Elle Florence #15 Bottle Blonde and Chanel by the Pond, How Long until Fisherman Figures Out the Con?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Speaking of babies, Chase Amie popped up in my video feed and it turns out she’s pregnant. I knew at one point Elle followed Amie and if she knew this she’s probably foaming at the mouth in jealousy. 🤣🤣🤣
Amie and Elle started around the same time and used to do collabs as well. They were both part of that “aspirational young professional in a big city” set with designer handbags but affordable clothing, though both of them are now spending a lot more than they used to. Amie’s channel has taken off a lot more than Elle’s with over 250k followers and she even gets luxury retailers sponsorships, while Elle is still hanging around 80k. They both have bad fashion sense though and dress very traditionally feminine and think that’s style.

Amie is also now a full time influencer, married, a homeowner with her husband, and now pregnant. She is kind of living Elle’s dream although Dan isn’t rich. But Amie and Dan both hustle hard and are constantly trying to make money so they got that going for them.

Reactions: 9
Amie and Elle started around the same time and used to do collabs as well. They were both part of that “aspirational young professional in a big city” set with designer handbags but affordable clothing, though both of them are now spending a lot more than they used to. Amie’s channel has taken off a lot more than Elle’s with over 250k followers and she even gets luxury retailers sponsorships, while Elle is still hanging around 80k. They both have bad fashion sense though and dress very traditionally feminine and think that’s style.

Amie is also now a full time influencer, married, a homeowner with her husband, and now pregnant. She is kind of living Elle’s dream although Dan isn’t rich. But Amie and Dan both hustle hard and are constantly trying to make money so they got that going for them.
Elle is so jealous I'd imagine

Reactions: 3
I'm sure Elle is envious of Chase Amie's stay-at-home mom life but Amie is a mess. She couldn't find the time to get a door for her bathroom for a year but was out buying Chanel! I suppose going to a hardware store was just too difficult for her and her husband. Another out of touch and deluded influencer 🤪

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I had to laugh because someone asked Amie about how having a baby would impact her work and she said she expects to keep working the same amount. LOLZ! She has no idea what is about to happen to her. Yeah Amie, the same amount of work, the same amount of sleep, the same amount of free time 😆 Having said that I am thrilled because this is yet another reminder to Elle that her life is tit. Amie does seem crazy and money-hungry but at least she managed to find a relationship without having to pretend to be someone she isn't.
I agree that Elle's days of content creation might be done. She has nothing to brag about and tbh, her life is embarrassing so I would understand if she finally gives up YT. I still think she was dumped and expect that at some point she will just pretend like she is 'protecting her privacy' when in fact she will just stop posting because she is alone.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Amie isn’t perfect and I find her very annoying but good on her for working hard and making her channel what it is, even though it’s mostly artificial and shallow content. 🤣🤣🤣

Unlike Elle, I feel sorry for Amie. It seems like when she went to university she was surrounded by rich kids and feels some compulsive need to obtain a rich lifestyle and invest in these money making shams. It’s eye roll inducing but I get a less nefarious vibe from Amie compared to Elle.

• Haha
I'm sure Elle is envious of Chase Amie's stay-at-home mom life but Amie is a mess. She couldn't find the time to get a door for her bathroom for a year but was out buying Chanel! I suppose going to a hardware store was just too difficult for her and her husband. Another out of touch and deluded influencer 🤪
OMG I totally agree! How many damn Chanel flaps can one own? There is a mental dysfunction that causes these Elle and Amie types to create channels like this. Maybe growing up half Korean in the UK causes one to constantly want to prove you are not only good but better than others. I think Amie's mother keeps her grounded, as Asian mothers are very honest. I know I have one. Plus she has a brother and niece, so a good family support system. After Covid, war, recession and the great distance between the out-of-touch 1% and the rest of us, these luxury channels look tawdry. Most of are not competing with others anymore but finding ways to work together to live sustainably.

Reactions: 7
OMG I totally agree! How many damn Chanel flaps can one own? There is a mental dysfunction that causes these Elle and Amie types to create channels like this. Maybe growing up half Korean in the UK causes one to constantly want to prove you are not only good but better than others. I think Amie's mother keeps her grounded, as Asian mothers are very honest. I know I have one. Plus she has a brother and niece, so a good family support system. After Covid, war, recession and the great distance between the out-of-touch 1% and the rest of us, these luxury channels look tawdry. Most of are not competing with others anymore but finding ways to work together to live sustainably.
What's the situation with Amie's dad? I always hear her talking about her mom and have seen her in some of Amie's posts, but never anything about her dad. I think Amie has mentioned that he's British at some point. I wonder if it's a similar situation to Elle's.

Reactions: 1
What's the situation with Amie's dad? I always hear her talking about her mom and have seen her in some of Amie's posts, but never anything about her dad. I think Amie has mentioned that he's British at some point. I wonder if it's a similar situation to Elle's.
I am guessing they are divorced or perhaps he passed. He must have been present in a good way. That is why she has a solid relationship with Dan. They support each other emotionally and in all practical ways. Their relationship itself is a bit cliche. The proposal, the wedding, the vacations were boring to watch. At least Elle provides lots of drama.

Reactions: 4
I haven’t watched Amie in years but from what I remember with Dan, Amie never infantilized herself around him or relegated him to the spare bathroom down the hallway. 🤣🤣🤣 She actually found someone who is just like her, hardworking from a working class background and unhealthily obsessed with status. But I also thought there was a genuine affection with each other, whereas Elle would act like a spoiled puppy around her boyfriends, oblivious with their annoyance towards her. 🤣🤣🤣

Now I really wonder how Amie’s mother compares with Ginette, just given how bad Elle is with boundaries and her overall selfishness.

