Elle Florence #15 Bottle Blonde and Chanel by the Pond, How Long until Fisherman Figures Out the Con?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it's safe to say you could donate Smelle's wardrobe to five women and each of them would still end up with more clothes than an average woman.

Smelle is deeply unhappy because she cannot find security and stability in life. She tries to suppress these feelings with the high that shopping gives her but it's only temporary, so she needs to buy more and more.

First, her childhood was spent without a father and that's not because he was dead, an alcoholic, a criminal but simply because he wanted to remove himself from Spermbrows and their daughter. While the mother provided Smelle with all material goods and until this day remains a helicopter parent, she couldn't make up for the imbeded hurt that Smelle is feeling even now - her biological father never met her but decided he didn't want to know her, be in touch with her, spend time with her.
Then, she got into her head that life will be perfect if you emulate a Disney fairytale. You have to be attractive, feminine, a good homemaker, and you'll easily find the man who will love and worship you forever. However, the world is not a fairytale and there is more to maintaining a stable relationship than wearing a ton of hairspray and nail polish that matches christmas tree decorations. She goes for men who aren't dying to be husbands (maybe apart from Rickets) and are focused more on their career and general appearance than impregnating their wife and becoming her ATM until death do them part. Smelle wishes to be a luxury tradwife but the men she dates have no interest in being tradhusbands.
How do you know that Elle’s biological father is not “dead, an alcoholic, a criminal?“ What facts do you have to substantiate this? Just curious and wondering where this info was derived from.

How do you know that Elle’s biological father is not “dead, an alcoholic, a criminal?“ What facts do you have to substantiate this? Just curious and wondering where this info was derived from.
She said in one of her ellemas Christmas specials that her father wanted nothing to do with her and was never in her life. Considering elle's mom didn't seem to work after that (sounds like ginette moved back to Europe to live with her family and then they all moved to Canada together, Elle mentions this when she went with Chris to Montreal as well) we are assuming ginette got some sort of compensation from elle's father. Most single moms don't even get the child support they are owed and usually have to work at least one job to support their kid(s). Unless ginette's family was loaded this is the only explanation how she's been able to essentially be retired for 34 years and follow her daughter around the world.

If he was dead or an alcoholic I doubt Elle and her mom would be living the lifestyle they have.

I think some of us suspect either ginette got pregnant by a rich man who was either already married (hence wanting nothing to do with her) or who just didn't want kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
She said in one of her ellemas Christmas specials that her father wanted nothing to do with her and was never in her life. Considering elle's mom didn't seem to work after that (sounds like ginette moved back to Europe to live with her family and then they all moved to Canada together, Elle mentions this when she went with Chris to Montreal as well) we are assuming ginette got some sort of compensation from elle's father. Most single moms don't even get the child support they are owed and usually have to work at least one job to support their kid(s). Unless ginette's family was loaded this is the only explanation how she's been able to essentially be retired for 34 years and follow her daughter around the world.

If he was dead or an alcoholic I doubt Elle and her mom would be living the lifestyle they have.

I think some of us suspect either ginette got pregnant by a rich man who was either already married (hence wanting nothing to do with her) or who just didn't want kids.
Oh. Ok. Thank You for this. I have never watched any videos with Chris in them. I must have missed the one at Christmas where she mentioned this. I started watching her in her Joe days. Didn‘t watch too many of her Rick era videos because he creeped me out so bad I just couldn’t watch much with him in it.

Reactions: 4
Oh. Ok. Thank You for this. I have never watched any videos with Chris in them. I must have missed the one at Christmas where she mentioned this. I started watching her in her Joe days. Didn‘t watch too many of her Rick era videos because he creeped me out so bad I just couldn’t watch much with him in it.
Yeah the Rick ones were cringe but since I had a gut feeling they'd be deleted one day, I watched them. You didn't miss much.

If I were Elle, that would be enough for me not to want to have anything to do with him. Good riddance. 🤷‍♀️

Her father wasn’t a part of her life, but so what? She has Ginette and had her grandparents. There are many people who don’t even have that and don’t turn out to be greedy, lying a-holes who constantly date for validation. 🙄

I understand that everyone has varying degrees of resilience and clearly Elle has a fragile ego, but that’s why therapy exists.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Her father wasn’t a part of her life, but so what? She has Ginette and had her grandparents. There are many people who don’t even have that and don’t turn out to be greedy, lying a-holes who constantly date for validation. 🙄

I understand that everyone has varying degrees of resilience and clearly Elle has a fragile ego, but that’s why therapy exists.
Even if Elle came from a huge family she'd have her issues. There is lots of talk of therapy on here but honestly it's useless unless the person wants to explore it and is open to change. Elle has never struck me as that kind of person. She's the opposite of dynamic - she loves routine and seems quite rigid and obsessed with things being perfect.

