Elle Florence #15 Bottle Blonde and Chanel by the Pond, How Long until Fisherman Figures Out the Con?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"I'm going to the airport right after training", she said while going through her clothes. Wait a minute, Elle, I thought you went to Toronto for high level meetings with top brass. And now you're saying you were attending "training"? Can't keep your lies straight, can you?

Well, that lie pales compared to "I'm a corporate attorney". You mean a corporation your mother pays to list you on their website so that you can present yourself as a "lawyer" on dating apps? At least in those days you had a steady paycheck. Now your mother is reduced to having to cover your living expenses.

Reactions: 6
^ exactly! She always made that Toronto trip sound way more grandiose than it actually was. It was basically her company sending the admins en masse to the east coast for some annual training. But true to form, her delusional ass called it a “business trip” 🙄 she just loves to embellish the truth to make herself sound important. Scarf designer is one that comes to mind 😂 Speaking of which, I’m actually corresponding with her supplier right now. The thicker one she released in December costs around 40 bucks a piece (wholesale; 5 units per color). She is so damn greedy

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I think her channel is dead, guys.
It's been dead since she left Vancouver and moved to Florida to marry Rick. Good riddance! Hopefully Elle has been using this time to come join the rest of us on planet earth, where amassing piles of Chanel and staring bizarrely into a camera while twirling around in a boring scarf are nothing but silly distractions from actually living and being a functioning adult.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I think her channel is dead, guys.
Yeah, theres just so little to brag about any more. She's no longer the pretty young career woman. Bainbridge is quiet and boring. There's no more Yaletown. No Vancouver Club. No more morning walks to the office all painted up. She never got to be a monied young mommy-vlogger. No busy, high-earning husband. No goop hauls. No second plates to film. No 'Silly Duhdee' to put Beebee or Moomoo or Foofoo or whatever in a LV bag. No more morning coffees at Nordstrom. No more making the saleswoman check in back. No more exciting scarf color announcements. No more rides in the passenger seat to the bed and breakfast. Now, she's just like . . . well . . . everyone else.

All of that is fine Elle. We know it's not what you wanted, but theres nothing wrong with it. Best of luck with everything going forward.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Yeah, theres just so little to brag about any more. ... Best of luck with everything going forward.
So no farewell video to all her subbies? Typical selfishness. I think more than the awful life choices, the cringe worthy upspeak, and all around haughtiness that turns so many off, it is the post-Pandemic consumer world that killed her channel. Even when she was between disasters, she could buy a bag or ring and post about it through depressed teary eyes. Now most women are not into high end bags or overpriced jewelry. Girlboss aspiration seem shallow and meaningless when they only lead to more stuff. We know what is important, like fulfilling and balanced work-life arrangements, solid relationships, having a higher cause, and non consumerist self care. Elle can't speak with authenticity or authority to any of these things. When I see her Joe era videos I think that was like 100years ago. So much has changed except for Elle.

Reactions: 10
It's been dead since she left Vancouver and moved to Florida to marry Rick. Good riddance! Hopefully Elle has been using this time to come join the rest of us on planet earth, where amassing piles of Chanel and staring bizarrely into a camera while twirling around in a boring scarf are nothing but silly distractions from actually living and being a functioning adult.
Yup, good riddance. Ever since she moved to Washington most people were done with her and wanted her channel gone, anyway. Aside from the snark on here, her videos were boring infomercials.

Reactions: 6
Yup, good riddance. Ever since she moved to Washington most people were done with her and wanted her channel gone, anyway. Aside from the snark on here, her videos were boring infomercials.
Still there is a nostalgia factor present in her videos that I will miss. Also she is the only influencer I share goss about. So will miss you guys!

• Heart
  • Haha
We can always watch old vids of her and snark about that. I will miss everyone here too if she stops making vids. You guys are hilarious

Maybe we can find another delusional "profeshunull" GirlBoss to snark about? A girl can dream...

