeth saying “uh yeah”.

Nah, I asked my optometrist about this, and she says it’s just lazy eye, caused by weak eye muscles. That’s why they do that “stare at the tip of my pen as I move it around” test, to see if your muscles are working properly, or if one eye drifts away the way Elle’s do.
Honestly, I can’t fault her for this. It should have been corrected when she was a child.

Her mother was too much of a lazy, coddling, enabling doormat potato, and never took her to get it corrected, the way a caring mother would have. Some parents don’t have the means to, and for them, it’s not their fault either. For Ginette, it was clearly a case of laziness and coddling, because they clearly had the means. Look what it’s brought Elle now.
I wondered if that was the case. I’m surprised it doesn’t bother Elle as an adult being as vain as she is. Same with her teeth. She asked mama G for those expensive lingual braces back in the day but still has beaver fronts with her joker smile. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 6
She has strabismus, in her case esophoria/esotropia but that does not necessarily mean she has amblyopia/lazy eye. A surgery could still correct it if it was indicated in her type of strabismus.

Reactions: 3
You guys, her current smile is already the "new and improved" version. (See my avatar for old Elle chompers). She came back with a new smile and when people commented she looked different, she mentioned she came back from a "bad root canal." ;)

• Haha
She has strabismus, in her case esophoria/esotropia but that does not necessarily mean she has amblyopia/lazy eye. A surgery could still correct it if it was indicated in her type of strabismus.
The strabismus discussion is quite ignorant. No, not all strabismus/lazy eye resolves with patching, glasses, and a lot of that is to prevent vision loss. It's possible her result is the best that could have been achieved even with exercises, that she may have had an extreme case. Only she and her doc's would know. If there is some residual misalignment with no symptoms, double vision, whatever, I can understand why someone would opt out of surgery as the only reason would be cosmetic and obviously risks with any surgery.

Reactions: 4
The strabismus discussion is quite ignorant. No, not all strabismus/lazy eye resolves with patching, glasses, and a lot of that is to prevent vision loss. It's possible her result is the best that could have been achieved even with exercises, that she may have had an extreme case. Only she and her doc's would know. If there is some residual misalignment with no symptoms, double vision, whatever, I can understand why someone would opt out of surgery as the only reason would be cosmetic and obviously risks with any surgery.
This. There are a lot of things I could fault Elle and/or her mom for, but this is not one of them. I was born with strabismus myself and even after three eye operations as a child, and glasses for many years, it is still evident in one eye when I am tired.

Are we... getting soft? I can't say for sure but I have a hunch that Ginette never did anything about Elle's eyes. She has always indulged her and thought she was absolutely perfect. Why would this be any different?

Reactions: 7
All the talk about her eyes is boring. I don't see the big deal and I'm not a doctor but if she needed medical attention surely she would have sorted it by now. As other said it's between Elle and her doctor if there is anything going on.

It seems like Elle is not sharing anything from her vacation which I find strange because the algorithm rewards consistency. If she isn't posting on YouTube or on Instagram then how can she get people to buy her stuff? Seems like she isn't interested in making videos or selling stuff anymore and is trying to move her relationship forward. She used to brag about "doing it all" and now seems like she can't even post a picture to her social media.

I mean, in a way... good for her! The best thing for her relationship is to keep that tit off the internet. She needs to give up on YouTube and call it a day. She only uses it to hock her crappy wares, pronounce words obnoxiously, and brag about her purchases now anyway.

Reactions: 10
All the talk about her eyes is boring. I don't see the big deal and I'm not a doctor but if she needed medical attention surely she would have sorted it by now. As other said it's between Elle and her doctor if there is anything going on.

It seems like Elle is not sharing anything from her vacation which I find strange because the algorithm rewards consistency. If she isn't posting on YouTube or on Instagram then how can she get people to buy her stuff? Seems like she isn't interested in making videos or selling stuff anymore and is trying to move her relationship forward. She used to brag about "doing it all" and now seems like she can't even post a picture to her social media.
She hasn’t really posted consistently or cared about her social media growth for years at this point. 😅 She is her own worst enemy. Instead of dating just anyone, she could have posted consistently, worked on her business and found somebody who liked her for who she is, not who she pretends to be.

• Heart
I can't believe Elle's thread is where I stop being a lurker (at least for a bit...), but this is probably the 10th time I've wanted to chime in on the lazy eye/strabismus discussion. Yes, it is quite ignorant. I had surgery as a kid, I had/have patches and glasses and no, it hasn't gone away completely; it's actually getting worse with age, and possibly my job, for me. I think it's Elle-level (or below) to wonder how she's not ashamed of her lazy eye or her "crooked" teeth (I can't even recall what hers look like but I don't think one's teeth are anything to be ashamed of as long as they're reasonably taken care of health-wise; I did have braces and my teeth look great but I wouldn't be ashamed if they started shifting). There's so much to criticize about Elle (her being an anti-vaxxer, her pretending to be a local Seattle business, her treating/trying to treat her loved ones as cash cows, her stinginess with anyone who's not herself...).