As our hero seems to be winding down. I present the abridged 'Elle Florence Story'

At first I was like:
l1RwsPv.png

So I did this:
7QYJ5nx.png

But then:
9PNk7vG.png

So now I'm like:
Tzzixbi.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Your second sentence is an interesting point to me. I always wonder if they start off as shopaholics or if the demands of creating content constantly make them into shopaholics. I remember seeing a very early Elle video where she was talking about professional work clothes from Ann Taylor. She had lots of vlogs during the Joe years but couldn't keep that up when he left and she less money and no friends. To keep her channel growing she needed to do endless hauls and buy luxury bags. When I first started watching Amie she had far fewer bags and had endless videos ranking them, and it got really dull. Then she started buying a lot more bags and doing more clothing hauls. Again, I think to some extent that's necessary to grow if you're not interesting enough to have other content.

Reactions: 8
Your second sentence is an interesting point to me. I always wonder if they start off as shopaholics or if the demands of creating content constantly make them into shopaholics. I remember seeing a very early Elle video where she was talking about professional work clothes from Ann Taylor. She had lots of vlogs during the Joe years but couldn't keep that up when he left and she less money and no friends. To keep her channel growing she needed to do endless hauls and buy luxury bags. When I first started watching Amie she had far fewer bags and had endless videos ranking them, and it got really dull. Then she started buying a lot more bags and doing more clothing hauls. Again, I think to some extent that's necessary to grow if you're not interesting enough to have other content.
I think Amie managed her content well in that while she did share some details of her life (family, travels, boyfriend, education), she never relied on her personal life to sustain her channel. Amie always focused on fashion, makeup, and luxury goods. As soon as Elle found Joe, her channel turned into “let me brag about my boyfriend and lady who lunches lifestyle” and she veered away from her young professional content.

Even though Dan shows up a lot now on Amie’s channel, it’s usually in relation to something related to her usual content (bf guesses price of handbags, our new home tour) rather than Elle’s brand of “teehee this is my boyfriend who is paying for my lifestyle and we’re lunching at Vancouver club and going luxury shopping later in Hawaii” cameos.

Even though Dan shows up a lot now on Amie’s channel, it’s usually in relation to something related to her usual content (bf guesses price of handbags, our new home tour) rather than Elle’s brand of “teehee this is my boyfriend who is paying for my lifestyle and we’re lunching at Vancouver club and going luxury shopping later in Hawaii” cameos.
Haha if Elle did a video where Joe found out how much her bags cost he would have hit the road long before he actually did!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I got the impression for Dan and Amie since they both generally just have their mom's over for holidays (prior to her brother moving back to the Uk) that they Both came from single mom households I got the impression they bonded over that.

As much as I like to rag on Amie for dumbing down her content and her ramen hair and only using her chanel flaps at least she has a good family relationships. She may not have a busy social life but I feel like you have to be a bit of an introvert to become a YouTuber.

Reactions: 5
Honestly I’m quite surprised she’s not doing her umpteenth video on halogen ponte pants and Vince cashmere. The anniversary sale is like Super Bowl Sunday for smelle, not to mention, a huge cash grab. Maybe she’s overwhelmed cosplaying lawyer at the new “firm”

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Honestly I’m quite surprised she’s not doing her umpteenth video on halogen ponte pants and Vince cashmere. The anniversary sale is like Super Bowl Sunday for smelle, not to mention, a huge cash grab. Maybe she’s overwhelmed cosplaying lawyer at the new “firm”
That's how I discovered her! Nord Anniversary Sale haul circa 2015!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Don't worry I'm sure Elle will release a Nordstrom video the minute the sale begins. Anyone remember the one year where Elle rushed home and filmed immediately after shopping? I guess the money from the links is really good if that was her priority. I'm outside the US but I never understood the appeal of the sale. All the influencers go on about how it's not a normal sale because everything is new and not old stock. Hmmmm many sales are like that. I just bought some summer dresses on sale at Zara and it's still summer. What a shock! If Nordstrom has the money to give people like Elle gift cards to promote the sale (which she got one year) then it's obviously not really a sale, just a marketing tactic.

Don't worry I'm sure Elle will release a Nordstrom video the minute the sale begins. Anyone remember the one year where Elle rushed home and filmed immediately after shopping? I guess the money from the links is really good if that was her priority. I'm outside the US but I never understood the appeal of the sale. All the influencers go on about how it's not a normal sale because everything is new and not old stock. Hmmmm many sales are like that. I just bought some summer dresses on sale at Zara and it's still summer. What a shock! If Nordstrom has the money to give people like Elle gift cards to promote the sale (which she got one year) then it's obviously not really a sale, just a marketing tactic.
Yes I agree. This sale is a mess. I have seen mountains of returns and garbage at the checkouts all through the sale. Then two months later say Sept. or Oct. the same items are deeply discounted. It is mainly psychological trickery to make it seem lie you will miss out by not buying these items immediately.

• Haha
Yes I agree. This sale is a mess. I have seen mountains of returns and garbage at the checkouts all through the sale. Then two months later say Sept. or Oct. the same items are deeply discounted. It is mainly psychological trickery to make it seem lie you will miss out by not buying these items immediately.
Wait, are you saying the one who dies with the most ponte pants doesn't actually win?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.