All joking aside, I would love to see Elle move to Europe. She has a Belgian passport! Come on, Elle. Give us Elle in Europe!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
She would never…being “european” in a non european country is her special snowflake trademark 😂

god I remember in one of her Thailand vlogs, she attributed her and Chris being European as the reason why they ordered a particular dish. Chris wasn’t visible or audible in the video but I could just feel him cringing in the background. Do you guys know if he’s in a relationship? It’d be interesting to see how his life panned out post Elle.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
She would never…being “european” in a non european country is her special snowflake trademark 😂

god I remember in one of her Thailand vlogs, she attributed her and Chris being European as the reason why they ordered a particular dish. Chris wasn’t visible or audible in the video but I could just feel him cringing in the background. Do you guys know if he’s in a relationship? It’d be interesting to see how his life panned out post Elle.
Omg the secondhand cringe from that. I can't. lol

I totally agree with you that Elle's whole shtick is, "I'm European!" That's why it would be so great to see her actually in Europe. If she's in Belgium, what is she going to say to people? "I love waffles because I'm Belgian!"? Everyone would look at her like she had two heads but she'd prattle on and on about it. It would be great.

It would be like saying, "I like apple pie because I'm American!" in the US lol. People would just politely nod and think "oh, bless her heart." I want to see the European equivalent of that! I want to see her live in a small European apartment and have to downsize her 567 cashmere sweaters. I want to see her in France actually having a capsule wardrobe. I want to see her in Italy mispronouncing sfogliatella. I want to see her pageant hair and debutante makeup looking out of place in Antwerp. I want to see her picking up vintage kushuns in a market. I want to see her going to work completely overdressed for her office. I want to see her being out-paled by people, lol. I WANT ELLE IN EUROPE!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Do we think she’s truly given up on the channel (but how will she peddle her wares?) or is there trouble in paradise with the fisherman? I have a feeling they’ve been on and off since her Florida fishing trip, and Elle is desperately clinging on.

Reactions: 7
I'm hoping for her sake that her relationship is going well and he's put his foot down about the channel. Normally I would find this controlling for a man to do but in a weird Uno Reversal turn of events, it would actually be good for her.

A heated mess and Chase Amie both already have two Nordstrom sale videos up. Where is yours Elle?? Hmmm?

Do we think she’s truly given up on the channel (but how will she peddle her wares?) or is there trouble in paradise with the fisherman? I have a feeling they’ve been on and off since her Florida fishing trip, and Elle is desperately clinging on.
I agree I think she and Eric fisherman are struggling and that's why she's not posting. Or she's aggressive in trying to get that ring now. Cucking for him and trying to set a romantic mood for canoodling in hopes he realizes he cant live without here.

Reactions: 5
To be honest, I don't even think she'll be using the channel for her pearls anymore. Some of the reactions to her last pearl video were so negative, I doubt that advertising them on her channel is even bringing in the numbers she wants. I remember during her Joe-era Vlogmas days, she'd have tote bags (plural!) full of orders everyday. But that's because there was a certain brand affiliated with her merch - the yuppie urban socialite, the lovely Yaletown backdrop, etc. Now that she's living a quiet PNW suburban life (nothing wrong with that) I doubt she's pulling in the numbers she used to. Plus, she never made any efforts to promote or grow her business outside of YT, so now that the popularity in her channel is wanning, her sales might as well.

As a general comment, it seems like the era of the "YouTube Influencer" has dwindled. Are people really eagerly waiting to know what YTers are buying at Nordstrom Anniversary sales, etc. anymore? That's working against Elle as well. Maybe its for the best that she's stepping away so she can focus on more important things.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
As a general comment, it seems like the era of the "YouTube Influencer" has dwindled. Are people really eagerly waiting to know what YTers are buying at Nordstrom Anniversary sales, etc. anymore? That's working against Elle as well. Maybe its for the best that she's stepping away so she can focus on more important things.
That's a great observation. Especially with the economy and the cost of living rising everywhere, most people (of all incomes) aren't looking to waste money buying unnecessary things. I'm seeing so many friends and family travel after the pandemic rather than buy the next 'thing'. Who cares about buying a pair of silk pajamas or a set of mini Diptyque candles or whatever else Nordstrom is selling? I'm sure there are deals but a lot of it seems consumerist and about selling us junk we don't really need or want. The influencer 'click my link below' phenomenon seems very tired at this point.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.