Reactions: 7
If I were Elle, that would be enough for me not to want to have anything to do with him. Good riddance. 🤷‍♀️

I agree, my mom's father barely was in her life and always missed visitations with her. It bothered her when she was a child but now she's been over it for decades. He tried to come back into her life when my brother and I were born, bc he wanted "to meet HIS grandchildren". My mom told him to duck off and I've never met him and never cared to. My grandma still laments that my mom didn't have a father figure but my grandma also left him bc he was abusive.

My grandma also says it is sad we haven't met him but why would I care to meet someone who treated both my mom and grandma horribly.? Elle clearly is someone who thinks once things " look perfect" she will be happy. So many people don't even have one parent that clearly cares as much as ginette cares for Elle. But people who take all their validation from external sources will never truly be happy unless they think everyone envies them.

Elle get a gratitude journal and work on that if you won't bother going to therapy. Remembering what you have to be thankful/grateful for really helps with happiness. I've been so much happier once I started doing that.

But Elle also clearly has issues about asking men to take her back when they've already signaled they don't want her anymore. It is one thing after your first serious relationship to ask for someone back but to do it when you are a grown ass adult is sad.

• Heart
What ever happen to Elle’s friend Natalie? I recall her deleting her channel..I think?

At 20:18

She's the opposite of dynamic - she loves routine and seems quite rigid and obsessed with things being perfect.
I think the defining aspect of Elle is that she's obsessed with YOU thinking everything about her is perfect. That's why the Rick fiasco did such a number on her. There was no way she could pretend to everyone else that it went well.

What ever happen to Elle’s friend Natalie? I recall her deleting her channel..I think?

At 20:18
She got really upset at GG and people kind of doxing her, and quit YouTube as a result. Tbh, everything people found out about Natalie was pretty standard, and a Google search after one of her videos would’ve led you to those answers. Natalie, for example, never explicitly mentioned where she went to school but people were able to deduce that it was University of Toronto given the small number of large universities in Canada and her description of her very specialized program.

Natalie worshipped Elle and followed her around like a sick puppy. If I recall correctly, Natalie flew all the way from Toronto to Vancouver for Elle’s birthday and bought her a gift from Louis Vuitton (it was some short of SLG). Elle barely acknowledged her other than being thrilled about her gift, and that was the only point we saw Natalie in that vlog, Elle filming Natalie giving her the gift. Natalie never seemed as selfish as Elle, but seemed just as airheaded. She was a phd student and was married or at least had a very serious relationship during her period on YouTube.

She got really upset at GG and people kind of doxing her, and quit YouTube as a result. Tbh, everything people found out about Natalie was pretty standard, and a Google search after one of her videos would’ve led you to those answers. Natalie, for example, never explicitly mentioned where she went to school but people were able to deduce that it was University of Toronto given the small number of large universities in Canada and her description of her very specialized program.

Natalie worshipped Elle and followed her around like a sick puppy. If I recall correctly, Natalie flew all the way from Toronto to Vancouver for Elle’s birthday and bought her a gift from Louis Vuitton (it was some short of SLG). Elle barely acknowledged her other than being thrilled about her gift, and that was the only point we saw Natalie in that vlog, Elle filming Natalie giving her the gift. Natalie never seemed as selfish as Elle, but seemed just as airheaded. She was a phd student and was married or at least had a very serious relationship during her period on YouTube.
Just to add, she was a lawyer for real and talked about legal things and how much she loved her job on her channel. Then she abruptly quit to go back to school. On her last video she claimed she was having health problems and had to quit YouTube and then dramatically went dark. She was an odd one.

Just to add, she was a lawyer for real and talked about legal things and how much she loved her job on her channel. Then she abruptly quit to go back to school. On her last video she claimed she was having health problems and had to quit YouTube and then dramatically went dark. She was an odd one.
She also had the worst fashion sense. I remember some of her outfits being absolutely terrible. Even in the meetup video posted above what is she wearing compared to everyone else.

• Haha
I just watched that video. It's so sad looking at that girl Natalie because she is looking at Elle with puppy eyes! Yikes.

I just watched that video. It's so sad looking at that girl Natalie because she is looking at Elle with puppy eyes! Yikes.
What's crazier is that Natalie said in that video that was the second time they've met in person, so does that mean the first time was when she flew to Vancouver to give Elle the LV gift for her birthday? No wonder Elle thinks the sun shines out of her bum! Despite being a mess, she manages to attract some serious Karens and delusional fans who think she's the ultimate aspirational #girlboss.

Natalie was prettier than Elle as well, and was in a healthy and very serious relationship the entire time. No idea what she saw in Elle!

Odd is definitely right. I feel like I read on her GG thread (not sure if it's still there) that Natalie went on a rampage and asked the mods at GG to remove all discussions about her because she said they were doxxing and harming her mental health. All because someone found out that she was a phd student at University of Toronto, something she shared herself. Reminds me of Elle's insistence these days to "maintain my privacy because the internet is really mean place now."

What's crazier is that Natalie said in that video that was the second time they've met in person, so does that mean the first time was when she flew to Vancouver to give Elle the LV gift for her birthday? No wonder Elle thinks the sun shines out of her bum! Despite being a mess, she manages to attract some serious Karens and delusional fans who think she's the ultimate aspirational #girlboss.

