Elle Florence #15 Bottle Blonde and Chanel by the Pond, How Long until Fisherman Figures Out the Con?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Guess Elle is officially done with YouTube? She normally doesn't miss a chance to link some cashmere and Ponte pants for the nordstrom sale. What a bummer

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Guess Elle is officially done with YouTube? She normally doesn't miss a chance to link some cashmere and Ponte pants for the nordstrom sale. What a bummer
I agree. Participating in a sale haul would generate some extra income for her. Doing a Nordy’s haul has nothing to do with her relationship so it’s bizarre she wouldn’t participate this summer. I agree that she must really be done. I think it’s weird that she didn’t do a short goodbye video.

She also hasn’t posted on her IG since May.

Reactions: 4
This is what I think: I think in this economy, with rising inflation, people cutting on costs, minimalism being in fashion, WFH being a thing, people are shopping less and people like Elle have less influences and are finding it hard to make money being an influencer. It's hard to relate to someone like Elle that is living off mom and shopping as if money had no value to her. Part of the charm of Elle's channel when she started was that she had a full time job! And it was a decent white collared job that was decently glamorous, ok so not a lawyer job but most law jobs are not that glamorous either - some small $hit office somewheres, not in the big tall office towers downtown.

Reactions: 5
I think it's a combo of factors that made her give up her channel. There's practically no doubt by now that her and Fisherman are history. It wasn't Fisherman who was filming her on the beach in her very last vlog. Assuming it was Fisherman who was filming her on the beach in Destin, that vlog was filmed from a lower angle. If you compare it to the last Seattle vlog, the latter was filmed from a significantly higher angle. Which means the guy she was on the date with was significantly taller than Fisherman. It's pretty clear she was on the first or second date with someone she just met on a dating app. Besides, we previously discussed how weird it was for her to wait for a MONTH after coming back from the trip to peddle her pearls - logically she should have been anxious to launch her "collection" ASAP. She didn't mention having been sick or some trouble with her mother, so it's hard to imagine any reason for procrastination other than taking this time to recover from yet another heartbreak and get back on dating apps.

I hope Elle realizes that her dating strategy sets her up for failure from the very beginning. On dating apps she, no doubt, presents herself as a "successful attorney". To maintain that image, she went as far as to convince her mother to pay to list her on a law cooperative website. (Hard to imagine any other reason for convincing her mother to do so - that listing certainly wouldn't fool legitimate law firms should she apply to work there.) How long does it take her dates to figure out her real employment situation? Not only don't they get what they signed up for - dating a successful attorney, but it exposes her as a liar.

Nordstrom also drastically reduced the commission amount to 3% and changed how long cookies are valid. Lots of influencers skipped shilling the sale this year because it wasn’t “worth it”

• Heart
Wow, then she is really a canary in the coalmine. Since she was one of the early adapters of YouTube shilling, the death of her channel is the beginning of a domino effect of other influencers' lacking influence and paid product placements. No one cares about Chanel bags or Never Fulls anymore. Europeans carry simple around canvas or cotton bags for their stuff and still look good while doing it. Americans are following that trend too.

Nordstrom also drastically reduced the commission amount to 3% and changed how long cookies are valid. Lots of influencers skipped shilling the sale this year because it wasn’t “worth it”
What was the commission before? But I doubt that was Elle's reasoning to not post her haul since she doesn't care about money.

Wow, then she is really a canary in the coalmine. Since she was one of the early adapters of YouTube shilling, the death of her channel is the beginning of a domino effect of other influencers' lacking influence and paid product placements. No one cares about Chanel bags or Never Fulls anymore. Europeans carry simple around canvas or cotton bags for their stuff and still look good while doing it. Americans are following that trend too.

What was the commission before? But I doubt that was Elle's reasoning to not post her haul since she doesn't care about money.
It was 12% last year. I agree this isn’t why she hasn’t posted but might be a contributing factor.