I feel these threads occasionally go overboard in general--like when someone asked whether Elle was claiming one of her cats as a dependent for tax purposes because of a piece of junk mail was addressed to the cat or when everyone jumped to believing the "you can cum in me" story without any evidence (unlike the cat-dependent one, I can't be sure this one wasn't true but I see no more reason to believe it than not believe it). Also, I'm in "biglaw" and have been since I graduated from (a US) law school. It can be brutal, and I can definitely see why someone would go work for a regulator instead. (Hoping to do something like that myself soon.) Don't get me wrong, I don't think Elle had a choice but I do think she lucked out. Too bad she threw that cushy job for a ring she didn't even like. I'd think she's basically unemployable in Seattle, with no US degree or experience (tried volunteering, Elle?), hence her current arrangement. (Btw, no way would Joe have made managing partner at the firm he was at while he was with Elle... not for another 15-20 years. Finally, I've had slow days with two-hour lunches and coming back into the office with shopping bags and so have my coworkers; as long as the job gets done, no one cares (okay, maybe some older partners do... but they probably wouldn't see you anyway). Might not have been the case at Elle's job as she actually had set hours but I don't think it's totally weird and something to be ashamed of (unless your behavior results in your coworkers having to do your work too), as it's often implied here.)

Sorry for all the parentheses. It's late here and I probably wouldn't feel like editing in any case.

Reactions: 5
I can't believe Elle's thread is where I stop being a lurker (at least for a bit...), but this is probably the 10th time I've wanted to chime in on the lazy eye/strabismus discussion. Yes, it is quite ignorant. I had surgery as a kid, I had/have patches and glasses and no, it hasn't gone away completely; it's actually getting worse with age, and possibly my job, for me. I think it's Elle-level (or below) to wonder how she's not ashamed of her lazy eye or her "crooked" teeth (I can't even recall what hers look like but I don't think one's teeth are anything to be ashamed of as long as they're reasonably taken care of health-wise; I did have braces and my teeth look great but I wouldn't be ashamed if they started shifting). There's so much to criticize about Elle (her being an anti-vaxxer, her pretending to be a local Seattle business, her treating/trying to treat her loved ones as cash cows, her stinginess with anyone who's not herself...).

I feel these threads occasionally go overboard in general--like when someone asked whether Elle was claiming one of her cats as a dependent for tax purposes because of a piece of junk mail was addressed to the cat or when everyone jumped to believing the "you can cum in me" story without any evidence (unlike the cat-dependent one, I can't be sure this one wasn't true but I see no more reason to believe it than not believe it). Also, I'm in "biglaw" and have been since I graduated from (a US) law school. It can be brutal, and I can definitely see why someone would go work for a regulator instead. (Hoping to do something like that myself soon.) Don't get me wrong, I don't think Elle had a choice but I do think she lucked out. Too bad she threw that cushy job for a ring she didn't even like. I'd think she's basically unemployable in Seattle, with no US degree or experience (tried volunteering, Elle?), hence her current arrangement. (Btw, no way would Joe have made managing partner at the firm he was at while he was with Elle... not for another 15-20 years. Finally, I've had slow days with two-hour lunches and coming back into the office with shopping bags and so have my coworkers; as long as the job gets done, no one cares (okay, maybe some older partners do... but they probably wouldn't see you anyway). Might not have been the case at Elle's job as she actually had set hours but I don't think it's totally weird and something to be ashamed of (unless your behavior results in your coworkers having to do your work too), as it's often implied here.)

Sorry for all the parentheses. It's late here and I probably wouldn't feel like editing in any case.
Except her 2-hour lunches used to happen suspiciously often 😉 I remember her vlogmases when she'd take long lunches on a daily basis. I'm not forcing anyone to be a slave labourer but at that point she was still lying to her viewers about being a lawyer, painting a picture of an employee who could make it to a 5 PM gym class just because they started work at 8:40 am rather than 9 am.

Reactions: 7
Lol remember when she was having packages delivered to her workplace and they spoke to her about it?😂

• Haha
Meh. Elle is a stupid, anti-vaxx, conspiracy theory, anti-Semitic nutjob. Anyone who likens vaccine requirements to the Nuremburg trials is bleeping off her rocker and is fair game. I'll make fun of her all I want. I would never make fun of someone who isn't an asshole because teeth and eyes are something you can't help. But Elle is a selfish asshole so she's fair game imo.

I feel these threads occasionally go overboard in general--like when someone asked whether Elle was claiming one of her cats as a dependent for tax purposes because of a piece of junk mail was addressed to the cat or when everyone jumped to believing the "you can cum in me" story without any evidence (unlike the cat-dependent one, I can't be sure this one wasn't true but I see no more reason to believe it than not believe it).
I agree with you here!

Also, I'm in "biglaw" and have been since I graduated from (a US) law school. It can be brutal, and I can definitely see why someone would go work for a regulator instead. (Hoping to do something like that myself soon.) Don't get me wrong, I don't think Elle had a choice but I do think she lucked out. Too bad she threw that cushy job for a ring she didn't even like. I'd think she's basically unemployable in Seattle, with no US degree or experience (tried volunteering, Elle?), hence her current arrangement. (Btw, no way would Joe have made managing partner at the firm he was at while he was with Elle... not for another 15-20 years. Finally, I've had slow days with two-hour lunches and coming back into the office with shopping bags and so have my coworkers; as long as the job gets done, no one cares (okay, maybe some older partners do... but they probably wouldn't see you anyway). Might not have been the case at Elle's job as she actually had set hours but I don't think it's totally weird and something to be ashamed of (unless your behavior results in your coworkers having to do your work too), as it's often implied here.)
It's not that Elle didn't land BigLaw. It's that Elle portrayed herself as a corporate attorney working as in-house counsel in securities. Correct me if I am wrong. Elle has always portrayed herself as some uber-stressed, time management maven with a high-flying corporate career akin to BigLaw when she worked a cushy 9-5 in a government regulator's office that was a JD-optional position. If given the choice I'd rather take the government job myself, but I wouldn't lie about it. Elle always turns a kernel of truth into a huuuuuuge lie.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.