Natalie was prettier than Elle as well, and was in a healthy and very serious relationship the entire time. No idea what she saw in Elle!

Odd is definitely right. I feel like I read on her GG thread (not sure if it's still there) that Natalie went on a rampage and asked the mods at GG to remove all discussions about her because she said they were doxxing and harming her mental health. All because someone found out that she was a phd student at University of Toronto, something she shared herself. Reminds me of Elle's insistence these days to "maintain my privacy because the internet is really mean place now."
I think the birthday party was after this Toronto meet up.
I remember the Natalie rampage when some posted her school and program name, all of which probably wasn’t too hard to find since she mentioned she was doing something HR related. I don’t understand what Natalie wanted, if she was wanted to be the next Elle or any online personality where your whole brand is sharing your reviews, and your purchases and your life vlogs, I think it’s expected some public information will be found.

For someone who has 81K on YouTube plus this vlog would have been just shortly after the height of her Joe days I don’t think she attracted that many people to her meet up. YouTube is just a lot of smoke and mirrors.

If Smelle's had her channel for almost 10 years, a lot of her subscribers could be dead accounts. Just the fact she gets below 15k views on her videos is quite telling.

Natalie seemed quite ditzy despite being an ACTUAL lawyer and having some academic achievements. I can't understand why anyone who makes their LinkedIn public would get dramatic about people finding said profile. If you want to keep your education and career a secret, don't get a LinkedIn account 🤣

I think the birthday party was after this Toronto meet up.
I remember the Natalie rampage when some posted her school and program name, all of which probably wasn’t too hard to find since she mentioned she was doing something HR related. I don’t understand what Natalie wanted, if she was wanted to be the next Elle or any online personality where your whole brand is sharing your reviews, and your purchases and your life vlogs, I think it’s expected some public information will be found.

For someone who has 81K on YouTube plus this vlog would have been just shortly after the height of her Joe days I don’t think she attracted that many people to her meet up. YouTube is just a lot of smoke and mirrors.
That makes a bit more sense, but it’s still weird that Natalie was flying out and buying an expensive gift for a random YouTuber she worships. As far as I’m aware, she didn’t do that with anyone else.

If Smelle's had her channel for almost 10 years, a lot of her subscribers could be dead accounts. Just the fact she gets below 15k views on her videos is quite telling.

Natalie seemed quite ditzy despite being an ACTUAL lawyer and having some academic achievements. I can't understand why anyone who makes their LinkedIn public would get dramatic about people finding said profile. If you want to keep your education and career a secret, don't get a LinkedIn account 🤣
Natalie and Elle seemed like the deranged sisters when Natalie went off! They both love that heavy makeup, pageant hair, and traditionally feminine look and seem super ditzy. But Natalie seemed nice whereas Elle was so full of herself, especially during those days because she was dating Joe. Does anyone else remember how she called him bunny all the time :sick:

But Natalie seemed nice whereas Elle was so full of herself, especially during those days because she was dating Joe.
Hmmm Natalie was also very full of herself and a nasty person. She went to Paris with her husband to celebrate finishing her first year of her studies (and get videos at all the luxury boutiques) and was pouty and tearful because the Notre Dame fire meant she couldn't go out and celebrate. She also filmed a video screaming at a teenage Disney World employee who accidentally brushed her arm. Natalie told her "I'm a lawyer" and said the girl had punched her and that she would be seeking damages against the company. Neither nice nor sweet. Ironic considering the name of her channel.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Hmmm Natalie was also very full of herself and a nasty person. She went to Paris with her husband to celebrate finishing her first year of her studies (and get videos at all the luxury boutiques) and was pouty and tearful because the Notre Dame fire meant she couldn't go out and celebrate. She also filmed a video screaming at a teenage Disney World employee who accidentally brushed her arm. Natalie told her "I'm a lawyer" and said the girl had punched her and that she would be seeking damages against the company. Neither nice nor sweet. Ironic considering the name of her channel.
Whoa, I did not know all that because I never watched her videos, and only caught glimpses of her in Elle's! Should've known that anyone who was obsessed with Elle would be a deranged Karen. She probably thought that Elle running into people with her camera, getting angry at an Uber driver who got into an accident, and whining about her Chanel boutique experience was justified, if Natalie is also that kind of person.

I didn't watch much of her content but I always got the sense both MDS and Elle are every customer service specialist's worst nightmare.

The fact she would upload the vid of the incident shows that she has simialr issues as Elle does parsing reality when said reality isn't convenient for them. Elle uploaded the girlboss breakup thinking it would make her look like a victim because Joe offered no indication of being unhappy, when the video actually showed him being completely done with her throughout. MDS probably uploaded the Disney incident video thinking everyone would be angered and shocked at how some high school employee violently assaulted poor her.

Neither Disney Assault or girlboss breakup are still on youtube though, so at least both of them learned something.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.