I think Elle got dumped and she's just over it. I don't blame her. However, it would have been nice to get a goodbye video (for her fans).

What law cooperative website are you all referring to, by the way? The "firm" she works at now? I don't think you have to pay to be listed--I think she probably just pays for a desk and does indeed "work" there.

I think you guys are right and she got dumped. I thought nothing would stop her shopping and bragging (she was back shopping right after Joe walked out). But I think she was more optimistic 4 years ago. She was only 29. I am elle's age and most people I know only just started having kids in the last two years and I know a lot that are just pregnant now (even a few who are a couple years older than me). So she's be no means "behind" (whatever that really means) from her professional peers.

But I think in elle's ideal world she and Joe would have had their two kids by now or be pregnant with her second. Or she'd have had her first already with Rick. So I think she's prob having a huge pity party right now she's probably back to square one and is easily 2 years away from getting pregnant. One year to get engaged, one more to get married. And that's if she finds someone right now and get pregnant on her honeymoon.

I think Elle got dumped and she's just over it. I don't blame her. However, it would have been nice to get a goodbye video (for her fans).

What law cooperative website are you all referring to, by the way? The "firm" she works at now? I don't think you have to pay to be listed--I think she probably just pays for a desk and does indeed "work" there.
Sorry, I meant the "firm" where she "works" now. More likely her mother pays for her desk, Elle doesn't exactly have experience and qualifications to attract clients to pay for her desk rental, let alone her rent and living expenses. I just don't understand what the point was of renting a desk at that "firm" - she must realize that she doesn't have what it takes and is not willing to put in an effort to develop a successful private practice, and this "work experience" reference won't fool potential employers at legitimate law firms. The only reason I can think of for doing so was to impress men she meets on dating apps. But herein lies the problem: men who click on her profile are looking to date a successful attorney, not a rich housewife wannabe. Once they figure out her real employment situation - and it can't take long - the relationship is doomed.

• Heart
Sorry, I meant the "firm" where she "works" now. More likely her mother pays for her desk, Elle doesn't exactly have experience and qualifications to attract clients to pay for her desk rental, let alone her rent and living expenses. I just don't understand what the point was of renting a desk at that "firm" - she must realize that she doesn't have what it takes and is not willing to put in an effort to develop a successful private practice, and this "work experience" reference won't fool potential employers at legitimate law firms. The only reason I can think of for doing so was to impress men she meets on dating apps. But herein lies the problem: men who click on her profile are looking to date a successful attorney, not a rich housewife wannabe. Once they figure out her real employment situation - and it can't take long - the relationship is doomed.
Plus she used to present herself as lawyer/professor/business owner/jewelry designer/influencer, someone who juggles lots of different responsibilities, a super busy and accomplished "girlboss". Now she's sort of a lawyer and has really neglected her business and channel and is just a mess.

^ agreed. She’s still very green as far as being an actual lawyer. Her stint at this dodgy firm is her first foray into being a practicing lawyer. She’s totally in over her head

I think you guys are right and she got dumped. I thought nothing would stop her shopping and bragging (she was back shopping right after Joe walked out). But I think she was more optimistic 4 years ago. She was only 29. I am elle's age and most people I know only just started having kids in the last two years and I know a lot that are just pregnant now (even a few who are a couple years older than me). So she's be no means "behind" (whatever that really means) from her professional peers.

But I think in elle's ideal world she and Joe would have had their two kids by now or be pregnant with her second. Or she'd have had her first already with Rick. So I think she's prob having a huge pity party right now she's probably back to square one and is easily 2 years away from getting pregnant. One year to get engaged, one more to get married. And that's if she finds someone right now and get pregnant on her honeymoon.
Preach.

I'm a couple of years younger than Elle and see a real sense of panic in the early to mid 30 somethings around me who want to be a housewife slash lady who lunches type, and haven't managed to get married yet. Eleanor definitely isn't too old for marriage or motherhood but if she wants to be the trophy wife of some dorky guy with a high paying job and spend most of her time at the Vancouver Club or shopping on his dime, then she should be panicking. Even with all her touch ups, she looks visibly worse than her Joe years (probably stress from all the poor decisions, failed engagement, and many moves) and she doesn't bring any more to the table than she did four years ago, unless you mean an even larger kuh-lektion of ugly cashmere and too small ponte pants. I can only imagine that her desperation has increased tenfold since she was in her late 20s and with Chris and Joe, and that's definitely going to drive some men away as well. It's harder to date as you approach your mid 30s because the pressure of the biological clock gets way more real and you can't get away with slacking off and having zero professional accomplishments or assets like your 20s. Elle's little girl act and lack of personal responsibility at 34 this year is going to be a tough sell when she's meeting new men. A lot of professional women who are around Elle's age are now very accomplished, many own assets, are probably way more mature and pleasant to be around, and look as good if not better than her. She has stiff competition and not as much time left (in her eyes since she wanted to be married like five years ago).

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Wow, then she is really a canary in the coalmine. Since she was one of the early adapters of YouTube shilling, the death of her channel is the beginning of a domino effect of other influencers' lacking influence and paid product placements.
She was always good at the affiliate links but was terrible at product placement and sponsorships. Does anymore remember during her Florida/Rick days she was sponsored by ThredUp for a video? Elle Florence and used clothing 🤣🤣🤣 Even during her Vancouver days she had really strange sponsorships. One time it was a spray for fabric to prevent stains. She never nabbed a luxury sponsorship like many influencers have.

Reactions: 7
Preach.

I'm a couple of years younger than Elle and see a real sense of panic in the early to mid 30 somethings around me who want to be a housewife slash lady who lunches type, and haven't managed to get married yet. Eleanor definitely isn't too old for marriage or motherhood but if she wants to be the trophy wife of some dorky guy with a high paying job and spend most of her time at the Vancouver Club or shopping on his dime, then she should be panicking. Even with all her touch ups, she looks visibly worse than her Joe years (probably stress from all the poor decisions, failed engagement, and many moves) and she doesn't bring any more to the table than she did four years ago, unless you mean an even larger kuh-lektion of ugly cashmere and too small ponte pants. I can only imagine that her desperation has increased tenfold since she was in her late 20s and with Chris and Joe, and that's definitely going to drive some men away as well. It's harder to date as you approach your mid 30s because the pressure of the biological clock gets way more real and you can't get away with slacking off and having zero professional accomplishments or assets like your 20s. Elle's little girl act and lack of personal responsibility at 34 this year is going to be a tough sell when she's meeting new men. A lot of professional women who are around Elle's age are now very accomplished, many own assets, are probably way more mature and pleasant to be around, and look as good if not better than her. She has stiff competition and not as much time left (in her eyes since she wanted to be married like five years ago).
She brings far less to the table than she did four years ago. In those days she had a stable, secure white-collar job with excellent benefits and was teaching an online class.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Where is the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale video? I need to buy my 45th pair of ponte leggings. Now what am I supposed to do???

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Am I terrible for hoping Elle got dumped and is now currently moving to a new city? Maybe she found a wackadoodle to marry her. Not going to lie I'd love for her to just come back and go "surprise I'm married and living in Reno now" :ROFLMAO: as long as she went back to her crazy shopping I'd be down for that.

• Haha
  • Heart
So her mother closes her IG account then she goes MIA. Something big is definitely up. Does the fisherman post on IG? Some of you are so good at finding things out. We are all so curious about what is going on...

Honestly, I think the only thing that would stop her from posting would be if Ginette is sick. I am hoping that's not the case.

Am I terrible for hoping Elle got dumped and is now currently moving to a new city? Maybe she found a wackadoodle to marry her. Not going to lie I'd love for her to just come back and go "surprise I'm married and living in Reno now" :ROFLMAO: as long as she went back to her crazy shopping I'd be down for that.
I would want Elle to be married by Elvis in Vegas! lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.